Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I received my ID Card!

I received my ID Card!

I just received my ID card was very excited , Can't wait to send out the rest and get my training manual and test! This is very exciting and I am looking forward to starting this new career.!

Hi Tracy
    I am very glad to here that you received your card. I am still new at this PI stuff and was wondering if you could tell me what you had to do to get your card. I have not received anything in the mail yet and don't really know what all the steps are yet.

Lia Myhre

Hello Lia, You have to send in your photo ID's and fingerprints in and they send it all back to you . You have to start actually by sending in your first paper work to get the photo id and fingerprints.

Me too

I also have recived my credentials, and have to send in the Code Of Ehtics agreement, it's cool to know that we are getting one step closer to our goals.

Kathie Evans is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

I am so glad you all have received your crendentials!
    Good Luck on your adventure!
    See you in level 4!
    Kathie

Lia, I was in the same situation as you for some time, just waiting and wondering when anything was going to show up in the mail, but it finally does come, I promise you. The first thing you get is your CW&R paperwork, just fill it out, and send it back in. I am at that point right now, and am awaiting further paperwork. this is so exciting. good luck.

I just received my Photo ID Credentials and test today . Photo ID turned out great.
    Now all I have to do is take the test and pass it.

I sent in a new photo to renew my ID. This was sent to you last week. When will I receive my business cards?

I am excited and look forward to getting them.

Edward Taguba is offline Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forums

Professional Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leslie Stubbs-Hanks
    I sent in a new photo to renew my ID. This was sent to you last week. When will I receive my business cards?

I am excited and look forward to getting them.
    Please ask this question by posting it in your Introduction Topic where the trainers can better direct your inquiry to the existing titled topics that answer your question. Thank you for your support

Aloha,
    Ed

Ed,
    Thank you for the directions.

Leslie

Quote Originally Posted by Lia Myhre
    Hi Tracy
    I am very glad to here that you received your card. I am still new at this PI stuff and was wondering if you could tell me what you had to do to get your card. I have not received anything in the mail yet and don't really know what all the steps are yet.

Lia Myhre
    You have to register at the IPIU store on the main website. When you register, it costs $79 for normail mailing and about $95 for express mail. This is the cost of your background checks. The IPIU will notify/call you, then send you paperwork and instructions. Once you fill out all of your paperwork, just send it back and wait for your ID card.

How would I give them my fingerprints

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Perez
    Hello Lia, You have to send in your photo ID's and fingerprints in and they send it all back to you . You have to start actually by sending in your first paper work to get the photo id and fingerprints.

How will I send my fingerprints would theysend me a ink mark or what?

The will send you a paper made for your prints and you then have to have them taken by a law enforcement officer (police, sherriff, border patrol, etc...). I got mine taken with the sherriff for $6 fee.

Photo ID

Congratulations Tracy! I am anxiously awaiting my photo ID card. Thus far, it's been a very exciting experience. I am ready to learn as much as possible in hopes of becoming an expert in the field of private investigations.

Best wishes to All!

Congratulations Tracy,
    I am awaiting my new ID. My old ID expired 10/31/04. I shoud receive the new one in a few days.
    Leslie

I'm glad everyone received they're id I lost mines and I have to replace it. Anyhow I'm applying for agencies because I passed my exam it's pretty easy. Except the last part is kind of tricky. Good luck to all keep on reading the forums. i didn't do that in the beginning of my membership now I'm starting to.

Training Manual/Test

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Perez
    I just received my ID card was very excited , Can't wait to send out the rest and get my training manual and test! This is very exciting and I am looking forward to starting this new career.!
    I received my training manual and test! You will also receive a certificate that is professionally printed with your name and IPIU logo (you must frame and display with other accolades). After perusing the site and posting threads, I will finish my test and mail today or tomorrow morning. It is a three-part test and there is no reason for not obtaining a perfect score. The manual is eay to read and is provided in a professional binder that you can take with you anywhere to study/review.

The manual also includes valuable resources that can be obtained at IPIU Bookstore. I was just excited when I received my ID card (which arrived on my B-Day). This is an exciting opportunity for us. Keep up the motivation.
    Kimberly

Fingerprints

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Villalta
    How will I send my fingerprints would theysend me a ink mark or what?

Greetings Juan:

If you have not already received the official fingerprinting card from IPIU, you can then obtain from your local police/sheriff office. Remember, the fingerprints must be completed by, or at a police/sheriff office. Also provide your receipt if given for fingerprint services with your application documents. The receipt will include the police name, address, etc.

Local agencies like photo processing, passports are not authorized for completing fingerprints. The costs range from about $15 or more, depending on your area/location. Good luck Juan!

Kimberly

Encouragement

Quote Originally Posted by Chanda Day
    I'm glad everyone received they're id I lost mines and I have to replace it. Anyhow I'm applying for agencies because I passed my exam it's pretty easy. Except the last part is kind of tricky. Good luck to all keep on reading the forums. i didn't do that in the beginning of my membership now I'm starting to.

Thanks for the encouragement and keeping abreast of the website and threads. I will make an effort to visit at least bi-weekly.

Training

I am sure glad I found this information regarding the training manual.

I am just waiting for it to come. I can't wait. I feel you
    just keep getting a little closer and closer and becomes more
    exciting as you go.

I just finished taking my test that I will put in the mail box tomorrow and wait for the results. I have to agree that the last part is a bit tricky, but overall if you read the manual you should be fine. I cannot wait to get my results. To all of you out there, good luck.

Tracy,
    I just recently received my photo ID as well, it is pretty exciting. Good luck with your test.
    Steve

I received my ID a couple of days ago. Picture looks a lot better than the first. Now I am waiting for my business cards.

Soon we will have everything we need and just get all the knowledge and background. so we can get out there and make some money.
    Leslie STUBBS-Hanks

Boy this thread is sure encouraging!! I anxiously check my mailbox every day for the yellow packet! I am excited! Congrats to you all that have received credentials, etc. I can't wait!!

Thumbs up Photo ID and Credentials

Recieved my photo Id the other day; waiting on training manual and test.Reading forums everyday which is part of the training.Still motivated-excited,can't wait to get to level 4.Happy Holidays everyone!!!

Smile Received Photo ID

Hello to all!
    I also received my photo ID a few days ago and now waiting patiently on the training manuels and the test to arrive.

Since the Christmas holidays is approaching it may be a delay in the timely manner in which I have been receiving information to start the next step. However, I am excited to get started with the test and start working.

Well we are closer to Level 4. Hope everyone have a happy holiday and prosperous New Year.

Katrina

Hello,
    Just want to wish everyone good luck on taking the test. We will be at level 4 before long and hopfully fulfilling our goals in this exciting career field. Once again, good luck and happy holidays.

Katrina

Hmmmm, does the photo ID come first...then the training manual and test?? Or vice versa? I have heard different things about "when" you get what. Or is there even a "set" order in which IPIU sends these?? Thanks all!!

Hi Charlotte,

The Photo ID comes first. The training manuals and taking the test is the last step in the process.

I hope that helped!

Katrina

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte Brooks
    Hmmmm, does the photo ID come first...then the training manual and test?? Or vice versa? I have heard different things about "when" you get what. Or is there even a "set" order in which IPIU sends these?? Thanks all!!

Charlotte,

I received my training manual and test several days ago. I just started a new job to cover expenses until my PI career gets going, so I have to wait until I get my schedule so I can fill out my PI schedule and send it in with my test. I just received my photo ID yesterday, so they can come in either order.

Good luck in your new career!

Bob

James Hamilton - is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

2005 - 2015 Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPiU)
    I passed test with a overall 90%,but no id.lol. Even been hired by Real Estate Investment Company.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hamilton
    I passed test with a overall 90%,but no id.lol. Even been hired by Real Estate Investment Company.
    James,

Congrats on te test score & the new job!

Bob

James Hamilton - is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

2005 - 2015 Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPiU)
    Thanks Robert,and good luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hamilton
    Thanks Robert,and good luck to you.
    Thanks!

Bob

Thumbs up Congratulations

Way to go, James!

ID cards

How do you get your picture taken for your ID? Do you have to go somewhere to have someone official take it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Williams
    How do you get your picture taken for your ID? Do you have to go somewhere to have someone official take it?
    Yes, you can go to Walgreens to get a set of passport pictures taken for a small fee, or you can get 2 small, color photos a different way. (digital camera, etc.) From what I understand, you can send the pictures to IPIU, and they can size them to fit on your ID. (assuming the pictures are already small) Hope I have helped some!

If you have your photos taken in "passport" size, that will work - they are then trimmed down (at least mine were) to fit your ID card

Bob

I received my training manual in November. I had hoped to get my test done ASAP, but I had to get ready to host 9 people for a week at my house for Christmas while working 40-48 hours. (I never got any extra time off for Christmas either!!) So I'm sure some of you have better oh-poor-me I-dont-have-time stories!!

BUT....I MAILED IN MY TEST TODAY!!!!! YEEAAHHH!!! I cant wait for the results and the next step ...what is the next step???
    Good luck you guys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Angie Falzon
    I received my training manual in November. I had hoped to get my test done ASAP, but I had to get ready to host 9 people for a week at my house for Christmas while working 40-48 hours. (I never got any extra time off for Christmas either!!) So I'm sure some of you have better oh-poor-me I-dont-have-time stories!!

BUT....I MAILED IN MY TEST TODAY!!!!! YEEAAHHH!!! I cant wait for the results and the next step ...what is the next step???
    Good luck you guys!!!
    Angie,

Congrats on finishing the test! Hope you get a high score!

Bob

41. Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast