Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 75 Assignments Club! "I have about 75 assignments under my belt since I joined!"

Smile 75 and counting

Brad, sounds like a great success story. Can you tell me how much experience you had before you started. I am starting a whole new career and I am a little worried that I may be wasting my time withour prior experience, however, I do have very good transferable skill sets.

Thanks for your input - greatly appreciated.

Ken

Hi Bradley;
    I recently moved to level 4, and was very curious on how to become a Fugitive Recovery Agent Trainee ? some people say is not for women, what is your opinion ? and is it worth it? $$$$ or.......
    Thanks and Congratulations
    Monica Davis

Hi There Monica,

Welcome to I. P. I. U.!!! Yes all lot of people say it is not for women, but I do not totally agree with that. I use to work in a county jail, and a couple of the correctional officers I worked with in a regular basis were women, I will tell you this, I would then, trust them with my safety more than half of the men I worked with back then. I do not have a lot of experience in Fugitive Recovery, but finding them is a big part of the job. The physical aspect of catching them does take physical strength, If a woman has enough strength and can handle wrestling with A 300 LB fugitive with a team, or a partner, I say go for it. Remember one thing, do not get into something without being educated, trained and work with pros for and long time before you go and play DOG!!
    Good Luck and God Bless. Drop me a line anytime with any question, let us know a little about you, and read, read, read, and post. It has worked for me.

Brad

Hi Brad:
    Thank you for your good advise. I'm a big bone woman and weight a little bit over 200 lbs. and I do work out, never the less I'm very femenine, that is the reason why I think I can probably be good at it with a little help and enough training/education if I can only find the right people to hook up with, I'am definitely street wise (bilingual spanish) and I think that would be helpful. I don't belive any thing you try is a waste of time, it's all in the state of mind, if anything, is a good learning experience. Well, that's my thought for the day, that is until I have another brain storm. Have a good day and God Bless you.
    Once again, thank you.
    Mony

75 would be nice!

As a new comer, it is nice to hear about others success. Congratulations on 75+

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley P Watson
    Congrats' o all with 20 or more assignments.

As for you not there yet, Read, Learn, Post and ask questions and don't give up.

Things are coming around for me slowly, but they are getting there. I have about 75 assignments inder my belt since I joined I.P.I.U. in August 2004. My prior experience did help, but I.P.I.U. is helping me put myself on the PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR MAP.
    Hi again Brad;
    I just got my first 2 assingments yeah !!!!! and I can literally jump of joy, thanks to I.P.I.U. my dream it's caming true only 73 to go HA HA !!! I'll be right behind you in o time (I wish and hope)
    Thanks for your support and keep up the good work. Until the next time God Bless.
    Monica

I am just getting started and I just love to hear those great success stories. I just cannot wait to actually get started!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Monica Davis
    Hi Brad:
    Thank you for your good advise. I'm a big bone woman and weight a little bit over 200 lbs. and I do work out, never the less I'm very femenine, that is the reason why I think I can probably be good at it with a little help and enough training/education if I can only find the right people to hook up with, I'am definitely street wise (bilingual spanish) and I think that would be helpful. I don't belive any thing you try is a waste of time, it's all in the state of mind, if anything, is a good learning experience. Well, that's my thought for the day, that is until I have another brain storm. Have a good day and God Bless you.
    Once again, thank you.
    Mony
    Go for it girl, I wish you the best. What part of Calif are you from? I'm in the Central Valley, No Cal. I am planning to get started real soon on my first two assignments too. A friend advised me to try Aikido. He is currently taking it and says it's great for exercise, and would be great for self-defense. I am planning to locate a class in my area.

Best Wishes and God Bless,
    TJ

Wink Sonya Condon

Bradley -
    It sounds like you have moved up very quickly. I hope to achieve as much as you did. Any additional helpful hints?
    Thanks!

Sonya,
    Hurry up, I need some company. Ha Ha. There should be lots out there in Michigan for you, I personally have knowledge of an agency in Michigan that does a wide range of security and PI work. If you would like the info please let me know. I have no pull in the agency, but they are growing and hire on a regular basis. I am not sure of the requirements, but they have a website with all the info.

Brad

Go for it:

Hi TJ;
    I am in the South Bay area near LAX and have being here pretty much all my life. I'm also planning to try a self-defense class thank you for the good advice. Keep up the good work, until the next time God Bless.
    Mony
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa J Taylor
    Go for it girl, I wish you the best. What part of Calif are you from? I'm in the Central Valley, No Cal. I am planning to get started real soon on my first two assignments too. A friend advised me to try Aikido. He is currently taking it and says it's great for exercise, and would be great for self-defense. I am planning to locate a class in my area.

Best Wishes and God Bless,
    TJ

75+ is awesome! My goal is to work steadily, and gain as much experience in the field of investigation as possible. Keep up the great work!

I'm ready for the first one, It will take time I know!
    Vickie

Hello all, I am new to the P.I. field, and looking for information on where to get started.
    I am in the Central Valley of California, and recently retired from a Police Department.
    I have over 16 + years of Investigative experience, but have no clue on where to go or who to see.
    Thanks in advance for your help, take care.....

John

Many of you have had great assignments, at least that's what it sounds like. I can not wait to start my assignments. I am still reading right now but hope to start the real stuff soon.

Christna

Wow Bradley:
    Oh happy days for you you are reaping the reward of your hard effort. Bradley this is so encouraging to me, I just sent my fingerprints,photo, and paperwork off today, and hope to be trailing your shoes in the next few months..... God Bless, and stay safe out there....Bernie

Quote Originally Posted by John Warde
    Hello all, I am new to the P.I. field, and looking for information on where to get started.
    I am in the Central Valley of California, and recently retired from a Police Department.
    I have over 16 + years of Investigative experience, but have no clue on where to go or who to see.
    Thanks in advance for your help, take care.....

John
    John...I cannot emphasize this enough to everyone who are new to these forums, i.e., MAKE SURE TO READ EACH AND EVERY FORUM CATAGORY, AND THREAD, AS POSSIBLE!
    I read the forums everyday and see questions asked that are already answered in other forums, if STUDIED!!! I know this answer to your question is not very directive as to where to go from here.....JUST READ AND STUDY EACH FORUM. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask. Good luck!

Congratulations and Good Luck

Is the exam hard?

New To Forums, Try This.

Hyunjin,
    No, the exam is very easy to understand, just read the manual and answer the questions. It is an open book exam, I received a 97% on it with no struggle.
    Try going to this forum and do some reading, it will help, just start at the top and work your way down. Just click on this link.
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6

Good Luck and Have fun reading.
    Brad W

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to give you an update, I am still doing my I P I U moderator training and it is going well, any extra time I have I do more and more. I also just was accepted with "Advance Field Services" as an independent contractor. They say they have quit a lot of work in my area, so I am eager to get going with them, should be this week.

My PI License should be in place soon and my agency will be overloaded with work, good thing. I also just completed a training program with an association and will be doing a great deal of Bail Enforcement in NY (in compliance with the law, assisting licensed agents) and in Pennsylvania, where the laws are more lenient.

So if anyone has some doubts, just direct them to this post, and I will set them straight. I did have Law enforcement in my background, but with time, training, and dedication, anyone can achieve their goals, and I. P. I. U (the members and associations) can help. This is a valuable resource and everyone help is needed to guide the new and up coming agents in this business.

Congratulations!

Brad - good for you! And thanks for the update. It is so gratifying to see members such as yourself who are closer and closer to your goals, and to imagine that one day soon I shall be there, too!

Not that I am in danger of becoming discouraged, because I am loving the entire process. It is helping my brain in a HUGE way to be learning and concentrating on an entirely new field (post-MVA concussive syndrome, ya know?) and being able to do it at my own speed is fabulous.

I'll look forward to your moderation as well! You won't have to find alot of hobbies to take up all that spare time, will you?!? Heh heh

Way to go, and here's to your continued success! [glug glug - drinking to that.]

/Jan

Bradley, keep up the great work .

Bradley,
    Reading your post is very inspiring!! Keep up the good work and good luck with your agency. My best friend, Valarie, and I are planning to open our own agency and I'll be VERY happy once we get to that point, however, it's a long road to go to get there but I'm looking forward to the journey!!

Take care,
    Melinda

Great Job Bradley!! I can't wait until I can join the "75" club!! Linda

Thanks to all the people that are congratulating me. It is a lot of work, but it does happen if you want it.
    I was just accepted by Advance Field Services and will be starting this or next week as an independent contractor doing risk assessment surveys. Sound like a good part time endeavor and will get me out to promote my other details of my work. I am planning to put on a trainee in the near future, to help with my agency promotion. So if all goes as planned I will be looking for some IPIU members to network even more with.
    Keep reading and posting and study all you can and you will be joining the club soon.

God Bless
    Brad

Brad,
    Looks like things are going well for you!! It's great you have plans. It means your looking forward and steadly moving towards your goals. I wish you the best.

Melinda

Thank you for your communications, info. and CONGRADS! I am just yet a rookie awaiting my manual, but "ready" to plug in and do my best to get things going. I only have one child 6 and prefer to work part-time for now; but would like to make it a full-time profession in the future if possible. Would love to join your club somehow. I am just glad I have the opp. at this point to even try this type of work.

Brad,
    I was wondering what type of Law Enforcement Background do you have?

Joe,
    I was a corrections officer and patrol officer for 4 years. I have 10 years or so of personal protection work (bodyguard, transportation, ect.) and security work (property protection) too. Currently to date, since I joined IPIU I have added several surveillance assignments and numerous skip tracing jobs I have done for a variety of people and agencies.

Brad,
    Thank you for the prompt reply.
    I recently decided to enter this field, I myself was in corrections, and also an Armed Executive Protection Officer/Bodyguard for the principal stock holder of Johnson & Johnson Baby Products I have over 25 years experience in alot of different areas, but believe it or not the basic ones like background checks that sort of thing is where I need experience. Thanks again, It is good to know I found the right source and the right people to have relations with.

Thumbs up Way to go

Brad; Congratulations I wish I live Back East (again)and have the opportunity to work with you. You are right about it happens if you want it, I feel if you have the desire, motivation and committment and you mix that together, most likely will have positive results don't you agree? anyway, congratulations to you again. Until the next time God Bless
    Thanks to all the people that are congratulating me. It is a lot of work, but it does happen if you want it.
    I was just accepted by Advance Field Services and will be starting this or next week as an independent contractor doing risk assessment surveys. Sound like a good part time endeavor and will get me out to promote my other details of my work. I am planning to put on a trainee in the near future, to help with my agency promotion. So if all goes as planned I will be looking for some IPIU members to network even more with.
    Keep reading and posting and study all you can and you will be joining the club soon.

God Bless
    Brad

Chad A. Nichols Guest
    Congrats on your 75 assignments Brad, I am now on my 1st with IPIU. But with years of experience under my belt I hope to have much much more. As far as the kids go, spend every chance you can with them even if it means waking them up at night. My three run me wild at times.

Chad
    Investigators3

Welcome to IPIU Chad
    This is a good place to learn and network for us folks with experience and a great place for those brand new to the field. By now I am over 100 assognments and my Agency is almost up and running. I am looking to put on one or two people.

Have Funn and God Bless
    Brad

Thumbs up Well Done Brad...you inspire me

Welcome to IPIU Chad
    This is a good place to learn and network for us folks with experience and a great place for those brand new to the field. By now I am over 100 assognments and my Agency is almost up and running. I am looking to put on one or two people.

Have Funn and God Bless
    Brad
    Hi Brad,
    I have read all your posts and you do so inspire me. I just found out by phone yesterday that I just passed my test. Am now awating the official email so I can start going on further. I'm so excited and cannot wait. As a single parent of a 13 year old I have such a desire to be successful and self sufficient and in reading all yor posts you have certainly shown me that this is possible.

Bless you for sharing and giving me hope. I do not have a law enforcement background, but have been involved in medical insurance collections and various aspects of collections for the last 15 years and have learn successfully how to investigate very well. I guess my English up bringing has taught me how to be that "bulldog" that leave's no stone unturned.

Congrats and well done on your achievements, and I will look to your posts for constant inspiration and potential to be successful.

Best wishes
    Hilary :-)

I am so happy to hear that you have 75 assignments. Exactly how long did it take from the time you first joined until yor first training or assignment?

Hi Again Chad,
    To answer your questions, I joined IPIU back in Aug. of 2004, It did not take me long to reach that, mainly because I refused to back down. I hit every avenue I could find within IPIU and outside IPIU. My background did help, and my salesman-like qualities helped the progression. Currently I am going through the procedure of getting my license in NY State. I am involved with many aspects of the PI industry, including Bail Enforcement to insurance risk assessment surveys. I Hope to be hiring people soon to help with my caseload, and to help expand a couple of areas of my agency.
    So keep in touch, what area of NY are you in ? Do not be specific, forum rules do'nt allow excate locations, it is for your safety.

A private investigator trainee can obtain a lot of mystery shopping experience even at level one by visiting volition.com and applying to as many companies as possible. These two pay good and they are affiliates: Bare Associates International and Video Eyes. I just received my test results yesterday, and I have already completed more than 20 assignments.

Matthew Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Jennings
    A private investigator trainee can obtain a lot of mystery shopping experience even at level one by visiting volition.com and applying to as many companies as possible. These two pay good and they are affiliates: Bare Associates International and Video Eyes. I just received my test results yesterday, and I have already completed more than 20 assignments.

Matthew Jennings
    Thanks Matthew for this information! I can sure use it! I should be done with my test this week also. It's comforting to hear positive information on employment in this area from another person in Michigan. Wish you much success and alot more work.

Lori Mantyla

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast