Thread: ILLINOIS LAW: Bounty Hunter

Anthony Bridgestone is offline Professional Services Dept

International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Founded in 1989
    [b]A statute enacted in 1963 designed to eliminate commercial bail bond industry. See Schilb v. Kuebel, 264 N.E.2d 377, 380 (Ill. 1970), aff'd 404 U.S. 357 (1971); Ill. Stat. Ch. 725 §§ 5/110-7, 5/110-8.

"No bail bondsman from any state may seize or transport unwillingly any person found in this State who is allegedly in violation of a bail bond posted in some other state." Ill. Stat. Ch. 725 § 5/103-9.

ANTHONY BRIDGESTONE
    Professional Support Services

A question I have about Bounty Hunting Statute I am

basically from what I read it states that it is not allowed in this state?!

Although there are quite a few that skip bail, and I believe that the laws change almost as quickly as we speak of this issue.

I was just wondering if you could clarify this issue better if at all possible I would greatly appreciate it.

I am interested in this type of work and have read further in the forum about how to go about getting involved in this type of work,
    but I would greatly appreciate your answer!

Thanks!

Bozica N. Newell

If anything in the Soth suburbs of Chicago, Illinois comes available please keep me in mind. This sounds like something I would love to do. I am not sure of the requirements for this position, any help would be nice. Eager to get started.
    S. LaRoche

Re: ILLINOIS LAW: Bounty Hunter

Yes I am currently in school to obtain my b.a. social and criminal justice.this is what i want to do if anything does open up in south suburbs please contact me.Willing to start at bottom and work hard.
    Last edited by Jack Campbell; 08-14-2007 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Removed Email Address

Carlina Aldridge is offline *** Certified
    Private Investigator Forum Member

Professional Management Member of:

I would like to know if it's possible to be a bounty hunter here in Illionis. The reading was not so clear. Just a Yes or No will do.

Rupert E MacLean III is offline Licensed Private Investigator
    Corporation Owner

2008-2009 Professional Member of:

There are 5 states that have out lawed bail enforcement, since they have in effect, outlawed commercial bail. Citizens can post bond directly with the courts in these jurisdictions.

The five states are Illinois, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Oregon and Kentucky.

The UCEA also applies to transporting fugitives and all states and territories have signed this agreement but two SC and MO.

Hope this clarifies,

Scott

So this law means that I can't catch a Fugitive who fled from a one state to this state, Right?
    Can I at least get a warrant? What should I do legally? I mean with out getting in trouble. I just can't let a Bail Bondsman lose money for that! >

Ted Menard is offline Private Investigator Forum Member
    Corporate Agency Owner

Member of:

Cool Re: ILLINOIS LAW: Bounty Hunter

hello to all FRA's.
    I just got a contract to p/u a skip from COLO that has been reported by his mother to be in Chicago at this time. He went to OK, then to MO, then to TENN, and now is in Chicago and the bondsman has paid , and wants him back so he can petition the court for his money. Not a violet person. With no comm. bail in Chicago, can I legally seize him with a fugitive from justice warrant without problems?
    I would think the proper way to do this would go to the local precinct with paperwork and ask for assistance or get their blessing to apprehend and then transport out of there post haste. Bondsman does not think he will be a trouble risk or object to transport once in custody.
    How about some great words of wisdom from you ..........ASAP as I would like to start now.. Thanxxx, Ted