Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Reputation Points: New Feature Added to Our Forums Today!

B Ann Craig - is offline Administrative Forum Trainer

Sr. Certified Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum
    Edward, you are very welcome. Good luck in all you do.

Have a wonderful week. Take care.

Kathie Evans is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Hello all, I just read about the reputation points, its encouraging to know that others can comment, add points or so fourth!
    I do have 10 in such a short time,makes you want to keep up the good work!
    Off to the forums I go..
    Kathie

That is a good idea. I wondered what that green button was. I have to check that out.

Thumbs up

Well, I check out the feature such as the green button and the User CP options. I have a reputation of 10. That is good to know because it makes me feel that my comments are appreciated. Thanks for this information we learn something new every day.

Katrina

Hi Everyone,

This is such a great idea. I've wondered what the green button was for, guess I should have asked. If I would have known, I would have given reputation points to several people for their help. Better late than never!

Thanks for the post.

Colleen L Hayes Badge #6915

Thumbs up

This is a cool idea! I like it...

Don

Question Reputations

"Technical Support can create titles for a variety of reputation levels, so that members are given a reputation title when they reach a certain reputation level."

Is there a list of titles that one can achieve? I have seen a few different titles and was wondering what they are?

"Member's are allocated so many votes per day so as not to abuse the voting system. Take great and careful care when using your voting privileges of a particular Topic or Comment."

How many votes are we allotted per day, and are they based on our level or by the thread?

Do we start with a base number of points?

If we get reputation points are we able to view the comments under as well as the person that was willing to say something (presumably ) nice?
    Thanks for your time.

Post Reputation Points

Okay, I'm slightly embarassed ! I just found out about reputation points. I do think it is a good idea. I just hope it does not get misused by anyone with a dislike for someone else. I do know of quite a few people who deserve some reputation points!

thanks

Thank for taking the time to explain, This site is not going to give you anything unless you "network". Gregg

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    This topic may be edited an updated from day to day as our Technical Team discovers all of the new toys and treats our new forum software upgrade has for us.

Here's a Start:
    • User Reputation: The Member Reputation system allows the board members to leave comments about one anothers' posts, and thereby contribute to their overall 'reputation'. Your personal reputation button appears next to your current Post Count in the form of a color square button, such as this: . To read a reputation of a member, place your mouse over the color button and your mouse will show a text line of the member's current reputation.

Technical Support can create titles for a variety of reputation levels, so that members are given a reputation title when they reach a certain reputation level.

Member Reputation in its simplest form is a ranking of a member's benefit to the overall forum. Its basis comes from the opinions of all of the forum users that choose take part in it.

Members gain and lose reputation based on how their posts are scored by other forum participants. Members with the ability to affect reputation, will either give or take aways points by approving or disapproving with a post's content.

Member Reputation can be a derisive element of some other forums on the internet, so great care will be taken as this new option is monitored over the next several weeks.

Member's are allocated so many votes per day so as not to abuse the voting system. Take great and careful care when using your voting privileges of a particular Topic or Comment.
    Thank you for clairfying the object of what Reputation points are for or how they can mount up.
    Patti

I've been curious, thanks to all for clearing it up. I hope the idea of 'reputation points' encourages positive participation and encouragement.
    Are there any summary comments that Admin can make now about what they think of the results so far?
    Thanks.

Thumbs up Great addition

I really like user friendly applications and this one keeps getting better and better. This new tool is going to make it big. I give it a 10. Great job and thanks!
    Lorrie Ann

Stormy Renner - is offline *** Certified

Licensed Private Investigator
    Sr. Member - Private Investigators Forum

I just found this thread and I learned a few things...imagine that!
    This is a really great forum, thanks!! I am learning new things everyday.

Stormy Renner

This is great information to know, thanks IPIU!

Re: Reputation Points: New Feature Added to Our Forums Today!

Wow! what a great idea. I love it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2