Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 58 Yr Old Female Private Investigator Joins Success Ranks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Cheyenne Wolf
    How sweet and adorable are you with the James Bond comments. I am female and frankly haven't had a great look at my small feet since i was 14 looking straight down. I wonder what gets in the way? No James Bond on my end. Curious if any other women want to be James Bond? How adorable is this guy? AWWWW SWEET If I need James Bond I' ll call you for backup. If thats ok
    Be my guest!
    Seriously, Cheyenne, I've been reading the forums every chance I get (and responding when available), and I'm amazed at some of the questions posted here I've answered requests for the "best night vision sniper scope" and "radiation protective equipment" etc. If I have information, I'll respond to the best of my ability, hoping that the question is just posted out of curiosity. Unfortunately, it seems many people are still enthralled with the TV private eye, and don't realize the basic work that goes into being a "real" investigator.
    I have to say I love your attitude, though, and hope to run into you on the forums Have a great day, and good luck with your career!

Talking

What great encouragement you have given me. Thank you! As a middle-aged woman starting a new career this was welcome reading. I look forward to getting started ASAP.

Thumbs up Thank you, Robert!

Thanks for the story - it helped and encouraged me as I begin my new career in this incredible field.

I am so excited to get going in this previously male dominated field...move over Magnum PI - the women are invading the profession!

Thanks again!

Cheryl Ritchie
    PI in Training

Thumbs up To Frederick

Frederick Budde, thank you kindly for your response. I am hoping to run into you in the forums as well. Your answers let me know without a doubt your one special guy. Smart and a sense of humor. If I ever needed a Bond type I think I would call on you. You are correct. It is hard for some to understand what it is really like having to get up early in the morning and sit around by someones house for hours just waiting to catch him leaving for work with his girlfriend for a divorce case and get the pictures can be a bit of a snooooozer. Only way to stay awake for me back then was lots of Hazelnut Coffeeeeeeee. See you in the forums

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Cheyenne Wolf
    Frederick Budde, thank you kindly for your response. I am hoping to run into you in the forums as well. Your answers let me know without a doubt your one special guy. Smart and a sense of humor. If I ever needed a Bond type I think I would call on you. You are correct. It is hard for some to understand what it is really like having to get up early in the morning and sit around by someones house for hours just waiting to catch him leaving for work with his girlfriend for a divorce case and get the pictures can be a bit of a snooooozer. Only way to stay awake for me back then was lots of Hazelnut Coffeeeeeeee. See you in the forums
    Cheyenne;
    I knew you were special, and was convinced when I saw that you are also a fan of flavored coffee

I enjoyed reading her story and it gives me the confidence to push forward, thank you.

I don't think it's ever too late to start anything! I got my A.A.S. in Paralegal Studies last year at 42 years old and I'm currently working on my Bachelor's in Paralegal Studies. I work full-time for the federal government and I'm also looking into P.I. work. I think that if you want something badly enough and have faith in yourself and the perserverance to see it through, you'll make it.

Thumbs up Women Investigators

Robert, Great job. We need more inspiring articles like that one. Finding great role models is challenging. You provided us with three in one article. Good Job. I look forward to seeing more articles about successful women investigators

kim riccio

Impowering article

Awesome article. I found this to be very impowering. I also read that there was about only 8% of Women with this job field. Im hoping that with more articles like this will inspire women of any age range will pick this job field. I can honestly say that I picked the right job for me. Thanks a bunch for the article Robert.

I really enjoyed reading this story, and feel great that I am A women

These stories just go to show that no matter what your age or sex, if you want to do something, you put your mind to it, and you reach for the stars. These stories are really good for us trainees trying to break in the business. I can tell you that these are so uplifting and inspiring to me. They keep me striving more more and more every time I read them. Thanks so much for posting these stories. Keep it up. Have a nice weekend

Unhappy

Hello Forum Members,

As we continue to strive to become Private Investigators, It is a good thing to know that, others have put forth examples that we can follow. We have so much to learn and we can learn alot from leaders. In this field one learns something new everyday, you apply that technique to your knowledge, and you go out and be the best you can be and inspire others to follow their dream and at the same time to do something about it. Make it happen. And you will.

Have a great evening.

Hey!

They say that 50's are the new 40's... If that's the case, I'm all of: 15 (Not!) Hee, hee!

Thank you Robert for this inspiring article. There is hope for the baby boomers after all.
    Cheryl Bliton
    Badge 10788

Everything always happens for a Reason

Thanks for the great story! It was very inspiring! It is good to know that women are not hindered by the glass ceiling in this profession.

Thanks for sharing this amazing story! I now know I'm not too old and I am more inspired than ever to become a Private Investigator!
    Cheryl

Wonderful article! I really enjoy reading about people who have made their dreams come true and are showing the rest of us that it can be done. Thanks for sharing this inspiring information!

Joy Gambrell - is offline Certified SPI
    Private Investigator Forum Member

Professional Management Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    I found that article to be very inspirational. I'm a new comer. I appreciate your stories and your struggles and it gives me hope. Keep up the good work! good luck to all!

Stormy Renner - is offline *** Certified

Licensed Private Investigator
    Sr. Member - Private Investigators Forum
    This is a wonderful story and truely gives hope and inspiration to us women who are starting out in this field. Dorothy is quite a great person and many thanks to her for helping to pave the way for us just starting out. God Bless
    Stormy Dawn Renner
    Private Investigator
    License # 200621001131

Dan MacPhee is offline * Certified

Professional Management Member of:
    Great article! Very inspirational, especially to us newbies!!!

Thumbs up Great article! Lots of encouragement!

I just wanted to say "Thanks so much for sharing that article!" I was starting to doubt my abilities for doing this type of work. I realize now that there is hope for all of us! Even those "Baby Boomers" like me who would probably pass out if I had to run a mile, or jump over fences. With technology as it is today, there is so much we can do.
    Thanks for all the encouragement!

By the way... I just got my ID today! I am totally jazzed!

Putting one foot in front of the other...
    Anne

Judith Allen - is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Thumbs up

Robert,
    This was a very encouraging story. I am originally from Phila. and have lived in the Delaware area. This story was very close to home! I feel confident that the female PI does have a place in this field.

Thanks for a great story!

Judy

Michael Harris is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Distinguished Insignio Colleague of:
    Quote Originally Posted by Judith Allen
    Robert,
    This was a very encouraging story. I am originally from Phila. and have lived in the Delaware area. This story was very close to home! I feel confident that the female PI does have a place in this field. ...
    Judith,

The PI business is one place where men and women have equal access. Men may do better in some specialties and women in others, but I suspect that it balances out.

The first live PI I met was a woman. Our daughters were is community theater together. The PI did insurance investigations - cameras from a car. She said that it was dull and boring, but it was a stepping stone to the county prosecutor's office - she made it the next year.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

Re: 58 Yr Old Female Private Investigator Joins Success Ranks

Thank you for posting this as it really helps to guide me in seeing that I can do this. It is definitely the encouragement that I could use right now as I go into a career for PI work.

Thank you!

Re: Great article! Lots of encouragement!

Quote Originally Posted by Anne McNeilley
    By the way... I just got my ID today! I am totally jazzed!
    Putting one foot in front of the other...
    Anne,

You have the right attitude.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

Donna Coleman-- is offline *
    Distinguished Member:

2004 - 2008 Member of:

Very interesting and since I am ----years old that was a great article. I had always wondered what was the average age of a female PI.

Quote Originally Posted by Donna Coleman
    Very interesting and since I am ----years old that was a great article. ...
    Donna,

If you have four dashes in your age, that means that you must be at least 1,000 years old. Or did I read that wrong?

I am still not quite 100.

Distinguished Member:

2004 - 2008 Member of:

forty something

Donna,

Four dashes for forty-something. I did read it wrong.

At my age, you are still very young.

Distinguished Member:

2004 - 2008 Member of:

well sometimes putting out your correct age when it comes to certain things may and often does lead to discrimination in the workplace which is illegal, but it happens. It was great to read about one of our own doing so well and going strong at her age.

Donna,

Only those between 40 and 70 are protected by age discrimination laws.

Distinguished Member:

2004 - 2008 Member of:

Thank you

To All:

I know that we sometimes joke about the things we read here in the IPIU forums, but this story really inspires.

I have read about women in their 60s and 70s doing PI work, but they do the skip tracing and missing persons work from tiny offices. Getting out and doing surveillance after 40 is tough on the gluteus maximus, not to mention the bladder.

Besides, a woman at 58 is just approaching her prime.

Distinguished Member:

2004 - 2008 Member of:

I thought that was inspiring also. but I think prime is reached at 40 and at 58 if you can still hang out and do surveillance more power to you

Donna,

Maybe you are right - 40 is closer to a woman's prime.

thanks its inspiring for old fogeys like myself to read this, at 48 starting a new career after spending the last 26 bringing up kids 7 being just a housewife who volenteered her time, to being a full time PI with 2 yrs under my belt now. i wish the best for all the folks here specially the ladies like yself in a field that for many years was mainly a mans field. look out guys,,,, we are growing in numbers!!!! (snicker)

Goldie, et al,

I have mentioned this before in other threads in the IPIU forums, but not here.

The very first PI I ever met was the mother of one of the other performers in community theater. Since her daughter was about 8-years old, I would have placed her at no less than 30. I suspected that she was closer to 40 - just a bit younger than I was at the time.

This woman (with at least two children) was doing insurance fraud surveillance - sitting in cars with multiple cameras for endless hours. She did this work while waiting for an opening for an investigator in the county prosecutor's office.

Even at 40 (a woman's prime), this is not an easy job. If you drink coffee and Cokes, you have to pee a lot. If you cut back on the fluids, you get sick. See other threads for other details on the difficulties of stake-out work.

Tracy Laabs - is offline ***

Union Member of IPIU

Thumbs up Re: 58 Yr Old Female Private Investigator Joins Success Ranks

What a wonderful post! This is a truly inspiring article.
    As we all know, age is just a number to some. I am middle aged and have been "going for it" for some time.
    It's really nice to see the presence of women in various different careers.

Deborah Davis is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

2004 - 2008 Member of:

It is just nice to know that this career has no age limit. It is up to the individual how far they want to take their career and in what direction is best suited for them.

As for me, I rather agree with the former Mary Kay that if a woman will tell her age she will tell anything ... so mum is the word from this end!

deb i am not afrais to tell my age, i am 48, but i do not tell all.... i keep a lot to myself, age is a number.... some days i feel like a teen others like an old lady, most days somewhere in between.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast