Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dog - The Bounty Hunter (Reality TV Show)

Exclamation Reality TV-Dog, the Bounty Hunter

Hey, Ya'll!!!

Heads up everybody! There's a new reality show on A & E and it's a reall goodie! Check your local listings and tune in to watch Dog, the Bounty Hunter.

Super-cool and dedicated to his family and his work, the Dog will win your heart and your respect. See the Dog, his wife and son bring in the bad-guys in beautiful Hawaii. Check it out...you'll be glad you did!!
    Susan R Roesch

Thanks, Susan, for the "heads up". Now that you mention it, I think I have seen promotions about the upcoming show, but haven't been on that channel lately. I used to never change the channel from Lifetime. Lately, I never change it from CourtTV. Thanks for the reminder.

Brenda
    "The climb to the top is arduous and long. People become exhausted, frustrated,
    and disenchanted. They often are tempted to give up. Leaders must encourage
    the heart of their followers to carry on." .....by Kouzes and Posner

Thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye out for it.

So is it a real dog or is that the bounty hunter's nickname?

Cool Har, har!!!!

Like, it's his nickname, dude.....
    Susan R Roesch

If being like him is the way to be a bounty hunter then I'll pass. Everyone seems to forget he broke the law, yes he got his man but at the cost of braking international laws. This is not someone to look up too.

Michael Harris is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Distinguished Insignio Colleague of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Gary,

You need to go back and read a little more about what Dog did in Mexico. You are selling him short.

Most bounty hunters are not like him - they are also not quite so successful.

Susan,

I caught one episode of Dog. It is nice that his bail bond business and bounty hunting business is a familty affair. Dog works the business with his wife, son, brother, and nephew. Dog is a devoted family man. He alos exhibits a strong religious (Christian) ethic. While the family is a little on the coarse side, they seem to be decent people. They clearly know right from wrong.

I noticed that Dog does not use a gun. He has an instinct that helps him avoid problems - and a wife with a good memory.

I like Dog. He is someone to look up to. Bounty hunting is a lot about lying, which is okay in context. But then, PI work is alos about lying - alot. The only thing you cannot get (legally) by pretext is financial information.

The police are allowed to lie and to push the limits of the law (even in L&O, they break the letter of the law a dozen times an episode.

No self-righteous people need apply.

Steve Degon is offline Licensed Private Investigator

Private Investigator Member
    For starters let me set things straight. I am a Fugitive Recovery agent and a member of the Fugitive Recovery Task Force, and a Private Investigator who as well does fugitive recovery work. Dog Chapman is a fool and makes all the hard working FRA(Fugitive Recovery Agents) a bad name. For one thing he is a felon himself an Ex-con and a Fugitive from the law in mexico. Everyone should write A&E and tell them to take the show off the air. People like him is why it is getting harder for good agents to keep there jobs and States are making it harder to keep working without the fear of becoming fugitives ourselfs.

Steve,

Your profession has never had such good press.

Although I have never paid much attention to Dog, I have to agree with Steve.

Some people will do whatever it takes to get the job done. Yes, lying is part of the game regardless of PI / LE / SO / BEA-FRA / FBI / CIA / DEA / ATF, they all have their moments.

But since way back when the Bounty Hunter field has had a negative impact on society. I want to become a BEA-FRA and I want to do it right. Hopefully I will get an opportunity later down the line. I totally understand the dangers involved and also how rewarding the job can be when you catch a fugitive.

Justice will be SERVED!
    "Keep On Keepin On!"

Steve McAtee
    Badge# 10053

Cool ...shouldn't throw stones.

Michael...
    I definately concur...when you have a dirty job to do, it doesn't get done by standing around mollifying and whining about it. The Dog's history is and has been public record, but I don't think anybody who has lost assets to a bail jumper would quibble about his recovery track record. If you can't learn from everybody, I don't think success is in the cards for you.
    I think Dog has made sweet lemonade from a big 'ol pile of sour lemons that he picked for himself, earlier in his youth. What better source to learn from than from your own mistakes.
    As a woman whose husband is a corrections officer in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, I can say that Dog is an example of a person who decided for himself that it is better to be on the other side of the fence, and he has carved a niche for himself and his family! You go, Dog!
    As far as Mexico is concerned, I live approximately 60 miles from the border, and I can say that if you have a bail jumper headed off in that direction, you either suck up the loss or you use your resources, and unless you have a big, fat wad of disposeable cash at hand, the Federales (officially speaking) aren't gonna be a whole lot of help to ya. There's a host of things that get "overlooked" illegal or not, when the green goes south. Life is not the same down here as it is for ya'll in the northern states.
    Susan R Roesch

Susan,

I like the way you put it. Bounty hunting is not a clean business. I do not know too many bounty hunters, and those not well. But I know the bali bondsmen they work for. Not a clean business to be in.

Cool

Michael...
    That's a very polite way to put it... and a very big "10-4" from me!
    See ya around the forums!

Denise Damazio is offline Certified

Distinguished Member: Private Investigator Member
    I am going to have to watch that show tonight as I have never seen "Dog", but it definitely sounds interesting.

Have a great evening everyone,

Denise

I was excited when I seen the previews for the show and by reading all the post both negative and positive all I can say is...." There is nothing negative about negative press because inquiring minds want to know." I'll see it tonight for the first time.

"Dog"

I watched the show for the first time and I really enjoyed it. Dog is really a character and seems like a pretty nice guy. I guess if you have been in prison it gives one a whole new perspective on dealing with criminals.

I will continue to tune in to this one.

Denise

Denise,

I am glad you liked the show. I like Dog - he has character and is a character.

For those who say he is an embassarament to the profession because of his past should remember that most small town police were two heartbeats from jail themselves.

Law enforcement or criminal justice is not the place for the pure and unsullied.

I saw the show for the first time over the weekend and I liked it. I think it's great that Dog Chapman has turned his life around, is born-again, and is a strong family man. Once he gets his bad guys he treats them with dignity. He isnt arrogant or on a power trip. AND as for Mexico they need to change their laws to work with the USA officials not against them. Mexico needs to change their communistic mentally period. The Max Factor heir ( I forgot his name) was a rapist that needed to be caught right away.

Angie,

The scumbag heir was Andrew Luster.

I like your thoughts on Dog. He is a little coarse around the edges, but he does seem to treat the fugitives with more respect than they deserve.

Michael,
    I concur with you fully. I think that it's his "not holier than thou" attitude that wins him over with the American public and makes you want to see DOG get his man.

Londrá,

You are right. Dog is one of the people. But he does not treat the bad guys as badly as they deserve. The fact that Dog's business is a family thing and that he seems to be devoted to his wife and children help make him heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan R Roesch
    Hey, Ya'll!!!
    Heads up everybody! There's a new reality show on A & E and it's a reall goodie! Check your local listings and tune in to watch Dog, the Bounty Hunter. Super-cool and dedicated to his family and his work, the Dog will win your heart and your respect. See the Dog, his wife and son bring in the bad-guys in beautiful Hawaii. Check it out...you'll be glad you did!!
    I watched it, and found it to be okay. I think with all the hype, I expected it to be better.

I am a Recovery Agent myself and in my opinion Dog stands taller than most bondsman in this field because it is not the Agents you need to look out for it's the bondsman. When an Agent performs a recovery he should get ten percent of the bond and it hard to do when the bondsman lowballs the Agent on how much it's worth.
    MAURICE BROWN
    Private Investigator - Recovery Agent

Missouri, USA

Michael A Jones is offline *** Certified
    Private Investigator Member
    Licensed Bailbondsman
    I am a Recovery agent as well and I agree with Maurice 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice A Brown
    I am a Recovery Agent myself and in my opinion Dog stands taller than most bondsman in this field because it is not the Agents you need to look out for it's the bondsman. When an Agent performs a recovery he should get ten percent of the bond and it hard to do when the bondsman lowballs the Agent on how much it's worth.
    This a serious question as I'm a newbie and just don't know.

Can't you get the true value of the bond from the courts? I would have thought it was public record.

Maurice,

You have expressed the nature of the bail bondsman well. It matches the bondsmen in my area - I do know a few.

Hello all to the fourm. I have only seen this show once. I missied last weeks show.
    I have seen "Dog" intervied on documentries on cable t.v. Reguardless of soem of the opions expressed here, I can say for myself. If I were a bail skip. I do not think I would want to go againlst the "Dog". I do not think I would win.

Everybody makes mistakes, but not everybody learns from them. Instead of judging Dog on his past, he should be
    commended for turning his life around and becoming someone who truly cares for others. He might treat criminals with more respect than some believe they deserve, but it's probably because he's walked a mile in their shoes. Since he's a Christian, he understands that he's here to help people, not judge or ridicule them. The reason there's a need for the PI business is because too many people don't live by the Golden Rule-treat others as you would like to be treated. I admire Dog for taking the time to counsel the people he apprehends. He sees them as individuals, not just recovered greenbacks. Not all criminals can be rehabilitated, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

Dog is the dog, he gets the job done. End of discussion. The ones he is after are the ones who breaks the law, he bends it a little in order to bring in the bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by LoriAnn Seim
    He might treat criminals with more respect than some believe they deserve, but it's probably because he's walked a mile in their shoes
    If you treat someone, criminal or otherwise and regardless of your personal opinion of them, with respect you have lost nothing. But, you may have planted a memory in that person that will be relived as they interact with someone else. With that said, it seems that the loss is so small and the potential gain so great it becomes a no-brainer kind of question.

I have watched the show a couple of times and Chapman certainly seems to be sending a better message than most of the garbage on TV.

I've never met a perfect person. I have however met a slew of folks who think they are. I always deal with those who do by expressing my opinion that I get the impression they believe they're perfect. Then when they deny it, ask them to explain why they believe their not perfect. Most often it leaves them speechless, which IMHO is a good thing.

LoriAnn,

Well said. Everyone deserves a second chance. While there are places where mistakes cannot be tolerated, the bounty hunting business is not one of them.

Results matter - and Dog gets results.

This guys getting more hype than the president. I don't see him as all that, but I guess for some people he's the next Dirty Harry.

Cool

I really did enjoy the past couple of episodes. Its nice to see how their family works together. On their show it shows that there is time business and time for family.

But there is others who like to disagree with this show because of Dogs past. I just want to say everyone gets a second chance in life and his second chance is doing good.

Quote Originally Posted by Erika Martin
    ... everyone gets a second chance in life and his second chance is doing good.
    Erika,

I have said many times that there are times when a mistake is unforgiveable, but this is not the case here.

Dog did some not-too-nice things in the past, but he has turned his life around (or GOD turned Dog's life around). He and his family have the bail bond business and the bounty hunting that protects the family's income. Both pieces of the business are necessary for our criminal justice system to work. Dog and family do the business the right way and no one gets hurt. I like the fact that it is a family business and that Dog is a loving father. I like little ones.

I think it is great that he took something negative in his life and turned it into something positive. Everyone makes mistakes and everyone deserves a second chance in life.

Denise

Over the last few weeks that I have been watching the DOG! I have gained the utmost respect for him.

YES, it is a TV series likes COPS and I am sure the episodes filmed are lesser cases - each case has it's danger in it's own. The ONE and only reason why my mind changed about the DOG is: He treats the fugitives with respect. Yes he has a job to do and they do NOT want to go back to jail but the law is the law.

Once he has them apprehended he then treats them pretty nice compared to some LE/SO's. He try's to instill some WORDS into them to hopefully make them change there ways.

Everyone (Almost everyone) deserves a second chance. He has done things in his past that were less than desirable but as for the murder wrap he was not guilty but did the 18 months or whatever - so I hear!

I hope they keep filming episodes.

Here's to you DOG! ( U Da Man! )

This is a great show, it has me highly motivated to do this type of work! I am waiting for my fugitive recovery kit to come in the mail to get started. There is another bounty hunter program starting on HBO soon, too!

The DOG is da man!!!!

Vincent Sasso

Question

What kind of kit are you talking about that is coming in the mail and what is in this kit may I ask please.

Fugitive recovery kit

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice A Brown
    What kind of kit are you talking about that is coming in the mail and what is in this kit may I ask please.
    Go to this link: Click Here

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast