Thread: Is this dumb? Customer at Wal-Mart arrested for cashing million-dollar bill?

Is this dumb? Customer at Wal-Mart arrested for cashing million-dollar bill?

What is the mental IQ of a Wal-mart customer who thinks she can get change by passing a million-dollar bill at the cash register???

Edward Taguba is offline Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forums

Professional Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    How did she get a million dollar bill.. Crazy maybe she stole it..

That sounds like something that should have come with a warning sign. Something like "Warning: Not legal tender. Don't be an idiot and try to cash this." would be appropriate.

That story is as good as the lady from my area that claims that she won the mega-million lottery on a lost ticket. That story made big headlines here. A person came forward with the winning ticket, then this lady claims she is the winner because she lost the ticket in the parking lot. Did you here about it?

lottery ticket

Even I heard about that one. Didn't she try to sue the winner, claiming the other woman had found her ticket?

Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum Member
    Originally posted by Edward Taguba
    How did she get a million dollar bill.. Crazy maybe she stole it..
    According to the news story I heard, she claims her husband gave it to her. This has been a big discussion topic at work. Now I'm shaking my head at some of my co-workers mentality.

I can't imagine anyone believing a store would have change for a large bill like that, even if it wasn't counterfeit.

Donna Coleman-- is offline *
    Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigator Forum Member

2004 - 2008 Member of:

Thumbs down Plain Stupid!!!

I could not believe it when I heard that on the news this morning. And she was smiling in her mug photo. She claimed her husband had given her 3 of the bills as a gift. If someone had given me 3 million dollars I sure would not be going to Walmart. Besides she should be on the "Police video's titled "The stupid criminal caught on tape".

It makes you wonder what goes on in other persons heads. It is kind of weird that people think that they can do these kind of things and not get caught.

Professional Member of:
    Originally posted by Larry Earley
    That story is as good as the lady from my area that claims that she won the mega-million lottery on a lost ticket. That story made big headlines here. A person came forward with the winning ticket, then this lady claims she is the winner because she lost the ticket in the parking lot. Did you here about it?
    Larry,

Yes I heard it from all the way here.. Hawaii.. That story was stupid and then she claim that she did loose her ticket but not that one.

Professional Member of:
    Originally posted by Kanda Force
    According to the news story I heard, she claims her husband gave it to her. This has been a big discussion topic at work. Now I'm shaking my head at some of my co-workers mentality.

I can't imagine anyone believing a store would have change for a large bill like that, even if it wasn't counterfeit.
    Kanda,

I know what you mean.. Why would anyone go to the store and try to cash a mil *laugh* smart thinking.. Just because wal-mart is a multi million company don't mean that they have the cash change *laugh*

Her husband? Wow some rich man..... I want 1 bill of a million please.

Professional Member of:

Re: Plain Stupid!!!

Originally posted by Donna Coleman
    Besides she should be on the "Police video's titled "The stupid criminal caught on tape".
    Donna,

I agree.. ahha I like that one.

Professional Member of:
    Originally posted by Larry Earley
    It makes you wonder what goes on in other persons heads. It is kind of weird that people think that they can do these kind of things and not get caught.
    Larry,

Tell me about it.. You should hear this story..

This guy in Hawaii went to the bank and robs the bank using a letter. Later they found out that letter had his letterhead behind it. He got caught. He used his recycle paper.
    *laugh*

Ok now I believe....there IS one born every minute. lol

Wonder if these people think the rest of the world is crazy or what??

Brenda Muller is offline **

2003 - 2004 Member of:
    The lady with the 1,000,000 dollar bill was made by her husband. which they seem to be a great pair neither one of them has any smarts. For one the government don't make million dollar bills.

Some people make you think.
    Brenda Muller

Badge# 6864

There is a lot of Counterfeit Money going around here where I live, and these people are so good at what they do that the money looks so real and this has been going on for the past year and 1/2 and these people has not been caught yet.

Donna Coleman-- is offline *
    Distinguished Member:

2004 - 2008 Member of:

here's another one

How about this cleaning lady that worked at the courthouse found the judges wallet while cleaning the mens rest room. Well she stole the wallet and her boyfriend went to walmart, used one of the judges credit cards then started to sign his name, crossed it out and signed the judges name. Yes he was busted along with the girlfriend. How dumb can that be??? LIfe is like a box of choclates you never know what you are going to get in this case a real idiot.

i'm not saying this is the case here, but

In addictions, there are some people who are "constitutionally incapable of telling the truth."
    To them their behavior is not dumb...it just is.
    (These are called pathological liars.)
    When you combine that with grandiosity...
    eventually you can get busted.

Who in thier right mind and thinking would think they could use a million dollar bill to buy something at Walmart??? Also, I am presently living in Jerusalem, Israel. I went to the Burger King here and was give change that included conterfeit money. I found out it was counterfeit because I tried to spend it at another store. I took the counterfeit money back to Burger King and they exchanged it for proper currency. They simply said " we are sorry "

Carl House

HAHAHAHA! This lady is crazy. I have this image in my head of her going to the cashier: Uh, excuse me, can you break a million?!! hhahahahaaha! Imagine the look on the cashier's face! Some people are crazy.

I once saw this episode of stupid criminals on TV and there was this one with this employee at a sporting goods store. The tape shows him closing up and going into the back store room apparently to clock out and go home. Well, about 5 minutes later, out walks this guy with a brown paper bag on his head (eyes holes of course) and starts stealing stuff. Well, it was the store employee who just closed up... how did they know? The genius still had his work uniform AND NAME TAG on. hahaahaha!!

Oh boy, some people just don't think.

Don't You Just LOVE People???

People never fail to amaze me with the things they think they can do and get away with. That's what keeps me laughing! I once worked a robbery where the suspects tied up the victims and put them in a room - together - with the store phone! They undid each other and called 911. Now, that wasn't the funny part. That was when the suspect barricaded the door to the room he locked them in - put chairs, ladders, and file cabinets in front of the door. The big problem was ............. the door opened in!!!!!! Gotta love it!

Michael Harris is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Distinguished Insignio Colleague of:
    This is from the official Bureau of Engraving and Printing website.
    The front of the bills feature portraits of famous, deceased American statesmen: George Washington on the $1, Thomas Jefferson on the $2, Abraham Lincoln on the $5, Alexander Hamilton on the $10, Andrew Jackson on the $20, Ulysses Grant on the $50, and Benjamin Franklin on the $100. Notes of higher denominations, while no longer produced featured William McKinley on the $500, Grover Cleveland on the $1000, James Madison on the $5000, and Salmon Chase on the $10,000.

The backs of the bills feature images reflective of the history of our nation: The Great Seal of the United States on the $1, the signing of the Declaration of Independence on the $2, the Lincoln Memorial on the $5, the Treasury Building on the $10, the White House on the $20, the Capitol on the $50, and Independence Hall on the $100. Denominations higher than $100 feature ornate impressions of the numerical value of the note, such as an ornate "500."
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

I think that there should be a law for criminals that are that stupid... they should get extra time for stupid crimes...

Petra Post - is offline Retired Administrator
    ***** Certified SPI

Former Insignio Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum
    I thought of this learning period to all be cut and dry. Instead I find out that there is so much sharing going on which is wonderful and funny, too. I knew of some of these stories, hard to believe for me, but some are new to me... thanks everybody for sharing

Pathological idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Debra Lewis
    In addictions, there are some people who are "constitutionally incapable of telling the truth."
    To them their behavior is not dumb...it just is.
    (These are called pathological liars.)
    When you combine that with grandiosity...
    eventually you can get busted.
    Hi Debra. I use to work with the Federal Police Force for US Engraving and Printing. If your not familiar, they make our paper money. When the new bills were being redesigned we had knowledge that some people went directly to copy machines and started printing some bills and tried to pass them off at small grocery stores. That's what you call GREAT counterfeit work. Needless to say they all were caught. Talking about idiots!!

Laws for the criminally stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Maria Jonas
    I think that there should be a law for criminals that are that stupid... they should get extra time for stupid crimes...

Hi Maria. NO!! NO criminal laws for stupidity!! Let stupidity run an open season. The more stupid criminals there are, the easier the job is for us and law enforcement. Right??

Thought out planning

Quote Originally Posted by Leeayn Chapman
    People never fail to amaze me with the things they think they can do and get away with. That's what keeps me laughing! I once worked a robbery where the suspects tied up the victims and put them in a room - together - with the store phone! They undid each other and called 911. Now, that wasn't the funny part. That was when the suspect barricaded the door to the room he locked them in - put chairs, ladders, and file cabinets in front of the door. The big problem was ............. the door opened in!!!!!! Gotta love it!
    Hi Leeayn!! Good to see you around. I just wanted to add to your story. One of the suspects that was apprehended for the first WTC bombing was a real brilliant character. The van he RENTED to put the explosives in, he charged on a credit card. The credit card receipt was left in the van. When the van exploded, fortunately, the credit card receipt was not destroyed. Of course when stupidity sets in one has no control over the situation. He signed his real name on the receipt.

You have to love the criminal mind. Some times they can make ot so easy. My 5 year old son likes to watch Real TV...we use it as lessons on what not to do.

one million dollar bill

This story is so funny. I actually have a million dollar bill, but it is clearly not real it is just to have for fun as a joke or novelty item. If a clerk at walmart is that stupid I don't know what this world is coming to. Great post.....very funny.

Stephanie Marvin

Exclamation

SOUTH EUCLID, Ohio -- A woman who said that she bought and lost a $162 million lottery ticket was found guilty Tuesday of filing a false police report. She was fined $1,000 and ordered to perform 50 hours of community service.

Elecia Battle, 41, of Cleveland, reached a plea agreement with the prosecutor in this Cleveland suburb that called for her to change her plea to the misdemeanor charge from not guilty to no contest with the understanding that she would be found guilty.

I believe this is the lady your are referring to in OH. I remember watching her on TV when the truth finally broke. It doesn't pay to lie and try to cheat others!

Julie Mercer

Louis Polen - is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:

Re: Is this dumb? Customer at Wal-Mart arrested for cashing million-dollar bill?

What would the cashier say" I'm sorry but I need the manager to get the rest of your change because after 9m I only have $20.00 in the register." To even take the bill and assume it were real,that person should be INVESTIGATED....HELLO..............

Michael Harris is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Distinguished Insignio Colleague of:

Re: Is this dumb? Customer at Wal-Mart arrested for cashing million-dollar bill?

To All:

The story is dumber than when I read it the first time.

Louis has a great (and useful) approach to the issue.