Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: She used to laugh at me. Now I have my own Firm!

She used to laugh at me. Now I have my own Firm!

I want to drop by and say HI to everyone and say Thanks to IPIU and also to the Friends on here that encouraged me to Join IPIU and stick to the PI field.

Now I am 25 and started my own firm - yeah - I run it out of my home, but it's something to look at and say - "hey you did it, you fulfilled your dreams of becoming PI."

At first it was rough and I thought I wasn't going to make it but somehow I stuck through it - yeah, had doors slammed in my face and got hung up on by other firms - but you know what? It just made me want to do it more, so I keep on going and never stop.

I am working under two of the biggest Integrity Investigation firms (Mystery Shopping companies), and last week they offered me to take over the assignments for them in my Area and I gladly told them yes - and couldn't believe it. And after I hung up I couldn't help myself - I just started to almost cry, it was worth the wait and getting put down by others saying you're not going to make it or you can't do it.

I had a family member also told me at one time to get a real job and there was no future in the road I was taking. But I just saw this person last week and she asked, "Are you still doing your stupid PI work that’s not getting you anywhere?"

I couldn't help myself but to break out with the biggest laugh and said, "Honey, I want to thank you for telling me I wasn't going to make it and I want to show you something." I pulled out a CHECK that was written by a client of mine and said, "Now, come again?" and all she said was, "well um" and I said "That’s what I thought!" and took my check back and said thank you, and walked away.

Well, I just wanted to drop by and say Hi. I've been so busy lately I haven’t had time to get on the forum for a while.

Thanks my friends!

Congrats to you Richard!

Job well done and Keep on Keepin on!

Do NOT ever let anyone tell you that you CAN'T!

"Keep On Keepin On!"

Steve McAtee
    Badge# 10053

Good Deal Richard! Keep on doing what you're doing and keep up the good work!

Hello Richard,

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Greiner

At first it was rough and I thought I wasn't going to make it but somehow I stuck through it - yeah, had doors slammed in my face and got hung up on by other firms - but you know what? It just made me want to do it more, so I keep on going and never stop.

I am working under two of the biggest Integrity Investigation firms (Mystery Shopping companies), and last week they offered me to take over the assignments for them in my Area and I gladly told them yes - and couldn't believe it. And after I hung up I couldn't help myself - I just started to almost cry, it was worth the wait and getting put down by others saying you're not going to make it or you can't do it.
    Thanks so much for sharing that. I have been in network marketing for several years, and have seen so many people give up because they listened to the "pukies" in their world. I am a firm believer that if you want something bad enough, and you work at it hard enough, you will have it. Don't ever let anyone steal your dreams!

To others reading this, set your goals high, stay focused and go for it. Never, ever listen to the "pukies". Believe in yourself.

Several years ago my daughter was talking about a home business she was working, and I was very impressed with her success. She said to me, "Mom, hang with people who are millionaires, and pretty soon you are one! Never, ever listen to people who say it can't be done."

What she was saying here was "Associate yourself with people who have been successful. Learn from them, follow their lead, and you will realize your goals." I learned a lot from my daughter that day.

These forums give all of us the opportunity to associate with the successful. Listen to people who have been there, done that. Ignore comments from others.

Richard, I know that it gave you a great sense of satisfaction to show her that check! I look forward to being able to do the same thing with some people. I haven't even mentioned what I am doing to some family members...I am waiting until I have the check in hand and then mention it.

Make it happen!
    Brenda Templin
    "The climb to the top is arduous and long. People become exhausted, frustrated,
    and disenchanted. They often are tempted to give up. Leaders must encourage
    the heart of their followers to carry on." .....by Kouzes and Posner

Lisa Frye - is offline Certified SPI
    Licensed Private Investigator

Moderator (On Leave of Absence)
    Sr. Distinguished Union Member
    Bravo Richard!

It's always great to hear others successful stories. I'm so happy for you and wish to join you in my own successes one day soon. Keep up the great work! Hold your head up and take pride.

Those who believe....succeed!!

Lisa
    Last edited by Lisa Frye -; 08-27-2004 at 09:52 PM.

I agree with the previous comments. Your story is very encouraging to those of us who are new to this arena.

Thanks for sharing your experience,
    Benita

Richard.. It shows to us newbies what to look foward too. Encouragement is what we all need and with your comment proves there is a way!

John

YEAHHHH Richard!!!! Congrads on hanging in there. Reading about the great outcome you have had by not giving up is very inspiring. I am still a newbie and with your success It helps me stay focused and willing to keep on going.

Keep up the good work

Melinda Mclendon

Dear Richard,

Just wanted to say congratulations on your sucess, and wish you continued new business in the future!
    Gay

Congrats!

What a great story! Thanks so much for sharing, that is extremely encouraging for us "youngins". Good luck with your new responsibilities and enjoy being your own boss. Can't wait to get there myself~ Dory

Richard,

AWESOME, AWESOME.

My family and friends think all of this is SO silly. They asked me, "You're not really going to go investigate something are you?" YOU bet I am! This is the type of work I can be passionate about.

Thank you for sharing your story, it was a sanity check for me.

Hey Richard. the first four letters of your name don't just spell anything, it describes your life style soon. Way to go boss!

Richard,

Thanks for sharing your success story. Those of us who are new to the investigation busines can use all the inspiration we can get. Keep up the great job and let us know if you need any help. Congrats.

Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio Crosley
    Hey Richard. the first four letters of your name don't just spell anything, the describe your life style soon. Way to go boss!
    Antonio,

Funny, I look at names the same way. Seeing what is embedded in the obvious.

Well, I thought about my last name, then adding Private Investigator in front of it - using initial only

P.I.G.

CONGRAULATIONS
    IF POSSIBLE ONE OF THESE DAYS I ALSO AM TRYING TO OPEN MY PI FIRM, AND IF YOU DON'T MINE YOU CAN GIVE ME SOME LEAD WAY TO GET TO THE POINT YOU ARE NOW.

LASONDRA

That's great Richard. To reach that point had to be like the summit of your personal Everest. I'm brand new and can't wait to get started. Accounts like yours really help. Thank you.

Yep, wife thinks I've lost my mind, said I'm going to get shot. I can't wait till I hand her my first check with a big smile on my face.

Thanks so much for sharing your success story Richard! It is very encouraging and gives everyone wanting to be in PI work something to reach for and stive for!
    Continued success in your work!

Diana

Keep Plugging

Very good , well done at what you set mind on , do not let anyone under estimate what you can do if you apply your knowledge correctly Have a great one Good luck

Way to go Richard

Super job Richard!! It seems like many successful people like you have been told similar things by family members and friends. Unfortunately these negative and pessimistic naysayers influence weaker people. Your "can do" attitude and persistence is paying off. And this is just the beginning for you. I'm new and am encouraged by success stories such as yours. Thank you for sharing! Have a great day!!

Thumbs up Great Story

Great story Richard it makes me want to try even harder to make it.

Thanks

Richard,

Congrats!!! That is a great story.

Denise Damazio is offline Certified

Distinguished Member: Private Investigator Member

Smile Thanks so much!

Richard,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your success story. It means alot to those of us just starting out, to hear that if you really want something bad enough you can make it happen!

Wishing you much continued success!

Denise

Richard,

Thank you so much for the informaton. I am waiting to receive my manual so I have plenty of time to read, read and oh did I say read?

This is where my passion is Integrity Investigation and Workmens Comp/Insurance Fraud.

You must be walking prouder than ever -- this is truly a Mastercard moment -- PRICELESS.

William Brassfield is offline Moderator::
    (On Leave of Absence)

Sr. Distinguished Member:
    Member since 2002
    THERE MAY BE 2 OR MORE PAGES
    to this Topic!

Make sure you click on the Page Number at
    the bottom or top of this Topic.

Richard;
    After having read your post, all I can say is:

OUTSTANDING!

Well now, I think we've found something you do well!
    Will Brassfield

Where there's a will, there's a way......and I'm Will

Visit our New Home Page: www.ipiu.org

Visit our New Bookstore: www.privateinvestigators.cc

Flora Porter is offline * Certified SPI
    Distinguished Member of Private Investigators Forum

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Budde
    Can't say just where I am, but no, it's not Florida!
    Hello Fred,

Hope you are doing your thing way from Florida's furry.
    However im glad you are able to keep in contact with IPIU.

See you around in the forums.

Flora

Hi Richard,

Your success story was terrific! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. It gives me hope!

April

Richard,

That's wonderful that you've accomplished so much since only joining IPIU in Oct of last year!!! I had to convince my husband that this was a legitimate organization and I hope and pray that my warrants/photo credentials get done before my placement deadline!!! That's MY only challenge so far!!

Best of luck and keep us POSTED!!

Richard
    Great story and keep up the great work
    Cheero
    Elwood...now where did I put the Blues mobile?

Cool Ny Pi.

Richard, that’s a great story!

That’s what we all should do in this field. Do not give up and believe in ourselves because a lot of times you just want to leave it all because of few bad cases where you almost got into accident, lost a subject or got into an arguments with neighbors.
    Keep up a good work and good luck to you!!!

Sometimes a little healthy anger is not a bad thing, as far as being a motivating factor. Congratulations and thank you for sharing.
    mw

Great job Richard! I needed that story of hope and success. I've been told to forget my dream and live the way everyone else wants me to. You gave me the hope and drive that if I stick to my gut and go for the gold I will get it.

Best wishes and good luck!

hey Richard that's the way to handle the situation with the girl. Your where im going to work hard to be at. I would like to open my own firm also an know this is the opportunity for me to do it. Keep up the good work. And wish you get even further in your dreams.

Red face Toni White

Hey Richard,
    Great job! Your check might be however much you got, but to "shut up" the negativity is "priceless". I too hope to fulfill my dreams one day and I will. With the three "Ds" anything is possible.

Dedication, Discipline, and Desire

Congrats!

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Greiner
    I want to drop by and say HI to everyone and say Thanks to IPIU and also to the Friends on here that encouraged me to Join IPIU and stick to the PI field.

Now I am 25 and started my own firm - yeah - I run it out of my home, but it's something to look at and say - "hey you did it, you fulfilled your dreams of becoming PI."

I had a family member also told me at one time to get a real job and there was no future in the road I was taking. But I just saw this person last week and she asked, "Are you still doing your stupid PI work that’s not getting you anywhere?"

I couldn't help myself but to break out with the biggest laugh and said, "Honey, I want to thank you for telling me I wasn't going to make it and I want to show you something." I pulled out a CHECK that was written by a client of mine and said, "Now, come again?" and all she said was, "well um" and I said "That’s what I thought!" and took my check back and said thank you, and walked away.

Well, I just wanted to drop by and say Hi. I've been so busy lately I haven’t had time to get on the forum for a while.

Thanks my friends!
    Richard I had to take a minute to thank you for your letter! I SOOO needed to hear that!

I have gotten to the point where I stopped talking about what I was doing because I couldn’t stand being laughed at. Don't get me wrong, I don't take one thing they say to heart, I KNOW what I want and I KNOW I'm going to get it! But sometimes I just need to hear someone else say that they made it.

I'm going to print your letter and hang it where I can see it everyday, and who knows maybe our paths will cross somewhere... maybe at the BANK!

Good luck in all you do and thanks again for the encouragement!

Barbara,

I read Richard's letter awhile back and was very proud of this young man of 25 sticking in there and not letting his family and friends influence him.

He has jumped the biggest hurdle now and things will start flowing for him. And you will do the same thing. It's going to motivate you by having his letter pinned to your wall as a constant reminder.

I'm older and getting ready to retire. When I mention to people at work what I'll be doing after retiring, they don't say anything negative, but I get non-verbal reactions and the feeling they are thinking - "Why is he doing this? Is he crazy?" It's hard for them to think of the positives - like the opportunity to learn something new and exciting, having a job with a certain degree of independence, and keeping active while at the same time supplementing retirement income. And many of them don't realize that PI work can just get into a person's blood. But that's okay.

Thank You!!
    I was just thinking today that maybe this was a crazy idea and I should abandon the idea. You have now inspired me to stick with my dreams and give it my all.
    I appreciate your story.

great going Richard and keep up the great work. Brenda I'm right with you. I too am waiting to tell my friends and family for fear of them trying to discourage me.

Richard,

What a wonderful story. I hope others who feel that its hard and/or they are not recieving support from others will read your wonderful letter.

I am in my own business and know how hard it is to get a business started and then to keep it going. I am now going into my 3rd year, Servicing Limousines and life is sooooo good. On top of that, going back into Investigating Accidents which is my first true love, well, I am so glad that I live in America.....Only in America

Good Luck to you

Cheero
    Elwood

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast