Thread: Question re: if I have a license under an agency already

Pam Henning Guest

Question re: if I have a license under an agency already

Hi, I live in Maryland and I am attending college part-time towards a degree in criminal justice. I have a Private Investigator license for Maryland under an agency. The owner of this agency has given me a chance since I had no experience and I am working as an intern for him to gain some experience. My question is, if I want to obtain a full-time job, getting paid, for another agency, what do I do as far as my license goes? I am licensed under a particular agency, so do I have to apply for a new license to work under a different agency, or can my current license be transferred? I get confused when applying for a job when they ask if you are already licensed, because yes I am, but only for a particular agency. Thank you in advance for any help or information regarding this.

Hi Pam,

When you say you are licensed under a certain agency, do you hold a "cc" or a "c " license.

If you are working as an intern, then the agency you are working for is probably your sponsor. That would tell me that you are working with a "cc" license. You will have to look inside this forum to find the length of time you have to be sponsored before you can apply for your "c" license.

If you are being sponsored by an agency and they are gracious enough to give you a chance, then stay there and gain all the hours you can and the experience.

On another note, I would like to invite you to go to the Introduction Lounge and start an Introduction topic, this way you can meet other members and get some valuable information.

Here is the link to get you started:

Newcomer Topic

Welcome to IPIU
    Deborah Siehl

Disclaimer:
    Comments are not intended to be and should absolutely not be taken as legal, tax, financial, or any other professional advice. If you should require professional, legal, tax, or financial advice, you must first enter into a written agreement with only a licensed professional for such services, signed by both you and the licensed professional, and paid a retainer in good funds. The posted comments herein are not, nor do they intend to be, a solicitation to be your licensed professional. Members accessing comments by any member of this website are required to be bound by their Terms of Use Agreement regarding Administrators.

If you have a PI license under another company and that company has closed its doors , do you have to retest and get relicensed in the stat of texas?
    Joe Dan Earnest