Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Using Email Notification to read your responses.

Using Email Notification to read your responses.

Originally posted by Jeffrey S. McCracken
    Do I go to the Introduction Lounge everytime that I want to see who has sent a message for me?
    Everytime you post a comment, you have a choice in your Message Box to turn on or off email notification whenever someone responds to the topic you commented in.

When you receive the email notifcation, just click on the link in the email and it will take you to the topic.

The email notification also has an option to cancel any further notifications for the single topic you subscribed to, or to cancel to ALL notifications from ALL topics you participated in. Read the email carefully before deciding.

However, if you click on the topic link that was emailed to you and you find it is a dead link, then it was probaby moved, merged, or archived. In these cases, simply go to the SEARCH button at the top of any page and type in your assigned User Name to locate every topic where your User Name appears, which will include the potential topics that were either moved or merged. If no luck, then the topic may have been archived because of a members infraction of the Forum Rules.

ANOTHER OPTION:
    Or, whenever you return the forums after an absence at http://www.ipiu.org/forums/ , the very first thing you should do is look at the top of the main menu of all forums at http://www.ipiu.org/forums/ , and to the right top you should see your User Name and a "Welcome back" title. Below the "Welcome Back" is the button link of View Active Topics . Once you click on that, it brings up all the comments you missed since your last forum visit.

Great advice Julia, everyone doesn't always remember the options. A reminder is welcome advice.

Enjoy the view in here because it leads to a vast world out there. Remember, there is no great "I" without "You", but together there is nothing "We" can't do! God bless you in all of your endeavors.

Julia,

Thank You for the good advice.

Thank you for the good advice, I get many e-mails to subjects I reply to.
    Gunnard Lundberg

Omar Castro is offline ** Certified

Sr. Member - Private Investigators Forum:
    Union Member of the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Also, don't forget that...

Ms. Stewart and other IPIU staff will be sending email on updates and topics that our pertinent to all of us. You don't just want to delete these emails you get if some are for assignments and other IPIU and PI information...

FYI
    Last edited by Omar Castro; 05-03-2004 at 09:02 PM.
    O.A.C.V. Sr.

Smile

Thanks for the good advice.

Thanks For The Usefull Info
    Melissa

Eloisa Mooney is offline Certified

Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum
    Thanks for the advise. I will go take a look because I had been going back to the thread looking to see if someone had responded.

Thanks

Thanks group you have done it again.. Everytime I go to a forum I learn new information. This is a great way to learn.

Joe Krause

Re: Email Notification

Ahhh!! I was using the quik response until now. I see that I can get the email responses sent to me. Thank you for the info.
    Jim

Thanks. Your information was quite useful. As I steer my way through the forums, I cant help but notice that there are a lot of people out there who are just about as confused using the forums as I am.
    I have been on vacation, then got a virus in my computer that about made me pull my hair out! and have recently re-joined actively participating... hopefuylly this gets easier.

Thank you for the directions and advise . It was very useful .

Questions Answered

Thanks for clarifying this procedure. I am receiving email notices every day and wondered how I could limit this. Your explaination was very helpful.

Melba

Thumbs up

Julia:

I love the new feature, email notification; being able to read the comments via my email without actually having to login to the IPIU site is such a time saver for me.

It's good that I can read the comments/posts that I am subscribed to without having to login to the site. I truly appreciate this feature.

Lightbulb

Ah, I am so glad that I came upon this thread. It was getting a little annoying to receive constant updates on new forum users agreeing to the code of ethics.

The more I surf, the more I learn. Hopefully, level 4 and up will be even more useful.

Thanks folks at IPIU for trying to make this a little easier.... I use computers every day of my life, extensively at times, and am glad to hear your news....

Smile Anxious Wait

I am anxious to get started. I submitted the required paperwork for the next phrase.

I know it takes the required time to process, but I am anxious to get started!

Thanks for the reply and congrats on such a wonderful organization!!

Melba

I agree, great advice

Quote Originally Posted by Julia Ann Stewart
    In these cases, simply go to the SEARCH button at the top of any page and type in your assigned User Name to locate every topic where your User Name appears
    Great tip, thanks!!

(On Leave of Absence)

Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum

Post Very handy

Reading from E-Mail Notifications come in very helpful, especially if you are not at your primary PC. It also allows you to go directly to the topic reply without having to navigate through the forums.

I just changed my email address. This is a test.

Quote Originally Posted by Martha LeFevre
    Reading from E-Mail Notifications come in very helpful, especially if you are not at your primary PC. It also allows you to go directly to the topic reply without having to navigate through the forums.

Isn't it wonderful? I love it!

Bridgett

Stacy Pendergast

Great info for us new comers.

I have been using the email feature, I think it is great. I need to do more of navigating the forums without email so I can understand them better. Thanks.

Unhappy Confused!

Everytime you post a comment, you have a choice in your Message Box to turn on or off email notification whenever someone responds to the topic you commented in.

However, if you click on the topic link that was emailed to you and you find it is a dead link, then it was probaby moved, merged, or archived. In these cases, simply go to the SEARCH button at the top of any page and type in your assigned User Name to locate every topic where your User Name appears, which will include the potential topics that were either moved or merged. If no luck, then the topic may have been archived because of a members infraction of the Forum Rules.
    Julia Ann,
    I use the email feature all the time, I love it. However, I just used the Search button for the first time. It only shows my introdution lounge forum post, and my test my writing skills posts. I have done posts in at least two - three other different forums. What's up with this. Why don't they show? I'm confused.

I hope I'm ok to ask this in this forum. One of my other posts I believe was moved. maybe I was too detailed or something, Not sure why, Have yet to find it. or receive an email about it.

thank you your information has been really helpful

sandi

From one Californian to another:

Hi James,

I noticed that you are a Californian like myself. Good to see a few more of us joining the crew. Good luck and have a nice day!!

Debbie

Thanks, now I know how to shut off the e-mails from a thread I replied on!!!!
    Empty e-mail box, here I come!

Yeah that's always a good thing to know, in the beginning I was getting numerous response e-mails that were really filling up my inbox to no end! Good luck making your way through the forums and learning tons of great information from everyone!

Take Care
    Kristen Godot Badge #6931

Thank you for the good advice.

Detailed question on email notification checkboxes if anyone could help. When I look at the threads I am subscribed to the boxes far to the right indicating "notification" the checkboxes are not marked; however my profile indicates I have a default of instant email notification. Do I have to have checks in the boxes to the right of the thread list? Just want to make sure I am getting my email notifications instantly. Haven't received much lately, which could be due to non-response.

Please advise. Thanks, Lori Mantyla

Hello I'm having trouble getting replies to my responses I was wondering what I should do?

email notification problem

Dear Kathy,

I did receive a communication on Sat. that due to an upgrade, there were some glitches regarding people not receiving instant notifications on subscribed threads. I seem to be receiving most of mine now, with the exception of the introductory lounge. Are you receiving all your notifications as well?

Thanks for the useful tips!

Talking

When you receive the email notifcation, just click on the link in the email and it will take you to the topic.

The email notification also has an option to cancel any further notifications for the single topic you subscribed to, or to cancel to ALL notifications from ALL topics you participated in. Read the email carefully before deciding.

ANOTHER OPTION:
    Or, whenever you return the forums after an absence at http://www.ipiu.org/forums/ , the very first thing you should do is look at the top of the main menu of all forums at http://www.ipiu.org/forums/ , and to the right top you should see your User Name and a "Welcome back" title. Below the "Welcome Back" is the button link of View Active Topics . Once you click on that, it brings up all the comments you missed since your last forum visit.
    It doesnt hurt to read slow,it does help thanks julia

Talking

thanks and again I learn sorry about that.

Talking Great Follow-up Technique.

I just wanted to note that I think the email follow-up system is great for important posts you are awaiting answers to. It seems much better than trying to find your way back into a particular forum each time. Thanks to the designer

Yes, Brandi. I totally agree with you. It is wonderful!

Thanks to all for the information. I think it is great to receive responses via e-mail rather than having to go to the IPIU website.

Thanks again.

Jeanne Jasiewicz

Where . . .

Where do I turn my email notification on?

Thanks,
    Janice Young

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast