Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: All Good will be attacked, and why IPIU has it's critics.

Michael Newman is offline Licensed Private Investigator
    Certified

Corporate Agency Associate Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Arrow All Good will be attacked, and why IPIU has it's critics.

I enjoyed reading another member's comment why he finds the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) one of the best associations, based on his professional opinion.

Read his comments:
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hick
    I am not one of the underdogs who is jealous of the "bigshots." I am a former Fed who is also struggling to "break in." I want to go head-to head with the "bigshots," and show them that this much-maligned union, IPIU, (sorry - but that is the small consensus by some of the "established" PI's) can be just a wee-bit more potent than they. I am always willing to take the stand (250+ cases); are they also willing to do so?

Look, IPIU may bill you for every little thing. But can you start a business without any outside assistance, yourself? Although IPIU is not a welfare program - it is, rather, a self-assistance program. The union needs to pay their personnel, rent, bills, etc (it's called fixed-costs). Some people want it free? Then try creativeimpacts (com).

I, for one, like IPIU's approach. It makes good business sense. I get to pay in small, affordable increments. IPIU just doesn't place your regions into extreme competitive environments; it helps you combat those same extreme competitive environments. Trust 'em (IPIU), please.
    My point too, except I will add "All Good will be attacked". To think not, would be naive.

Why? Because my research shows that IPIU has only been around for the last decade or so, and that some associations and some "PI Schools" fear IPIU's Mission Statement. I feel their fear comes from losing their dollars to a better, more organized union that offers more benefits for less money. Does that make sense?

My research also shows that IPIU has some critics. Without any critics, IPIU would not have anything to offer to anyone! Anyone or any organization that offers so much Good should always have a few critics, don't you think?

As an American, I have millions of critics whenever I leave the country! But does that mean my country, as a whole, is not worthy to be a country for the 300 million of us? Then why should IPIU be any different as a worldwide organization.

If you are a union member of IPIU, or a non-union member who has a free forum membership here, then you would have had to agree to IPIU's Code of Ethics. Have you read your copy lately? Would you honor and defend your Code of Ethics? If not, then I doubt you would earn my respect as a citizen of your own country, whether America or otherwise. Why agree to support what you purport to believe in, if you would not defend it?

Have you read the Forum Rules you agreed to? Probably not, as I did not. All I know is that I agreed to them, but after reading them I found that I have never seen a stricter set of rules that govern the conduct of it's members anywhere I have been. Why? Because Greatness requires Great People to be Great. If you want an easy association or an easy PI School or an easy life, then go elsewhere. There are plenty out there for a cheap price of expectation of it's members. I see that the International Private Investigators Union requires greatness in respect to it's members, as well as it's members showing respect to all others, regardless of their beliefs.

I have explored the many forums and comments and features of this website for sometime, and I have seen massive improvements since I first came three years ago. IPIU keeps getting better every month! What other association or PI school can claim that?

And that is another point that the critics fear, namely that IPIU will ultimately reach a worldwide status that no one can touch!

Respectfully,

Michael

Michael,
    Thank you for sharing all your research and comments. I had some initial doubs, but as I read thru these forums and see the new people joining daily, I am glad I am a member.
    Onto my next step.
    thanks again for the positive comments.
    regards,
    Barb

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Bacon
    Michael,
    Thank you for sharing all your research and comments. I had some initial doubs, but as I read thru these forums and see the new people joining daily, I am glad I am a member.
    Onto my next step.
    thanks again for the positive comments.
    regards,
    Barb
    The majority of members obviously take the time to read and participate. A few become disenchanted because they refuse to take the time to read and participate.

Petra Post - is offline Retired Administrator
    ***** Certified SPI

Former Insignio Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum
    Today you have to be careful what you get into... too many around. When I first came up on the International Private Investigators Union, I looked at it carefully before I made a decision to join. So far I have not had no regrets about that. Everything they offer, is up to us to take or leave, nobody twisting no arms. I for one am very happy to be part of this union. Thanks everybody at IPIU.

Michael,
    Thank you for your post and sharing your feelings about IPIU. Your passion is evident throughout the message. I am new to IPIU and to private investigating. I am going to start slow and gather as much information as possible. I would like to know a few things about you. How long have you been a private investigator? Are you "freelance" or do you work for an agency? After reviewing all of IPIU's resources did you feel comfortable representing yourself as a PI? Did you get your first job through IPIU? I have more questions, but I do not want to harass you. Your message was so impactful that I felt like you might share some information with me.

Heather

Michael,

Very well stated. I share the same sentiments as you. IPIU is a great place for any level PI. The help and assistance creates a family atmosphere that I have not seen duplicated anywhere else.

Kevin Nathaniel

Micheal,

Thank you for posting this thread. I agree with wholeheartedly and wished that more institutions (and as you elude to, countries or just individuals) would uphold higher standards.

Sincerely,
    Ivan Delgado, Ph.D.
    Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Newman
    I enjoyed reading another member's comment why he finds the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) one of the best associations, based on his professional opinion.

Read his comments:

My point too, except I will add "All Good will be attacked". To think not, would be naive.

Why? Because my research shows that IPIU has only been around for the last decade or so, and that some associations and some "PI Schools" fear IPIU's Mission Statement. I feel their fear comes from losing their dollars to a better, more organized union that offers more benefits for less money. Does that make sense?

My research also shows that IPIU has some critics. Without any critics, IPIU would not have anything to offer to anyone! Anyone or any organization that offers so much Good should always have a few critics, don't you think?

As an American, I have millions of critics whenever I leave the country! But does that mean my country, as a whole, is not worthy to be a country for the 300 million of us? Then why should IPIU be any different as a worldwide organization.

If you are a union member of IPIU, or a non-union member who has a free forum membership here, then you would have had to agree to IPIU's Code of Ethics. Have you read your copy lately? Would you honor and defend your Code of Ethics? If not, then I doubt you would earn my respect as a citizen of your own country, whether America or otherwise. Why agree to support what you purport to believe in, if you would not defend it?

Have you read the Forum Rules you agreed to? Probably not, as I did not. All I know is that I agreed to them, but after reading them I found that I have never seen a stricter set of rules that govern the conduct of it's members anywhere I have been. Why? Because Greatness requires Great People to be Great. If you want an easy association or an easy PI School or an easy life, then go elsewhere. There are plenty out there for a cheap price of expectation of it's members. I see that the International Private Investigators Union requires greatness in respect to it's members, as well as it's members showing respect to all others, regardless of their beliefs.

I have explored the many forums and comments and features of this website for sometime, and I have seen massive improvements since I first came three years ago. IPIU keeps getting better every month! What other association or PI school can claim that?

And that is another point that the critics fear, namely that IPIU will ultimately reach a worldwide status that no one can touch!

Respectfully,

Michael
    Michael,
    I think everyone has doubts in things they do not know but it is people like you that take a stand and voice their opinion that help us the new comers have more confidence in the choice they have made. Thank you for that Michael. And I do believe I speak for a lot of other out there
    Roberta
    AKA Robin

It's good to be skeptical.Like Petra said, there are way to many around. The bottom is it's your fault if you get if you didn't research it enough.

Thumbs up

I applaud IPIU's professionalism. There will be critics no matter where you go or what you do but IPIU has a very good record and I'm completely satisfied with the services they offer.

You can pay $400 - $1000 for a "home study" course, or, I've seen one company that will set up a "PI business" for you for a mere $5000.

IPIU offers training through the forums and will find you paid assignments for a fraction of the cost.

In my opinion, determination and patience are the keys to success in this business and the process IPIU uses builds determination and patience.

Michael,

Thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge with us. I can say - love what you do. I know that whatever you do, there are critics - but always the "Facts" remain.

IPIU is a great company. I have a friend who has been in this business for about 3 years and to my advantage she has never heard of this company. When I shared it with her she was really amazed! I know as I stay in tune to this channel she will be watching and I welcome her and others to this channel. It is so informative and every single day I learn something important. Keep up the good work!

Verleria

So far, no complaints. IPIU has lived up to it's promise. From what I can see, you do your part, and the union will do theirs.

Karen McQuilken is offline Private Investigators Forum Member

Member since 2003:
    Micheal,
    I agree with what others have written. i have been a member for alsomost a year, and i have NO bad comments to make about IPIU. They have been great with all my needs. Not to mention they have lived up to ALL their promises. We are all one family here and work well together.
    Karen McQuilken

Badge# 7016

This is all so reassuring ..You know how people are. But i feel confident that this is for me . I am ready to start a new career. Thank you for your encouraging words.

Good Post, Good Points.

As most of you I have seen criticism of the IPIU. One of the places was a website for a PI School (A neighbor of the IPIU to boot) where they bashed the IPIU, but also ALL the other PI schools. It is obvious in that instance that the criticizm was ALL unfounded and prompted only by greed to entice those who wont do their own research.

As a member of this forum (either free or paid union member) we are all interested in investigation work. We all need to do a little investigation of our own before we sign on (to anything). Thats what we do, thats what we like to do, thats why we're here.

Spending a little time here you get to see there are persons prospering here, mostly if you notice it is those who are participating. I'm pretty new here but enjoying what i've found so far, and looking forward to an opportunity at some of those assignments.

Good job IPIU, great job forum members. As the organization grows so will it's abilities to support it's members. I look forward to being here to see it grow even further.

regards,
    larry

Well this is certainly taking some investigation work for sure.

Eloisa Mooney is offline Certified

Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum
    Awwwhhh I love this thread. This is so true, all good things do get looked at and stomped on once in a while. My experience while strolling some websites out in Internet Land was like stubbing your big toe. I ran across some negative remarks by an individual about IPIU and then some positive remarks by someone who actually offers career opportunities to those of us here at IPIU trying to make a difference.

I loved peeking into this conversation because it grounded me. I discovered the individual who made the negative remark was from a competing business. The world is big enough so that all should be able to make it. His insecurity was such a turn off and he made himself and his company look worst.

AkunaMatada

Thumbs up lListen to what I have to say about IPIU and my own Investigations about it.

I am just going to jump in this and state my opinion thus so far.

I have been a member now for about a month and I love it. Sure I have looked unto the many stupid allegations that others have said about IPIU, but my conclusion is this;

If anyone feels that they are going to get the great P.I. job for $89.00 they are confused. (It is a membership with the benefits of being in a forum and belonging to what I believe is a great Organization.) I belong to FALI (Florida Association of Licensed Investigators), and let me tell you that I pay seriously more money that $89.00 per year to belong, and so far with my membership in just a short month I have been to fancy dinners and they have already asked me for donations. Do I like this? Sure I love it because it is called NETWORKING. I have already received major contacts. Ok I had to pay the big bucks to eat great food, and drive hours just to get there, but to me the long term effects will out due anything that I have already put into it. We have to at most times - always invest to become the major investor.

I believe so far in my own investigations about the P.I. business and IPIU is that as with anything in life one must actively seek and find their own plan of action for becoming a P.I.

It is like my self – I spent 28 grand on a college education, and did I expect that the college would find me (that great job in the sky)! No! I knew that I had to actively seek my own path and career. I did, however I changed my path as some of you well may know into the P.I. field and since becoming a free forum member I have fellowshipped and learned about my great new career though all of you.

I am going to become a member and I will be proud to be one!

Sorry I had to vent because of a web site I was just on about IPIU and the stupidity of people just amazes me sometimes.

Peace everyone
    Joanne DeHerrera

The participation from everyone has taught me many things. It is true that there is always going to be that one person who is jealous of what another accomplishes. IPIU is a place that I found by mistake, but I am glad that I did. I was skeptical at first just like many people out there, but it looks like the choice I made was the correct one. Thank You everyone!

I have just been here about a day. When I first saw the Code of Ethics and Forum Rules thread, my eyebrow raised a bit, but the more I look, the more that it just appears to be an indication of how detailed this website is. It reminds me of why I like working on BSD operating systems: the documentation is great, and it is organized with great care. It is like a powerful tool that helps you do your job, maintaining your career. That is what I expect from a union as well. The thorough Code of Ethics is a breath of fresh air, personally. Centralized things have a tendency to corrupt. A strong Code of Ethics is essential for it to grow. I haven't looked at some of the details of how it is run yet, but it looks good so far. This place has some of the best documentation on how to use the system that I have ever seen.

I have also been an administrator and co-owner for a fairly big (>5000 member) forum. Well-run forums can be extremely effective for learning about a common interest. The rules I had were much more liberal, but it was just a social hangout, and the drama was a feature, not a bug. I have first-hand experience why many of the rules were written; especially those about forums not being a democracy, and members being invited guests. So many people thought that free speech meant that they had some right to not be censored or banned from a private server.

I haven't been a member here at IPIU for very long. The more I read and learn the more impressed I am with them. This organization has a lot to be proud of and I'm greatful to be a part of it.

Pat

My name is Jeffrey Roemer and I am new to the Union. I must admit I like what I see so far. It's nice to be among dedicated professionals.

Allister Horton is offline **
    Lifetime Professional Management Member

Member Of:
    Micheal Iam sorry but you lost me for awhile, after reading farther. I realized where you were going IPIU is the best thing since sliced bread.

I think I am seeing some of the prejudices against membership in the union. I can't say this for sure, but I will keep you posted.

IPIU has proven itself to me by meaning what they say and more importantly doing what they say they're going to do. It is a joy and a pleasure being a part of IPIU.

It is safe to say there will always be critics, it is the world we live in. IPIU is by far the best I have come across. I belive it will gain an international status.

Ken

I am glad I joined IPIU...for it will make my new year one of the best, and most productive ones yet!!!

I am very happy that I joined IPIU, it has worked for me just as they said it would work. Although, a small percentage of people may have had a different experence. I think it is outstanding and glad to be a part of IPIU.

I have been on the forum for less than a month, however, during this time I have learned a great deal. The various people that I have met on the forums have been great in showing me where to go to find the information that I needed. I am very pleased in joining IPIU and look forward to a long working relationship with them.

thatsfor your insight, ipiu appears to be astrong very supportive PI tool, your comments in my minimum experience since i am a new member is right - on, ipiu code i feel will ensure only professional commited, ethical members are allowed within this organization. your positive comments and you research results and experience are welcomed. thank you,
    darryl hines

I have learned a great deal in these wonderful forums. This is one of the best teaching tools that people interested in the pi profession can have. Everytime I attend a forum, I learn pertinent knowledge!
    Patrice-Maria

Michael
    I understand all the rules and i am glad you put the thread up on the board I have been in the Military for the last 29 Years and I retire in March 05, Your comments and everyone thats at IPIU has hepl me decide that this is what I want to do for the rest of my life. Thank You
    David

I to was a little unsure about joining, but those fears have vanished. IPIU is such a great learning tool, and at your own pace there is so much to learn. I for one am loving this job.
    Millie Peever

Arrow one of the best tools are feedback/networking

i received your responses / threads regarding forums. everyone i talk to seem to enjoy the forums and highly recommend visiting one. i plan to visit as many forums i can in 2005, to improve my growth as a member of the ipiu. everyone in this union are more than willing to help trainees like my self to grow in this profession. i think we have all made the right decision joining the ipiu
    Darryl Hines
    PI Trainee

i received your thread, thanks for responding. i agree this union is the best. everyone is so helpful, and work to guide trianees to the right path in becoming a part of the union / profession. i also one of the other tools i appreciate are networking and communication between trainee and licensed professionals. i will try to attend as many forums as i can in 2005. hope to see you there.
    Darryl Hines

michael,
    thanks for your insight, i agree with your threads and this union
    Darryl Hines
    PI-Trainee

Member Of:
    I really appreciated your comments, I remeber when I first joined the IPIU I was so lost but their is always some to help. I love it and there is no doubt about it I know this is what I will do the rest of my life. If I can help email me I live to help some one else.

Thumbs up Great Tool

I too agree that all good will be attacked!!

I am new here and just starting my career and honestly if I didn't find IPIU I don't know how I would of started in this field. The people in these forums are very warm and welcoming into the "family" it's great to have that when your started a new career!

I've seen other websites post negitive things about IPIU, but I all I can say is that I am here and not there, so keep up the great work IPIU.

Cheers
    Don

Member Of:
    Welcome aboard Don we are glad to have you. Thanks for your encouraging comments we strive for advancement with IPIU.....

Thanks Allister for the welcome.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast