Thread: FBI Agent (Retired): "IPIU is a very professional and reputable organization."

George Walker is offline Licensed Private Investigator
    (Former FBI Agent)

Professional Management Members of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Newman
    I enjoyed reading another member's comment why he finds the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) one of the best associations, based on his professional opinion.

Read his comments:
    Originally Posted by John Hick
    I am not one of the underdogs who is jealous of the "bigshots." I am a former Fed who is also struggling to "break in." I want to go head-to head with the "bigshots," and show them that this much-maligned union, IPIU, (sorry - but that is the small consensus by some of the "established" PI's) can be just a wee-bit more potent than they. I am always willing to take the stand (250+ cases); are they also willing to do so?

Look, IPIU may bill you for every little thing. But can you start a business without any outside assistance, yourself? Although IPIU is not a welfare program - it is, rather, a self-assistance program. The union needs to pay their personnel, rent, bills, etc (it's called fixed-costs). Some people want it free? Then try creativeimpacts (com).

I, for one, like IPIU's approach. It makes good business sense. I get to pay in small, affordable increments. IPIU just doesn't place your regions into extreme competitive environments; it helps you combat those same extreme competitive environments. Trust 'em (IPIU), please.
    My point too, except I will add "All Good will be attacked". To think not, would be naive.

Why? Because my research shows that IPIU has only been around for the last decade or so, and that some associations and some "PI Schools" fear IPIU's Mission Statement. I feel their fear comes from losing their dollars to a better, more organized union that offers more benefits for less money. Does that make sense?

My research also shows that IPIU has some critics. Without any critics, IPIU would not have anything to offer to anyone! Anyone or any organization that offers so much Good should always have a few critics, don't you think?

As an American, I have millions of critics whenever I leave the country! But does that mean my country, as a whole, is not worthy to be a country for the 300 million of us? Then why should IPIU be any different as a worldwide organization.

If you are a union member of IPIU, or a non-union member who has a free forum membership here, then you would have had to agree to IPIU's Code of Ethics. Have you read your copy lately? Would you honor and defend your Code of Ethics? If not, then I doubt you would earn my respect as a citizen of your own country, whether America or otherwise. Why agree to support what you purport to believe in, if you would not defend it?

Have you read the Forum Rules you agreed to? Probably not, as I did not. All I know is that I agreed to them, but after reading them I found that I have never seen a stricter set of rules that govern the conduct of it's members anywhere I have been. Why? Because Greatness requires Great People to be Great. If you want an easy association or an easy PI School or an easy life, then go elsewhere. There are plenty out there for a cheap price of expectation of it's members. I see that the International Private Investigators Union requires greatness in respect to it's members, as well as it's members showing respect to all others, regardless of their beliefs.

I have explored the many forums and comments and features of this website for sometime, and I have seen massive improvements since I first came three years ago. IPIU keeps getting better every month! What other association or PI school can claim that?

And that is another point that the critics fear, namely that IPIU will ultimately reach a worldwide status that no one can touch!

Respectfully,

Michael

IPIU is a very professional and reputable organization.

Being a former FBI Agent, I can tell you that the Bureau is a civilian, government agency with alot of dead weight. A professional, no matter what agency he/she is from, acts accordingly and provides a service for the wages he/she are paid. FBI agents and all government law enforcement agencies get paid whether they accomplish anything from day to day, month to month, or year to year. P.I.'s are out of business if they do not perform and if their reputation is not a good one..........

Dr. George W. Walker, Sr.
    NM, AZ, CO,

P.I.; Criminal Justice Professor, University of Phoeniz; Former FBI Supervisory Special Agent; Former Marine Officer; President/CEO-Final Notice Investigative Services Group.

Quote Originally Posted by George Walker
    IPIU is a very professional and reputable organization. Being a former FBI Agent, I can tell you that the Bureau is a civilian, government agency with alot of dead weight. A professional, no matter what agency he/she is from, acts accordingly and provides a service for the wages he/she are paid. FBI agents and all government law enforcement agencies get paid whether they accomplish anything from day to day, month to month, or year to year. P.I.'s are out of business if they do not perform and if their reputation is not a good one..........Dr. George W. Walker, Sr., NM, AZ, CO, P.I.; Criminal Justice Professor, University of Phoeniz; Former FBI Supervisory Special Agent; Former Marine Officer; President/CEO-Final Notice Investigative Services Group.

George,

Thank you for your insight. I'm looking forward to gain knowledge and wisdon in time from you and other experienced IPIU members. There's no better place to learn from the best.

Happy Holidays!

Pat

Thumbs up

Michael, fellow IPIU Members,

Thank you for reinforcement. There will always be comptetitors who have no class. Criticism is not professional coming from like companies. It's a disservice to all.

George,

Thank you for your very qualified assessment. It's a great boost to me when I see those with such extensive experience, not just participating, but solidifying our membership trust. I did my own "investigating" before joining, but had a few reservations....until I spent a few days here.

Words of wisdom, indeed!

Lisa

Hello all, Wow what great words of wisdom you all have. I thought I might have made a mistake when I joined up for this because I was looking for a job not a school I am already in school for Criminal Justice I just need to go to work and make some money and when I joined I thought that is what this was but I have got to say that reading through the forums and reading what everyone writes about their experences with the real world of PI work and with IPIU I am really glad I joined and I am very excited to learn from each and everyone of you. Thank you all so much for being so kind and helpful. I hope all has a very HAPPY Holidays.....

Thanks again for the incouraging words..
    Tami

Smile Thank you, George

George,
    Thank you for the words of wisdom and encouragement.
    P.I. Trainee/Newbee, Timothy H. Maloney

Thumbs up Professional Organization

Hello to all!
    Thank for all the words of encouragement and wisdom that everyone shared. I really enjoyed reading your comments.

George, I agree that IPIU is very professional organization. I always do reserach on the reputation of an organization before I join and they have proven to be worthy.

Katrina

Exclamation IPIU reputation

I got upset when I came across the other day a mail order PI school where on their website they defamed IPIU. I became upset because I had already put in a lot of time in being processed with IPIU and reading the forums for more training in order to get myself prepared for this career.

I have not been an IPIU member long, but it's just not right that the other mail order school should get away with defaming IPIU.

Last summer I got turned down on a undercover operative assignment,with no experience in this field. But I had tons in the regular job of the assignment. This why came to IPIU to get experience and have great people behind you.

Since I been with IPIU, they have done everything they said would do!!! Still kind of shook up about that mail order school. KENNETH

Greg Moeller

Thanks George, I am just doing some reading.

Thumbs up Thanks George!

That was some excellent reading! I was not only encouraged by your post, but I just gained access to Level 4 and am absolutely amazed by the results I'm seeing!

I figure, if Lawyers, LEOs', other experienced PIs', FBI agents etc. have no complaints, then I feel very safe and in good hands! I definitely trust IPIU!

Thanks again, George!

Cloe

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Baskerville
    I got upset when I came across the other day a mail order PI school where on their website they defamed IPIU. I became upset because I had already put in a lot of time in being processed with IPIU and reading the forums for more training in order to get myself prepared for this career.

I have not been an IPIU member long, but it's just not right that the other mail order school should get away with defaming IPIU.

Last summer I got turned down on a undercover operative assignment,with no experience in this field. But I had tons in the regular job of the assignment. This why came to IPIU to get experience and have great people behind you.

Since I been with IPIU, they have done everything they said would do!!! Still kind of shook up about that mail order school. KENNETH
    Thank you, Kenneth, for your testimonial of the truth.

Please click on the following link and read the topic links that Donna Reagan suggests:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...993#post282993

I think reading and starting posts like this...affirms that we are all cautious, but open to new opportunities. Some risks are good, but when you hear comforting words from officials speaking with experience...it makes it more like a good decision instead of a risk.
    Thank you - Kim

Being a former FBI Agent, I can tell you that the Bureau is a civilian, government agency with alot of dead weight. A professional, no matter what agency he/she is from, acts accordingly and provides a service for the wages he/she are paid. FBI agents and all government law enforcement agencies get paid whether they accomplish anything from day to day, month to month, or year to year. P.I.'s are out of business if they do not perform and if their reputation is not a good one..........
    George,
    You have provided a wealth of wisdom. Thanks!

I believe professionalism is key to success in anything we do in life. I don't feel that all criticism from other like agencies is all that bad. It's like asking for a survey from a customer and being willing to hear their response, whatever it may be. If IPIU is all it claims to be, then in time, it will prove itself. There is always room to improve and IPIU has been quick to make improvements when needed.

I worked for a major corporation for 16 years, that provides world-wide business to most of you. We have very fierce competitors that are always challenging everything we do. The biggest problem my company has, is spending too much time worrying about the competitors. Always looking back to see the competition on our heals. Hear is the advise I had for them and I have to practice it myself; we will inevitably go where we are looking. So we must keep our eyes looking ahead and keep moving forward. The competition will have to get used to looking at our behind.

Respectfully,
    TJ Taylor

Dr. Walker, Sr.

I couldn't have said it any better myself. Appreciate your input. Semper Fi!

Shawn

It truely is a family the way everyone comes together and lets you know how there input on what they have found and experienced. Once again I am glad to a part of the outstanding IPIU family. Thank you for the words of encouragement.

Dale

Good input

Jerome O Isaac-- is offline Sr. Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum

2007 Honorary Ambassador of Good Will
    Greetings Everyone, this is wonderful news to hear, great site George.

I wonder if those rates thats outlined on his site are current, his own fees or is it more since the thread was posted, hmmm.

(Former FBI Agent)

Jerome, We post our service price listing and change them once every two years.........GWW

Jerome O Isaac-- is offline Sr. Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum

2007 Honorary Ambassador of Good Will
    Greetings George, thanks for the prompt response, I was a bit suprised when I first visited your site to find this in the center of the site.

A Woman - Owned, Minority Small Business

Even though it took a few minutes to piece it together after reading some.

I wish you all continued success.

Have a great day.

Thank you for your insight, Im a proud member of IPIU and would defend it always!!!!

Ms Minta Thomson is offline *** Certified SPI

Retired Moderator - Private Investigators Forum
    Professional Management Member of:

Thumbs up Thanx ..... :)

Great posting.........and can I just say WOW on Georges credentials!!!

I think I would just stand and stare upon meeting you George!

byw....I sent an email to your addy .....had a question thought you could give some insight to

Minta

Joyce Jameson - is offline Distinguished Member of:
    Private Investigators Forums

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    I am new here and I am also very impressed with the expertise of the people involved, I do not blindly jump but this just felt so right that I calmly walked in and I am glad I did! I have proven to myself over & over again that I can accomplish whatever I set my mind to and this is something that I intend on giving my all. Thank you all for the encouragment.

I love the gathering around in this forum regarding our reputation. The world is filled with people whose purpose in life seems to be to break down anything they can. Take a look at the Rip Off Report founders. In trying to destroy others they destroy themselves. That is why freedom is so important collectively and individually. Sure, if you show me someone who says "Yeah", I can show you someone who says "Nay".This is a truth of life!

RT

Pedro Ruiz is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

I.p.i.u. Has Help Me A Lot To Make My Dreams Come True As A Private Investigator. Thank You I.p.i.u.

This is my first posting and I have to say the commments I've read in the first five minutes from people all over the country has solidified my trust in I.P.I.U. already!!!!!

Joyce Jameson - is offline Distinguished Member of:
    Private Investigators Forums

Hi James,
    If you've enjoyed the 1st 5 minutes just wait, soon you'll look up at the clock and realize that hours have passed, I tend to get so engrossed in reading these postings that I forget to stop to eat, that's a great side benefit! The people you will meet on here have alot of knowledge and they freely share it, ENJOY!

Dr. George W. Walker, Sr.
    NM, AZ, CO,

P.I.; Criminal Justice Professor, University of Phoeniz; Former FBI Supervisory Special Agent; Former Marine Officer; President/CEO-Final Notice Investigative Services Group.
    George, you are right. A nation, country, city etc. is only as good as the intrgrity of it's people. There has to be rules and a great code of ethics in order for an organization to be great. It is important to be an honorable warrier in any profession that you choose. If you don't, than thangs come back and bite you. An organization is only as good as the integrity of it's people. To be truely professional, you have to have integrity and honesty and a willingness to excel. We have to offer the best product that we are capable of. These things make us professional. Thanks for your comments.

John

George
    Thank you for your insight. I am looking forward to gain knowledge and wisdom from you and other experienced IPIU members.
    Jackie

Hey George -
    Amen to everything you said!!! It's good to hear the truth from a former FBI agent.
    Thanks again,

Mellonie

Re: FBI Agent (Retired): "IPIU is a very professional and reputable organization."

George,
    Thank you for your words of wisdom, and putting things in perspective. I would defend my country and am proud of it as I am also proud of being a member of IPIU and would also defend it. Although I have recently joined, my decision was not made in haste, and now that I made it I will stand by it.

(Former FBI Agent)

Re: FBI Agent (Retired): "IPIU is a very professional and reputable organization."

Minta Thompson,

I hope you are still a member and that we got back to you when you sent us an email to our site. If we did not get back to you we apologize because we get over one thousand emails a day. Dr. Walker

(Former FBI Agent)

Ms. Curry, It is good that you took the time to check IPIU out before joining. Like any organization, the IPIU might have one or more lackluster employees. What any good FBI Agent will tell you is that, the worst thing about the Bureau are the people and the best thing about the people are the people. The IPIU like any other elite organization must keep their standards high, recruit only the best people and to retain those quality people. Good luck in your training and all other endeavors........ Dr. Walker

Nicely stated Dr. Walker!!!!!!!

Charles Blount - is offline Licensed Private Investigator
    Private Investigator Forum Member

Union Member of International Private Investigators Union

Subsequent to reading these previous statements about IPIU. I must say that this is true when your in the lime-life doing what you know best in the field that your in. There are always going to be some sort of obstacle in the way. I've had a somewhat simular situation happen to me but I was determine to follow my gut reaction and stick with what I thought was right; and I am glad. Note: where there is a positive, there is a negative. The International private investigators union is the positive state. Anything or anyone oppose to that, well...(a very professional and reputable organization it is.

Talking Re: FBI Agent (Retired): "IPIU is a very professional and reputable organization."

These are wonderful testimonials which are incrediby inspiring. I have just earned my Bachelor of Science in the field of Criminal Justice and I couldn't think of a more appropiate place to use my education. I hope that every person has the success that they are so diligently awaiting.

Vanessa

Congradulations on receiving your degree. I have 60 credit hours in the field of criminal justice and approx. 60 more to go. Hopefully, in 2009 I will have minds.

Wink Re: FBI Agent (Retired): "IPIU is a very professional and reputable organization."

Thank you Charles, keep at it you'll be there in no time. Although I am exhausted from the time spent in school, it is an added benefit that I know will pay off in the long run, so remember that when you are reading all of those chapters and studying for exams. Good Luck!

Thanks vanessa, I will remember that. It is a pleasure to know when you are supported.

Talking Re: FBI Agent (Retired): "IPIU is a very professional and reputable organization."

No problem Charles, I love seeing people grow.

Mark Harvey is offline Licensed Private Investigator

Member of the International Private Investigatrors Union (IPIU)

Thanks George,