Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Completed my First Assignment!

Hi Frank,

Sounds like your off to a great start. Keep up the good work!

Congratulations,
    Thanks for posting at level 1, to give the New Recruits something to strive for!
    Best of everything in your next assignments. Once you've got a few under your belt that nervousness will fade as your self-confidence rises. Thanks for sharing!
    Dabra J Grant "DJ"
    "Knowledge is Power." Francis Bacon

Completed First Assignment

I completed my first assignment last week. Everything went very well. It was quite fun. I actually really enjoyed the experience. Any of you know of any ....

[Edited by Moderator: Level 4 comment in Public Forum]

It Is Nice To Hear About The Good Experience On Your First Assignment. I Just Got A Letter For Some Assignments. I Hope It Goes Well, And I Do A Good Job.

By The Way Can Someone Tell Me What "tat" Means? I Saw This In The Assignment Forum.

Thank You

Raul

Quote Originally Posted by Raul Rodriguez
    It Is Nice To Hear About The Good Experience On Your First Assignment. I Just Got A Letter For Some Assignments. I Hope It Goes Well, And I Do A Good Job.

By The Way Can Someone Tell Me What "tat" Means? I Saw This In The Assignment Forum.

Thank You

Raul
    Hello Raul,

I could tell you what TAT is, but then you wouldn't know how to find the next info you need. So.....just go to the Top of this page to the blue task bar. The 6th drop down menu item is "Search" - Click on it, and then type TAT in the box and click on Search.... All the references to TAT in the actual threads will be in Red. Try it you'll like it!!

Thank you Raul for the question, and thank you Debra for leading the way to the answer. Now I know what "tat" means. And I'd have never guessed it without your help.

Smile First Assignments!

[IMG]water fall[/IMG] Hi Frank Shields,
    Congratulations on your completion of your first assign.I have been anxiously awaiting mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Shields
    I completed my first assignment on 1-23-04. I will be honest, prior to the day I had to actually perform the assignment, I cannot explain in words how nervous I was and how my stomach was in knots! Did anyone else have these problems? After I completed the assignment, it was like a ton of bricks were lifted off my shoulders! I actually amazed myself and performed the assignment correctly! Now, I feel a whole lot more relaxed and am ready for my next one and several after that!

I actually have another one scheduled for the first week of February. I am looking forward to that one.

I want to say thanks to all the members who have posted replies, I have learned a lot from you and want to thank you for all your efforts and time. Your comments and experience helped me to perform my first assignment correctly!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Thanks again,

_______________________-

Frank Shields

Congratulations Frank!

Good job Frank. I think anytime we start something new it gives you the jitters. Soon it will becomw second nature to us. I was in law enforcement for twelve years. I left the business for some time and now that I'm taking the steps to become a Private Investigator I'm feeling excited and have the jitters at the same time. Congratulations on your first assignment, I can't wait for mine. GOOD LUCK!

Petra Post - is offline Retired Administrator
    ***** Certified SPI

Former Insignio Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum
    Congratulations Frank,
    great to hear about your first assignment going well. Good Luck on your next ones. I am nervous already, haha. It's great to be here and share emotions.

Carlos NaJarro-- is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Congratulations on your first assignment Frank.can you give us a little hint as to what type of assignment you had ? I mean without giving too much of what may be private response will be appreciated.again great going.

Good job Frank. I am sure everybody is a little nervous when it comes to thier first assignment.

Have a great day,

Carl House

Carlos NaJarro-- is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:
    Thanks Frank again good job.

Congratulations on your first assignment Frank. I can't wait until the day I complete my first assignment.

Alejandro Hernandez

Congradulations Frank on your first assignment. I am still waiting.

Good job Frank! I know you can't wait for the next assignment.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos NaJarro
    Congratulations on your first assignment Frank.can you give us a little hint as to what type of assignment you had ? I mean without giving too much of what may be private response will be appreciated?
    Yes and no.

This topic is in the public forum and details of assignments and types are not to be revealed.

But they can be revealed in the union member Level 4 private forums here:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=236

Other Level 4 Links:

National and Local Jobs Forum:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Integrity Investigations Jobs Forum:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49

Level 4 Member Instructions:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...&threadid=4856

Federal Anti-Piracy Job Forum:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12

Congratuations to all members finishing their first assignments, I hope it all went well. I can't wait for that day to come. I am a bit apprehensive, but, I always am when I journey out to something new. Thank-You for sharing your success, and I wish you all so very many more. Be Safe.

Hello Lisa:

I understand your feeling apprehensive. I felt the same way the very moment I signed up for my first assignment. It's very common to feel that way because afterall it is new to us. It will pass and you will do just fine. I'm enjoying my integrity assignments.

Flora Porter is offline * Certified SPI
    Distinguished Member of Private Investigators Forum

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Cool

[IMG]water fall /[/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffiny Dixon
    [IMG]water fall[/IMG] Hi Frank Shields,
    Congratulations on your completion of your first assign.I have been anxiously awaiting mine.
    Hi Frank,

Condrats on making it through the first assignment.
    You gave us encouragement. Knowing that our day will come.
    Continued success Keep up the good work.

P.I. Trainee
    Flora Porter

Congratulations , Frank on your first assignment ! I am positive the more assignments you do, the more relax you will become. Stay strong!

I'm glad your assignemnt went so well. I cannot wait for my first one so I can finally put to use what i spent the past three years learning in college.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Mahoney
    Congratuations to all members finishing their first assignments, I hope it all went well. I can't wait for that day to come. I am a bit apprehensive, but, I always am when I journey out to something new. Thank-You for sharing your success, and I wish you all so very many more. Be Safe.
    Take your time and enjoy the journey.

Hi Frank,

Congratulations on completing your first assignment. I'm assuming now that it's August you've done a few....can you tell us how it's going? I would love to hear how you've progressed in the last 7 months.

hello frank,

conratulations on first assignment and hope the 6 months have been just as successful.i have to ask the same question as wendy,"how have you progressed in the last months?"

paul tetrault

Any updates Frank on new assignments? Always like reading success stories.....

Thumbs up

Congratulations on your first assignments. My first one came back in June and they continue to roll in!
    Keep at it!!!

Pete.

Denise Damazio is offline Certified

Distinguished Member: Private Investigator Member
    Congratulations on your 1st assignment. It has been a while since your post and we all would like to know how you're doing?? I just sent my photo, credentials, etc in today, so I am assuming the next step is the manual and test.

I really enjoy reading about others assignments.. Thanks much!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter R Loncar
    Congratulations on your first assignments. My first one came back in June and they continue to roll in!
    Keep at it!!!

Pete.
    Pete,

Thanks for the "thumbs up" on my test scores. I'm glad to hear you've gotten several assignments since your first one in June.

I read your post that said you spent 2-3 hours a day over a period of 3 days applying to all the Integrity Investigation assignments on the forum. Is this the secret to getting the ball rolling quickly?

I don't have a fulltime job right now and I'd like to make this my fulltime job. I'll be needing one within 30 days and was wondering if you could give me some tips on building my assignment portfolio through IPIU.

Any advice?

Hey Wendy, It does take a while to apply to all of the Integrity Agencies. I have been working with several agencies on a regular basis since I have applied. You really need a lot of assignments to make this pay off. It's a great part time job, but the experience that you gain may be larger than the income that you may receive. Another way to make money and gain experience is through the Anti-Piracy assignments.
    So far, these mentioned assignments are all that I have been able to complete.
    I am hoping to obtain experience in any way possible to become licensed as a Private Investigator.

Good luck in your career,
    Pete.
    Last edited by Peter R Loncar; 08-05-2004 at 09:19 PM.

Corrina, go to the Level 4 Member area of the Integrity Investigation Forum. There is a topic it.
    All of your questions can be answered in that forum.

Pete

What level do you have to be to access that forum?

Hey Pete, thanks for info you provided for the others. It was a help to me as well.

David Copeland is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Sponsored by:
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrina M Wessel
    What level do you have to be to access that forum?
    Level 4.

(Moderator Note: All Level 4 union member comments should be discussed in the private forums and not on the public forums. Thank you for your support.)

Frank - it sounds like your experience is typical. I look forward to my first assignment and sharing the experience with all of our family members.

I am new and awaiting my fingerprint packet. While I wait I am trying to learn as much as I can about the business from everyone at IPIU.

Since it has been many months since your original post I wonder if you could give us an idea of how things are progressing (without comprising details, of course)?

I welcome this discussion to anyone that would like to join in.

Brian

Congratulations, Frank. I hope this turns into a fulfilling career for you.

Tyron Works is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:
    i can't wait to get my first assignment.

congrats on your success thus far. I too have been pretty busy. I have been able to secure a few background checks and such for some local folks. My most recent one was pretty interesting. A co-worker of my wife's asked if I would check out her new man. She said they were starting to get a little close and wanted to check out some of the stuff he told her about his background that didn't quite make sense to her. SO, I met with her and got all the details and such. Well, it took some diggin but I finally nailed him down. Found out he is 'back-n-forth" still with who he described as his "ex" wife....has a child support order against him in CA from the one before her, and none of the professional background he alleged verified. Needless to say, she was glad to "quit while she was ahead". It was cool though that I was able to get her the info she needed to keep form getting into a potentially bad situation.

Being nervous indicates that you were not cocky about your skills. Only the arrogant or the idiot is never nervous.
    I agree 100%

Congrats Frank!!
    Good to hear you did a good job. I'm sure I will also be a nervous wreck! Doing something new for the first time always does that. The more I read the more I learn.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast