Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: She used to laugh at me. Now I have my own Firm!

Re: She used to laugh at me. Now I have my own Firm!

Richard, Good for you! Negativity is what you stay away from when you want to be successful in any endeavor. Stay positive.

Sharron

Mark Messare - is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Corporate Agency Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

I love this story and this thread. I have had the experience similar to richard where I ignore the negative comments and trust God to finish in me what he has began. When I began to dream about Private Law Enforcement I was a martial arts student and I had others tell me I would never become anything with my kungfu 0000. I now own a Martial arts studio in NY.

Next, my brother and I began to get a vision for our company and learn about private investigation and again people said we wouldnt be able to be successful. We signed up to take a bail enforcement certification in 2003, incorporated and then found out that we couldnt do anything in NY without a PI's license and we couldnt get that without 20 years of law enforcement or 3 years of FT investigation in NY.

Then the rumors about what I was trying to do got around at my hospital security job and I got put on 1 week suspension without pay. My wife thought I was crazy too and because I ended up losing my job we split up and I was in a tight spot.

Five years later I can say that God has truly fulfilled what he promised me, just like the Joseph story in the Bible. After two years of separation me and my wife and 3 kids are together again. I work as a NYS Peace officer at a military base and now have just gotten sponsored by a PI firm that has agencies in 3 states.

I decided Id take the PI test in NY just for laughs and I passed that too. I can only say thanks to organizations like IPIU and people who dont give up on dreamers like me.

Thanks

Mark.

Arthur Jackson - is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Professional Management Member of:

Richard you are the MAN. That's really encouraging for those that have doubts that this program could work, I ran a clinic for twenty years and I know what it is to put in the work. There is a saying man: "The harder I work the lucker I get". And you're still young, you are to be admired. Thanks for your Courage...Aj

Ralph Bongivonni is offline Private Investigator
    Licensed Corporate PI Agency Owner

What a great outcome for you Richard. For anyone that has had setbacks, I just want to let you know to stay with what makes you happy, and eventually, the tides can turn in your favor.

I have owned and operated my business since March 2002. There have been many, many months where I have had to use my own money to stay afloat because the business just wasn't there. I have other months that I only made as little as $8.00 after paying the bills. But the pride comes from those times that I find an extreme appreciation in making a difference in others lives knowing I have helped them.

To all that venture into this field I would ask only one thing..be honest. There have been many people I have encountered in this job field that are crooked and dishonest. To these people, making the money is the only priority and they do not care how they acquire it. I have also watched others attempt to do this job and fail due their lack of professionalism.

I have sustained and maintained being in this business because of one important thing..word of mouth. It doesn't matter the amount I have put into advertising, because my reputation spreads bigger and farther from referrrals. I will not try to pretend I am someone to give advice or instruct others on how to run a business, but the way I run my own shows incredible results.

When someone walks away feeling like you are a very trustworthy individual, passing along their story of doing business with you always follows. Make sure the story they pass along will make others want to seek you out.

I wish the very best for everyone.

Richard Moschetti Jr is offline *** Certified
    Licensed Private Investigator, Retired LEO

Professional Member of:

My wife is the most negative person on the planet. She says I wasted my money getting my C Private Investigator License, joining IPIU and anything else that has to do with Private Investigation. She thinks I should just apply for Lt. and Capt. at DOC but then she'll complain about the hours and not enough money.

Arthur Jackson - is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Well Richard, I suggest that you make this thing work. Some people are
    just made that way, that's what makes them great, they give us our
    balance. You have all of us standing with you. I spent some time in
    the Marine Corp., and this program seems to be "Semper Fi": Always
    Faithful. Don't you love these forums, we meet great people! hang
    in there. Aj

Wes Williams is offline **** Certified SPI
    Licensed Private Investigator

International Private Investigartors Union (IPIU)

Way to go Richard. After working in corrections for thiry years I decided it was time for a change. Although I can live comfortably on my retirement and annuity, I decided to get into the PI field. I guess I still need some excitement in my life. I am not looking to get rich or famous, but to try and make the world a better place.

Kevin Urbanczyk-- is offline *** (E)
    PI Agency Corporation Owner

Professional Management Member:

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Williams View Post
    I am not looking to get rich or famous, but to try and make the world a better place.
    Same here ..

William Brassfield is offline Moderator::
    (On Leave of Absence)

Sr. Distinguished Member:
    Member since 2002

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Williams View Post
    I am not looking to get rich or famous, but to try and make the world a better place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Urbanczyk View Post
    Same here ..
    That goes for me too. But if both should happen, well......

I agree that it's not about the money that would motivate someone to get involved in this industry. However money helps to pay the bills, and Im not against making a living. The biggest reason I like this industry is to be able to be a part of a team that is helping put a stop to bully's. That falls into the same reasons why I do martial arts. I believe in a nation "for the people by the people" and that we all need to help each other to keep our place a free nation.

Richard Moschetti Jr is offline *** Certified
    Licensed Private Investigator, Retired LEO

Professional Member of:

As of 5-8-2009 I am OFFICIALLY RETIRED from Law Enforcement. 23 Years takes a toll on the body. Now it's time to relax and enjoy life!!!

Congratulations !!! Enjoy, you've earned it !

Mark.

Raul Lopez-- is offline *** Certified SPI
    Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Greiner View Post
    I want to drop by and say HI to everyone and say Thanks to IPIU and also to the Friends on here that encouraged me to Join IPIU and stick to the PI field.

Now I am 25 and started my own firm - yeah - I run it out of my home, but it's something to look at and say - "hey you did it, you fulfilled your dreams of becoming PI."

At first it was rough and I thought I wasn't going to make it but somehow I stuck through it - yeah, had doors slammed in my face and got hung up on by other firms - but you know what? It just made me want to do it more, so I keep on going and never stop.

I am working under two of the biggest Integrity Investigation firms (Mystery Shopping companies), and last week they offered me to take over the assignments for them in my Area and I gladly told them yes - and couldn't believe it. And after I hung up I couldn't help myself - I just started to almost cry, it was worth the wait and getting put down by others saying you're not going to make it or you can't do it.

I had a family member also told me at one time to get a real job and there was no future in the road I was taking. But I just saw this person last week and she asked, "Are you still doing your stupid PI work that’s not getting you anywhere?"

I couldn't help myself but to break out with the biggest laugh and said, "Honey, I want to thank you for telling me I wasn't going to make it and I want to show you something." I pulled out a CHECK that was written by a client of mine and said, "Now, come again?" and all she said was, "well um" and I said "That’s what I thought!" and took my check back and said thank you, and walked away.

Well, I just wanted to drop by and say Hi. I've been so busy lately I haven’t had time to get on the forum for a while.

Thanks my friends!
    I am living for that date where i can post this same thread! Congratulations my friend and beleive me when i say this to you, people like yourself give me the will and desire to push THAT MUCH farther!! Thank you for your post!

Hey Richard!

Stories like yours and remembering how far “I” have come, gives me faith that if you want something bad enough and you work hard enough, it will be yours.

Do for yourself and for the ones you love most and you will go wherever your heart desires.

Thank you for sharing your story. I appreciate being able to relate with your post. Great job with your firm and I wish you all the best in the future,

Leia

Danny Guda is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

More power to you and more power to you,,,

that's very important never give up...great things is ahead ...

take care and good luck
    dannyguda

Paul Abernathy is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Hello All,

Very inspiring story. However, it was many, many, many years ago and a recession away. It would be interesting to hear an update on how Richard is doing today with his company.

Michael Newman is offline Licensed Private Investigator
    Certified

Corporate Agency Associate Member of:

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Abernathy View Post
    Hello All,

Very inspiring story. However, it was many, many, many years ago and a recession away. It would be interesting to hear an update on how Richard is doing today with his company.
    I have not spoken to Richard recently, but when I did we both shared the same criticism in the early days. For myself, there were ups and downs until I finally got my time management together, but the fools who laughed at me are all on unemployment, drugs, alcohol, or battling ex-spouses, child support, wayward children, or a host of other maladies and unhappiness that comes with raining on someone's dream or parade.

As Frank Sinatra said, the best revenge is massive success.
    Michael Newman
    Licensed Private Investigator

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5