Thread: Your Access may have changed today

Your Access may have changed today

Monday, March 1, 2004

All members of this website that have Level 2-Access and above are known to IPIU through an identity check. However, their private and personal information is confidential only, and is protected under all local and federal laws.

Three weeks ago, we stopped offering a free and open registration to guests without proving their identity. For the most part this has been compatible with all standards. However, Level 2-4-Access members have always been required to proved their identity when discussing matters of topic in the Level 1-4 forums. Therefore, our new policy will have a minor effect on most members, but will require all new guest members to be identified confidentially, which is protected under all local and federal laws.

Our new privacy guidelines, which includes standards set by all international, provincial, federal, and state statutes - has been upgraded to reflect the following modifications to Level 1 free guest forum membership:

1) All new forum registrations will now require either a:
    1. private investigators license, or
    2. attorney license, or
    3. law enforcement ID, or
    4. state driver's license or state ID.
    This information will be confidential only, and is protected under all local and federal laws.

Important Exception: We already have several members who are registered under a different name because of their undercover work or personal status. Examples include undercover drug officers, undercover private investigators, high profile attorneys, law enforcement officers, and others. We also permit members to have their User Name changed if they have a personal status that requires a change, such as a spouse who has been threatened, or anyone who feels their real name may attract unwarranted attention. Approval for a name change is usually reserved for unique names. In all, IPIU requires a confidential identity check but can approve a public name change known only to the security department of IPIU.

2) Members may register with a web based free yahoo email account or other, but they must provide us with their local email address for verification of the above. Their local email address is confidential only, and is protected under all local and federal laws.

3) Access to a member's personal profile has been turned off. Members are free to post their profile inside comments only if they do so within the established Forum Rules located here:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...&threadid=2914

4) Personal Profile changes:
    Updating your forum Profile only includes the following changes:
    1. A new email address
    2. A new State (or country)
    3. Change your password
    4. To add your name and slogan to your Signature.
    [i]To request any of the above, click on the CONTACT US LINK (located at the bottom of all forum pages) .

5) All new members are requested to follow the newcomer instructions here:
    Newcomer Instructions: Level 1-3

Or, if you know you have Level 4 Access, then you should verify you have performed the Level 4 Newcomer Instructions below:
    Newcomer & Assignment Instructions: Level 4

6) All current members are required to view their User Name and Location (state, etc) and to make sure their posted location is the same location where they reside. If not, the member is instructed to click on the CONTACT US LINK (located at the bottom of any forum page) of any changes to their personal profile to . Otherwise, your account may be disabled.

7) If your request pertains to changing or adding images or pictures in your Signature, then please click on this next policy link for instructions: Signature Picture/Image Upgrade Request Link

8) If you would like to have a free Signature Upgrade to include your contact, phone, email, and website information so other private investigators can contact you directly, please read the following application instructions link:

Provide your Email/Website to other PI's

OTHER QUESTIONS?
    If you have other questions about other items not discussed in this designated topic, please post them in your personal Introduction Topic (located in the Forum Member Introduction Lounge ) where the online trainers, members, and other moderators can further direct you.

Re: Re: Your Access may have changed today

Originally posted by Michael Harris
    What good does this do us if we cannot view any profiles?
    The information that is contained in a Level 4 Member's Profile is available to all other Level 4 members in the private Level 4 forums:

*Name
    *Interests
    *Occupation

However, if a Level 4 member does not wish to post any or all of the above information in the Level 4 forums, then it is now their option to decline, thereby enforcing the privacy statutes.

Nevertheless, all Level 4 Members can apply for an authorized Signature, which appears in all Level 1-4 forums, that can list the following:

Name
    Title and PI License Number
    Agency Name
    Agency Website

If a Level 4 Member does not have a PI License Number, then they can inquire privately by emailing legal@ipiu.org for a list of substitute licenses that can be accepted for their location. Remember, an approved Signature is also a form of advertising.
    Technical Support
    Administrator

Re: ok did the same!

Originally posted by Omar Castro
    I would like to be able to and access my own setting and preferences. Can IPIU do something so that in the future we are able to so.
    Thanks in advance.
    We have added a new option to request a custom Signature.

See Number 7 of the first post in this topic.

Originally posted by Michael Harris
    [B]If all I can do is say that my profile information is correct, then I would like anyone in IPIU to be able to see my profile, that is why I put in as much as I did.
    If you mean anyone in IPIU adimistration, we already have that access.

If you mean anyone in IPIU membership, we cannot. By opening up your profile access to you, it would also open access to all other personal profiles.

You may wish to read Number 7 above (a new option) and request a custom signature with your business website. Then you can any additional personal information on your website.

B Ann Craig - is offline Administrative Forum Trainer

Sr. Certified Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum

Re: not able to login

Originally posted by Anthony Peterson
    I am having with my login is there some problem with the system.
    Anthony, you are at level 4, as you know. It's been about a month sense you have been on, and we had some changes to the forum. Access has changed some. You will need to read the links below. They will tell you what all you need to do for you full access back. Each member has to read, and follow the directions in these posts. Find the two links below.

Click Here: Your Access may have changed today

Click Here: Signature Picture/Image Upgrade Requests

Good luck with all you are doing. Have fun on the forum.

Have a wonderful weekend. Take care.

Jean, thank you for your help.

Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves;
    We are his people, and the sheep of his pasture...be thankful unto him, and bless his name. Ps 100

Visit our New Home Page: www.ipiu.org

Re: G. Jean Davis

Originally posted by Debra Lewis
    thank you...
    which IPIU email address is best to send to for this problem?
    Debra, Please click on the links I gave Anthony Peterson, in the post above. Follow the instructions in those two links.

Please, do not email without reading the links first!!!. This would be a total waste of time, for you, and IPIU home offices. They will tell you to read the posts on the forum.These two links tells you all about the new profile policy. Thank you. Enjoy the forums.

Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves;
    We are his people, and the sheep of his pasture...be thankful unto him, and bless his name. Ps 100

Visit our New Home Page: www.ipiu.org

I would like to show a picture of my badge and badge # with my signature. Number 7 does not tell me how to do this. Help!!!!

Gail

Quote Originally Posted by Gail J Tucker
    I would like to show a picture of my badge and badge # with my signature. Number 7 does not tell me how to do this. Help!!!!

Gail
    Number 7 refers to another link that does provide instructions.

Question Level 4 Access?

I recieved an email on my test score and a notice of an upgrade to level 4 in four or five business days. And it hasn't happen yet. Who should I inform?

Thanks,
    Nelson W Lunsford

Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson W Lunsford
    I recieved an email on my test score and a notice of an upgrade to level 4 in four or five business days. And it hasn't happen yet. Who should I inform?

Thanks,
    Nelson W Lunsford
    Please try the level 4 forums again. You should have access.

Kandy

I have been away for awhile -travel, work and my computer has been experiencing technical problems since December. I notice that when I try to get on the forums at work my access to certain forms is no longer valid. Has my level 4 status been reduced? I haven't been notified via email of any status change. What do I need to do?
    Hopefully, I will be able to purchase a new computer in the coming months.
    Thanks for your help.
    Marisa Cardona

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa Cardona
    I have been away for awhile -travel, work and my computer has been experiencing technical problems since December. I notice that when I try to get on the forums at work my access to certain forms is no longer valid. Has my level 4 status been reduced? I haven't been notified via email of any status change. What do I need to do?
    Hopefully, I will be able to purchase a new computer in the coming months.
    Thanks for your help.
    Marisa Cardona
    Marisa, you are still at level 4. You might want to send an email to ask if IPIU can help you with this problem. Send your information that is listed in the first post by Technical. They need any of the information that is listed, that they don't have. Just follow the instructions that is in the first post. I hope this will help. Good luck in all you do.

Have a wonderful week. Take care.

Last week I was able to access the control panel and edit my options, this week I can't do anything except to look at my subscriptions, also this week it appears I'm in invisible mode and I'm not sure how that happened.........does anyone know why I'm unable to access my options this week and how do I get out of invisible mode?

Edward Taguba is offline Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forums

Professional Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gayle Castaneda
    Last week I was able to access the control panel and edit my options, this week I can't do anything except to look at my subscriptions, also this week it appears I'm in invisible mode and I'm not sure how that happened.........does anyone know why I'm unable to access my options this week and how do I get out of invisible mode?
    Gayle,

Please read the above on how to fix your profile.

Aloha,

Thanks Edward!

Petra Post - is offline Retired Administrator
    ***** Certified SPI

Former Insignio Distinguished Member:
    I believe I am on level 3... still waiting for manual and test. They should arrive in the mail shortly. It's been 3 weeks since I mailed off my last package.

Hello Petra:

Please be patient and you will receive your manual and test material. It took about 6 weeks for me to receive mine. When you receive your material, study it thoroughly and you will do well on your test. Good luck.

Petra Post - is offline Retired Administrator
    ***** Certified SPI

Former Insignio Distinguished Member:
    Thanks Bridgett,
    It's just some days I am less patient than others. I keep myself busy with the forum. I am glad I do love reading so much. Honestly, if we think about it, the time frame has shortened from beginning to 1st assignment since the net. So, I am appreciative. tick tick tick... I have to remind myself, if I was to sit on a surveillance for 10 or more hours at the time, what am I going to be... inpatient? I don't think so... tick tick tick... And I will definitely take your advice on reading the material thoroughly. Thanks.

Patience is the prevailing quality needed for quality P.I. work, and reading these forums shows me that Patience is a virtue.

Brad

Bradley,
    I argee. Good things come to those who wait.

Stacy Moll

Associate Forum Member

Brad,

You are so correct. If reading the forums teach you anything, it's patience.

Cheryl

I think that what the intension here is, is to teach you patience and the ability to look for your answers. Isn't that what investigation is all about?

My access denied

Greetings,
    My Level 4 access was denied. It may have been for the reasons you have posted, or because I may have been late renewing my dues. My dues were paid today. Could you please reset my access to level 4?
    Thank you,
    Al Faria

Quote Originally Posted by Albino Faria
    Greetings,
    My Level 4 access was denied. It may have been for the reasons you have posted, or because I may have been late renewing my dues. My dues were paid today. Could you please reset my access to level 4?
    Thank you,
    Al Faria
    Albino, you are right, your ID expired. When the office opens after the Holidays, your dues will be applied.

If you have any other questions in general, please, ask them in your introduction. Remember if you have any level 4 questions (when you have access again), ask them in the proper level 4 forum. Good luck in all you do.

Have a wonderful week. Take care.

Ms Minta Thomson is offline *** Certified SPI

Retired Moderator - Private Investigators Forum
    Professional Management Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Lightbulb Light bulb moment ! LOL

ah.....now I see why even tho I created a lovely signature.........it will not appear until level 4.

Tanx an Ocelot... Miinta

Hello
    I was told on the 20th of this month my level would be upgrade to level 2 in 48 hours
    and I don't think it has. Or I could be wrong & I'm doing something wrong

Lisa Frye - is offline Certified SPI
    Licensed Private Investigator

Moderator (On Leave of Absence)
    Sr. Distinguished Union Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Scott
    Hello
    I was told on the 20th of this month my level would be upgrade to level 2 in 48 hours
    I will check on this for you Robert.

Wink Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Frye
    Thank you very much

Smile Hello it's me again

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Frye
    I was wondering if you have found out anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Scott
    Hello
    Yes, that is Level 2-Benefits (not Level 2-Access).

You can go to:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/forumdisp...ysprune=&f=347

Please provide my current level and how I can upgade.

Donnie Smith