Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Want to provide your Email/Website to other PI's?

Arrow

Want to provide your Website
    and an Approved Email to other PI's?

Your approval qualifies you for a free pi-agency.us email
    address. Sample: your.name@pi-agency.us,
    where an email will be sent to you when a potential
    client seeks to hire you.

1)
    To Apply for a pi-agency.us email address:
    Free to Union Members

(Union Members are those who are current in their union dues)

Click here:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/sendmessage.php

2)
    To Apply for Approval
    to Advertise your web site here:

If a union member wishes to promote their personal or business website and their free approved pi-agency.us email address, then all that is needed is their agreement to "Link Exchange" their web site with IPIU's web site along with placing our image banner on their home page.

OPTION 1:
    Simply install the following coded image and text file on your Home Page of your web site:

Installation Note:
    If you need to "see" the above html image and text code:
    1. Open your windows Notepad on your computer
    2. Click on the Quote Button of this topic
    3. Copy the portion of the Quote of the code Starting with < DIV and Ending with DIV >
    4. Paste it in Notepad and save
    5. Install the saved code on your Home Page of your web site.

OPTION 2:
    If you wish IPIU tech support to do this for you free,
    then click here: http://www.ipiu.org/forums/sendmessage.php

After our image code has been installed verified on your home page, we will request verification of the compliances so that your home page can be included in your PI Forum Signature. Our link and your link will generate more web traffic to help promote your web site as well as IPIU's web site. This is known as an agreement to link exchange.

OTHER BENEFITS OF USING OUR IMAGE LINK:

The mission of our Link Exchange includes the following:

1. To offer a Consumer Ethics Rating through IPIU for the member who is advertising their services and products on their web site;

2. To help generate the maximum score of inter-link traffic to IPIU's web site from the member's home page;

3. To assure us the member's web site is not selling any products or services that IPIU is currently offering to its members and customers.

The image link needs to be on the "Home Page", not on a sub-page of the Home Page.

Here are some SAMPLE WEB PAGES with IPIU Logo link:

http://www.amaxinvestigations.com/

www.longislandinvestigation.com

www.jumanji.inc.pi-agency.us/

www.taskforceinvestigations.com

www.privatelawenforcement.com

www.lastprecinct.com

www.silverstar.investigations.pi-agency.us

• This is now available to private investigators, case examiners, attorneys, and other forum and/or union members who either have their own web site or wish to obtain a free website or home page on their own or through their Management Union Plan with IPIU.

• Announce your affiliation to visitors at your web site

• Members who install the above banner will also receive:
      1. Your Forum SIGNATURE will be upgraded to include your website and an approved pi-agency.us email contact.

2. Your website visitors will be able to click on the red box to verify you are either a union member-in-good-standing (or a forum member), plus receive an online report of your conduct score. This is an excellent feature when establishing third-party certification of your character and personal professional code.

3. For union members: Your personal forum IPIU SEAL.

4. For union members, your web site will be featured by the IPIU Website as being an Endorsed Member. If your web site is an Agency Web Site, then you may apply for the Certified Endorsement.

5. For union members, when IPIU receives requests from potential clients for your services (including process serving, court house document retrievals, background checks, investigations, or any of the fifty different types of inquiries), our system will refer the potential client directly to your web site link.

6. Your approval also includes a free email address: Sample: your.name@pi-agency.us , where an email will be sent to you when a potential client seeks to hire you.

7. For union members, your web site can receive free advertising as an endorsed website whenever IPIU advertises.

OTHER NOTES:
    • This offer is good for both personal and business web sites, subject to approval, which can substantially improve your creditability and reputation among your peers.

• If you do not have a website, there are numerous free web sites available, such as www.geocities.com .

Or, if you wish to have a professional Private Investigators web site set up for as little as a $49 upgrade to your economy Preferred Union Plan, then consider the Management Plan today:

LIMITED FREE OFFER: All Union Members who have the Management Union Plan can request a FREE WEB PAGE, with approved email, banner, and all other benefits.

Sample Management Member web page: www.silverstar.investigations.pi-agency.us

Details for Obtaining a Professional Website today

Or, request a free home page listing. (A "web site" is not just a "web page". A web site can contain hundreds of web pages, with numerous email accounts and other great benefits for as low as $7/month)

• For those interested in smaller logos and banners, the application process is still the same as mentioned above. However, the IPIU Art Department will be able to provide different sizes as they become available.

Don't have a web site for your private investigator's business?
    MEMBER ONLY BONUS (For Management Members):
    1. FREE: Obtain your own custom web address name, such as www smith.pi-agency.us .

2. Or, order your own custom web address name, such as www billsmith-pi.com (or whatever you prefer) for only dollars per year.

3. Obtain a FREE private investigators home page, with FREE standard designs to choose from.

Or, for as low as $6.99 per month, with additional web pages, personal commercial email, and many other great benefits.

To inquire, email us through the following link:
    Forum Administrator Staff
    London, England
    www.ipiu.org

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    BBB A+ Rating Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 31st Year Serving 48,366 Members
    CALL IPIU TODAY TO JOIN: 406-534-0251 (USA)

THE FOLLOWING EMAIL
    WAS SENT TO A MEMBER
    WHO WAS POSTING THEIR EMAIL ON THE FORUMS:

Dear Private Investigator:

Please do not post your email in an open post in the PI Forums until you read the following application topic:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19427

In your posts, you have the option to TURN ON your SIGNATURE when you want other members to see your name, credentials, and an approved email address. When you leave forum signature OFF, then members will only concentrate on your posted message and not bother with emailing you.

You can apply for a free approved email to promote your profession, agency, or contact in several ways:

1. If you have a Home Page already, or your own web site, or if you work for a firm who employs you, then the IPIU Banner would be ideal to apply for (it's free).

2. If you do not have your home page or website, then you can join IPIU as a fraternal union member private investigator and choose the Management Membership Plan, which includes free business cards, free home page, and a whole host of other benefits at the following link:

http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...&threadid=6542

3. If you are not a union member and not a licensed private investigator and would like to talk about other options, call the union office at 800-548-1525 and choose Option 2 for a short recording, and then the option to speak to an agent. If no answer, leave your name and phone.

Thank you for your support,

Rick

IPIU
    London Office
    England

Donna Reagan is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Licensed Private Investigator
    DHS Certified
    QUESTIONS & ANSWERS:

Quote Originally Posted by Shelley M Parker
    As for the website, are you referring to our personal website?
    Either a personal or business website.

I am in the process of setting up my website advertising myself and my services.
    You may wish to click on the following link before you set up a website:

Free Details on setting up your website

Should I wait until the website is complete to email a request for the banner?
    Yes.

If so, should I send a link to my website to someone at IPIU so that they can review my website before "issuing" a banner?
    Yes. Send the email through the following link:

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Shuman
    I have a personal website that is for something completely unrelated to my ongoing effort here (at least for now). Does the site have to be PI related to qualify?
    No. Your website does not need to be related to private investigation. Having an IPIU Banner attesting to your signed Code of Ethics is a benefit to those who wish to be noted for their good character.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Gonzales
    I am iterested in displaying the banner on my website, please forward me the necessary steps.
    Michael, just follow the email instructions posted in the first comment in this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra Pack
    Will I have to be on a certain level to obtain a banner for a unrelated business I own?
    No, you are welcomed to apply for the banner. If you read the Notes in the first post of this topic, it says For non-union members who wish to have an IPIU Banner placed on their website, the banner will look very similar to the above sample.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmer Branch
    Great info: Do I need to be licensed to post & receive Ipiu banner
    Answer: No.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmer Branch
    Do I need to be licensed to post contract for hire, in fields of pi service, not requireing a license??? EXAMPLE Contract under your license certain fields ??
    That is a licensing question. Please go to the PI Licensing Forum and read your state's topic. Or, post your question in your state's topic.

Another answer can be found in the following forums (if you have access to them):

Colorado PI Office Forum

Business Card Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine Wainscott
    This may be a silly question but can I add the banner to e-mails? That would be awfully cool since I communicate so much through e-mail.
    Yes, there is a smaller banner to include in emails.

If you have not applied for your banner, email us at the following link:

Thank you Donna for answering all of our questions at once! You have been an enormous help to all of us!!! I am looking forward to proudly displaying my IPIU banner in the near future!!!

Thank you Donna for answering all of our questions at once! You have been an enormous help to all of us!!! I am looking forward to proudly displaying my IPIU banner in the near future!!!
    Great questions Shelley......got my questions answered as well...

Good post Shelley.....

And thank you Donna for the answers

Denise Damazio is offline Certified

Distinguished Member: Private Investigator Member

Thumbs up

Thanks Donna for answering all the questions, it sure was a help

Denise

This is great I was thinking about setting up a web page and was wondering about how I could get it to work for me.

You are offering the right solution.
    Thank you.

As soon as I get my ducks in order I will order this service.
    I have been downloading very effective ducks ie the free PI Helper.

This is very informative. Can't wait to have my own website and banner!

Lisa Frye - is offline Certified SPI

Moderator (On Leave of Absence)
    Sr. Distinguished Union Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorraine Luongo
    I received my new pi-agency email address. I don't have a website but would like to obtain my free webpage. Where do I find out how to set it up?

Thanks,
    LL
    Lorraine,

You may want to check out the first post in this thread.

Have a nice evening,

Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy Bramlett
    I'm a Management Member. I am supposed to get access to a free web page. I cannot find any info on how to set it up. I'm at level 3. What do I need to get started?
    Use the CONTACT US link at the bottom of any forum page to inquire how to set that up.
    Technical Support
    Administrator

Just a quick note........Nice web page and I have the banner installed on my own website. Thanks to all concerned!!
    Dennis Sutton

John G - is offline Retired Forum Moderator

Private Investigators Forums
    Sponsored by the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

To Technical Support:

I just wanted to say thank you for the post to Dennis about updating his banner link. I thought my link would work, but this post made me redo my banner according to the revised email. It only took about five minutes to redo it according to the revised email, and now my banner works great.

Thank you IPIU, and Banner Support, plus Tech, for all the work you do. I appreciate it very much.

Johnny

Phillip Torrence is offline Licensed Private Investigator
    Agency Owner
    Private Investigator Union Member
    I did all that was requested I have your banner on my website!
    PHILLIP TORRENCE
    Licensed Private Investigator (CA# 20003)
    Serving California, New York, New Jersey, & Pennsylvania

Smile Webpage

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Luschen
    Hi Barry,
    I was wondering if you got your web page yet since I was trying to get in touch with someone at the same time as you.
    I have had my own webpage for quite sometime, but in order to place a banner (IPIU) you must have an mailing address on the website so clients can contact you.

Such as:

Contact T. Name
    144 any street
    Bianko, MI. 20020

I decided to go with the IPIU Colorado PI Office Gold Program, which includes the following:
    • A shared downtown PI Office penthouse suite;

• A listed phone number for clients to call the Denver PI Office;

• A receptionist to greet any of my clients at the penthouse office and to make either a telephone appointment for me or to arrange another meeting;

• A personal secretary to take my client calls and to contact me with the messages via email during business hours;

• An after hours voice-mail in case the office receptionist area is closed on weekends;

• The filing of my new Colorado Agency Corporation and all state filing fees;

• A free registered agent service for my new corporation (a $100 value alone);

• An assigned toll free number that is directed to my own phone at 5 cents a minute;

• My agency name on a priority list for any potential assignments that come through the office;

• Free business card typesetting, with the IPIU Official Seal, listing both my corporate agency name, street address, phone, website, email, toll free number, and my local address for other types of work.

ALL OF THE ABOVE FOR about $15/month when paid annually!

So, when my Colorado PI Office Gold package is completed I will have an address to put on my personal website and so the banner will follow

IPIU did respond to my emails and liked my site for the free banner, except I just had to get an address on there,. So I decided rather than put my personal address on there I would get the Colorado PI Office Gold package for an average of $15/month with everything! If all goes well , seems to me the Colorado PI Office Gold package was the way to go.

I know we all get a little frustrated (me too) from time to time with the staffing at IPIU. But taking into consideration how many new people come in daily, it must be a nightmare to manage at times.

Things may move a little slow from my perspective, but I understand most of it. If they had to hire more staff to resolve some issues I guess our costs will rise also.

Patience is not only a virtue but a necessity in this environment.
    In my humble opinion I think they need more help in the forums to free up the staff in Agent Relations dept. But we do with what we have and deal with the situation as we can.

Its amazing !

Quote Originally Posted by Anne Friedland
    I would like to introduce my Agency:B.I.A.Investigations LLC located in Denver Colorado! My website will be up soon as soon as I secure all the details!
    Thankls IPIU and Jonny Ginsburg!

Im just wanted to ask someone from Colorado a question. I am at level four myself but wonder how it could be so easy to get started in Colorado without having a license when I am in WV and have to have a 2 year degree or 2 years experince under a licensed PI.. I really want to get my license here in WV so I am legal. I dont see how I can do work in WV when IPIU says I am registered in Colorado.. Can you get me insight of how this all works between states and do you have any suggestions about how I can get jobs under a license PI. I need a lot of hours.. I really appreciate you help and answer's...

Anne Friedland - is offline PI Agency Corporation Owner
    FBI Liason

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Colo, WVa and Others

Hi i am brain-dead b/c I don't remember your name but, i do remember what you asked.
    1)The Denver Office is a virtual office, you don't have to be there.
    2) In the forums there is a "licensing forum" with most states listed. I am in PA and looked it up there.
    3) If you are qualified, better! The next step is to find a name ane register it w/the Colo Sec of state, license or not. This is just for a business. If you have any other questions email me at:m anne friedland@pi-agency.us.

DJ Moran -- is offline Sr. Moderator:
    (On Leave of Absence)

Certified Distinguished Member

Smile RE: Anne

Quote Originally Posted by Anne Friedland

There seems to be some confusion as to who posts what. This is Anne here. my middle name is Robin. I see that sometimes I get answers to questions posted by Robin Dexter.
    I don't know if she is in contact w/ Gary Sumner or not, but I did get a message included in his email to me (Anne) to communicate in writing to him,which I thought I was doing.
    Also if there was an important question. I'd send Gary an email for SURE!~!! It is so much easier as far as the site goes to keep my comm down to 1 person.
    Everything re: my site is currently being handled.
    Hi Anne,

My reply was to Robin, not you Anne,

She( Robin Dexter) asked a question, and I replied to her.

Hope this helps. Cause now..... I'm confused too!

Jonathan Persky is offline Certified Process Server:
    International Private Investigators Union

Private Investigator Forum Member

BANNER Request

Hello, although i DONT have a personal website or business site to promote at the moment, is it possible to have the IPIU banner enclosed at my signature line ? CAN somebody please email , or redirect me ?

~Thank you in advance~
    JON PERSKY
    IPIU - ~CASE EXAMINER~
    jonathan.persky@pi-agency.us

Badge # 10601

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Persky
    Hello, although i DONT have a personal website or business site to promote at the moment, is it possible to have the IPIU banner enclosed at my signature line ? CAN somebody please email , or redirect me ?

~Thank you in advance~
    Get a free web site by making sure you have a Management Membership instead of the Preferred.

Or, order your own web site at the following credit card site, which includes a FREE banner:
    http://www.privateinvestigators.cc/index.php?cPath=84
    Robert Donovan
    Director - Agent Relations
    Sr. Director - IPIU Ethics Board

START WITH TRUST

Official BBB Accreditation Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 32nd Year Serving 48,373 Members

CONTACT LINK HERE TO JOIN IPIU

do I have a Management Union Plan . I was told that I have everything that I need to do Business

Re: Want to provide your Email/Website to other PI's?

Thank you. I have received my e-mail address.

Albert Holbert is offline * Certified

Private Investigators Forum Member

not sure if this is the right thread i was told to come here to apply for my signature any help on this subject would be highly appreciated

Jack Campbell is offline Sr. Moderator (On Leave of Absence)

Sr. Distinguished Member:

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Holbert
    not sure if this is the right thread i was told to come here to apply for my signature any help on this subject would be highly appreciated
    Albert,

Please read post # 1 of this topic. It explains how to apply for a free upgrade to your signature.

I have multiple websites. Can I have a banner for everyone?

Lynne Knight is offline Certified Distinguished Member

(Retired Moderator)
    Corporate Agency Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Hidalgo
    I have multiple websites. Can I have a banner for everyone?
    Hi Walter -

In post #1 at the beginning of this thread, the instructions are to
    send an email through the following link:

I hope this helps.

~ Lynne ~

Michael Harris is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Distinguished Insignio Colleague of:

I have some webistes going up soon. I will read everything in detail when I get started - I will forget it before I need to use it.

I just applied for a @pi-agency.us email account. I am pumped!
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

Melanie Kozik - is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

2007 - 2008 Member of:

Talking Re: Want to provide your Email/Website to other PI's?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Harris
    I have some webistes going up soon. I will read everything in detail when I get started - I will forget it before I need to use it.

I just applied for a @pi-agency.us email account. I am pumped!
    ==============

It is imperative to spell the word website correctly.

Also, being a 12 year webby writer, it is also important not to have any typ0's on sit3.

Hope you can enjoy my sense of hum0r.

M/ aka Melanie Kozik

2007 - 2008 Member of:

Talking Re: Want to provide your Email/Website to other PI's?

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie Kozik
    ==============

It is imperative to spell the word website correctly.

Also, being a 12 year webby writer, it is also important not to have any typ0's on sit3.

Hope you can enjoy my sense of hum0r.

M/ aka Melanie Kozik
    PS - I am PUMP3D for y0u!!!!!!

Melanie,

For the really important issues, I create my posts in MS Word - and then copy-paste them into the IPIU forums.

Spelling is not important when you have been up for 20 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Harris
    Melanie,

For the really important issues, I create my posts in MS Word - and then copy-paste them into the IPIU forums.

Spelling is not important when you have been up for 20 hours.
    remark by Admin:

Michael, one click on the message box icon that looks like this:

It's quick and easy.

If not installed, go to www.iespell.com and do an instant free download that is virus-free. This same spellcheck is endorsed worldwide at over two million other websites that use our same forum software.

START WITH TRUST

BBB A+ Rating Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 28th Year Serving 47,932 Members
    CALL IPIU TODAY TO JOIN: 406-534-0251

2007 - 2008 Member of:

I think I better stop teasing people. Sorry.

Melanie AKA M/

Tech Support:

Thanks. The icon was a bit too small for my old eyes. I have an appointment for a Lasik evaluation tomorrow morning.

But back to the MS Word issue - for the very important issues, I still will use MS Word. I use the style and grammar checker - all very tailored to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie Kozik
    I think I better stop teasing people. Sorry.

Melanie AKA M/
    Melanie,

I hope you are not apologizing to me.

[Spell checker works.]

Hi, my name is George Gruber. I am a fairly new member to IPIU.
    I would like to post my email addresses for your use and benefit.
    For personal, sensitive material, please use: [Edited by Moderator: Forum Rules Infraction]
    For General IPIU use or if other line down please use: [Edited by Moderator: Forum Rules Infraction]
    Thanks and best wishes for your career success.
    Best Regards
    GM Gruber
    gmg

DHS Certified

Quote Originally Posted by George Gruber
    Hi, my name is George Gruber. I am a fairly new member to IPIU.
    I would like to post my email addresses for your use and benefit.
    For personal, sensitive material, please use: [Edited by Moderator: Forum Rules Infraction]
    For General IPIU use or if other line down please use: [Edited by Moderator: Forum Rules Infraction]
    Thanks and best wishes for your career success.
    Best Regards
    GM Gruber
    gmg
    George,

Once again you have posted your email address on the open forum without having approval.

Please click on the following link and carefully read and follow the application instructions:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19427

Donna

2007 - 2008 Member of:

"Spelling is not important when you have been up for 20 hours."

I sure agree with that! but then neither is posting on a forum or checking email or...Anything really! lol - just a nice soffy pillow :}

Best regards, M/

I need to make changes to my banner and my free homepage. How do I do this?

DHS Certified

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Conaway
    I need to make changes to my banner and my free homepage. How do I do this?
    Just privately email through the following link:

Jennifer Smith is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Thanks for all the great info! These forums are great for newbies, we get all of our questions anwered at once (and some I might not of thought of immediately!)
    I just sent my request! And I look forward to displaying my membership proudly!

Tammy Rose is offline Moderator (On Leave of Absence)

Distinguished Member:

Who do I need to contact to get a signiture? I don't believe I want to set up my own website just yet I just want a signiture.

TJ Rose
    Moderator trainee

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast