Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: All Good will be attacked, and why IPIU has it's critics.

Pedro Ruiz is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Hi My Name Is Pedro Ruiz And Im Happy To Be Here With You Guys.

Michael,

Thank you for sharing this information. Their is a wealth of knowledge that can be learned here. Sometimes people get impatient and don't want to look for information. But reading through the forums 99% of the time your questions can be answered.

I, too, am glad to have come across the IPIU! I always had an interest in this field, but thought you had to have previous law enforcement experience to get into it. I was amazed to find out otherwise. I joined the union a short time ago and everything as gone as stated so far!

Bob

I am very new to the IPIU, and it can be very challenging at first, but if you take the time to read and learn, you get a better understanding of what this organization is all about.

I have over 12 years experience in the security field (law-enforcement, military, security and sureveillance). I know that this experience may help me but you have to crawl before you can learn to walk, and you have to learn to walk before you can learn to run. I encourage all new members to pace yourselves and take things in stride.

I wish everyone luck in attaining their goals.

Shawn

I have read the derogatory information on the web. I can truly say that my time in the forums has paid off well. I have picked up enough good ideas to pay for my time.

I am going to do my first assignment tomorrow. I have done similar jobs before.

If I get a hit and get paid for it I will have personally proven the naysayers wrong!

Either way, I haven't lost anything.

Thumbs up Way to go Michael

Michael, thank you so much for sharing this well researched and informative statements and feedback. Shows character on your part and the willingness to prove true what you do. I'm new to this endeavor and I believe that with patience and due diligence there is success to be had here. Thank you for reinforcing that mindset Reading your qualifying statement has given me another shot of enthusiasm for pursuing this type experience. Keep up the good work and know that with God ALL things are truly possible.

Kudos for all the positive comments for IPIU! I had to review what the "issues" were also because I was skeptical. As in everything, you investigate, and come to your own conclusions! I have been on the forums for about 2 days, and I am impressed the experienced network of people. Everyone is professional, respectful and knowledgeable, and will to assist us trainees! Thanks for a great experience!

I am very happy with ipiu. I looked over ipiu very closely before joining. I'm enjoying every part of it. I've not completed any assignments or performed one yet because I wasn't sure I was ready. But now I am ready and have enjoyed this union. By July I will remain a member here and nothing can change that. Thanks for everything IPIU I have learned alot from your site.

I am very happy with IPIU....The membership is low cost and I am learning a lot while I am waiting for assignments.

Michael,

I am a new to the forum. Thanks for sharing your comments with everyone.

I am so happy to be a part of the Union. Everyone is so helpful & once I understood navigating the forums it has been a great learning tool. The IPIU is helping me launch forward into a new career. I'm grateful to all that have made the Union possible.

Thumbs up

I agree, I am lucky to have found this union and such an organized and disciplined organization. God knows how many have probably been dissappointed with a school and promised castles in the sky. I for one have noticed that this Union gives a lot to its members. We can find oodles of information and learn for ourselves how to do tasks that might come our way in the future. I admit, I was tentative about reading so much and doing everything myself. But it's what we have to learn, to do things ourselves with some but not total assistance. Thank you all for your contributions to this website and let's show those critics that they are just blowing smoke.

Thank you...

This is a great thread. The fact that most of are hands on "I want to see it for myself" people is a plus. I love the professional demeanors and outstanding attitudes is very impressive. I am glad to be a part of IPIU! I saw a few comments that were a bit disturbing but you always have some negative attitude where ever you. I have found that the more someone does not understand something (i.e., not reading and understanding the process at IPIU) the more frustrated they seem to get. I hope that everyone finds what answers they seek. This is a great place.

David Copeland is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Sponsored by:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Marlin
    I saw a few comments that were a bit disturbing but you always have some negative attitude wherever you.
    When I come across those type of comments on other websites, I leave. There is so much to choose from on the internet and my own attitude needs to remain in tact without having it affected by what I call trash-talk.

Shawna Perkins is offline Licensed Private Investigator

Private Investigators Forum Member
    There is an abundance of information located on this forum. What a great way to have an orientation!!

I am learning a great deal as I go. Thanks all for your input and dedication!

I suppose I could echo so many sentiments I've read on this particular topic: Indeed, I do second all the good opinions here.

As for naysayers, plug into a top search engine, your favorite religious diety (whether you be christian, muslim, buddhist, etc), and you will find negative connotations. My point? Even what you'd usually view as a pure/positive subject on this Earth, you'll have those whom have their own negative opinion: It matters not, the subject. You can't please everyone all the time.

I've been a business professional the last 10 years, and have brushed across lots of different industries. You don't have to be a professor to recognize professionalism when it sits in front of you. In my very short period of time I've gotten nothing but sincere votes of confidence and offers of help. I said it in another posting: "Surround yourself with like attitudes..."

I couldn't agree with you more, while I have not posted much, that is because when I have a question it is usually answered somewhere else by someone else having the same question!! It seems to me there two types of bad comments people, the ones who are in competition and the ones who want everything handed to them, (those are the type of comments I have seen) the competition ones are "shooting themselves in the foot" and the others; well need to learn that everything worth something comes at a price and it is not always monetary

I have only been here 2 days but so far I have found the information helpful and everyone friendly.

I have learned a lot since I joined IPIU; by reading, interacting and interchanging ideas with other members. I'm really happy I joined IPIU.

The IPIU has provided me an opportunity to really get out into the field and see if the investigative world is something I really want to get into. Thanks to the IPIU I now KNOW that the investigative world is where I want to be. I've got the education part down but I have had problems getting hands on experience in the field. That all changed when I joined the IPIU. The experience I'm getting is supplementing my education and makes for a very impressive resume. Thanks IPIU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd recommend this organization to anyone who is interested in this line of work.

I too was questioning the process after I first signed up. I honestly thought they were just after my money. But after only being a member for about a month now, I have a completely different outlook. I am already beginning to learn and understand the process and steps that are needed to become successful in this field. I realize I am still at the tip of the iceberg but look foward to much more. I think it is a good idea to keep the critics in mind. This is a good way to make future improvements, if needed.

JW

Thank you to all of you who have taken the time to write such in-depth, positive viewpoints. Its helping me to make the decision to join. Jnaet

gotta just jump in.....

Thank you to all of you who have taken the time to write such in-depth, insightful viewpoints. Its very helpful to those of us on the fence as to whether to jump in and join....Janet

I had initial doubts about IPIU credibilty and effectiveness, but they were all diminished after some research. I only am continually impressed with the organization and in-depth attention put into this Union. It first felt to good to be true, but it is TRUE.

Robin

Thomas J Nicol is offline Ambassador of Good Will
    International Private Investigators Union

Sr. Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Newman
    "All Good will be attacked". To think not, would be naive.

Why? Because my research shows that IPIU has only been around for the last decade or so, and that some associations and some "PI Schools" fear IPIU's Mission Statement. I feel their fear comes from losing their dollars to a better, more organized union that offers more benefits for less money. Does that make sense?
    Michael, you couldn't have hit the nail more squarely on the head. The "new kid on the block" is always open to ridicule by those who think they have it all.
    My research also shows that IPIU has some critics. Without any critics, IPIU would not have anything to offer to anyone! Anyone or any organization that offers so much Good should always have a few critics, don't you think?
    Well said.
    If you are a union member of IPIU, or a non-union member who has a free forum membership here, then you would have had to agree to IPIU's Code of Ethics. Have you read your copy lately? Would you honor and defend your Code of Ethics?
    It get a periodic reading, every word.
    Have you read the Forum Rules you agreed to?
    That gets looked at regularly.
    I have explored the many forums and comments and features of this website for sometime, and I have seen massive improvements since I first came three years ago. IPIU keeps getting better every month! What other association or PI school can claim that?
    None, that I have found.
    And that is another point that the critics fear, namely that IPIU will ultimately reach a worldwide status that no one can touch!
    Interestingly enough, that is very near.

Thank again for your offering. Well written and well stated.

TJ

wow...what a huge disappointment....you do only post positives.....he was right....

Donna Reagan is offline Administrator

Licensed Private Investigator
    DHS Certified
    Quote Originally Posted by Janet Barrett
    wow...what a huge disappointment....you do only post positives.....he was right....
    No true, Janet. Read your personal introduction where it was moved.

I am glad I joined. if I had not, I probably would not have come across a company that I do jobs for and it is a decent experience. I find IPIU very resourceful.

As I was completing an internet search into these "schools" I noted that one in particular listed the UNION as a "scham" The thing is that I wonder just how many individuals like myself, read thier statement and wanted to find out for themselves. That is exactly how I found the Union. After reading thier comments "bashing" the Union, I wanted to know for myself.......Here I am. I rather enjoy the union forums and will eventually pay for membership. Sometimes, all thier efforts to bash an organization, backfires on them.

I to had read some of these comments. I did some research and decided that what I read were some peoples own opinions and thoughts, which they are entitled to. I then kept reading posts and saw that there are so many professionals posting here that I was onto something good.
    I'm sure some of you know me by now from my posting and I just want to say that, yes, IPIU has its critics, but it has given me the knowledge to decide that this is what I want to do to better my life and my familys life. I know that this won't happen over night, but with all the support I get here I know I'll acheive my goal.
    With that in mind I thank all who are "family" for their continued support and inspiration.

Thumbs up All very true.....

I must admit that when my co-worker told me about IPIU, I was very skeptical because about a year or two ago, I was very, very interested in becoming a Bounty Hunter.

So I searched the websites and found this one company *****. I did a dumb thing, they asked for money so they could send me the test and other materials....I sent it and got nothing. After they got my money, they never answered the phone again from me. So, I felt this IPIU had to be another sham as the bounty hunter sham

But I did a little reading in the forums, then more, then I thought....well if they are a sham, I'm getting some great info. and knowledge free so far.

I kept reading, and reading......then I said to my co-worker.....this is great and I'm ready to get my membership, and I did...but I must say at first the process confused and lost me, then I got frustrated enough to quit, but I'm no Quitter!

Then I got hooked on reading, and reading, and reading........then I realized that no matter how much you know, no matter how many degrees you have, no matter how much experience you have, no matter how long you been in this field of work......you will learn something new EVERYDAY in these forums!!

I started in August 2005 and now I'm Level III Licensed Professional.

I don't know when the change comes in my title, but Agent Relations told me Friday. Yes, I cheated because of my Professional License.....but I earned it... .

I just want to say Atta Boy....IPIU!!!! Thanks to everyone that has written and educated me everytime I read. All the money I have paid is well worth the knowledge I received.

Take care and always be safe!

It amazes me to see so many people from all geographic regions come together and help promote each other. Thanks to all, Thanks to our Moderators for steering up back in the right direction sometimes.

Ashley Mayne-- is offline Licensed Private Investigator

Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forums
    The good thing about IPIU is that they are willing to accept and ultimately fix any fault or problem that arrises. To my knowledge, IPIU welcomes debate and no one has been censored here. Their comments are sometimes moved to an appropriate thread but not removed.

Well done team.

Lynne Knight is offline Certified Distinguished Member

(Retired Moderator)
    Corporate Agency Member of:
    The friendliness and professionalism I experienced during my first two days here in the forums, wiped away any tiny little doubts I had about joining this wonderful group of people. The assistance from members and staff is unmatched. I suppose if we didn’t have any doubters here occasionally, we wouldn’t be quite as quick to sing the praises of IPIU, TRULY!

My regret about IPIU is I signed up originally in May of 2004 and things happened where I couldn't pursue it. I realize things happen for a reason and I am glad I am able to continue my dream now.

I was looking for a job all over the world, when I found the site of IPIU. Before that, my head continued feeling the hit of an automatic screwdriver.

Since I became a part of this forum, I began to feel like there's millions of friendly people around me (from where I sit). In other words, "I don't feel all alone anymore".

It's true all good will be attacked. But don't give up to raise the greatest flag in the world. Even if you fall, many times or got beat up many times...get up!!!!....stand by me then keep moving on, and raise that flagas higher as it is that represent who you are, how you do, what you have, why you're here, where you beenwhen you come and goes for better or worse.

David Copeland is offline Administrator

Sponsored by:

Re: All Good will be attacked, and why IPIU has it's critics.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria Lu View Post
    ...to raise the greatest flag in the world.
    Funny you should mention that, IPIU has a project pending to order Flags and Banners of the union.

James Bone is offline ***
    Licensed Private Investigator

2006 - 2011 Professional Member of:

I have been a IPIU Union member a little over 1 1/2 yrs and have not found a site where the staff, and members help each other as much as they do here. I have made well over 10x's my union membership dues. Thanks, and keep on keeping on IPIU.

Jackie Stewart-- is offline * Certified (E)

Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:

I joined last year and started doing some video piracy assignments, and finally took the leap to get my training license. I'm glad now that I did. I feel that it was a good decision for me at this particular stage of my life.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast