Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Training & Assignments a Big Hit

Glenn,

Worry not, for that has even been said by myself!!!

I think I'm more concerned now that I might give myself away if a suspect sees my name! hee hee!

Now if someone can help me work it into a logo - now you're talking!

Have a great night and keep smiling!

Re: Glenn,

Originally posted by Diana Declue
    Worry not, for that has even been said by myself!!!

I think I'm more concerned now that I might give myself away if a suspect sees my name! hee hee!

Now if someone can help me work it into a logo - now you're talking!

Have a great night and keep smiling!
    Thanks, Dianna. Gee, and I thought all Rhode Islanders were stuffy! :P

I want to receive my manuel and test too.

Thanks,
    Mike L.

You will get your manual and test when you send in your dues for IPIU membership as well as your signed Code of Ethics. Patience, my friend!

I'm waiting. Just wondering when do you need to pay for dues.

Thanks,
    Mike L.

Karen McQuilken is offline Private Investigators Forum Member

Member since 2003:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Clinton- Dang, you went throught a lot to get your fingerprints. i am happy to say they are not as strict her in Florida. i was very lucky the day I went (morning) and was in and out within 15 minutes. The hard part was finding a walgreens that had a passport photo that was WORKING!! LOL Good luck to you as well. How is Ca???
    Karen McQuilken

Badge# 7016

Thanks for the tips everyone. I'm still waiting on my training manual. Tick tock, tick tock!

Mary how about this!

Mary,

While I was waiting I was reading and reading and reading and now I'm still waiting and reading and reading and reading. One of the things I enjoy the most is that I have found some wonderful friends on the forums. Let me not forget that I have learned a lot of things on the forums.

Tick, Tock, Tick until you clock out or read, and read and read, until you learn something.

Welcome aboard Mary and I'm looking forward to reading more of your post and learning along with you how this whole things works.

Clinton

I'm waiting for mine as well. I was told that I should receive my stuff on Jan 23.

Thanks,
    Mike L.

Michael Harris is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Distinguished Insignio Colleague of:
    Mary,

Welcome to the IPIU and the IPIU forums. We do not bite (actually, I do but no one has ever complained). You should join us more often.

I did not receive an e-mail notification that you had posted in the Introduction's Lounge. When you post there (soon I hope), the members will know that you are loose in in the forums. Then you just have to wait a few hours (a day at the most) and the Moderators and other more experienced members will give you some great advice - links to the forums basics.

My only personal advice is to read, read, read, reread, comment, read, comment, read some more, and have some fun.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

thanks angela....

Clinton and Michael Levy,

We'll play the waiting game together! I'm going to dedicate set times to read each day to get thru all of these forums. I'll look for your comments along the way!

Michael Harris,

Thanks for your welcome note. I actually did my intro email a month or so ago but didn't realize at the time that I could respond to the kind welcome emails to me. Each user group have different protocols and I'm now finally grasping IPIU's.

Cheers,

Mary

David Copeland is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Sponsored by:
    Originally posted by Michael Levy
    I'm waiting. Just wondering when do you need to pay for dues.

Thanks,
    Mike L.

Email usa@ipiu.org and ask them if you can prepay your union dues to expedite your manual and PI Magazine Subscription. Or, you can continue to go through fingerprinting and processing and wait until after you are credentialed to take care of your union dues.

Union Membership Dues Options can also be paid online here:
    http://www.privateinvestigators.cc/i...40d23c1791ac92

TO ALL:

Please keep your comments here on-topic and try to avoid off-topic remarks that should be discussed in the other designated forums and topics.

Thank you,

David

This forum topic is Membership Benefits & General Requirements for Private Investigator Trainees.

There is a lot of good information here.
    Bridgett Brown

Badge #6997

Yeah, there is good information throughout this site.

Thanks,
    Mike L.

On Topic

This membership is great and the fact you are a member means that you are at least looking for change. Every step of the way you will find help. Having fellow members guide and direct you is one of the best ways to get it done. There is a lot to be obtained here.

Good luck and see you in the forums.

Thanks for the info.

Jackie
    Jacqueline White Simak
    Author: A Taste and Tour of Northeast Country Inns

New to IPIU

Just finished reading this particular forum in its entirety. I definitely will continue to read, read, read, comment, and read, ... some more. It's nice to know that others had the same question I had. I thought it was to soon to ask, but - it got answered, simply by reading!

Well! Good things do come to those that wait. Hee hee, patience is a virtue all right. Okay, I got a lot more reading to do -so, see you all at the other forums.
    I Green

Just wait and it will come to you. I waited for about two and a half months and finally did an assignment yesterday. Just be patient, it will come.

Thanks,
    Mike L.

• Congratulations •

Michael,

Thank you for your encouraging words and congratulations on completing your first assignment!

Your success is a potent reminder of the benefits of being an IPIU member.

Smile New Trainee

Michael,

Thank you for your comments and words of encouragement. I see that two and a half months then isn't long for an assignment eh? Okay, I'll just have to wait - so be it. I wish you the best on your assignment.

Iris
    I Green

Hi Micheal,

Its been awhile since I wrote something...Congrats on your first assignment..Hows everything going?
    Gita, I just mailed back my test yesterday. I long did it take to find out that you passed?
    Have a great day everyone.
    melanie

I'm a newbie and still sonewhat in the dark about all the paper work you're talking about. Will this be sent to me automatically or will I have to order it?

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Kanda Force
    Correct.

Each agency has their own trainers. You will always have someone to rely on for questions. You may communicate via email or telephone. Rest assured there are no intentions to "throw you to the dogs".

In order to be a good investigator, you must build a solid foundation. You will be taught to crawl, walk and eventually run in this field, all at your own pace. The best support you can have is the family members on this board. Get acquainted here and you'll feel our confidence grow.
    Do you have agencies in all major cities (Memphis) ?

Smile Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn N Klipp
    It is simply amazing to me the amount of information that is contained in these forum threads!

Just when I think that I really am getting tired of looking through these posts and that there is not much more I can learn, up pops another factal that I may have overlooked because it was not relevant to me at that time.

I am on Level 1 now, and the only holdup to me sending in my packet of materials is a problem getting the photos. But that should be solved within the week hopefully.

The moderators are doing a fantastic job. I admire their patience for putting up with us "newbies" . Thank you.
    I was able to obtain the photos for $7.00 at Walgreens.
    Mary Green

IPIU is the best

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Declue
    First, it's great to have you with us at IPIU. I started back in August and just reached level 4. It will not take you long, either!

It's great that you are so enthusiastic, and you can rest assured that you are among many who are willing to help you.

I know that everyone says to have patience and to read, and that it is difficult to contain the excitement as you embark on a rewarding career.

Here are some suggestions I hope will help you and others reading this topic:

1. Remember, you will find most of your answers in the forums. Browse through all the forums you have access to. Sometimes the answers are in posts you may not expect.
    Thousands have already had the same feelings and questions you have now, and you can take advantage of reading their posts, knowing many of us have felt this way.

2. Savor each step - don't be so anxious (I know it's hard), because you have earned progressing to the next level. It will happen anyway, if you are serious, so let yourself boast a while and you'll soon be on your way! Pat yourself on the back! Smile and know you are doing something great for yourself! Enjoy and relish in your accomplishment before you rush to the next one. Next thing you know, you won't be anxious, and ideas will come to you on how to pass the time!

3. Try surfing the internet to find topics that will help you in the fields you are interested in. There's alot of information everywhere, in the forums, and the web. Read some laws, case studies, check out some private investigator's web sites, PI equipment, etc. You'll pick up tips that will help you later.

4. Using the "search" button is great advice, (thank's Sunya!). Try different types of wording to see how effective and close to the mark you come to find your answers!

When you look back a couple of years from now, I hope you will find your memories of this time a joyful and rewarding one!

Regards and best of luck to you,
    Diana DeClue's priceless suggestions for filling some of the more basic requirements, deserves to be at the top of this thread. If every new person, can follow Diana's lead, I believe you will be assured of a positive and successful journey. Right On Diana! The above quotation was originally posted on January 6, 2004.

Thank you Diana! I hope to hear back from you, as I'm sure many others do, also. I feel certain you are doing quite well and moving forward, but please send us a smoke signal, and let us know.
    Dabra J Grant "DJ"
    "Knowledge is Power." Francis Bacon

I am some what confused ,, does one pay the 79.00 and the 89.00 for the prefered or does one have to buy both??

Linda Manning is offline Law Offices of Attorney Services
    National Office

Law Firm Member Agency of:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary J Self
    I am some what confused ,, does one pay the 79.00 and the 89.00 for the prefered or does one have to buy both??
    Most of our employees who are IPIU members just pay the $89 or $129 membership because they are licensed private investigator. Unlicensed private investigators or trainees can have IPIU perform the clearances for the one time amount of $79 (or $93 for Priority).

Petra Post - is offline Retired Administrator
    ***** Certified SPI

Former Insignio Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunya N. Nardo
    Aloha!

You can use the SEARCH button on the top of this page and there you will find several links that might help you find your answer. PATIENCE is totally a virtue at IPIU. You can also look under "Time Frames" for some information. I hope this can help answer your question. Read, read, & read is my suggestion. Have a great day..............

Mahalo,
    Sunya,
    I just want to take the time given here, to thank you so much for your nice way of helping people (that are so willing to learn) on these forums... I always see your name and without you guys and gals putting in your free time, we wouldn't have IPIU the way it is... so, thank you again... I will see you around.

Thanks to the Law Firm Member,
    Think I understand now that its the 79.00 for all the clearances ,,,,then 89.00 for the membership.. But in which one does the manual come the 79.00 or does one wait till they can afford the 89.00 + membership before they get their manual?

This is info that I need to know about. Thanks so much.

Melba

I second that notion. Please info is vital to some who are seeking refuge in these forums.

Exclamation General Requirements

Ok I soley understand the requires,what have to be met and what follows.But to the question in hand .What about Conflict Of Interest? How does it work when,you may have Assignments for two different agencies.And the assignments,may cross each other in legal ways.That may completely destroy an case?
    Where does the blam fall,on the P.I or the Prosercution.

Thanks for all for answering a lot of my question,This is a very helpful forum.

Lightbulb Questions without immediate answers

Many times when I couldn't find an answer, I used my search feature at the top of the page on the Blue Task Bar. If that doesn't work you can post the question in your introduction and most times you'll get the answer.

Also, by reading through all the forums, which is a time consuming, but beneficial excercise, most of the questions you ask are there and have already been asked and answered.

Finding facts and information is what we are being trained to do. By using the forums everyone has a chance to hone their investigative prowess, without which none of us will ever be able to proceed, much less be employed in this field.

There are no stupid questions, perhaps premature questions, but not stupid. Seek and you shall find. The only stupid questions are the ones that weren't asked. Furthermore every one of them has been asked already. Use your search button and Happy Hunting!

Hope that helps.
    Dabra J Grant "DJ"
    "Knowledge is Power." Francis Bacon

Quote Originally Posted by Mary J Self
    Thanks to the Law Firm Member,
    Think I understand now that its the 79.00 for all the clearances ,,,,then 89.00 for the membership.. But in which one does the manual come the 79.00 or does one wait till they can afford the 89.00 + membership before they get their manual?
    Mary,

Your are correct the $79.00 is to pay for your clearences and the $89.00 is to cover your membership fee with IPIU for the release of your free training manual and test.

Please vist this link

http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11201

Jamie
    Jamie Van Hook
    Agent Relations

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    BBB A+ Rating Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 28th Year Serving 47,932 Members
    CALL IPIU TODAY TO JOIN: 406-534-0251

Thanks jamie I believe I have done the first part. I have recieved the package requesting for the membership fee.

These are the questions I had, and the answers I needed. Thank you all.
    Nancy Holcraft member trainee

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast