Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reputation Points: New Feature Added to Our Forums Today!

Arrow Reputation Points: New Feature Added to Our Forums Today!

This topic may be edited an updated from day to day as our Technical Team discovers all of the new toys and treats our new forum software upgrade has for us.

Here's a Start:

• User Reputation:
      The Member Reputation system allows the board members to leave comments about one anothers' posts, and thereby contribute to their overall 'reputation'. Your personal reputation button appears next to your current Post Count in the form of a color square button, such as this: . To read a reputation of a member, place your mouse over the color button and your mouse will show a text line of the member's current reputation.

Technical Support can create titles for a variety of reputation levels, so that members are given a reputation title when they reach a certain reputation level.

Member Reputation in its simplest form is a ranking of a member's benefit to the overall forum. Its basis comes from the opinions of all of the forum users that choose take part in it.

Members gain and lose reputation based on how their posts are scored by other forum participants. Members with the ability to affect reputation, will either give or take aways points by approving or disapproving with a post's content.

Member Reputation can be a derisive element of some other forums on the internet, so great care will be taken as this new option is monitored over the next several weeks.

Member's are allocated so many votes per day so as not to abuse the voting system. Take great and careful care when using your voting privileges of a particular Topic or Comment.

I really like it! I love the idea of letting you know what we think of our friends here. The new design is really nice to look at and easy to use.

The only other change that I would like to see is instead of "current active viewers" being at the bottom, it would be nice to have it at the top. I know I know, I ALWAYS want the easy way out LOL

Thanks!

Thumbs up Admin

Thank you for giving us this update.
    Kudos to the team's brainstorming! The new layout is uncluttered and quite easy on the eyes.
    I'm happy perusing.

What point levels will be good and very good to maintain? Will points be based upon the comment as information or ... what criteria?
    I can see that this will be a useful tool for many members.

I like the colours of the smiles, too!

thanks again!
    Val
    Badge #6860

Endless Possibilites -
    Unlimited Potential
    /cpr

William Brassfield is offline Moderator::
    (On Leave of Absence)

Sr. Distinguished Member:
    Member since 2002

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    • User Reputation:
      The Member Reputation system allows the board members to leave comments about one anothers' posts, and thereby contribute to their overall 'reputation'.

I wondered what that was all about.
    Will Brassfield

Where there's a will, there's a way......and I'm Will

Visit our New Home Page: www.ipiu.org

Visit our New Bookstore: www.privateinvestigators.cc

Thanks for the insight. I got on this morning and was surprised by the new layout, even though I really like it.
    Can you view what others put in your reputation?
    The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on.

Badge #6942

IPIU Forum Website looks great!

TO: IPIU Technical Support and Designer(s) of the IPIU Website:

I wanted to take the time to tell you that the new graphical user interface of the IPIU forum looks great! It is also very user friendly.

I'm excited about the new added features.

Congratulations to all of the team members for a job well done.
    Last edited by Bridgett Brown -; 03-29-2004 at 02:28 PM.
    Bridgett Brown

Badge #6997

The added User Reputation feature

Hello:

Will the new User Reputation feature also be a determining factor in being awarded the beautiful IPIU seal?
    Bridgett Brown

Badge #6997

I have another opinion too. While trying to print the pages needed, I find that the webpage is set to wide. My printer won't print all of the right side. Is it me or can you fix the layout?

Thanks

Edward Taguba is offline Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forums

Professional Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen Rodriguez
    I have another opinion too. While trying to print the pages needed, I find that the webpage is set to wide. My printer won't print all of the right side. Is it me or can you fix the layout?

Thanks
    Karen,

Scroll to the top of the thread here.. Right above the Admin post. You see Thread Tools, Search this Thread, and Display Modes.

If you click on Thread Tools there is a printer friendly version. So click on Show Printable Version.

Hope this helps.

Aloha,

ohhhh

I must have missed that one!

Thank you Ed!!!

I love how you click forum member name (located in the upper left corner of post) and you are able to select the options such as: view profile, find all post...., buddy list, etc. This is nice.
    Bridgett Brown

Badge #6997

Eloisa Mooney is offline Certified

Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum
    Recently I noticed someone had given me a reputation comment that showed up in my control panel. I loved it because someone who is senior took notice of a url I posted and checked it out for usefullness. He took notice of my name and made the time to compliment me.

It made my day!!

I am not sure what the points can be spent on but the real gold is in his comment.

Thank you.

Eloisa,

That's great you received a reputation comment. Keep up the good work and the great attitude.

I believe this is a good idea , not only do you gain sight in someone else but yourself as well.

A wonderful system. A great reward for those who do great things.

Aric Brookshire

I have a hard time finding my posts...there should be a search option to search for your own post.

Edward Taguba is offline Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forums

Professional Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoner Valmyr
    I have a hard time finding my posts...there should be a search option to search for your own post.
    Yoner,

There is a way. You just need to click on Search on the top and you may search by User Name.

B Ann Craig - is offline Administrative Forum Trainer

Sr. Certified Distinguished Member:
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoner Valmyr
    Yoner, click on your name in any post, and a drop down will come up. Then click on View All Posts By Yoner Valmyr, and you will be able to see all of your posts. Like Ed, said type your name in the search box in the toolbar at the top of any page to find your posts, also. I hope this will help. Good luck in all you do.

Have a wonderful week. Take care.

Thanks Ed and B Ann...You guys are very helpful...Keep up the good work.

I think it is an encouraging method. At times, we all need a little affirmation. Thanks.
    Julie Mercer

Yoner, you are very welcome.

Have a wonderful weekend. Take care.

Petra Post - is offline Retired Administrator
    ***** Certified SPI

Former Insignio Distinguished Member:
    Kudos to all that have thought this through for us. Thank you. I saw my reputation points, too. What a great feeling. I haven't quite figured out how to give points to others yet? I'll get right on it. Happy 4th of July everybody...

Petra, this is how to add your comments. You click on this icon in the post. This will add, or take away form a persons reputation. Good luck in all you do.

***** Certified SPI

Ahhh, thanks Ann... got it... check out the thread I posted this morning... I got my results back... so happyyyyy... see you on level 4...

Petra, you have made it now. Read all you can in level 4, and good luck on all your upcoming assignments. Sign up for the assignments as soon as you can.

***** Certified SPI

Ann,
    Does the reading ever stop? lol... Here I thought, I am good to go and now my head is spinning again from all that is happening on level 4. I was so tired last night, all the letters started to hop around on the screen. It was time for me to get some rest. Still excited though. See you there...

Is there a certain level before you can comment on reputations?

What a wonderful idea and an excellent reminder to us all that part of being a professional is how we present ourselves in these forums. What better way to know how we are perceived by others!

The new format is very user friendly and I applaud the great work that the technical team has done.

Quote Originally Posted by Petra Post
    Ann,
    Does the reading ever stop? lol... Here I thought, I am good to go and now my head is spinning again from all that is happening on level 4. I was so tired last night, all the letters started to hop around on the screen. It was time for me to get some rest. Still excited though. See you there...
    Petra, your amount of information will slow down, but reading is always going to be needed. Later it will be just to brush up on what you have already read before, or to read any new changes. We need to stay on topic. Good luck in all you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrina M Wessel
    Is there a certain level before you can comment on reputations?
    Corrina, you can reply on someones reputation any time. Just click on the image in the post you want to give points. I hope this will help. Good luck in all you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Morrow
    The new format is very user friendly and I applaud the great work that the technical team has done.
    Carol, I agree, they have done a fantastic job on our forum. Good luck in all you do.

Viewing Reputation Points

At what level do you start to earn the new reputation points?Where can you view your own reputation points?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothea Torres
    At what level do you start to earn the new reputation points?Where can you view your own reputation points?
    Dorothea,
    Do you see the scale at the top right of your post? It is between the number of posts & the bad reputation symbol. Right click on the scale and that will allow you to enter a reputation comment. To view you reputation comments, go to User CP, located at the top of the thread in the drop-down menu. I hope this helps you.
    Julie

Red face Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Mercer
    Dorothea,
    Do you see the scale at the top right of your post? It is between the number of posts & the bad reputation symbol. Right click on the scale and that will allow you to enter a reputation comment. To view you reputation comments, go to User CP, located at the top of the thread in the drop-down menu. I hope this helps you.
    Julie
    Thanks for the info. It helped clear up my question I had searched all over for.

Thank you for the information Julie. I did go to User CP and look there, but I still did not see anything tha has to do with Reputation. It could be that I don't have any reputation points, or that I am too low to recieve reputation points.
    At what level can you begin to recive these points?

Dorothea,
    Reputation points is under "edit options" under Settings & Options (in Control Panel.) You can also make other modifications like display, date & time, etc.

***** Certified SPI

Dorothea,
    Hello and welcome to IPIU... Rep points will be made from others to you (when they think you did well)... also you can give Rep points to others if you feel they have done well. If you just started, it will take some getting involved in the forums before you will receive some... Just keep checking, they will come... hope this helps... I am glad you joined us. Good luck to you.

Thank you Petra for the information, I will just keep my eye out for them. Do you know if you get an email notification when someone add to or subtracts from your reputation points?

I would like to thank B Ann and Julie for the information in this thread. It is something that will be useful in this forum.

***** Certified SPI

Hello Dorothea,
    No, I don't think so... rep points are just a little extra. I think it's feel good about yourself points. Give them when you think someone deserved them... do well to others, like help out, then you will receive them... that's all. Have you already introduced yourself? When you do a intro, people will come in and welcome you. Then they will leave you with links to read up on. This way you find your way around the forums in no time. Read and post yourself as much as you can. We have new people coming in every day. So have fun and make some new friends. Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast