Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Training & Assignments a Big Hit

You Welcome

Aloha,
    Sunya N. Nardo

With A Power Greater Than Yourself
    All Things Is Possible.........

Badge# 6821

This clears up a lot for me. Tomorrow I will be at level 1. They tell me that I will start getting assignments in about 6-8 weeks. And I understand that you folks will give these agencies my name as referral. But the question remains: do I still have to interview with these agencies, or do I just show up for work? Sorry to be so stupid.

Interview.

Aloha,
    Sunya N. Nardo

Badge# 6821

In other words, they might not take me on. Is that what you are saying?

Originally posted by Glenn N Klipp
    But the question remains: do I still have to interview with these agencies, or do I just show up for work?
    You will have to go on an interview w/ the agencies that IPIU refer you too. This will be located around the area that you live in. They have many to choose from, if one doesn't fit you then another might. You keep going until you are satified, and employed. I hope this answered your question and if not then Admin or a Mod will be by to assist you. Have a great day.................and don't let your guard down everything will be OK!. We are here to help you in anyway possible.

Aloha,
    Sunya N. Nardo

Badge# 6821

... do I still have to interview with these agencies, or do I just show up for work?
    It depends on what you wish to do. Both are available. But "showing up for work" has changed since the Internet, email, and phone have changed the way assignments and training are dished out.

The details are not discussed in the Level 1 forums. In the meantine you have a lot of reading, discussing, and participation to go through as your Levels are increased.

Thank you., Ann-Marie. I understand that now. They will recommend me to the agencies, it is up to me to go and interview with them.

I wanted to ask you. I was told that you earn the avatar through quality writing. How does one acquire quality writing? Is this by completing all of the writing posts in that forum?

Originally posted by Mary Lynn Warner

No.

However, technical support installs selected avatars based on participation, responsibility, law firms, and other agencies who contribute to IPIU.

You do, however, have the Signature Field to use as long as there is no advertising placed in it. To use an ad in the Signature Field, email license@ipiu.org for permission.

For other informative topics:

Click here:
    Why should I post over 30 Comments on the Forums?

Your Comments Totals & Your User Title Promotion

Newcomer? Do this FIRST!

Privately Messaging or emailing Forum Members?

New Policy on Signatures

Are you a Licensed PI? Get a free upgrade.

IPIU Seals Awarded to:

I hope this can clear up some questions you have that is unanswered. Have a great day. If you use the SEARCH button there is alot of info on this topic......

Aloha,
    Sunya N. Nardo

Badge# 6821

I was told that you earn the avatar through quality writing.
    Not necessarily. There are several factors in the Award of the IPIU Seal. The above link will help. But anyone that is not an "Administrator" on the forums should not be offering personal opinions, unless they are stated based on an approved Topic.

How does one acquire quality writing? Is this by completing all of the writing posts in that forum?
    Click here:
    http://ipiu.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=126

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ann Marie Ryan
    But anyone that is not an "Administrator" on the forums should not be offering personal opinions, unless they are stated based on an approved Topic.

SORRY! ANN,

I was trying to be of assistance, but I guess it's not my place to give my opinion or what I thought was correct. I did some reading and thought it was almost correct, but mentioned that a Mod or Admin will be by to assist. Sorry again if I caused any/all problems related to this topic. Learning is the process to become a better person............

Aloha,

Sunya N. Nardo

Badge# 6821

It is simply amazing to me the amount of information that is contained in these forum threads!

Just when I think that I really am getting tired of looking through these posts and that there is not much more I can learn, up pops another factal that I may have overlooked because it was not relevant to me at that time.

I am on Level 1 now, and the only holdup to me sending in my packet of materials is a problem getting the photos. But that should be solved within the week hopefully.

The moderators are doing a fantastic job. I admire their patience for putting up with us "newbies" . Thank you.

Ann, Sunya was trying to be helpful. WIth all due respects, and hopefully not being offensive, I thought that was part of the idea of these forums: to help each other in our quest for knowledge and training. Maybe I am missing your point, though. Maybe it wasn't that she was trying to be helpful, but that she was making a comment without any backing. Is that it? Again, I am not trying to be contumacious, just trying to understand.

Aloha! Glenn,

Thank you for your kinds words I was just trying to be helpful, and I'm sorry for any wrong. It makes me NOT want to help or answer anymore/anyones questions. I'm afraid I'll get gonged again.........Have a wonderful day Glenn and don't work so hard. Nice talking to you again............

Aloha,
    Sunya N. Nardo

Badge# 6821

Yolanda Quizhpi Guest

Fifty-two areas in investigations

Hello Forum Members,

The 52- areas of investigations - - might seem alot at first glance. But, only requirements are; Patience, understanding, knowledge, making time for clients, communication, listening to what is actually being said and what the client wants - - and getting the facts only.

No personal opinions. No shortcuts and doing it in a timely manner.

Can you become a great investigator? The answer is definately yes.

By applying all that you are reading, learning, doing and communicating with the forums you will be of to a great start.

Good luck new comers as well as members.

Talking Photos

It is simply amazing to me the amount of information that is contained in these forum threads!

Just when I think that I really am getting tired of looking through these posts and that there is not much more I can learn, up pops another factal that I may have overlooked because it was not relevant to me at that time.

I am on Level 1 now, and the only holdup to me sending in my packet of materials is a problem getting the photos. But that should be solved within the week hopefully.

The moderators are doing a fantastic job. I admire their patience for putting up with us "newbies" . Thank you.
    Hi Glenn,
    Welcome to the forum,I thought the photos would be a problem for me.But I went to a travel agency/passports and got them done there for about $14.00.Iwas fast service.

Take care Marco

I only spent about 9 dollars, and sent them about 2 days after that post. But thank you for your welcome.

Heather

Type of agencies willing to train
    There are several types of agencies out there that will give you their companies standard and guideline training, but the forums are very useful and full of concrete information.
    Maurice Hopkins

Badge # 6975

College Needed?

I have been away for a while ,but anyway I have noticed that a lot of investigative jobs require a college education and some experience.I was checking out some of the better jobs that want people with law enforcement experience and/or a college education.

I like IPIU and know you can really help me get started.I have been away for a while because of my schedule the last few months has been hectic to say the least.I am preparing myself by finishing up my studies and also I am studying for my associates degree in criminal justice.I am 44 years old ,so I hope my age is not a hindrance to my PI career goals.I am beginning to see a lot of PI's that are older and have changed careers.I know there are a lot of positions out there for high school level but see most of those jobs in surveillance work and insurance fraud cases.Ideally I would like to keep my day job and start doing investigative work part time during nights and weekends and eventually work into full time case work.Any advice?
    Jeffrey R. Pedrotti

Re: College Needed?

Originally posted by Jeffrey R. Pedrotti
    studying for my associates degree in criminal justice.I am 44 years old ,so I hope my age is not a hindrance to my PI career advice?

Don't worry abour your age. I have seen many people on these forums who are in our age bracket. For one, I am 49. And I would encourage you to read these forums, because you will find many of the answers that you have asked. Hope this helps. God bless.

Thumbs up

First, I wish to thank everyone who has taken time to post to this forum. I am learning a lot and have a much better understanding of the training process.

The connection between success and actively using these forums has been firmly established, IMO, in this thread/topic.

I am excited to get my packet and get started on this. More so than I was before. Why? I know now that by reading and posting here I will increase my observaiton and reporting skills. Once I get to the higher levels, potential employers may see what I write.

I hope that my posts will add to what has been posted previously and that others will find encouragement and insight in them.

All those papers for my BA in Ancient History will pay off finally!
    Stephen Brink
    AKA Darth Nocuous
    GM of the Flaming Cherubim Fantasy Hockey Team

Originally posted by Stephen L. Brink

All those papers for my BA in Ancient History will pay off finally! [/B]

Gee, I thought I was the only one who ever got a BA in Ancient History!

Re: College Needed?

Originally posted by Jeffrey R. Pedrotti
    I have been away for a while ,but anyway I have noticed that a lot of investigative jobs require a college education and some experience.I was checking out some of the better jobs that want people with law enforcement experience and/or a college education.

I like IPIU and know you can really help me get started.I have been away for a while because of my schedule the last few months has been hectic to say the least.I am preparing myself by finishing up my studies and also I am studying for my associates degree in criminal justice.I am 44 years old ,so I hope my age is not a hindrance to my PI career goals.I am beginning to see a lot of PI's that are older and have changed careers.I know there are a lot of positions out there for high school level but see most of those jobs in surveillance work and insurance fraud cases.Ideally I would like to keep my day job and start doing investigative work part time during nights and weekends and eventually work into full time case work.Any advice?
    Hi Jeffery,I'm also in your age bracket and I'm in a full time job as a state peace officer.I wanting to do the same like you.keep my day job until my P.I career gets going.I have received three assingment already.I have to do these assignments on my days off or at night.As soon I have enough assignments to supplement my income .I will go part time at my dept.

Take care Marco

Jeffery and Marco,
    It seems many of us find ourselves struggling with a day job to pay the bills. I know that I would love to quit my job! Not that I do not like what I do, but I am not particularly impressed with some of my coworkers or my company. Like you I hope to be able to walk away knowing that my new career will be both financially and personally fulfilling.

The best advice I can give you is the first that I was given here at the IPIU forums. Take everything one step at a time and be patient with yourselves and your new goals. I should talk, sometimes I feel as if I will jump out of my skin because I want so badly to see results now. But truly this is the best advice I have been given. Keep your goal in sight and move forward. You'll get there. It won't be easy and it won't happen overnight but if you keep at it you will get there.

And an extra bonus...is you have help along the way! We all need it and that is what everyone on these forums is here for. You both have a great path ahead of you!

I'll get off my soap box now...
    "Success lies not in being the best,
    but in doing your best."

--Anonymous

Marisa

I could not agree with you more, patients is a key to all you do in this business. Things will fall in place if you give it the time.
    Maurice Hopkins

Badge # 6975

Thanks Maurice.

Lately my mantra has been...

"Patience is a virtue. Patience is a virtue. I am not a saint. But patience is a virtue."

I don't know if it has been working but it gives me something to mutter at work.

The best to everyone!
    "Success lies not in being the best,
    but in doing your best."

--Anonymous

Question Training

I have a diploma from the United States Adaemy of Private Investigation , and was wondering if this may speed the process toward getting assignments .

Smile Patience

Originally posted by Marisa Cardona
    Thanks Maurice.

Lately my mantra has been...

"Patience is a virtue. Patience is a virtue. I am not a saint. But patience is a virtue."

I don't know if it has been working but it gives me something to mutter at work.

The best to everyone!

Marisa, I have to agree with you. Sometimes I get so frustrated when I hit stumbling blocks. The problem with that is that when you get frustrated, you tend to lose your scope. Thats why I learned to be patient.

I wish everyone the best of luck!

David E. Tallia

Smile Moderators

Glenn, I agree regarding the moderators and what they have to put up with regarding newbies. Often newbies(Like Myself)tend to ask the same questions that has already have been posted earlier. Mabey because that we are so excited, we want our questions answered quickly rather than to research the posts. I think once we take the time to read all of the posts, we would have a better idea on whats going on. I am sure that their are newbies that reads the posts first. I am getting better at that.

Best Wishes,

David E. Tallia

David

Your welcome, if there is anything I can do to be of help just ask; take care.
    Maurice Hopkins

Badge # 6975

I think as beginners, we want to learn things and find out things as quickly as possible. We want to take the short cut, and ask instead of looking through the posts for our answers. However, research well done does not happen that way. Research involves at times painstaking effort and careful, at times tedious, looking through data for the answers. That is why its important to exercise patience and read through the forums. For it is in that way that we develop the characteristics of a good private investigator.

Thumbs up Requirements

For it is in that way that we develop the characteristics of a good private investigator.
    Glenn,

Once again you have said it well.

Really, patience should be a mandatory requirement for this line of work.

Thanks for the thoughts.

I own my own investigative agency any ideas on marketing for business

I agree

Time is a valuable thing, we have to cherish it and us eit to our advantage.
    Maurice Hopkins

Badge # 6975

Smile

I think as beginners, we want to learn things and find out things as quickly as possible. We want to take the short cut, and ask instead of looking through the posts for our answers. However, research well done does not happen that way. Research involves at times painstaking effort and careful, at times tedious, looking through data for the answers. That is why its important to exercise patience and read through the forums. For it is in that way that we develop the characteristics of a good private investigator.

You are so right. I think newbies like myself is in a hurry to get started on the new career path. Once we get started and get our foot into the door, its a different story.
    David Tallia

Badge# 7015

“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.”

Gee, I thought I was the only one who ever got a BA in Ancient History!
    Sooooo, you do see dead people. Well, that's how my wife explained it to others...
    He's studies dead people.
    But, in reality, doing the research for three or four papers at one time and having to craft 10-12 page papers on topics ranging from ancient Mediterranean Warfare to the Flow of Complementary Goods throuout the Roman Empire wil help in doing observation and reporting as a PI.

Stephen
    Stephen Brink
    AKA Darth Nocuous

I think as beginners, we want to learn things and find out things as quickly as possible...However, research well done does not happen that way. Research involves at times painstaking effort and careful, at times tedious, looking through data for the answers...For it is in that way that we develop the characteristics of a good private investigator.
    Amen.

It's much better to make our mistakes here, rather than at Level 3 or 4 where we can damage our potential careers. I think I'm expected to do some dumb things right now. That's life. I am learning all kinds of new things right now and some things will get jumbled.

That's when the admins and moderators jump in and help set us straight. They want us to be as successful as possible. That reflects back on them and the IPIU.

[SOAPBOX]So, the only experience that is truly needed, besides a GED and working papers, is in life. If you have developed yourself into the type of person that is self-motivating, self-regulating, patient, and responsible, you should do fine.

Those who think the world owes them something and expects to be held by the hand through every step and assignment is going to have difficulty just with these forums and getting their application packet together to return. [/SOAPBOX]

Stephen
    Stephen Brink
    AKA Darth Nocuous

Jacki Harrell Guest

placement application

I'm feeling rather stupid. Can someone please tell me where I can get the placement application? Thanks!

Re: placement application

Originally posted by Jacki Harrell
    I'm feeling rather stupid. Can someone please tell me where I can get the placement application? Thanks!
    Details on membership here:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...&threadid=6542

Online membership options here:
    http://www.privateinvestigators.cc/i...254149effa6152

Home Page:
    http://www.ipiu.org/

Cheers,
    Technical Support
    Administrator

Note to all:

For those who have been posting off-topic comments in this thread titled General Requirements for Private Investigator Trainees , your comments have been archived.

For some of you, this has been the third time posting comments in a specific topic that causes the original discussion to go off target. Please abide by the forum rules.

We have over 100,000 topics on the forums, all titled to the Subject.

And remember, personal details of your file progress and assignments are not to be discussed in any of the forums outside of the Level 4 areas.

Thank you for your support.

Tanya Wyche is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Texas

Does anyone know of any requirements specific to Texas?
    Tanya Wyche

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast