Thread: Certification of Your Training & Experience.

Certification of Your Training & Experience:

IPIU certifies private investigator training and on-the-job experience as a third-party for the following:

A) As a statement to be be added to any licensing board aplication (for an IPIU Member in Good Standing) who is seeking a government license as a private investigator, and needs a 3rd party document of his/her training (both academic and on-the-job experience);

B) As a statement to ne added to any agency or firm application (for an IPIU Member in Good Standing) who is seeking employment or assignments as a private investigator, and a 3rd party document of his/her training (both academic and on-the-job experience).

In addition, the Department of Education of IPIU can also provide a certified transcript of any IPIU course of study, include the final scores.

Fees for the above are:

Management Members: Free
    Preferred Members: $10 for all documents mailed.

Membership details and upgrades are here:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...&threadid=6542

UPDATED 1-1-2003

David Copeland is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Sponsored by:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald L Jones
    Who do I need to contact for the certification? I am in the process of getting my license in the state of Ohio and can use combination of experience, education, training. All information would be helpful.

Thanks
    Donald Jones
    1) Review your state license application and predetermine if you absolutely meet their requirements to obtain a state license.

2) If so, then make two (2) photocopies of the state license application before you begin to fill it out.

3) After you have a clean copies, begin to "practice fill in" one of the spare applications.

4) Mail a complete spare application to Agent Relations, and request any third-party certification that is required to be attached to the application.

5) Allow 3-4 weeks for processing.
    David Copeland
    Administrator
    Private Investigators Forums

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    Official BBB Accreditation Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 32nd Year Serving 48,373 Members

CONTACT LINK HERE TO JOIN IPIU

Edward Taguba is offline Certified Distinguished Member

Professional Member of:

Talking

Originally posted by David C McKinney
    Noticed your msg. I'm needing information about Texas certification. Did you find out anything usefull.
    I'M newly registered and have lots of questions. Seems like a good place to start
    Aloha David,

Aloha and Welcome to IPIU. Please follow the following link below for a start

Newcomers please Click Here: Do This First!

Most of your questions has been answered if you have any. 99% of the questions has been answered on this forum. All you need to do is search for these questions. As a PI you will be doing a lot of your own researches and findings. So the above link will be a start

Good luck

Aloha,

Edward Taguba, MBA, Ph.D.

Professional Global Technology Consultant
    http://www.edtaguba.com
    www.ipiu.org | www.privateinvestigators.cc

Thumbs up Thanks for Information!!!!!

Even though I am not at this stage yet, this was an interesting topic to read. I have printed this out and will use for future use.

Thanks to everyone who put their 2 cents in

Darcie

certification

This is Ms. Carrie.
    Hi!!!
    O. K. So I might be second guessing myself on trying to figure this certification situation out.
    Question?
    To have 'certification' included by your name you must post your earnings in the specified forum.
    Correct?
    In this forum receiving this certification sounds different. This includes getting your state license. Wisconsin says, 'No experience' 'Must pass exam.'
    Question?
    Is this what I need to do? Plus send in a copy of the applications sent from the DRL to Agent Relations?

I am hoping this will enhance my opportunites of getting experience.

Thanks,

Ms. Carrie
    Last edited by Carrie Drall; 03-06-2004 at 06:58 PM.

James R Oxley II is offline Certified Private Investigator
    State of Maryland

Union Member of the International Private Investigators Union

How can I get started in the business

I live in the Prince Georg's County area, and I would like to know what is my first step to getting sarted in the business?

Me too, Donald! Let me know what you find out!

James Bone Guest

Certificates of Training or OJT

Am I correct in assuming that IPIU will give you Certificates of Training and OJT, as long as you are in good standing with IPIU and follow the instructions given by MR. Copeland?

good question.I had that one myself.

Angie Falzon

How do you get started in the business if you dont have any experience? Do companies train you first and then you get a license if applicable?

?? Angie

Question on Prior Experience?

Dose IPIU recognize prior education and training as a precursor for moving on from Level One, or is the completion of the training manual am requirement?

Quote Originally Posted by James Bone
    Am I correct in assuming that IPIU will give you Certificates of Training and OJT, as long as you are in good standing with IPIU and follow the instructions given by MR. Copeland?
    Mr. Copeland was answering a specific question to a member who asked about their licensing application.

IPIU will provide what is detailed in the first comment posted by Ms. Ford

[QUOTE=Carrie Drall]This is Ms. Carrie.
    To have 'certification' included by your name you must post your earnings in the specified forum.
    Correct?/QUOTE]No. I believe you are speaking about the titled CERTIFIED in various User Titles and Signatures. There are many certifications and they are approved individually by emailing education@ipiu.org
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie Drall
    Wisconsin says, 'No experience' 'Must pass exam.'
    Please refer to the other designated topic for WISCONSIN in the Licensing Forum for PI's. You do not need a PI License to practice investigations within the posted exemptions in that topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie Drall
    Is this what I need to do? Plus send in a copy of the applications sent from the DRL to Agent Relations?
    We offer free support for Level 4 union members in the private forum titled OBTAINING YOUR AGENCY LICENSE.

Quote Originally Posted by George Vandewater
    Dose IPIU recognize prior education and training as a precursor for moving on from Level One, or is the completion of the training manual am requirement?
    Please ask this question by posting it in your Introduction Topic where the trainers can better direct your inquiry to the existing titled topics that answer your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Angie Falzon
    How do you get started in the business if you dont have any experience? Do companies train you first and then you get a license if applicable?

?? Angie
    Please ask this question by posting it in your Introduction Topic where the trainers can better direct your inquiry to the existing titled topics that answer your question.

Quote Originally Posted by James R Oxley II
    I live in the Prince Georg's County area, and I would like to know what is my first step to getting sarted in the business?

Good Evening
    Does anyone out there have any idea what the licensing requirements are in Tennessee? I know once you have your license, you are required to take a (I think) 4 hour refresher course every year. If anyone has any idea where to find out this necessary information, I sure would appericiate it. I am kinda chompping at the bit to get started. Thank you in advance for your help.

Thank You!

Cynthia, this clears up a great deal for me. I appreciate this information and look forward to proceeding with IPIU and getting the necessary experience I need. Thanks!

Steven D Mahan - is offline *** Certified SPI
    Sr. Member: Private Investigators Forum

Professional Management Member of:
    David That Is Good Advice ,making Two Copies And Having A Practice Fillin.

I need help!!!!!!

Hi

I have so many questions:

1. I have ID and my badgets has private ingestigator under that it has a case examiner. What does that mean? Because and officer ask me am I a PI or just someone goes around playing PI.

2. With this membership and belonging to your firm on servarl time officer ask me in the pass who do I work for I did not know how to respond can you help me.
    Last edited by Edward Taguba; 11-15-2005 at 11:40 AM.

Edward Taguba is offline Certified Distinguished Member

Professional Member of:
    Karen Rice,

Click Here - http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...274#post166274

Aloha,
    Ed