Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RENEWAL QUESTION: IPIU membership & Photo Credentials?

To whom can give advise,

I'll Be needing a renewal in a few months, how do I go about getting the papers I need for that?

Or is it as simple as when the time comes, IPIU will automaticaly mail the forms to me?

If any one could help, I would be greatful.

Thank you.

Louis R. Jensen

David Copeland is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Sponsored by:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    1) IPIU usually mails out a renewal form to it's members.

2) Some members may not receive a renewal form on time, but their benefits will continue until they are actually sent the renewal notice.

3) Renewal Forms include the option to have either a Renewal Sticker to be placed on their photo-credentials, or they can choose to have a new photo added, or they can choose to have the same photo used on a new card with new dates printed.

(Revised April 2004):

If you wish to renew with a credit card or check card, click on the following web link to choose your membership option to renew:

Membership Renewal Options Link

Above Online Options now include:

Both a one year renewal and a two year renewal (saving you up to $58.00!)

David

3. Is there a fee each year to renew the photo credentials and to have the criminal warrants check updated, or were the $69 and $39 fees for these items a one-time fee?

I understand that I will need to renew my membership every year, but was not sure if the criminal warrants and photo credentials also involved an annual fee.

Also, if a prospective employer inquires as to how often the criminal warrants check is updated, what would be the appropriate response? Is this just checked once a year, upon renewal, or can I in good faith advise that this is checked periodically throughout the year?

Thanks for the information.

Edward Taguba is offline Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forums

Professional Member of:
    Originally posted by Michele Kohan
    Is there a fee each year to renew the photo credentials and to have the criminal warrants check updated, or were the $59 and $29 fees for these items a one-time fee?

Aloha Michele,

You don't have to do the criminal warrant check again. Each year you just pay the membership fee.

Hope this help.

Aloha,

5. So what I am understanding is that once the Criminal Warrants Check is run, as a new member, and we pay the one-time fee for this, our files will be periodically updated with accurate warrant information, and the only fee we pay for this service is the annual membership fee?

I had a prospective employer ask how often our warrants check is updated. Do you know if this is done annually, quarterly, etc.

Thanks again for the information.

B Ann Craig - is offline Administrative Forum Trainer

Sr. Certified Distinguished Member:
    Michele, they can be done at different times. I do know that the Criminal Warrants Check lasts for a three year period, but they can be rechecked at any time.

Someone else may be able to give you more information.

Have a wonderful week. Take care.
    Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves;
    We are his people, and the sheep of his pasture...be thankful unto him, and bless his name. Ps 100

Visit our New Home Page: www.ipiu.org

7. Thanks

Thank you for the clarification regarding the criminal warrants check. I understand now how it works.

Michele, you are very welcome.

Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves;
    We are his people, and the sheep of his pasture...be thankful unto him, and bless his name. Ps 100

Question Expires

My Private Investigator ID Card expires next month. What do I do?

Re: Expires

Send an email to renew@ipiu.org for an auto reply of instructions.

Or, go to the credit card page and choose:
    http://www.privateinvestigators.cc/i...fceb6d14677efd

Question I'm confused!

I live in a state that does not require a license to be a PI. What if I chose not to renew my photo credentials? Does this mean that my badge is no longer valid and I can no longer use the badge # in/on other material? I think my membership is up very soon and I do plan on renewing but this question still haunts me as I really wasn't aware that once you took the exam, passed, moved on, etc. that it could all disappear by not renewing. Ummm.......!
    Barb T.
    Badge #5377

The one thing I don't see from all the discussion, is how often you have to renew. Are dues on a calendar year, or is it 12 months after you become a member? and/or which is the actual date you become a member?, meaning at which correspondance and by paying which fees?

Mark

Mark, you will renew each year form the date on your Photo Credentials. I hope this helps.

Photo ID

Originally posted by Edward Taguba

Aloha Michele,

You don't have to do the criminal warrant check again. Each year you just pay the membership fee.

Hope this help.

Aloha,

Photo ID

On the photo that I received from IPIU, on the back has your FP card and photo. But what does CWC mean.

Edward Taguba is offline Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forums

Professional Member of:

Re: Photo ID

Originally posted by Marco Antonio Garza
    On the photo that I received from IPIU, on the back has your FP card and photo. But what does CWC mean.
    Aloha Marco,

As part of your PI training Try to use the search feature on the top of the page. Then search for CWC

Aloha,

Re: Photo ID

Originally posted by Marco Antonio Garza
    CWC is Criminal Warrants Check and the date you completed the application.

Re: Re: Photo ID

Originally posted by Edward Taguba

Aloha Marco,

As part of your PI training Try to use the search feature on the top of the page. Then search for CWC

Aloha,
    Aloha Edward,
    As soon as I sent the question ,I knew what is was . Thanks for the info. Tried to stop the posting. By the way edward would you have any openings in hawaii. My wife and I are thinking of moving to hawaii.My 2 sons live there,one lives in oahu and the other in maui. My wife and I are both calif. state peace officers.I have been a officer for 9 years and my wife for 6 years.

thanks Marco

Jennifer Cossey - is offline Certified
    Executive Agency Member
    Licensed Private Investigator
    Quick question to anyone who can help. My membership is up in 3 days I am going to renew it on the day it expires, will my membership stay active or does it stop and I have to go through the whole process over again? Also the badge order does it have to be mailed with the COE and membership agreement?
    Please advise.
    Thanks
    JENNIFER COSSEY
    Licensed Private Investigator (Idaho)

Binx Investigations

Cossey Research
    State of Washington, USA

Jennifer, renewing on the last day will be alright. The process will go faster if you call them, and use your card for your dues. Then all they will have to do is mail you the COE to sign, and you will need to send in two pictures for your new Credentials. You can return the old Credentials, if you want to use the same photo as before. The phone number is 1-800-548-1526 and ask for Department 22.

The badge has to be paid seperate from the dues. You can ask about paying for the badge when you call about the dues. They send you the information to order the badge. If you don't have this information, just ask them to sen it to you.

Do we need to possess an IPIU ID card?

I have recently signed up as a IPIU Union Member, will I receive the training manual, ID card or anything in the mail? And if so, how long does it usually take to receive it?

My membership was issued and effective starting date, 08/01/2003 but in my profile my registration date is 05/08/2003. Is this a mistake or is there some reason to this. Does this mean my membership dues are due in May or on my effective starting date.
    Fredrick Brady

You need to renew your IPIU Credentials on the date that is printed on them. I hope this helps.

Originally posted by Shannon Raymond
    Do we need to possess an IPIU ID card?

I have recently signed up as a IPIU Union Member, will I receive the training manual, ID card or anything in the mail? And if so, how long does it usually take to receive it?
    Your User Title shows that you are a Licensed PI. Your license permits you to work for us.

As for your IPIU Membership questions, please post an Introduction first in this forum:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/forumdisp...?s=&forumid=45

Then the IPIU moderators can direct you to their time tables for the manual, etc.
    Josie

MS. JOSIE RAY
    Federal Civil Case Manager
    Law Offices Of Attorney Services
    National Division

Originally posted by Fredrick Brady
    My membership was issued and effective starting date, 08/01/2003 but in my profile my registration date is 05/08/2003. Is this a mistake or is there some reason to this. Does this mean my membership dues are due in May or on my effective starting date.
    Your membership dates are on your IPIU photo credentials. The date in your forum profile is when you first registered as a forum member and not a union member.

The expiration date of your photo credentials is printed on the card.
    Josie

MS. JOSIE RAY
    Federal Civil Case Manager
    Law Offices Of Attorney Services
    National Division

I cant wait to get my magazine.

Thumbs up IPIU magazine

Well Happy Holidays to all.I just received my IPIU magazine and it is great. The magazine has alot of information and educational articles. I think the PI magazine will be providing us with alot in our new career.

Marco Garza

I got my renewal in the mail But I have paid for my next year on Line. do I just send in a copy of my order in along with the other papers? I do not want to be charged on my credit card 2 times.
    Thank You and have a great Day

Lisa Frye - is offline Certified SPI

Moderator (On Leave of Absence)
    Sr. Distinguished Union Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyce C Dixon
    I got my renewal in the mail But I have paid for my next year on Line. do I just send in a copy of my order in along with the other papers? I do not want to be charged on my credit card 2 times.
    You shouldn't have to Joyce but if it makes you feel more comfortable it wouldn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyce C Dixon
    I agree. Go ahead and mail it along with a a big note that you already paid online. Just in case the online credit card was not applied to your account, they can verify it.

I need an address please.
    I will need to renew my membership dues via snail mail.
    The electronic form does not like my credit card. Please understand, my good is good, but the response itwould use a card with the first 4 didgits of my card. It is my bussiness credit card. I don't understand this, bit oh well. Snail mail still works-with an address. I will mail the renewal as soon as I get a response Thank You, Nancy Holdcraft

Lisa Frye - is offline Certified SPI

Moderator (On Leave of Absence)
    Sr. Distinguished Union Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy Holdcraft
    I need an address please.
    I will need to renew my membership dues via snail mail.
    The electronic form does not like my credit card. Please understand, my good is good, but the response itwould use a card with the first 4 didgits of my card. It is my bussiness credit card. I don't understand this, bit oh well. Snail mail still works-with an address. I will mail the renewal as soon as I get a response Thank You, Nancy Holdcraft
    Nancy,

Here is a number to call to renew your membership since you can seem to get it to work online. This process will be quicker for you then snail mail.

1-800-548-1526 dept. 44

Hope this helps.

Lisa

Alexandre Marra is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Alexandre Marra associate forum member

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Taguba
    Aloha Michele,

Hope this help.

Aloha,
    Dear Aloha

is there on time they said , members can renew their membership at the old rate discount. In 2003 I paid $89.00
    Also, all the benficts for members never applied to me
    such free continuing education, discount on Books, I never had a penny discount. I just placed an order for $ 104.00

Donna Reagan is offline Administrator

DHS Certified
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandre Marra
    is there on time they said , members can renew their membership at the old rate discount. In 2003 I paid $89.00
    The deadline at last years rate expired. The new rate is around $99 for one year, and less if you do 2-years.

Click here to renew:

Also, all the benficts for members never applied to me such free continuing education, discount on Books, I never had a penny discount. I just placed an order for $ 104.00
    Book order discounts are available by emailing books@ipiu.org . Ask them if you received the Preferred Membership discount. Management Members receive from 25% to 45% off.

Continuing Education and other free benefits are discussed in the CONFIDENTIAL MEMBERS forums. There are also some free PI Books there too.

Alexandre Marra associate forum member

Quote Originally Posted by David Copeland
    1) IPIU usually mails out a renewal form to it's members.

2) Some members may not receive a renewal form on time, but their benefits will continue until they are actually sent the renewal notice.

3) Renewal Forms include the option to have either a Renewal Sticker to be placed on their photo-credentials, or they can choose to have a new photo added, or they can choose to have the same photo used on a new card with new dates printed.

(Revised April 2004):

If you wish to renew with a credit card or check card, click on the following web link to choose your membership option to renew:

Membership Renewal Options Link

Above Online Options now include:

Both a one year renewal and a two year renewal (saving you up to $58.00!)

David

Dear David

can I download a renew form

Alexandre Marra investigator forum member

Quote Originally Posted by Donna Reagan
    The deadline at last years rate expired. The new rate is around $99 for one year, and less if you do 2-years.

Click here to renew:

Book order discounts are available by emailing books@ipiu.org . Ask them if you received the Preferred Membership discount. Management Members receive from 25% to 45% off.

Continuing Education and other free benefits are discussed in the CONFIDENTIAL MEMBERS forums. There are also some free PI Books there too.
    Dear Dona

Can I download a renew form from my computer

Donna Reagan is offline Administrator

DHS Certified
    Dear Dona

Can I download a renew form from my computer
    I gave you the link earlier to renew online with your credit card. Or, if you wish to renew with a check over the phone (phone check), call on Tuesday after the holiday at 800-548-1526 and ask for dept 22. For money orders, you will have to email usa@ipiu.org for instructions.

Smile

Hello TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN, I WOULD LIKE TO GET SOME INFORMATION ON HOW I CAN RENEW MY PRIVATE INVESTAGATORS BADGE. I ALSO WOULD LIKE MY PHOTO I HAVE THE SAME PHOTO THAT IS ON MY FIRST BADGE ON THE RENEWEL BADGE. ALSO, I SPOKE TO SOMEONE ON THE PHONE TO RENEW MY MEMBERSHIP, AND I PROCEEDED TO BY CREDIT CARD. I RENEWED MY MEMBERSHIP AND NOW I JUST WANT TO HAVE MY ID SENT TO ME BY MAIL WITH MY ORIGINAL PICTURE THAT WAS ON MY FIRST CARD, ON THE NEW CARD. kINDLY CAN SOMEONE GET BACK TO ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, TO SEE IF THIS CAN POSSIBLY GET DONE. THANK YOU. HAVE A NICE DAY.

ANTHONY BYRON

Alexandre Marra private investigator

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Byron
    Hello TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN, I WOULD LIKE TO GET SOME INFORMATION ON HOW I CAN RENEW MY PRIVATE INVESTAGATORS BADGE. I ALSO WOULD LIKE MY PHOTO I HAVE THE SAME PHOTO THAT IS ON MY FIRST BADGE ON THE RENEWEL BADGE. ALSO, I SPOKE TO SOMEONE ON THE PHONE TO RENEW MY MEMBERSHIP, AND I PROCEEDED TO BY CREDIT CARD. I RENEWED MY MEMBERSHIP AND NOW I JUST WANT TO HAVE MY ID SENT TO ME BY MAIL WITH MY ORIGINAL PICTURE THAT WAS ON MY FIRST CARD, ON THE NEW CARD. kINDLY CAN SOMEONE GET BACK TO ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, TO SEE IF THIS CAN POSSIBLY GET DONE. THANK YOU. HAVE A NICE DAY.

ANTHONY BYRON
    Dear Anthony

I have the same situation. You have different choices first
    you can have a stiker put in the same card, second if you have new photo in file you can have a new card complety made and sent to you, but you can't use the same photo in the old card, because it is laminated, it will be destroyed call the Ipiu they will send you a renew form that you will send back with a new photo Ok

Alexandre Marra

Smile

Alexendra , Thank You For Replying Back To Me. I Spoke To A Pi Yesterday, And They Told Me That There Was A Mistake On Their Part, And As A Result They Are Sendiong Me By Mail A Pi Id Card With My Photo On It And Also I Have 3 Months Free On My Membership That I Renewed In December Of 2004. There Was An Error On A Pi Part And As A Result That Pi Quit. Everything Is Ok Now And I Am Waiting For My Card So I Can Wait For An Assignment And Get Started As A Pi.

Anthony Byron
    Privite Investagator

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast