Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dog - The Bounty Hunter (Reality TV Show)

I agree. I have worked ten years as a security officers in a higher than normal level as my security company was allowed to and encouraged by the local police department. We basically have taken calls that alleviated the police work load. In fact there was a time that we used to respond to a smaller police dept calls until they had enough units out there to accomodate. When you see the things that I have seen at that level. It makes it hard to imagine some of these "hardened criminals" can be reformed, but they do. Sometimes what appears as breaking the law isn't so much so. What do you think the under cover police go through? I haven't seen the show Dog but it sounds interesting to me to watch.

Right on Steve. I watched the show last night. I am an ex police officer and current PI. Professionalism is certainly a requirement in this business, and he is certainly not. He may get his man for the cameras, but how many do they not show where he loses the subject. The guy has absolutely zero officer safety skills. He's going to get himself or his son killed teaching him these unorthadox methods. And if my wife looked and talked like his..................

Michael Harris is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Distinguished Insignio Colleague of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Craig,

As I understand it, Dog is the bail bondsman - which means he knows something about the runner. He may not even post bail for anyone too dangerous to chase.

They also will only show the successgul or safe captures. We see only a little of what he does.

Thanks for the heads up Ill be checking that out!
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Susan R Roesch
    Hey, Ya'll!!!
    Heads up everybody! There's a new reality show on A & E and it's a reall goodie! Check your local listings and tune in to watch Dog, the Bounty Hunter. Super-cool and dedicated to his family and his work, the Dog will win your heart and your respect. See the Dog, his wife and son bring in the bad-guys in beautiful Hawaii. Check it out...you'll be glad you did!!

Susan,

I had to check out Dog, The Bounty Hunter http://www.aetv.com/dogthebountyhunter/. I am looking forward to watching this. Another favorite show of mine is MONK on USA Network http://www.usanetwork.com/series/monk/.

Thanks for the heads up.

Cheryl

Susan,

I just wanted to add that you can go to this website; http://www.usanetwork.com/series/mon...eit/index.html and test your sleuthing skills. Too

Cheryl

Susan,
    I 100% agree with you on Dog. I myself have done everything against the law in my younger years. Now that I am more adult and have my morals back in place I want to do what is right. That's why I know I would be great at this job. I know what to look for and what not to look for. Things are so obvious to me these days, I can smell evil a mile away.
    Take care Susan.
    Amalia

Wink Ain't it Great!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Amalia Martinelli
    Susan,
    I 100% agree with you on Dog. I myself have done everything against the law in my younger years. Now that I am more adult and have my morals back in place I want to do what is right. That's why I know I would be great at this job. I know what to look for and what not to look for. Things are so obvious to me these days, I can smell evil a mile away.
    Take care Susan.
    Amalia
    Amelia...
    Yeah, man....ain't it great...we do finally grow up!!!! Your experience parallels my own. Isin't it amazing how we can do a complete 360 turn in our lives? The stuff we once thought we were SO slick at can be SO obvious to folks who have been there!
    Take care & be safe!!!

PS Cheryl...I love Monk! Thanx for the link!!!!!!!
    Susan R Roesch

Oops! I'm sorry, Amalia....I misspelt your name...Just curious...do folks call you 'Molly'?

I agree with Susan R. Dog cleaned up his act and doing something positive. Tina

That's okay Susan.
    No they don't call me Molly. People ask me that a lot. I don't really like that name, for myself. No offense to any Molly's out there.
    Take care!

I just want to say I have read some good and bad on Dog, but give the guy a chance at least he turned his life around and who better to know how a fugutive is going to act then someone who has been there. Everyone should be treated with respect no matter how bad they are, you would want to be treated fairly if it was you.

I really need to see this show since everyone keeps talking about it!

Hello...

I have seen the episodes of Dog, and would like to know where I can read up on more information about him.
    Thanks

Maybe some one out there can tell me ,why this guy is being made into such a hero. I mean he caught a bad guy, the police do that every day. the way everyone is going on about the dog you would think he is a national hero, which he isn't, not even close. Just my opinion.

W Kotz is offline Licensed Private Investigator
    Private Investigator Forum Member

Professional Management Member of:
    People, this is a TV show……I tuned in and enjoyed it. It was entertaining. If we watch close we can learn much, the good and the bad but most of all that it is a dangerous job, one slip up and your history. Also, let’s not judge anyone that has been in trouble with the law in Mexico.

Dog

I agree with Wolfgang, one slip up and you're history. Dog may be an ex-con, but he has learned from his mistakes and has turned his life around. Isn't that what living is about, making mistakes and learning from them? Also, who better to catch a thief than a thief himself?

As some of us mentioned, our pasts are a little sorrid, to say the least, but doesn't that make us who we are today? And because we've "been there, done that" we can spot those who are heading down the same road we did more easily than someone who has never been on that road.

Well, that's just my opinion....

Beth

PS. I LOVE Monk!!! If you've never seen it, check it out!

Monk

Beth,

We have two things in common. First, I LOVE Monk too!!! Second, I used to live in Connecticut and LOVED living there too!!

Have you checked out the the MONK website http://www.usanetwork.com/series/monk/? You can practice your sleuthing skills.

Cheryl

Former Protective Services Agent - US Army
    International Private Investigator

Executive Agency Owner Member - IPIU
    Judge not, lest ye be judged! I heard that somewhere once. Anyhow, I have managed to catch the show a few times, and thought it was quite good. Despite what his past may have been, he is helping society, making a living for his family, and he obviously quite good at it. Way to go!

I haven't seen the show "Dog." But after reading all these posts, it has spurred my interest. I'm gonna have to check it out.

Angela

I agree with you 100% Beth!
    And Monk is hilarious!!! I don't get to watch it that often, but when I can I do, and laugh my butt off!!!

I have gotten a bit hooked on this show. I do agree he can be tough, but then once he knows he's got the crook, he tries to help them. I am a believer in second chances. I bet if you all stopped to think about it, we have all been given second chances. We sometimes take for granted the mercies we've been given when we jump the gun and point the other finger. I'm not saying let your guard down, just be willing to give folks the benifit of the doubt.
    Melinda K Mueller

Tracy Perez

Hello there, I really like the show too. I think he does his job well. He is such a character too. I like his family also. He does try and help people which i think is great. People do need help , they do need second chances. If no one gives them a second chance they just go right back into the life of crime. It's easier for them to do that. Then to have ever door shut to you .

I have seen the show Dog: The Bounty Hunter. I have to agree it is interesting in its own little way. It is however a little far fetched in my opinion. The man himself is an ex-con. I don't feel like that gives him the credentials to be a celebrity and a professional bounty hunter.

Stacey,
    What is wrong with someone wanting to change their lifestyle into something good? That is what he wanted to do. And it gives him a little advantage on knowing how these bad guys work.

Quote Originally Posted by Amalia Martinelli
    Stacey,
    What is wrong with someone wanting to change their lifestyle into something good? That is what he wanted to do. And it gives him a little advantage on knowing how these bad guys work.
    Amalia,

Well said. I had wanted to respond to Stacey, but could not express myself. Thank you.

I agree with you a hundred percent, LoriAnn. So many people have forgotten the "Golden Rule". My grandmother always told me to treat folks likewise! If they are nice, you be nice. If they push you, you push them harder. Dog, is a miracle! He has proven that a felon can change his way of life. Now, I know not many felons change their lives; however, Dog did change. He isn't dependent on his parents, which his dad is deceased, and he isn't dependent on the local tax dollar either. He supports his family, he is a devoted family man, and he is a perfect team leader. I can't see how people can judge a person from their past. These folks are basically supporting the theory of the "Damaged Product". What a shame!

Wink

Susan,
    I have to agree with you about mexico,as a native texan and also some one that been to mexico you hit the nail on the head,and those northern states just don't know.
    As for "DOG" he is very good and i like his show.

david

Well thanks Michael!! I couldn't let that one slip by.

Ms Minta Thomson is offline *** Certified SPI

Retired Moderator - Private Investigators Forum
    Professional Management Member of:

Cool Minta's two cents :)

For what its worth .....LOL

Amalia and Michael....I agree ! When one considers the level of warehousing of inmates, the over-crowded penal facilities, the over-abundance of inmates who's low-violent crimes combined with mandatory sentencing laws have managed to get their butts in prison.......

I thank the higher powers that there are people like DOG and his family out there! Is he a bit different? YES, is he becoming a celebrity? YES, are others jealous and picking at his turned-around history to try and put him down? DEFINITELY.........Does that stop him? Heck NO......he's managed to make lemon aide with the lemons he picked earlier in life...........hes a devoted father....a great business man and is getting his message out there that crime doesnt pay.........

and to be honest? I also think they are quite entertaining .......

Minta

so what he's an ex-con!! he is doing some thing good with his life,that's more then i can say for most ex-cons and i've known several ex-cons..
    let him be,and let him do his work "he is good"..

david

To All:

The discussion in here is great. I think that people like Dog, who can turn their lives around, should be given a chance.

If you have not noticed, Dog the bounty hunter works for Dog the bail bondsman. He has the advantage of deciding who he wants to give a bond for which minimizes his risk as a bounty hunter.

I also appreciate the fact that he does not use a gun.

Isn't this the same guy that had the cajones to go across the border with a gun and all and apprehend the fugitive, Andrew Luster and was shown on TV in a Mexican jail? He's fortunate that the case had some much publicity or they would have put him under the jail for the gun offense. Carrying a gun across the border is a serious offense.

Anyway, I watched the show and it was a blast. As for his past, he has atoned for his mistakes and has turned his life around. He should be an example that there is always hope no matter who you are.

That's right David!! People should be praising him instead of knocking him!

I watch it all the time and love it.

Unhappy Hard to praise...

I find it hard to prise "Dog the Bounty Hunter". His ethics are pratically non existent and he dosen't put much effort into catching the "bad guy", he's more concerned about looking tough for the camera. Treat a man like a dog and he'll bite you like one.
    Why do we associate "evil" and "bad" with people who break the law but don't know any different? We ought to be trying to reform people, not coerce them into silent submission. These people are already volatile, to rough their feathers will just make the situation worse and they're ten times more likely to do it again after they get out of prison, and get a bit tougher to handle "Dog"-types.
    If everybody wants a good, solid Bounty Hunter to follow in the footsteps of, try Joshua Armstrong, a New Jersey bail enforcement agent who has founded the Seekers, a firm with an 85% success rate. He knows the fundamenals of catching the misguided, to have the ideal that half the world is evil and you're good (a renegade or vigilante) is a path to your own unwinding.
    Best
    KD

I watch the show when I can, and I think it is a very entertaining show.

I used to know someone in this field and its definitely not for the weak of heart.....there's a lot of risks involved and sometimes(a lot of times)it takes a lot of lying...cant get the job done by moping around....the recovery bsns is a very dangerous one and kinda dirty so, please anyone...which one is a completely clean one anyways?I've personally have watched the program before and find it very interesting and can call myself a big "dog" fan....i think hes not afraid to get the job done and he gets it done and I think he's someone to look up to...have respect for the man....

Hello All...

I have personally watched many episodes of "Dog" the Bounty Hunter. I think in that line of work you have to possess a rather cold and lying behavior....I mean come on, isn't that really what all of us here may have to do to find the information we want?! I do know that this man does have a heart as he gives every one an opportunity to do the right thing.

Have a great weekend!

I have seen the show and though i am not anyway experianced in what he does i really dont think he gives all the people he captures the resopse he does on TV. How ever bending the truth is what he has to do to get the skip tracers. He has been in prison himself and the problem is he says he does not like guns thats why he does not use them. in fact he is a convicted felon so he can not even posess a firearm. that is what i know about it and if i am wrong i will be more than happy for someone to fill me in on the details. keep in mind this is here say and there are two sides to every story.
    I guess i dont like the fact that TV is so often seen as reality. Its two differant worlds.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast