Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Home Alone Actor Arrested: Druggy Macaulay Culkin

David Copeland is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Sponsored by:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Home Alone Actor Arrested: Druggy Macaulay Culkin

Macaulay Culkin arrested for drug possession

From the internet news:

QUOTE:

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Former child star Macaulay Culkin was arrested on drug charges Friday during a traffic stop, authorities said.inline imageThe 24-year-old actor, best known for his role in the "Home Alone" movies, was taken into custody on complaints of possession of a controlled dangerous substance without a valid prescription and possession of marijuana, according to the Oklahoma County Sheriff's office.
    Culkin, who lives in New York City, was booked into the Oklahoma County Jail and released after posting $4,000 ond, a jailer said.
    Authorities confiscated about 17 grams of marijuana from a vehicle in which Culkin was a passenger. Officers also found 16 milligrams of prescription medications used to control anxiety and seizures, according to a police report.
    Culkin was in a vehicle driven by a 22-year-old New York City man who was stopped for driving 70 mph in a 60-mph speed zone and for making an improper lane change. After receiving a verbal warning, the driver allowed police to search the vehicle.
    Culkin told an officer there was $3,000 in a bag on the floor of the car. The officer opened it and found a clear baggie of what appeared to be marijuana, the report said.
    A short time later, Culkin allegedly pulled another baggie out of his pocket that contained white pills and other medication. Additional marijuana was found rolled in a metal cigarette box, according to the report.
    It was not clear whether Culkin had a lawyer. It also was not clear why Culkin was in Oklahoma City.
    In Los Angeles, Culkin's publicist, Michelle Bega, declined to comment.

Source:
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...n-arrest_x.htm

David Copeland is offline Administrator

Sponsored by:
    inline image

Youthful innocence shattered,

Loving family divorced,

Professional career in the toilet.

Macaulay Culkin Arrested
    For Drug Possession

- -

David,

I saw another article on this incident as well that said Culkin and his dad have been estranged ever since Macaulay announced that he was retiring when he was 14. Thank God he didn't. It's possible that he might be in a lot more trouble than he's in now with all his money and the extra time on his hands between age 14 and today.

Just goes to show that fame and money don't buy happiness. Too bad to because he could have had a good career if he'd stayed away from drugs...

Exclamation what a shame?

Now this is a guy I enjoyed watching act and was sad a few years ago to see the damage he caused at the hotel while making the film "home Alone II".It was amazing to see what a kid his age could do.Now he's caught with drugs.How could someone mess up there career in such a way.Think of what he could have ben today.

He is not any different from any other child stars in Hollywood. I don't know what parents are thinking when they decide to enter their kids into show business. Well, I guess money is a big incentive but is it worth that kind or risk?

No doubt about it - he let it go to his head. Many children stars have problems later in life..... from relating to other people, to drugs and crime. Is the fact that he voluntarily gave the police the drugs in itself a cry for help? He looks so rough and worn out in the picture... it is sad.

Edward Taguba is offline Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forums

Professional Member of:
    Wow gosh that was one of my fav movies too. I mean I'll still watch it but he will be on my mind now that he is on drugs and meds.. poor him.

Did anyone really believe he would come out as a 'normal' actor? Didn't he get married to an older woman or something a few years ago and he was in a big fight with his family for money? Too bad he wasn't Macaulay Olsen...

William Brassfield is offline Moderator::
    (On Leave of Absence)

Sr. Distinguished Member:
    Member since 2002
    It's funny I should be reading this now, I just got through reading the article in Time magazine.

I grew up in the OKC area, and Half the guys I hung around with in high school joined the Military, and the other half went to work for various Police Departments in the area, but mostly Oklahoma City. So, I have to wonder if it was one of my old buddies who busted him.

Druggy

What a waste of a good career. He had it made and not to mention was far better off than 99% of us.....Just sad!

Daniel Clark

Jerome O Isaac-- is offline Sr. Distinguished Member:

2007 Honorary Ambassador of Good Will
    Hey sometimes the wrong people get the good breaks in life, that's why you better be careful and don't that little guy called Greed get you.

It is really suprising how many people find the money to spend on drugs, but don't spend the money on therapy to find out why they're taking the drugs. In the long run, it would save money...and mental health.
    Always in All Ways, Sandra

Alcohol and drugs kill the soul before the body, I hope this young man finds his way to dignity.

This is sad.

Quinn

Lisa Frye - is offline Certified SPI
    Licensed Private Investigator

Moderator (On Leave of Absence)
    Sr. Distinguished Union Member
    It's so sad to see this happen but it does all the time. Now that he is older maybe he will realize he has a problem and seeks help. I hope this young man turns his life around and uses it in a positive light to help other young people. He could have a lot of influence on our youth if he choses to do so.

He was a good actor back in the day. I don't know why these famous people with all there money do these things. Crazy isn't it.

I was sad to here this as well. My kids and I love the Home Alone movies. It is a shame to see talent go to waste, but hopefully it is not to late for him to get help and start over. Money and Drugs make people do crazy things.

Exclamation Truth Hurts

This goes to show you that just because they're famous doesn't mean that they are angels or innocent.The are human beings and people,so they act just like any other normal person would act.Fortune and Fame does't mean cleansed and pure!

And this is surprising how ???
    With all of this kids money and priveledges what has he done ?
    I neither care nor am I surprised, he should have gone to college and taken up a proper career once he ceased to be cute anymore.

Doctor, Lawyer, politician etc....

all goes back to his parents, I just do not understand how they could have not know or noticed a change in their son, his behavior especially. I feel for him, I agree he could have been a greater star than he was as a child. sometimes you just nver know. his family or loved ones should take a interest and get him into rehab wether he likes it or not.
    just my opinion!!!!

How can you notice a change when you hardly spend time with someone anymore ?
    Money also changes people, actors become anti-social and tend to alienate loved ones, further complicating things.
    Add the "Child Star" cute child "syndrome and perhaps you get the picture here.

Money-Hungry

I'm sure everybody has heard this: Money is the root of all evil. Not getting righteous, but money is the basis for everything people do in life.

This kid had too much time on his hands and turned to drugs, probably to escape some personal problem the media won't tell you about. They like the juicy details, not the sad, pathetic ones that make you want to help him.

He should have went on VH1's "The Surreal Life" with the rest of the child stars and--for lack of a better phrase--"wash-ups".

BEST
    KD

Money is the root of all "EVIL" ???
    That is a load of bull, plain and simple.

The lack of a belief system is the root of all "EVIL",
    Whether you believe in God or some type of religion,
    Or just in being good, if you are an Athiest or Agnostic,
    You need some Philosophy to keep grounded in order to do what is right in life,
    For example, to be clean and sober,
    Not to be a drunkard or drug addict,
    To hold onto a job,
    take care of ones health and family, these are good things.
    But some people have no system of belief and these people slip into debauchery.

There is lots of bad stuff going on in the lives of many actors, they live a life of excess and have bad living habits, money may make it easier to buy drugs, but
    money is not the cause of drug problems anymore than guns being the cause of crime.

I made a choice in my life as a youth not to use drugs or become a drunkard because I wanted to have a better way of life, and there were enough bad examples around me in those days, and I did not smoke either.

People need to be accountable (with themselves) and stop putting the blame on others and mere objects for the faults that are merely theirs and theirs alone.
    In other words, blaming money or guns or any other objects,
    When the fault lies squarely on the shoulders of those that choose to do drugs, or commit crimes and refuse to get "Professional" help with those problems.

I was using that as a term and a metaphoric turn of phrase. I wasn't implying that teh kid is not at fault. I believe druggies are of the worst type, they have no self respect and no respect for the safety and well-being of others.

To be brutally honest, a lot of these addicts and alcoholics have a belief in some type of system. It dosen't matter what someone believes in, if they have a wrong crowd to hang with and enough bad influences around them then they're going to follow.

It takes a WEAK person to do drugs, that was my point in saying that evil is money-based. Furthermore, a person can believe in God and Jesus and all the saints, but I don't see Jesus and the Saints out helping cure addicts. It's all in the druggie's head and they need to be corrected either through punishment or the cold shoulder.

Best,
    KD

You obviously know nothing about the issues involved with addiction and other problems people get into.

Many addicts are Doctors and other professionals that should know better,
    One famous Doctor by the name of Halsted, became addicted to Cocaine and it ruined his medical career to a large degree.
    When I was in Law Enforcement, and also as a Medic, I saw first hand, what drugs do to Adults and Children, I had to study about this subject.
    Money has nothing to do with drug addiction, from the destitute Crack addict, to the wealthy Cocaine abuser, it is a matter of getting help in the form of a grug program,
    but that person has to first acknowledge a problem in order to begin the healing process.
    Drug Addiction is a treatable illness, and cold shoulders and jail time is not a cure,
    a program is.

And you seem to put down religion,
    there are many belief systems out there, and as I said before,
    If a person is an Atheist or Agnostic, they still need to believe in a greater good of some kind, or they will live according to the philosophy,

"Come, let us eat, drink and be merry, for tommorow, We might die....."
    This is a dead end belief system that allows people to sink into a bad life style of drugs and crime.

Ending this.

Alright, based on your last post, I'm going to end this thread for myself. I do not appreciate being told I don't know what I'm talking about when I was talking in general terms about my opinions. And furthermore, I don't bash religion, therefore I don't need to be condecended to nor insulted in such a way that makes me regret ever posting at all.

I'm just saying I don't feel bad for people who know better and destroy their lives anyway. I don't want to pay taxes so these people can go to stae-sponsored rehab and get "help" for something they knew they shouldn't do in the first place.

People who don't want to help theirselves don't deserve the help of a society as a whole. Salvation should come from within, not from intervention.

KD

My 2 cents

Karl and Kevin,

I've been reading your posts with interest. You both have strong opinions and there are some points each of you make that I agree with and some I disagree with.

Karl, I know what you mean when you say money has nothing to do with drug addiction - but from a different perspective - money has a lot to do with drug addiction. You can't get access to drugs without money unless you steal them - and generally there is very little opportunity to steal drugs for very long. Money is the name of the game in the drug world, and dealers need to be paid off.

A wealthy person has enough money to support his/her habit while a person with no money has to con, beg, borrow and steal money from friends and relatives. Both are addicted, and they both need money to support their habit. It's just easier for a wealthy person. I agree that addicts, whether wealthy or not, have to want to get treatment before they can be cured. And they need support from friends and family members. I know people who have gone through treatment programs that are doing well now, but I also know people who are right back to their old habits after extensive treatment. I totally agree that all addicts need initial help through some type of program. But many who've already been through treatment eventually end up in jail anyway as a result of their desperate actions to get drugs - like burglary, robbery, murder, etc... And this is unacceptable in any society. So, even though this is an illness, these people, whether rich or poor, need to be off the street and in jail. They should be held responsible for their actions. And a few of them even become better citizens in prison. Some discover religion, some get college degrees, etc.. When locked up they don't have as many opportunities to get into trouble because they're not free to act on their bad ideas and decisions that usually involve victimizing people to get what they want.

And Kevin, I think there are a lot of people that need help at some point in their life - whether its with drugs or some other personal problem. Sometimes a person just doesn't have the wherewithal or know-how to resolve all of his/her problems. This is why there are professionals out there like psychologists, psychiatrists, priests and ministers. There could be any number of reasons why a person makes bad decisions in life - whether it be from being abused as a child or just getting in with the wrong peer group. It can be worth your tax dollars to help get some of these people on track. Who knows, it could save you from being victimized some day.

And sometimes salvation can't come from within until someone makes you aware of your problem and steers you in the right direction.

Just my 2 cents.

Vern

Petra Post - is offline Retired Administrator
    ***** Certified SPI

Former Insignio Distinguished Member:
    This is a good discussion we all have here. Let's keep it simmered down though. We should not have any arguments come out at the end. Everyone is intitled to have their own oppinion. Thank you for your understanding.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Petra Post
    This is a good discussion we all have here. Let's keep it simmered down though. We should not have any arguments come out at the end. Everyone is intitled to have their own oppinion. Thank you for your understanding.
    Go gett'em Petra!

I am sorry if what I stated sounded like an arguement,
    It was not meant in that way.
    I am used to how things are disscused at University and other forums of advanced learning.
    When it comes to things like this,
    I have never formed any opinions on my own,
    I have observed these things from other Law Enforcement Officers, Prosecutors, Parole and Probation Officers, Lawyers and even Judges, and many Medical Professionals, as I had daily contact with such people and these gave me the foundation for my observations on this topic.
    I learned a long time ago to not be judgemental of others and to try and help those that could be helped, namely those that asked for help and wanted help.

That doesn't surprise me one bit; Fame, Money, nothing to do ----> Drugs

McCauley Caulkin

I think it is so sad that someone who is famous could mess up there life like that, I really hope he gets help

Ashley Mayne-- is offline Licensed Private Investigator

Distinguished Member:
    Are there many child actors that have done well in adult hood?
    I know Elijah Wood has done very well for him self in adult hood. He was even in a movie with Culkin when they were kids.

ASHLEY MAYNE
    Licensed Private Investigator (Vic.AU)
    Victoria, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Mayne
    Are there many child actors that have done well in adult hood?
    I know Elijah Wood has done very well for him self in adult hood. He was even in a movie with Culkin when they were kids.
    Ashley;
    They seem to be few and far between. Most either get ripped off by their parents, or can't handle the increased wealth.
    Fritz

Vernon,
    On page one of this discussion, i have to agree with you, at least on principle. I have a family member (lets leave it without details)
    I hate drugs and what they do to you and those around you. But case in point, You have to want help and then you have to want to continue on that hard road to recovery. All comments are valid in your own ways to each of the comments posted.
    In closing, i have have been wealthy (comfortable) and scraping to make ends meet, there is no connection to drugs and money, just the waste of it.

Unhappy

These "retired" child actors/actresses need to take up another
    hobby. It seems like they just get bored and don't have anything to do with their lives so they decide to experiment with drugs or alcohol. Go back to school, get an education, start a charity, anything but drugs and alcohol. He will forever be remembered from this latest mugshot photo and not for his accomplishments as an actor. What a waste.

The problem with most of these "actors/actresses" is that early on in life they get detached from reality. For every successful one, the will be four or five who will never mature and find trouble at each turn.

Hugh Brown Jr is offline Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigator Forum Member Corporate Agency Owner

Professional Member of:
    This is sad that everytime you see someone on TV whos famous get into drugs they just mess their life up.This makes you think about who you should or should not look up to in life.

Ashley Mayne-- is offline Licensed Private Investigator

Distinguished Member:
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Budde
    Ashley;
    They seem to be few and far between. Most either get ripped off by their parents, or can't handle the increased wealth.
    Fritz
    Sorry for the late reply, Fritz. I agree with you. The parents really see the dollar signs, don't they? Sad really. Parents pushing their kids to live the parents dream of fame and fortune.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Mayne
    Sorry for the late reply, Fritz. I agree with you. The parents really see the dollar signs, don't they? Sad really. Parents pushing their kids to live the parents dream of fame and fortune.
    Of course, there's nothing wrong with letting your children support you
    Anyone have a high paying job for my daughter?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast