Thread: The IPIU Seal & User Title Avatar Choices?

Re: Avitars

Originally posted by Teresa L. Horsmann
    The IPIU seal that is displayed under user names seems to be somewhat sporadic in terms of who does and does not have it. What factors determine the "participation and responsibility" -

Is there an established criteria or is it primarily subjective?
    Both.

There is a board of forum administrators (the next level higher than Sr. Moderators) who review participation, activity, tone, and subject matter that is being posted on the forums. When they make a suggestion for the seal, it generates an inquiry to Agent Relations who may have a member's file, which includes other notes, phone conversations, emails, agency response, etc.

The seal is never announced. It is given without notice to the member because we have a lot of fine members on the board who contribute greatly. The seal can also be recalled if a member no longer participates or contributes at a later date, or becomes sporadic.

In essence, a member who has been given the seal generally represents through their participation the ideals of the Private Investigators Forum. Some members who have posted more than 200 topics and replies have never been awarded the seal, while others with lower post counts have. Quantity in counts is not as important as quality.

Originally posted by Paul Burleigh
    Is the option to use an avatar in User Profile functional?
    Paul
    No.

However, technical support installs selected avatars based on participation, responsibility, law firms, and other agencies who contribute to IPIU.

You do, however, have the Signature Field to use as long as there is no advertising placed in it. To use an ad in the Signature Field, email license@ipiu.org for permission.

For other informative topics:

Click here:
    Why should I post over 30 Comments on the Forums?

Your Comments Totals & Your User Title Promotion

Newcomer? Do this FIRST!

Privately Messaging or emailing Forum Members?

New Policy on Signatures

Are you a Licensed PI? Get a free upgrade.

IPIU Seals Awarded to:

David Copeland is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Sponsored by:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

How the IPIU Seal is Awarded:

Originally posted by Teresa L. Horsmann
    The IPIU seal that is displayed under user names seems to be somewhat sporadic in terms of who does and does not have it. What factors determine the "participation and responsibility" -

Is there an established criteria or is it primarily subjective?
    Both.

1. There is a Board of Forum Administrators (the next level higher than Sr. Moderators) who review participation, activity, tone, and subject matter that is being posted on the forums. When they make a suggestion for the seal, it generates an inquiry to Agent Relations who may have a member's file, which includes other notes, phone conversations, emails, agency response, etc.

2. The seal is never announced. It is given without notice to the member because we have a lot of fine members on the board who contribute greatly. The seal can also be recalled if a member no longer participates or contributes at a later date, or becomes sporatic.
    3. In essence, a member who has been given the seal generally represents through their participation the ideals of the Private Investigators Forum. Some members who have posted more than 200 topics and replies have never been awarded the seal, while others with lower post counts have. Quantity in counts is not as important as quality.

Thank you for your question.

David

Originally posted by Michael Harris
    Brenda,

Just keep posting comments and it may happen. I was shocked when I got mine. Just be yourself, and read and post.
    Comments are only a portion of the award. The award also includes what a member does with their membership and what they do with their forum access, as well as what their personal file progress and experience reflects. We have had some members post many comments that are unrelated to what the award requires, so "numbers" is not the only item the admins look at.

The only avatars available are those that are awarded under the User Name of a forum member. See Michael Harris' name above. Other avatars are awarded to licensed professionals (such as their state seal, etc)

I took me alittle while to figure out how to navigate through the forums, but once I did, it has been a great source of information. I can never learn too much and everyone in these forums contributes to my education. Keep up the good work!

Re: The IPIU Seal & User Title Avatar Choices?

There is always something new here thank you.

Thanks for this up. I was wondering about how you come about using the seal, or where you could download it, etc. Hat's off again to the forum for answering my question before I answered it.

Charles Blount - is offline Licensed Private Investigator
    Private Investigator Forum Member

Union Member of International Private Investigators Union

Please note, and this goes for all that reads into this thread. I like, I mean truely like the way this system is running it procedures. It give me something to heed and work for. So hats off to them!

I also was curious about the seal, but it has been answered.I would also like to say that this site is remarkable,every question gets answered quickly and the other comments from people are great!!

Bobby Jo Davenport is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Professional Member of:

Thanks for this ,Great help for me to know at IPIU.
    Bobby Jo Davenport
    Badge#11575

Jeff Dudzinski is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:

I'm not sure if this the right area to post this, but mine seems to come and go. Why would that be?