Thread: Vo-tech

I've noticed that my local Vo-Tech offers a two part course teaching all the state licensing requirements and regualtions for becomming a P.I.

Are these things a part of the I.P.I.U. training materials or would this course compliment that training? I realize that some of this would be picked up from the agencies one worked for, but would that be enough to satisfy a licensing board?

My state requires a minimum of 12 months varifiable investigative experience immediately previous to any application for licensing before they'll even consider accepting it, so there would be plenty of time to learn the rules either way.

IPIU is accredited by many state Vocational Training departments (where the Vo-Tech pays for the registration, credentialing, dues, books, etc for the first year), because IPIU's focus is on-the-job training, rather than academic classes.

Some states, like Washington, are allowing graduates of any school within their state to qualify for a PI license. Washington schools began popping up after this was offered, and have been charging as much as $3000 for a multiple-week class.

The IPIU law offices that review all academic courses for private investigation have been compiling the best of the best, to offer their own certified course (free) to all IPIU members.

Save $149:
    If a prospective IPIU member or trainee is a graduate of another course, they can mail their manual and certificate to the legal team for a free review. If the course has not already been reviewed, then the prospective trainee or member receives a FREE credit of all costs for the first year of registration and membership, which can amount to $149.00

We will announce certified courses as they become available. However, if any IPIU members have experience in either teaching or writing, they can apply to the training manual team by emailing at: support@ipiu.org .

Mary Warner, Moderator

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    BBB A+ Rating Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 21st Year Serving 41,932 Members
    CALL IPIU TODAY TO JOIN: 800-548-1526

In the dark on this one so here it goes.

I've also checked into the PI Classes offered at the Oklahoma Vo-techs. Most are just to get you with an understanding the Law and not much else. I'm in the process of working the 3-week class into my life in about a month. My question is does Oklahoma accept IPIU as a credit towards (or for) getting Cleet Certified, which is the Oklahoma PI License?

I agree.

Chris,

Just a thought but, have you checked out the website for CLEET yet? I have a buddy who directed me to their website and it seemed pretty informative.

Then again...you probably have seen it already if you know about vo-tech classes.

Anyway, just thought I'd ask

Re: Vo-tech

The State of California Vocational Training recently enrolled a new member for vocab training, credentials, training, books, software, etc all paid for!

Cynthia Ford
    Administrator - IPIU
    ----------