Thread: Are You Using a Library Computer???

Question Are You Using a Library Computer???

Are You Using a Library Computer???

If so, read this email we received from a Philadelphia Library Internet Computer:

"I need imediate employment please help me optain employment as a case examiner.

Please email me some cases.

I just registered and I am very excited about getting started.

Thank you for your help concerning this matter. I have no ideal at this point about how to obtain clients or how to get paid so I'm askiny you for some assistance in these areas.

Thanks again for all of your help. I hope to hear from you soon.

Have a pleasent day. Thank you.

Well, folks. This email has no name, no address, no phone, and no way for us to email the member!

Using a library computer to access our Internet Website is okay to "read". But you cannot use the Libray's Email Box. They have it turned OFF to receive emails.

So if anyone recognizes this email, please resend it with the following:

1) Your full name

2) Your mailing address

3) Your telephone number(s)

4) Your IPIU photo credential expiration date.

5) And hopefully your email address at www.yahoo.com

Work as case examiner

[Personal information edited out by Moderator]
    Scarlet Delos Santos

case examiner

[Personal information edited out by Moderator]
    Scarlet Delos Santos

Scarlet,

I have no idea why you would have posted your personal information regarding doing work as a cas examiner in this Library Topic.

There is a difference between using email versus posting comments on the web forum here.

Please review some tips below:

Guideline and quick tips for navigating the IPIU forums.

Remember to read the ANNOUNCMENT at the top of each topic list that says Read This First. Personal questions about your personal file information and progress are not discussed on these forums. Personal inquiries should be emailed to agentrelations@ipiu.org . But you are free to discuss "general questions", such as the normal time frame of processing that pertains to all of the members.

Click on this button when you want to author a new subject in a selected forum.
    Before you author a new thread, browse through each forum to view the various Topics already there. If you can not decide which forum to post your new topic, simply put it in the After Hours Lounge, which is where all of the off-topic and other chit-chat discussions are. A moderator will help you out.
    *As you roam around all the forums, you will come across some forums that will ask you for your User Name and Password again. That probably means that the forum is private and you have not been cleared (yet) to enter it. Don't worry, just use the BACK arrow and return to select another forum to visit.

Click on this button when you want to reply to a specific thread. A thread is a topic or subject already started. Remember, this is a reply option.

You will find this button inside each post. Use this feature when you want to include part or all of that post in your response. You may edit out any part of the quoted material in your post. This feature also allows you to see exactly what keystrokes were used to insert an icon, color or other enhancement used by the author. Ex: David Copeland posts a thread or reply, then 2 more members respond, now you want to respond to something specific in David's post. Find David's post and click on the button inside his post. You will get a message text box with David's "quote" inside showing exactly how he got certain text to be blue or the smilie was made. You may use this message box to make your reply.

After composing your reply or new thread, you may review your work by clicking on the preview reply button at the bottom. To make changes, scroll down to the text area. To submit, click on the submit reply button.

Now you have submitted your post or thread and you decide to make a change to your own work. Click on the button inside our work. When you make the correction, click on the Submit Changes button.

Other useful buttons.

This button is located in the upper right-hand corner of each page. Click on this button to get a free tutorial on using the software. Then jump over to the Test Your Forum Writing Skills On This Forum and begin trying what you have learned.

This button is also located in the upper right-hand corner of each page. Click on this button to get a search engine to quickly find a subject by a specific word or member.

As you become familiar with the forum, you will find other tools for navigation a time saver.

When you access the forum page, you will find "Welcome back," and your name. Directly under this Welcome, you will see View New Posts. By clicking there, you can see all the new posts and threads since the last time you were on the forum.

You've been browsing a while and before you leave the forum, you want to check for new posts. Simple. From the main forum page, right click your mouse and select refresh or press your F5 button on your keyboard. Your screen will be updated without having to re-access the forum.

While looking at the main forum page, you will see a date, time and the authors name for the last post in that forum. To view that post/thread, click on the after the name.

You are reading a thread/post inside a forum and now you wish to access another forum. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see Forum Jump and a drop box. Simply click on the down arrow and select the forum you wish to access next. You will automatically be taken there, as long as you have access to that forum.

Red face

[Edited by Moderator - Personal Comment]
    Peggy Hollonbeck

As posted in the Announcement Topic, which appears at the top of most forums, please direct all personal comments or personal file questions to Agent Relations. Their email address for your area is usa@ipiu.org .

Thank you.
    Forum Administrator Staff
    London, England
    www.ipiu.org

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    BBB A+ Rating Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 31st Year Serving 48,366 Members
    CALL IPIU TODAY TO JOIN: 406-534-0251 (USA)

I Agree

I Agree

Omar Castro is offline ** Certified

Sr. Member - Private Investigators Forum:
    Union Member of the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Too Late Now!

If you ever get another email like that. Remember that you can trace the IP address to the library given it be public if not then probably no trace other than the city and state. If the person is already a member then I am sure your records can help you in identifying who it might be, otherwise...

Well let us know if we can be of some assistance and you can download the IP tracing as a FW online. There are many kinds...
    O.A.C.V. Sr.