Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Training & Assignments a Big Hit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Training & Assignments a Big Hit

Care to read more?

Then click here for the original topic: Original Interactive Open Topic Link

Training & Assignments a Big Hit!

We received this general email asking what the requirements were for Private Investigator Trainees.

He writes:

"I would like to know some of the requirements of working as a private investigator in my area.

1) Will you require a high school diploma?

2) Will I have to take a test for the state?

3) Will you train me?

4) How much real world wages will be?"
    Answers:

1) A high school diploma is no longer required, and neither is a GED. But you do need to have a high school reading, English, and basic math level because of the reports you will be filing at the conclusion of your assignments. (We have found that some high school graduates cannot spell or perform basic math skills, so the official requirement has been dropped.)

2) No state test, but there is an open-book examination you will take when you have received your training manual. We are more concerned with your general understanding in performance because most of the training is on-the-job. We also offer a free option to help you obtain a state private investigators license, including setting up your own agency.

3) Academic Training will be provided by IPIU through it's free Training Manual and private forums. On-the-job training will be provided by the agencies we have listed in the private members forums.

5) You are more valuable working part-time for six to ten agencies at $20 per hour than working all of your hours for only one agency. IPIU does not prescreen any applicant for under $18 per hour, with the national average at $20 per hour or more, unless it is a long term assignment, such as undercover or surveillance (which nationally may earn a trainee $15 per hour.)

SUMMARY:
    IPIU provides it all for newcomers!

Care to read more? Wish to add a comment?

Then click here for the original topic: Original Interactive Open Topic Link

Hi Micheal,

Its been awhile since I wrote something...Congrats on your first assignment..Hows everything going?
    Gita, I just mailed back my test yesterday. I long did it take to find out that you passed?
    Have a great day everyone.
    melanie

I'm a newbie and still sonewhat in the dark about all the paper work you're talking about. Will this be sent to me automatically or will I have to order it?

IPIU is the best

I am some what confused ,, does one pay the 79.00 and the 89.00 for the prefered or does one have to buy both??

Linda Manning is offline Law Offices of Attorney Services
    National Office

Law Firm Member Agency of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary J Self
    I am some what confused ,, does one pay the 79.00 and the 89.00 for the prefered or does one have to buy both??
    Most of our employees who are IPIU members just pay the $89 or $129 membership because they are licensed private investigator. Unlicensed private investigators or trainees can have IPIU perform the clearances for the one time amount of $79 (or $93 for Priority).

Thanks to the Law Firm Member,
    Think I understand now that its the 79.00 for all the clearances ,,,,then 89.00 for the membership.. But in which one does the manual come the 79.00 or does one wait till they can afford the 89.00 + membership before they get their manual?

Think I understand now that its the 79.00 for all the clearances ,,,,then 89.00 for the membership.. But in which one does the manual come the 79.00 or does one wait till they can afford the 89.00 + membership before they get their manual?
    Mary,

Your are correct the $79.00 is to pay for your clearences and the $89.00 is to cover your membership fee with IPIU for the release of your free training manual and test.

Please vist this link

http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11201

Jamie
    Jamie Van Hook
    Agent Relations

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    BBB A+ Rating Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 28th Year Serving 47,932 Members
    CALL IPIU TODAY TO JOIN: 406-534-0251

Flora Porter is offline * Certified SPI
    Distinguished Member of Private Investigators Forum

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Thumbs up

Mary,
    Thanks for your line thinking I understand now.
    The $79.00 was for all clearances,,,then $89.00
    for the membership. Good question
    What point do we receive training manuals?

Thanks for clearing this up if i am correct.

Flora Porter
    P.I. Trainee

Quote Originally Posted by Flora Porter
    What point do we receive training manuals?
    If you have general questions and cannot locate the proper topic or forum, please post your question in your Introduction Topic where the trainers and other moderators can guide you.

Thank you for your support.

Flora Porter is offline * Certified SPI
    Distinguished Member of Private Investigators Forum

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Quote Originally Posted by Law Offices-Atty Services
    Most of our employees who are IPIU members just pay the $89 or $129 membership because they are licensed private investigator. Unlicensed private investigators or trainees can have IPIU perform the clearances for the one time amount of $79 (or $93 for Priority).
    Im alittle
    I would like to know if the $89 Preferred Membership
    is the one that i have?

Flora Porter
    P.I. Trainee

This is info that I need to know about. Thanks so much.

Melba

I second that notion. Please info is vital to some who are seeking refuge in these forums.

Thanks for all for answering a lot of my question,This is a very helpful forum.

Lightbulb Questions without immediate answers

Many times when I couldn't find an answer, I used my search feature at the top of the page on the Blue Task Bar. If that doesn't work you can post the question in your introduction and most times you'll get the answer.

Also, by reading through all the forums, which is a time consuming, but beneficial excercise, most of the questions you ask are there and have already been asked and answered.

Finding facts and information is what we are being trained to do. By using the forums everyone has a chance to hone their investigative prowess, without which none of us will ever be able to proceed, much less be employed in this field.

There are no stupid questions, perhaps premature questions, but not stupid. Seek and you shall find. The only stupid questions are the ones that weren't asked. Furthermore every one of them has been asked already. Use your search button and Happy Hunting!

Hope that helps.
    Dabra J Grant "DJ"
    "Knowledge is Power." Francis Bacon

Thanks jamie I believe I have done the first part. I have recieved the package requesting for the membership fee.

These are the questions I had, and the answers I needed. Thank you all.
    Nancy Holcraft member trainee

I can;t wait to start my o j t training as a pi

Me too. Its a bit overwhelming to think we'd have to go it alone
    Nancy Holdcraft Trainee

Hey folks...the important thing to remember is to keep plugging away at this! I started back in November and just did my first assignment last week!

I never gave up, despite everything that happened...having to move, three job changes, no internet service, etc.

I'll be doing the Anti-Piracy assignment Saturday night! (Well, that's the plan!) Once you be flying. Just read, understand and post. Don't be afraid to post questions or click on Help!
    Stephen Brink
    AKA Darth Nocuous
    GM of the Flaming Cherubim Fantasy Hockey Team

William Brassfield is offline Moderator::
    (On Leave of Absence)

Sr. Distinguished Member:
    Member since 2002

Thumbs up

Outstanding, Stephen!

Keep up the great work!
    Will Brassfield

Where there's a will, there's a way......and I'm Will

Visit our New Home Page: www.ipiu.org

Visit our New Bookstore: www.privateinvestigators.cc

The Test

I am just wondering how is the time line with things. I am wondering just how long does it takesfor the exam to come in. And when it comes in is there a certain about of time that you have to it finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew McDowell
    I am just wondering how is the time line with things. I am wondering just how long does it takesfor the exam to come in. And when it comes in is there a certain about of time that you have to it finished.
    Hey Andrew:

Since you wrote on 6/1, you may very well have received your test by now. If you have just disregard this because the information with the test tells you how long you have to return it. I believe it is about 2 - 3 weeks, which is really plenty of time, since everyone is usually so excited about getting the manuel that it's hard to put down. Read, read, learn and enjoy! Good luck.

Jackie

Great advice Jacqueline... the key is to read, read, read and of course, enjoy.

Good luck everyone!

This forum for trainees, has been really helpful to me. I cant think of one question to ask about being place with an agency, because they all have been answered. Thank you for being very clear on topics.
    Sincerely,

Latisha Smith

Thankyou very much for your $.o2 worth. It is just hard to wait.
    Angela Beck

Since I am currently enrolled in College working on my BD in Criminal Justice will that help me any with this?

Hi David,
    I would think that you would perfect knowledge of the law for this type of work.This will give you the edge to understanding I would think. I hope that you will con't on with this if it isn't to much with your other school work. Good luck with what ever you decide.
    Angela Beck

Jacqueline,
    I received my manual today and I started on it. There is some stuff that I copied of the forums to be put in there. I am really excited that I finally got it and with the advice that I have been reading it as me up and going and I can't wait to start work.
    Thanks everyone, keep sending more advice in and I will try too.
    Angela Beck

Hey Angela:

Keep up the excitement. Enthusiasm is one of the keys to success. (Actually, the #1 key to success is getting up more times than you fall down--or failing your way to the top.) I find it's always a great idea to find important information, that you're interested in, in the forums and printing it out for your manuel. So you're on the A Train! Just keep reading, reading, learning and enjoying!

Jackie

Hey Kurk:

As a professional freelance writer, I'm a great advocate for reading. Education is the key to everything!

Jackie

I to am interested in information on Placement Membership.

Angela Beck

Thankyou for the info on Placement Membership. I think that I have already done that. Thanks again.
    Angela Beck

It's so great to know we'll be working with experienced people getting our OJT.

This thread is so helpful. I'll definately keep my eye on it in the future. Thanks a bunch for the clarification, peoples.

"What you are witnessing is the work of a confectionary giant." -Willy Wonka

I as well appreciate the help, getting started is very overwhelming but extremely interesting

...and if it wasn't "very overwhelming," it wouldn't be worth it.

Good luck and full speed ahead!

Thanks for the info Allen, you answered a question I had, without me having to ask it.
    I like that.

Unhappy Opps!

David,
    Sorry wrong foreum, I just decided to ask because it came to me.
    Angela Beck

Lots of useful information . I appreciate the insight. Susanna Goss

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast