Thread: ARKANSAS LAW: Bail Recovery Agent

Anthony Bridgestone is offline Professional Services Dept

International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Founded in 1989
    [b]H.B. 1163, enacted April 15, 1999. Only licensed bail agents, private investigators, or law enforcement officers, or people who have 2 years of actual work as a licensed investigator, bond agent, or law enforcement officer can seek and arrest fugitives.

Such person must be at least 21 years of age, have no felony record, and notify the local police of his presence and provide them with the defendant’s name, charges, and suspected location.

ANTHONY BRIDGESTONE
    Professional Support Services

Question wanting to be a bounty hunter in arkansas

i am an active citicen in my home town and would like information as to how i can join in and help my community in bringing in absconders in my area any help would be much needed and appreciated.. my e-mail is as follows
    ronejohn1@hotmail.com

thanks

Liz Mason - is offline Private Investigator Forum Member
    Sponsored by:
    Blog Entries

Re: ARKANSAS LAW: Bail Recovery Agent

From Internet Resource:
    No one may represent his or herself as a Bounty Hunter in Arkansas. However, certain individuals are allowed to arrest bail fugitives: licensed bondsman from the state where the bond was issued, licensed peace officers, and licensed private investigators or people under their direct supervision. While there is no such thing as a Bounty Hunter, it is possible to arrest fugitives in return for bail in one of these occupations.

How to Become a Bounty Hunter in Arkansas

To become a licensed bondsman in Arkansas you must be a resident of the state employed by a licensed bail bond company. One must also provide three character references, fingerprints, a background check, and pay a $100 annual fee. An exam is also required alongside 8 hours of formal education in “pertinent subjects”. Training is thus essential to becoming a bail bondsman in Arkansas.

Becoming a licensed peace officer in Arkansas can be achieved through avenues such as local and state police, both of which have their own academies for training. You must be at least 21 years of age and have a high school diploma or GED to apply.

Licensing for private investigators can only be applied for from the Arkansas State Police after two years of documented investigation experience. Applicants must also pass the state board exam.

Other Bounty Hunting Requirements in Arkansas

Bondsman, peace officers, and private investigators in Arkansas must be 21 years of age and not a felon. When pursuing a fugitive, a bondsman must also let the local police know he is in the area and “provide them with the defendant’s name, charges, and suspected location.” It is important to note that it is illegal to represent oneself as a Bounty Hunter in Arkansas. One must be licensed as one of the aforementioned professionals and identify themselves as such.