Thread: Please Remember 9/11

Please Remember 9/11

To the IPIU Family,

Another year has past and 9/11 is upon us. It saddens me that this date is as easy to remember as Christmas or Halloween. I wish that dates like Flag Day and Memorial Day were as easy to remember without the help of a retailer and their sale flyer. Unfortunately, it is a date that can not be remembered in joy, as would be of those beloved holidays.

I would like to ask a favor of everyone. Where ever you are that day, what ever you may do. Please take a moment of silence to reflect. When you give an opinion this day, please speak of Love and Peace and Hope and be thankful for what ever is good in your life. Whether it is family, friends, a career, a home or freedom that you cherish, take the moment to appreciate it.

Regardless of race, religion, politics or other beliefs and opinions. This is a day that has touched every American. I ask this of you from my heart, as a fellow American and as someone who believes in the love of humanity. I thank you with tears in my eyes for never forgetting this day.

Tammy

Never forget

Tammy,
    That is one of the days that I will never forget because my son was born on 9/11/03 , around the time all the things happened. Eventhough he was not born on the same year but just the thought of 9/11. There was many lives taken then, even the survivors have a part of them gone. But I have to thank the man up stairs for giving me a precious angel on that special day.

Michael Harris is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Distinguished Insignio Colleague of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Tammy,

Thank you for your post. If you check for my posts on the smae issue, you will see that I was close, but not too close to the terror and heartache.

I still get upset over what happened and how little is being done to protect the rest of us. I still worry about those who were there and survived and those who were left behind.

Thank you Sophia for your response and sharing.

Michael, thank you I have read that post, excellant thread. I have just spent the last 4 days dealing with hurricane Frances. We lost part of our roof and had the ceiling fall in, but everyone is safe. As upsetting and personal and scary as this has been it will never have as profound an affect on me as 9/11.
    Tammy

Tammy,

Thank you for the reminder, not that any American could ever forget but your words make it easier for us to share the love of our land amongst us.

Thanks again and God Bless You!
    "Keep On Keepin On!"

Steve McAtee
    Badge# 10053

You are welcome Tammy.

I can still remember exactly where I was standing when the news broke that an airplane had hit the World Trade Center. I watched in horror as the second plane hit the other tower.Then the news came that one had crashed into the Pentagon and one in Pennsylvania. I will never forget that day. My prayers go out to the families and friends who lost loved ones in the attacks. I watched a nation come together as one, and it made me so proud to be called an American. A special "Thank You" goes out to all the Firemen,Police, Rescue workers and our fine military who have since then taken on the responsibility of protecting our nation from further attacks. My heart felt gratitude goes out to all of you. May God bless you all.

Yes 9/11, I too shall never forget that day. That day is what made me realize that everday on this earth is a gift from above. None of us is promised tomorrow. My heart and prayers go out to all of the victims and their families. It was actually the first time that I'd actually seen a nation unite so strongly, a time when differences were put aside, too bad it took tragedy to come to that point. Now that we are united, we as a nation need to stay focused on the kindness of our fellow persons. A hug and a thank you goes a long way. So thanks to all of the distingushed persons who makes it their life duty to service this country.

Denise Damazio is offline Certified

Distinguished Member: Private Investigator Member
    I will remember 9/11 on Saturday with great regret. Such a tragedy that not only affected families of people who lost their lives, but the whole nation. I also remember exactly what I was doing, and as that day went on I remember feeling plain numb and so saddened by the turn of events.

We should all bow or heads in a moment of silence and pray that nothing like this ever has to happen again.

God Bless all,

Denise