Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Training & Assignments a Big Hit

Cool

Tanya, There is a whole list of things specific to Texas in these forums. The best way to find all of them would be to do a search . Good Luck
    Bruce
    "Great peace have they which love my law and nothing shall offend them." Psalms 119:165

Tanya Wyche is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Thanks for your reply. I have found a few things already. Bounty Hunting sparks my interest, however, staying away from home for long periods of time does not. My dogs are a big part of my life.
    Tanya Wyche

Karen McQuilken is offline Private Investigators Forum Member

Member since 2003:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Walter- i notice some PI and people who are no Pi's with a badge and bage number at the bottom. This has kinda confussed me. Any insite to this would be great.

Merry Christmas-
    Karen McQuilken
    Karen McQuilken

Badge# 7016

Sorry that you are confused . I will try to give you some insight . Badges appear in some of the posts in the occasion where the member has purchased and received his or her badge. The badge takes from about 6 to 8 weeks to arrive, and is ordered at the same time the Code of Ethics is sent in.

Hope this helps.,

Member since 2003:
    Glen- Thanks for the info. Another question for you. do you put the picture and badge number on here, or does IPIU??

Karen McQuilken
    Karen McQuilken

Badge# 7016

Originally posted by Karen McQuilken
    Walter- i notice some PI and people who are no Pi's with a badge and bage number at the bottom. This has kinda confussed me. Any insite to this would be great.

Merry Christmas-
    Karen McQuilken
    Sorry, but I had to read your comment three time to discern the spelling.

Are you asking why some forum members have a badge number in their Signature? If so, that is there option to have it there. Others may choose not to have their badge number posted in their signature.

Cynthia Ford
    Administrator - IPIU
    ----------

Member since 2003:
    Sorry..my spelling was awful. I "WILL" proof read before sending anything from now on. I think i was in a hurry.

How did you do that so quickly..change from your badge to another picture??? LOL I have tried, but it seems to be giving be trouble. any helpful and easy hints???

As for the picture of you PI Badge. Does IPIU have a place to download the pic?

Karen McQuilken
    Karen McQuilken

Badge# 7016

Karen

I thnk it has to be upload by IPIU, and added to your profile.

Maurice Hopkins

Badge # 6975

Originally posted by Karen McQuilken
    How did you do that so quickly..change from your badge to another picture??? LOL I have tried, but it seems to be giving be trouble. any helpful and easy hints???

As for the picture of you PI Badge. Does IPIU have a place to download the pic?

Karen McQuilken
    Please go here:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/

Then scroll down to "Test Your Forum Writing Skills" forum and post your question there. We need to keep this topic on-topic.

Thanks.

Is there anything specific that you need to do to get assignmennts besides going through the process and paperwork necessary.

Thanks,
    Mike L.

Originally posted by Michael Levy
    Is there anything specific that you need to do to get assignmennts besides going through the process and paperwork necessary.

Tha
    Mike L.
    Yes, Michael, there most definitely is. And that is that you should BE PATIENT . Other than that, you just need to go through all of the paperwork and stuff. Sorry, no shortcuts.

Thanks, I was just courious.

Thanks,
    Mike L.

Thanks,
    Mike L.
    The more active you are on the forums you have access too, the easier it will be when you gain Level 4 access to the other forums. Internet skills, forum software, email, and writing skills here will help you get more assignments too.
    Robert Donovan
    Director - Agent Relations
    Sr. Director - IPIU Ethics Board

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    Official BBB Accreditation Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 32nd Year Serving 48,373 Members

CONTACT LINK HERE TO JOIN IPIU

So you gain knowledge not only through this forum, but when you get your assignments. When you get your assignments, will you train with someone with experience or are they going to think you gained enough knowledge through the forum.

Thanks,
    Mike L.

Placement in my area

Is there a way to find out for sure that IPIU works with agencies in my area before joining?

That's a good question?

Thanks,
    Mike L.

I think it is if I'm interested in the on-the-job training aspect of IPIU.

I think IPIU supplies you with a list of companies and you need to go out there and contact them.

Thanks,
    Mike L.

Happy Holidays

That is only after I join the Union?
    That's where I was going with that.

Happy Holidays to you as well.

True.

Thanks,
    Mike L.

Member since 2003:
    Michael- Great question..I do not have an answer. Wish I did. But will keep reading this forum to see what your replies are.

Merry Christmas
    Karen McQuilken

Badge# 7016

I'm going to do the same until I know what will happen.

Thanks,
    Mike L.

Happy holidays

Gratitude!

My fellow PI's, I wish to express my thanks for all the information you presented in this forum. I was just going from forum to forum and I slipped in on this one and believe me I got a month full.

I love this stuff. I mean it is so good to be able to find such informative people working for one cause. We are all here to help one another and the way it is being done is great. Maybe this can be an example for World Peace!

Okay I got a little carried away. I just feel so good about having made the decision to train with IPIU. Please don't send the endorsement check yet, I'm not their yet but believe me, when the time comes you won't have to pay me.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYBODY!

p.s.To stay on topic I'm about to receive my Badge and ID soon and I'm looking forward to sharing my new ID with you. Maybe I'll display my picture. Never mind forget that part.

Michael Harris is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Distinguished Insignio Colleague of:
    Clinton,

I was excited when I finally received my badge and ID. Good luck.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

I'll be excited just knowing the process is going smoothly.

Thanks,
    Mike L.

Michael,

Just keep breathing - in and out, in and out. We all need patience and encouragement. You can share some of mine.

Thanks. I am waiting patiently. What else can i do but wait.

Thanks,
    Mike L.

What else can i do but wait.
    Read!

OK.

Michael Harris,

That's what I'm talking about, GREAT ADVICE!

Clinton

To All:

I did not have to pay Clinton for those encouraging remarks.

Re: Re: trying to find a agency that will train

Originally posted by Glenn N Klipp

Melanie. Welcome to the forums. First, I would encourage you to introduce yourself in the Introduction Forum if you have not already done so. As far as assignments go, once you get to Level Four, you will be inundated with opportunities for training. God speed and have a great day! Hope this helps.
    Can anyone let me know how long it takes between the I.D., the Operations Manual + badge being mailed? I received everything back but the badge? Thanks,
    Angela
    Angela Virgo

Thats a good question because I'm waiting for my info to come.

Thanks,
    Mike L.

Aloha!

You can use the SEARCH button on the top of this page and there you will find several links that might help you find your answer. PATIENCE is totally a virtue at IPIU. You can also look under "Time Frames" for some information. I hope this can help answer your question. Read, read, & read is my suggestion. Have a great day..............

Mahalo,
    Sunya N. Nardo

With A Power Greater Than Yourself
    All Things Is Possible.........

Badge# 6821

Thanks for the info.

Thanks,
    Mike L.

Aloha!

Your welcome

Sunya

Member since 2003:
    Sunya- Today, 1/6/04 I received my Operations Manual, along with my test to take. I joined IPIU in Dec of 2003. so far things are moving along pretty fast (once I receive the items in the mail) Like everyone expresses in the forums. "PATIENCE" When i joined I did do the electronic registration to make things move a tad bit faster, which it did. I also joined the Management Membership on line as well.

I really need to express how everyone has been helpful with questions and answers with IPIU!!!

Good Luck!!!
    Karen McQuilken

Badge# 7016

Well Alright!

Karen,

I just turned in my credentials paperwork yesterday. It was very interesting putting everything together. It took a few days to have everything I needed. When I arrived at the Police Station I was directed to the finger printing department. The person I spoke with was somewhat unfamiliar with the type of card I had given to him for my finger prints to be printed on. He stated that he hadn't seen such a form submitted from a civilian. He then asked me why I needed my finger prints taken. I proudly said for my Private Investigator credentials. After a long waiting period it was accepted. Once prints were taken, another wait for the return of the card to me.

My name was called and finally I was going to be leaving to get my passport photos done. I was then told that their was a problem with their machine and that it was unfortunate but I would have to contact IPIU to have a new card sent to me and upon return, with the new card I would not have to wait to have my prints done.

I mentioned that it would take days for me to receive the new card. It was then mention that if their card (the card that the police station uses to print, prints on) would be accepted by IPIU, then they would try again to print my prints.

My phone call to IPIU was great because without a problem I was told that if their card requested the same information as the card I got from IPIU then there would be no problem taking their card.

Now I had to wait for my prints to be printed. Once I got the card in my hand I was one happy person. I drove to the nearest passport photo outlet and had my pictures done and then went directly to my city post office.

Now, I'm waiting for my credentials. Yes that is what I'm talking about, I'm really excited about this stuff. I can't wait to have my stuff. I'm almost there, and I just can't stop now. Wish me luck guys.

Karen, stay focus and you too will be able to join us, and be proud to say that you are in possession of your credentials.

Clinton

Clinton, Michael and Angela,

First, it's great to have you with us at IPIU. I started back in August and just reached level 4. It will not take you long, either!

It's great that you are so enthusiastic, and you can rest assured that you are among many who are willing to help you.

I know that everyone says to have patience and to read, and that it is difficult to contain the excitement as you embark on a rewarding career.

Here are some suggestions I hope will help you and others reading this topic:

1. Remember, you will find most of your answers in the forums. Browse through all the forums you have access to. Sometimes the answers are in posts you may not expect.
    Thousands have already had the same feelings and questions you have now, and you can take advantage of reading their posts, knowing many of us have felt this way.

2. Savor each step - don't be so anxious (I know it's hard), because you have earned progressing to the next level. It will happen anyway, if you are serious, so let yourself boast a while and you'll soon be on your way! Pat yourself on the back! Smile and know you are doing something great for yourself! Enjoy and relish in your accomplishment before you rush to the next one. Next thing you know, you won't be anxious, and ideas will come to you on how to pass the time!

3. Try surfing the internet to find topics that will help you in the fields you are interested in. There's alot of information everywhere, in the forums, and the web. Read some laws, case studies, check out some private investigator's web sites, PI equipment, etc. You'll pick up tips that will help you later.

4. Using the "search" button is great advice, (thank's Sunya!). Try different types of wording to see how effective and close to the mark you come to find your answers!

When you look back a couple of years from now, I hope you will find your memories of this time a joyful and rewarding one!

Regards and best of luck to you,

Great counsel and advice, Diana. Could'nt have put it better myself!

And please forgive me dear friend. I HAVE to get this out of my system. You are already one step ahead of the others, because you already have de clue! Whew! Glad that's over with!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast