Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: IPIU Membership got me an extra $2/hour Raise!

great job. keep up the work

W Kotz is offline Licensed Private Investigator
    Private Investigator Forum Member

Professional Management Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Eloisa, thanks for sharing your experience with us. I was going to complement you on the $2.00/hr raise but after reading on I better say thank you for your idea of adding IPIU to the resume - before getting the assignments. Of course getting additional pay doesn’t hurt either. Keep us posted. Thanks

Thanks for the information Ill keep that in mind. Job well done!

Matt

Eloisa,
    It is so nice that you were looked at and picked for your assignment. I have read some negative posts and it is very encouraging when you see posts like yours. Good luck with your assignments!
    Roberta
    AKA Robin

Congrads to you. Best of luck and continued success on your assignments.

Melinda Mclendon
    Badge# (work in progress)

Eloisa Mooney,

Congradulations May God continue to bless you..

Stacy Moll

New Forum Member

I was very pleased to read how IPIU helped several people in this forum get jobs and greater pay. From the moment I started this process, I knew that Private Investigating was were I was suppose to be, but even with that feeling, there are times that I need words of encouragement and it is nice to read all the positive things happening to people in this field.
    Thanks and good luck to all.

Eloisa Mooney is offline Certified

Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum
    To all who have commented and sent me more blessings than I can count, "Thank you".

I have had such good luck by putting on my resume: IPIU Member since April 2004, I have completed (example of number) of assignments to date. I am certified as a (example only) Federal Anti-Piracy Investigator (example date). Background check and fingerprint card have been completed as of (example date).

I have been getting calls from companies that need someone who has a clean background and this information included in my resume is an eye catcher.

Please know that the above paragraph is informational only and offered to you as an idea only should you decide to also put this information on your resume.

Take care all.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Scheel
    Hey, WOW, that is super. How many resumes did you send out. Was it the first one you sent for PI? I can't wait until I hit level 4.
    Specific details are covered in the private Level 4 union members area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin M Ellefsen
    Can anyone tell me how and where to include the PI jobs that you get on your resume? My resume has been filled with retail management for years and it is probably very important as to where and how the PI work is presented....thanks
    Specific details are covered in the private Level 4 union members area.

Good Luck and Blessings

Quote Originally Posted by Eloisa Mooney
    To all who have commented and sent me more blessings than I can count, "Thank you".
    Eloisa,
    Thanks for giving us the encouragement and information. I have been out of the loop a bit lately as my job is extra busy in the Summer months. I have been reading lots of info but have not been posting much. A few months ago you replied to my introduction and I wanted to say a late thank you - it was much appreciated! Good luck to you.
    Irene Smith

Thumbs up Inspration!!

Ms. Mooney,

Thanks for the tip. I was inspired to know you've been a meneber since April and has progressed rapidly.

Cassandra pack

Eloisa,
    Congratulations and thanks for the information, I'll make sure to remember this.

Zaida

Distinguished Member:
    [QUOTE=Irene Smith]

Eloisa,
    Thanks for giving us the encouragement and information. I have been out of the loop a bit lately as my job is extra busy in the Summer months. I have been reading lots of info but have not been posting much. A few months ago you replied to my introduction and I wanted to say a late thank you - it was much appreciated! Good luck to you.
    Irene Smith
    Irene,

Thank you for your kind remarks.

Eloisa

Thumbs up

Congratulations!! That news is a huge inspiration to us all. Best wishes to you and much success.

B Ann Craig - is offline Administrative Forum Trainer

Sr. Certified Distinguished Member:
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan Yee
    This is in reference what has been "Edited."

I did not ask the name of the agency. So how can my general questions about benefits, vacation, 401-k plan be SUPPRESSED as "Level 4 forum questions." C'mon, what is so PRIVATE about mentioning company benefits, unless somebody has been living under a rock or on a deserted island?? I don't BELIEVE my questions were irrespectful.

So can the Editor please stand up and address my ISSUE. INQUIRING MINDS WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE LEARNING...
    Susan, there had to be something that pertained to level 4. If you would like to ask the same information in the proper level 4 forum, someone will give you an answer. Other then this advice, I do not have a clue as to what information you wish to find. Good luck in the level 4 forums.

Have a wonderful weekend. Take care.

Distinguished Member:
    Thanks Catherine.

Thank you for the valuable information. It will be helpful for me along the road to success in PI.

Former Protective Services Agent - US Army
    International Private Investigator

Executive Agency Owner Member - IPIU
    Eloisa,

Congratulations, and thank you for the inspiring and educational tips! Good luck in your future assignments.

That is very encouraging! I am new. I am seeing these forums for the first time and all the positivity is great!

These are great testimonials. I hope to gain more experiance as a PI trainee in the next couple of months. I look forward to more assignments.

Hello,

I would like to thank all contributors for inspiring me to continue on my journey to become a very "active" PI. I look forward to sharing my success stories too.

Sincerely,
    Michelle

Tammy Rose is offline Moderator (On Leave of Absence)

Distinguished Member:
    Well Eloisa that was an encouraging piece of work. I can't wait until I can share such a story with everyone. Keep up the good work.

YOU GO GIRL! TJ

Distinguished Member:
    Quote Originally Posted by LaTonya Talton
    What type of assignments are most of you receiving? I suppose it just varies.
    LaTonya,

You are correct, it varies. Almost all of my assignment have been connected to the Agencies that go through IPIU, I have only recently started doing assignments for friends/family who require my help.

The most rewarding two assignments I have had resulted in finding a thief who was stealing and was caught in the act and the other was finding a thief who was hiding and owed a lot of money to mortgage customers. I consider all the other assignments to have been some great training for me that assisted me in my two great catches.

So far my journey has been great and I love this work.

Eloisa

Just wanted everyone to know how important it is to keep your resume update with your International Private Investigators Union Assignments and Membership Activity!

I recently applied for a position with one of the Agencies IPIU refers us to in the Level 4 member forums. I was given a quick call and an interview with the hiring manager who happened to mention that "my resume stuck out". I prompted him for what it was that caught his eye. He said he noticed the IPIU referred assignments I had included in my resume, and he wanted to know if I was still available for work.

He offered me the regular pay, PLUS an additional $2 more per hour.

That extra $2 per hour (for just one monthly check alone) more than pays for my entire IPIU yearly membership!

Take it from me, the International Private Investigators Union will pay off for you too!

Eloisa
    Congrads that what I love to hear, great stories like that, when people or happy in the world it make me happy. I have one quick question. How did you format it in you resume. Did make another topic underneith Skills and put Assignments? If you dont mind I would love to see you resume so I can get a few pointers on how to do mine, when I start my PI training and work.

Distinguished Member:

I have had such good luck by putting on my resume: IPIU Member since April 2004, I have completed (example of number) of assignments to date. I am certified as a (example only) Federal Anti-Piracy Investigator (example date). Background check and fingerprint card have been completed as of (example date).

Please know that the above paragraph is informational only and offered to you as an idea only should you decide to also put this information on your resume.
    Peter and David,

The above information (as simple as it may appear) is on my resume right after my personal information. This forum is set up for testimonials only and getting into resume set up/writting is in another forum.

The information I provided on my resume to potential was set up by me to let them know that "Yes I am a trainee but I have already gone through a screening process by IPIU and I have taken on various types of assignments". This was the eye catcher for employers. And because I had invested in my own future by aquiring a Union Memebership through IPIU it showed I had a steak in the process.

Hope this helps.

Eloisa

Your the second inspirational post I read to today. By my definition it has been a long wait but deep inside I know it is well worth it. So I will continue on learning and hopefully I will get the call to the major leagues. I've learned so much already and in some other forums its been a great refresher course, I can't wait to access Level 4.

Congratulations Eloisa you are an inspiration for me, since I am just starting out. Thanks for good news.

Thanks Eloisa for the helpful info.
    Peter

That is great Eloisa. Congrats!

Distinguished Member:
    You are all welcome. Just wondering how many of you have actually put the fact that you have a membership with IPIU on your resume? It was the reason my resume stuck out and it single handedly pushed me over the top for the hiring manager reviewing the stack of applicants. Who knew my membership would mean so much? Who knew the hiring manager knew of IPIU, but he did.

It boils down to this, my membership showed I "invested" in myself and it carried enormous weight when I was compared to the other applicants.

That was priceless!

Hi Eloisa, Thank you so much for your encouraging words. I wondered if I should put IPIU on my resume but thanks to you now I know for sure and I will continue to update my resume... Good luck in your exciting assignment.

Tami

Eloisa,

Most encouraged to hear of hiring in Colorado. And "good on ya" for the raise. I hope to read more about your successes, and maybe even a little about opertunities here in Colorado (I suppose that may mean I need to pay for a membership).

All Best,
    SHANE FLESHER
    Licensed Private Investigator(CO#20041065550 )
    Colorado

great news.

Distinguished Member:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Flesher
    Eloisa,

Most encouraged to hear of hiring in Colorado. And "good on ya" for the raise. I hope to read more about your successes, and maybe even a little about opertunities here in Colorado (I suppose that may mean I need to pay for a membership).

All Best,
    Thanks Shane. Getting a membership with IPIU is totally optional for you but it helped me to have one when I went to apply for a job with one of the agencies. Think it over, but there are no negatives to being a member, only positives.

Once I became a member, I also signed up for the "Colorado Program" which may shuffle more assignments my way along with a solid connection to an investigative firm that allows me to put their name, address and phone number on my business cards and have access to a secretary and a conference room.

Take care

Hi Eloisa,

Great job sounds like you are off to a great start. Give's the rest of us some hope for the future

Since I am just getting started in this field I know there will be a lot of down time. So in that down time I am going to use your advice and make sure that I put IPIU member in my resume. Thanks!

I am learning that being in this field and also being a newbie, it will require a plenty of our patience. But, it will pay off in a long run.

Thumbs up

Eloisa,

That is great news. It is encouraging to hear you may be paid more than you were expecting. Congratulations.

Katrina

I am also one of the IT field people who hardly have anything else on their resume. Have to remember to update mine as I start getting assignments!

Bob

sounds like you work for an astute boss

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast