Thread: HELP!! Technical Support

HELP!! Technical Support

Whenever I log on I have to do it twice and after I type in a response to a thread it asks me again to log on and I lose whatever I typed. I don't even know if this is going to get through so I will keep it short.
    Thanks for the help.

Ada

Hello Ada,

Make sure you have cookies enabled on your pc.

The link below gives step-by-step instructions for several
    different browsers.

http://www.google.com/cookies.html

Brenda

thanks for the help. unfortunately I am using a public computer that doesn't let me change any of the options that were preset. But at least I know what the problem is...

I have been trying to find out who I need to contact about changing my phone number for some of the forums, so they can call me, anti-piracy for one

i have had porblems with my computer due to an ice storm it is fixed , also have renewned my due. i seem to hve problem getting into the old forums that i use get into i piad my dues on1/11/05. please advice to any that i should do if anything
    deerne girdler

I was posting in the forums this morning and all of a sudden, I could no longer post anything. I kept trying to sign in using my name and passcode, but it kept telling my wrong passcode. This afternoon I tried logging in at it was the same thing. I then tried my old passcode from my old email address and was able to get in. I'm confused! Can anyone help me?

I think I discovered my problem. I deleted my cookies yesterday to clean up my computer. I thought I was supposed to do that now & then. I have had trouble ever since. Does anyone know how to fix this. Sometimes I can post and most times I can't. Please help...going CRAZY!

Access Code.

Why am not able to access the federal piracy forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin Burrell
    Why am not able to access the federal piracy forum?
    Calvin, I looked at your forum set-up and it appears that some of your information is either missing or out-of-date or has expired.

Your previous User Access was Level-1 Professional Guest, which requires either a state issued PI License or law enforcement ID.

Otherwise, union members with Level 4 access can enter all of the assignment forums.

Please call 800-548-1526 and ask for Diane or Gary to inquire of union membership.

Or, you can privately email betty.stevens@ipiu.org

Cynthia Ford
    Administrator - IPIU
    ----------

Rogaciano Garcia is offline *** Certified SPI
    Lifetime Professional Management Member

Corporate Agency Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Re: HELP!! Technical Support

I have trouble with no access to the IPIU site from home/office, but I can log from using wifi places, at my home/office I try with 3 different computer none of the 3 can access to the site. I do all regular maintenance necessary to my equipment all the time. But why I don't have access from my base? if someone knows or having the same problem like me let me know. if you find a solution

Quote Originally Posted by Rogaciano Garcia View Post
    I have trouble with no access to the IPIU site from home/office, but I can log from using wifi places, at my home/office I try with 3 different computer none of the 3 can access to the site. I do all regular maintenance necessary to my equipment all the time. But why I don't have access from my base? if someone knows or having the same problem like me let me know. if you find a solution
    Please do the following:

1. Call your Internet Provide Support line (if you have DSL or Cable), and tell them you cannot access www.ipiu.org from your home. They will run a check while you are on the phone.

2. If your Internet Support says it is not their connection that is the problem, then call the technical support line for the newest computer you have at home. Most new PC's come with a 1 to 3 year toll free phone support line. They will be able to explore your computer settings, and your firewall too.

TIP:
    Perform a trace route from your computer to www,ipiu,org.

For instructions, go here:
    http://www.mediacollege.com/internet...raceroute.html

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    BBB A+ Rating Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 28th Year Serving 47,932 Members
    CALL IPIU TODAY TO JOIN: 406-534-0251

Damion L Powell is offline Licensed Private Investigator
    Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

I can only access the site from my phone, when I try it from my desktop, laptop and chromebook I get a reply of ( your connection to this site is not secure) and it doesn't open up

Quote Originally Posted by Damion L Powell View Post
    I can only access the site from my phone, when I try it from my desktop, laptop and chromebook I get a reply of ( your connection to this site is not secure) and it doesn't open up
    1) Is your desktop, laptop, and chromebook located in your home?

2) What type of internet connection do you have at home? Cable? DSL? Or are you using a hotspot internet connection from a neighbor through a cell phone tower?

3) On all of your home devices, what browsers are you using? Chrome? Explorer? Opera? Firefox?

4) Whatever browsers you use, please check for updates, especially Chrome (which seems to have a weekly update).

5) In Chrome, go to History, choose to clear date, then choose CACHED IMAGES AND FILES only (none of the other history files). Then choose ALL TIME. This will preserve your cookies and log in's, but will delete image files from visiting websites.

6) Try again.

7) If unsuccessful, return to a Chrome browser, and open up a new tab using Incognito. Then try logging into the page again.

Let us know,