Thread: Thanks IPIU! Looking forward to a few dollars more than what I get in disability

Smile Thanks IPIU! Looking forward to a few dollars more than what I get in disability

Iv'e wanted to be a PI for a long time and thanks to you folks at IPIU I can acheive my goals.

I am now partially handicapped with a really messed up lower back and basically unemployable (according to those potential employers that I have spoken with). I am an Aircraft Mechanic by education, and I was a truck driver for almost 20 years. I'm now on disability and that basically means poverty level. I can read and write, I can use a computer, and I love a challenge. Crime doesn't pay, so I decided one day to do an internet search of PI schools and very thankfully I found IPIU.

I just received my ID and I paid my membership. I posted my intro, I did the Code of Ethics, (both internet and hard copy) and I am so ready to get started. I have to admit learning my way around the forums was a little tricky, but I am now a pro and I am so looking forward to getting my level 4 so I can access the good stuff and start making a few dollars more than what I get in disability.

I need to prove to everybody that I am hireable for my brain and my abilities even though I have a physical ailment.

Once again, thank you IPIU!

That is awesome Michael! I know what you mean about learning your way around the forums! I am lost about 70% of the time I am on here...but I am learning, and looking foward to moving ahead!!!

Michael
    Thanks for your post I'm like you I will retire from the Military in March 05 with some disability bad back and knee,Like you, i want to show people that i can work I just can't run IPIU has help me understand what we are trying to do, I just have some hard time getting around this forums lol.
    David

David:

Welcome, from a "Dallasite", to the forum I'm retired US Army - LONG TIME Ago -

Look forward to chatting with you ..

You might want to go to the Introduction Forum and give a brief synopsis of your background.

Wishing you and yours a Happy and Prosperous New Year

Cheers

JR

Leah Riley is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

2004 to 2008 Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Hi Michael...nice to meet you. I'm not disabled but I "feel your pain" about not being able to find a job. My status right now is somewhere between unemployed and self-employed. Hopefully, if I get enough work doing this and some other side interests/hobbies of mine, I can tell the unemployment office to take me off their list and that I am no longer looking for employment through them. My dream is to be "self-employed". I like my freedom and flexibility.

Like the rest of you, I hope that this PI gig will bring in some extra money. I am hoping to do this full-time someday, but I will settle for some small cases for now.

Happy New Year to all!

Hello,

Just some words of encouragement to Michael and David. Despite your disabilities if you believe that you can do something "YOU CAN DO IT" just keep on pushing on. Pick up the pieces and continue striving to reach your goals. Rest assured you will make those few extra dollars.

Katrina

David, I am in the same situation you were in getting out of the Army with a disability. I have had a hard time getting a good job offer from anywhere this is almost the best thing since sliced bread

From what I have been reading, PI work is indeed a great opportunity to make some extra $. The flexibility it offers in terms of being able to choose how many jobs you take is great. (Or will be once I get started.)

I've been reading and being in PI seems like it will be interesting.Keep up the good work!I'm just trying to find my way around.

Getting work is the trick

Thumbs up You Can Do It!

You can do it, Michael! It sounds like you're a determined person; and determination pays off! Keep it up; and good luck to you in all you do!

Raul Taibo is offline *
    Private Investigator Member:

We can tell!

You don't need to be a PI, or even close, to appreciate the difference between:

1. Those that appreciate an opportunity for what it is, such as an honest career change that rewards individual efforts (IPIU offers that opportunity).

2. Those that blame everyone else for their lack of common sense that got them to where they are (disgruntled, no work, and lots of time to gripe).

The Truth always prevails, isn't that grand!?!?!

How long did it take for you to recieve your id? It is good to be disabled but able!!!! Do not give up. This forum is tricky but there is alot of help in this PI family

Hey Michael, I'm a disable veteran (U.S. Army), and I still sometimes battle the pain from my injuries, but like you I can not give up, so Keep on trucking that your live be better once you start getting assignments. Take care think positive and move forward, Robert Santos.

Jerome O Isaac-- is offline Sr. Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum

2007 Honorary Ambassador of Good Will
    Greetings Michael, thanks for sharing your story with us, that was some positive feedback in the quote below.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Santos Gerena
    Hey Michael, you can not give up, so Keep on trucking that your live be better once you start getting assignments.
    Have a great day.
    JoI

Lynne Knight is offline Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forum

(Retired Moderator)
    Corporate Agency Member of:

Michael- you're an inspiration to us.

I needed a wake-up call today- and YOU are IT! Thank you for sharing that with us. A person need only read this topic and others in this part of the forums if they EVER need to become re-enchanted with IPIU and with LIFE! It happens to me EACH and EVERY time I sign in.
    Thank you, SINCERELY!

~ Lynne ~

John G - is offline Retired Forum Moderator

Private Investigators Forums
    Sponsored by the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Michael, I appreciate you sharing your story. I am a disabled service connected veteran myself, and I understand the challenges confronting persons like us who want to work, but have to do it on our terms. I wish you the best, and that you will continue to make a difference, for yourself and for others in our situation.

Johnny

Re: Thanks IPIU! Looking forward to a few dollars more than what I get in disability

Good luck and never let anyone tell you that you can not do it

Re: Thanks IPIU! Looking forward to a few dollars more than what I get in disability

Thak you for sharing, Michael. I M lao squealing by from ths SS Disability checks. I am looking to earn some real money soon. Good Luck to you.
    Jan C Dillard
    Badge #11510

Hey Michael,
    I am also receiving disability and looking forward to having something to fill my time. Are you familiar with Social Securities - Ticket to Work program. if so, do you have to use it to become employed at IPIU?
    Good Luck,
    Sgt. Nathan Whitlock
    USAR

SGT NATHAN WHITLOCK
    USAR

What Branch Of The Military Were You In. I Am In The Army Reserves And Am Very Curious About Ipiu.

SGT NATHAN WHITLOCK
    USAR

Sorry

That message was intentded to be directed toward the gentleman retiring from the military. i am still learning how to reply on here!
    NATE

Smile Re: Thanks IPIU! Looking forward to a few dollars more than what I get in disability

Nathan, are you referring to the 9 months that you can try and work full-time and if you aren't able, you can go back on disability benefits? You will not get disability benefits for the 9 months.

Tammy M King is offline **
    Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

I can certainly relate to your situation. Being considered "disabled" labels a person. I understand that personally. I also understand that once you start receiving disability you become dependent on others because you are on a poverty level. PI & Fugitive recovery is something that I have been interested in for a long while. So I am like you. Just because I am disabled, I can still do a lot of things. So I am fulfilling a dream. Which is why I have joined IPIU to help me to do that!