Thread: Homicide Victim's Family needs help

Homicide Victim's Family needs help

Where do I go on the forums to get help on what kind of advice to give to a homicide victim's family? The case is 3 years old and the family of the victim (shot twice exicution style) wants to persue all avenues to a successful conclusion. They have exhausted the family funds and no longer have the money necessary to pay for professional help and want advice on how they can keep the investigation going.

Advice on how to help homicide Victim's family

Hi Ed, I would suggest to the family, that they contact the Department of Justice Victim Services Dept. Hopefully they have one nearby. They can give advice about financial situations, and counseling services they can suggest different places for people. They help with that, on your ability to pay, and most states have legal services on sliding scales, and may know of investigators that work on pro bono cases. However if the case is still an open case, my advice is to let the investigating agency, that has been working on it continue, and ask them if they should even check in to outside help at this time. Brenda Stevens WI PI

Good advise

Ed, Brenda has given you some very good advice based on the lack of intel about the situation that this family could follow. The state city or town these people live in also could have funds for crime victims. To recieve those funds they would have to fill out forms. Have they done this already? Hope this helps Ed....Chey Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Brantley
    Where do I go on the forums to get help on what kind of advice to give to a homicide victim's family? The case is 3 years old and the family of the victim (shot twice exicution style) wants to persue all avenues to a successful conclusion. They have exhausted the family funds and no longer have the money necessary to pay for professional help and want advice on how they can keep the investigation going.
    Have the family email aid@ipiu.org

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    Have the family email aid@ipiu.org
    Admin,
    Can you tell us more about aid@ipiu.org ?

Thanks,
    Patti