Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I have a thirst for knowledge, so I was eager to read the Manual and return my tests!

Red face Waiting for Manual's

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Roberson
    I finally received my manual and test. I enjoyed the manual. I learned alot while reading it and the test was easiler than i anticipated. Everyone here has been very helpful with their input and professional knowledge. Thanks to all at IPIU.
    Penny,

I just returned my package and am eagerly awaiting to open my mailbox and see the manual and test have arrived. I am anxious about the test, but your comment that the test was easier than anticipated gave me a sigh of relief.

Best of luck to you!

I cannot wait, I just got the ball rolling today and my 1st package should be here in 3-5 business days. I am looking forward to getting the paperwork filled out and sent back. I purchased the Perferred Membership so I think I am getting a TON of paperwork during the same time.

I did the Electronic CC priority order for the application process and also joined IPIU with the Perferred Membership.

Manual

It's faster if you go ahead and order it online from the store. It can be on it's way now instead of you having to wait for them to get your info, process it, and send out your manual.

I have just put my test in the mail, and I enjoyed the test experience. The way the test weaved you back and forth through the chapters caused me to re-read the manual again for the most part. Which would make sure everyone read it at least once. LOL.. I liked the other questions that were not covered in the book, and enjoyed the mind tease remembering the answers from my other studies. I expect to hear from some agencies by the end of next week, or begining of the following week. In the mean time I'm utilizing the time to set up phone, fax and cell phone services for this new career. Plus their is some equipment that needs ordered for the business. All and all I'm very happy with the whole process, thanks admin.....
    Sincerely John

David Copeland is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Sponsored by:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda Castaneda
    Penny,

How long did it take you to get your manual?
    If you cannot locate the specific topic that answers your question, please post your question in your Introduction Topic where the trainers can better direct you.

Quote Originally Posted by Denise Damazio
    What is the time frame from when you mail your package until you get the manual and test?
    If you cannot locate the specific topic that answers your question, please post your question in your Introduction Topic where the trainers can better direct you.

From your post it sounds like I am supposed to order the manual and test... am I understanding you right? I thought it was sent to me after IPIU received my package. Now I am confused... please someone give me the right answer.

Thanks,
    Denise

Wink I understand where you are coming from

I received my training materials this weekend, but was unable to look at it until today. Knowledge is empowering.

Michelle

Received my placement application today and you would think I had received my actual license. I was so proud! I shared the news with my father (recently retired PI) who's agency code name is L.I.S.A. told him I will be taking up where he left off.
    I have two questions? First, time frame to process and how is it process through what information databases (Criminal Warrants Registration Application). Second question, Is there any material that I can download to read while I am online. As much I would like to stay on all night train, My position as a Labor Compliance Officer requires me to be onsite by 6:00 am. Please direct me on downloading reading and studying material while onsite.

Denise Damazio is offline Certified

Distinguished Member: Private Investigator Member
    Lisa,

I felt the same way when my application came. It is just so exciting to know that a long time dream is coming true for us and all the other members.

I don't know what the time frame is to get the manual, but I would also like to know if there is a download that we could study until it does come.

Wish you the best of luck Lisa,

Denise

I got my manual and test a week ago, read and took the test within 24 hours, and sent it back. Now I am waiting to see how I did.

I found the test to be interesting and a good exercise in finding information (built to make sure you read the manual plus a few other resources).

Good luck to everyone,
    Ivan Delgado, Ph.D.
    Texas

Lisa and Denise,
    Hopefully an Admin will be able to help you about the ability to download information from the site. I have used MS Word to help me, by copying the information that I am interested in and pasting it onto Word. Then I can read and print it as I have time. I have a fairly large Word document with all the info that I want to print and store in a 3-ring binder. Hope this helps.

Reading all of your posts makes me regret not making this move earlier. I am waiting in anticipation to receive my training manual and test. As with most of you, I am excited about learning everything there is to know about this field.

I think I have read almost every forum available to me and each time I read about a new subject I want to find out more about it.

I am very excited about this opportunity and look forward to corresponding with everyone.

Brian Pia

I am a firm believer that good things come to those who wait! Although I am totally excited about getting this career launched I feel the need to the continuance of reading these forums and learning. As my quote below says: Keep on Keepin On! My manual will find it's way home soon enough!
    "Keep On Keepin On!"

Steve McAtee
    Badge# 10053

Flora Porter is offline * Certified SPI
    Distinguished Member of Private Investigators Forum

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve McAtee
    I am a firm believer that good things come to those who wait! Although I am totally excited about getting this career launched I feel the need to the continuance of reading these forums and learning. As my quote below says: Keep on Keepin On! My manual will find it's way home soon enough!
    Good day Steve,

Keep us posted when manual arrive.

P.I.Trainee
    Flora Porter

Question Did your manual arrive ?

Hi Brian and Steve,

Did you receive your manuals yet ? If not, just keep reading in all the forums. There is so much to learn, it sometimes boggles the mind !!

Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Sandra

Waiting For Manual

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Delgado-Orlic
    I got my manual and test a week ago, read and took the test within 24 hours, and sent it back. Now I am waiting to see how I did.

I found the test to be interesting and a good exercise in finding information (built to make sure you read the manual plus a few other resources).

Good luck to everyone,
    Ivan,

I hope my manual comes soon. I returned my picture and prints July 29. I went to the library and checked out some books regarding Private Investigations along with reading the forums. I am just so anxious to get started.

Good luck on your test results.

A Common Thread...

We all seem to have something in common here: an extreme sense of excitement! I am no different, as I can't wait to receive my finger-print card, code of ethics, etc. I'm sure our excitement will temper a little when we begin the realities of the work, but the enthusiasm and positive nature of the IPIU community really must say something about this career!

Hi Sandra,

I received my fingerprint cards last Friday and cannot get them done until this Saturday. The waiting is driving me crazy! I filled out all of my paperwork that came in the packet and I will mail it as soon as I get my prints done on Sat.

I also just signed up for the managment membership today. I guess at this point its just a waiting game.

I am reading as much as I can in the forums to get more familar with the topics available, but anm very anxious to read the manual and take the test.

Do you know how long it takes to get the manual once I send back my prints and photos?

Brian

Wink Sound Familiar?

Brian, I am sure others will agree when I tell you that your scenario sounds very familiar.

Playing the waiting game is basically a requirement to enter the IPIU Family. I won't bother you with the "all things worth waiting for..." story.

Good luck and patience.

Thomas J Nicol is offline Ambassador of Good Will
    International Private Investigators Union

Sr. Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Pia
    Do you know how long it takes to get the manual once I send back my prints and photos?

Brian
    Hi Brian,

Enjoy the day,

TJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kurk Petterson
    Brian, I am sure others will agree when I tell you that your scenario sounds very familiar.

Playing the waiting game is basically a requirement to enter the IPIU Family. I won't bother you with the "all things worth waiting for..." story.

Good luck and patience.
    Just look at the waiting as preparation for your PI career...you'll be prepared for all those long surveillances!

Speaking of not wanting to wait, I received my call from IPIU today and decided to go ahead and upgrade to the priority mailing...everything should be here by next Wednesday!

Glad to see everyone is soooo excited. I can't even remember the last time I was this excited about WORK!

Take care everybody!
    Mo

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Pia
    Hi Sandra,

Brian
    Brian,

Reading through the forums, I have read that it takes approximately six weeks after your prints and photos are received. So far, this is my third week. I will be happy to let you know when I get my manual just as a patience check

Best of luck.

Cheryl,

Thank you. Please keep me posted on your progress.

Brian

I am going into my 3rd week on Monday since sending my prints in. Hope my manual and test arrive soon.

Denise

Good Luck Everyone!

I took the test and learned a lot while I was studying. In my case I was able to fax it in and it was processed incredibly fast. I am so excited that I passed and now I can be placed with agencies. I hope that everyone will study hard, pass and feel the exhileration that I do right now.

Good luck all!

Quote Originally Posted by Mashika McCoy
    I took the test and learned a lot while I was studying. In my case I was able to fax it in and it was processed incredibly fast. I am so excited that I passed and now I can be placed with agencies. I hope that everyone will study hard, pass and feel the exhileration that I do right now.

Good luck all!
    Mashika,

Congratulations on passing the test. I feel your exhileration, along with my eagerness to receive the manual. I am sure everyone is interested in hearing about your first assignment.

Keep us posted on your success!

Mashika,

That is fantastic! I did receive my photo credentials. Now I will wait for the manual and test. I am reading everything I can and trying to soak up as much knowledge as possible. I am so excited for you!

Best of luck on your assignments,

Denise

Thumbs up Congratulations

Hi Mashika !

Congratulations on passing your test !!

What will be even more exciting, is when the assignments start rolling in !! As soon as you receive word that you are allowed to go to the Integrity Investigations Forum and the Fed. Anti-Piracy Forum, make sure you do so. Sign up with all the agencies. It is well worth it !!

Hope to hear more from you in the forums.

Sandra

Thanks Sandra,

That is a good tip. I will look into it today to see if I can start signing up. That way I can take advantage of all my options. I hope to have enough assignments to keep me busy.

Mashika,

That is fantastic! I did receive my photo credentials. Now I will wait for the manual and test. I am reading everything I can and trying to soak up as much knowledge as possible. I am so excited for you!

Denise
    I received my photo credentials and I also ordered a badge wallet to keep it in. I know that you can't wait to receive your manual and I can tell you from experience that you will not be dissappointed. It won't be long now. There is a lot of helpful and interesting information. If you do not already know what area of private investigation you want to specialize in, it will clear up a lot of your questions.

Good luck!
    Mashika

Mashika,

Denise
    Let us know your experience with the manual; I am a couple steps behind you and would love to know how it works out for ya! Good luck.

Brian,

Another news update

I received my COE package yesterday with my laminated photo ID. It took 25 days total since I returned my prints and photos. I have not read thru the forms yet and a manual didn't come with it. So, more to come.

How are you doing so far, and what is the best info you found? Tell me yours and I will tell you mine

Wink

Hi Everyone,
    The manual is great,you'll learn alot from it.The badge takes a little more time,it
    took me 4 months to get mine but it was worth it.I hope you great luck with
    your test.
    Carolyn D.Lee

Question Waiting and Wondering

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn Donna Lee
    Hi Everyone,
    The manual is great,you'll learn alot from it.The badge takes a little more time,it
    took me 4 months to get mine but it was worth it.I hope you great luck with
    your test.
    Carolyn D.Lee

Carolyn,

Thanks for the update regarding the badge. I was curious when I returned my COE yesterday how long it would be. Do you remember how long it took to receive the manual after you returned your COE?

Smile

Cheryl,
    It took about 2 months if I remember right,or maybe a little less.
    I know it's hard to wait but it really is worth it I love it.I don't get to spend
    alot of time on the forum's but I spend as much as I can.I want to go back
    and re-read my manual it's been awhile.
    I'll talk to you later.Have a great day.
    Carolyn Lee

Carolyn,

2 months uh? Well, by then I should be very good in the forums

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

Good luck on the test. I can't wait to see what type of information is in the manual.

Whats up my ipiu family members guess what i just did my first mystery shop and it was so exciting!!!!It took so long for everything but believe me once you take that test and pass every thing happens so fast and once you do your first job you wont be able to describe the feeling .good luck to every one and keep me posted on your achievment.

William,

Congrats on your first Mystery Shop. I used to do that back in 1990. Since there is vary of Mystery Shop, since not sure what you had to do. Glad you enjoyed it. I did different types of Mystery Shop back in 1990. From testing the employee honesty, to testing car dealerships, from doing a price accuracy, to going to a bar to observe what is going on in the bar, and take mental notes. Many things I did, but the main thing is you, not of what I did. Congrats!!

John

Thumbs up The Fun Begins

WOW!!

You have come a long way really quick - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Keep us fellow anxious and biting at the bit folks posted

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast