Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Want to get your Free Private Investigator Training Manual and on the job cases Now?

Yes I would like a free training manual. Thank you.

On what page can I get the applications for membership and paid myunion due, so I can receive my training manuel.
    Thank you
    jack

To all:

Please read the first post in this topic. It provides you with the answers to your questions with instructions and links.

If your question is not answered, then please post your question in your personal Introduction Topic where the online trainers can help you.

Or, you may always privately email usa@ipiu.org and ask our office.

Thank you.

Wow

I thought everyone in all states had to be licensed Through the department of criminal justice.

Thank you for the information

Can you tell if any PI carry arms of any type. The reason I ask is when I did this type of work for INS I carried gov't issued 357 mag. I know that In NY you need to file for a permit. How does the form felt about armed PI?
    Jack Heinen

Yes, I would like to know as well, how many test are required to obtain your badge and who are the badges distributed by?

Just so Im sure I didnt mess up. I had called a number to request my referral application before registering on here. Is that okay or is this question dumb?

To be honest I would just like more information on becoming a trainee. Who to contact local? How would I be contacted for jobs? Do I have to keep logging on for jobs? Is there a handler (trainer) in Evansville, Ind.?

my membership package

I have sent in for my membership package, training manual and such. I have already gotten my id card after doing the fingerprints and background. My check cleared for $99 for the membership package, training manual, magazine subscription and business cards two weeks ago, but I have not received materials to date. how long does this usually take?? And when can I go on the Job openings?

Melanie, I guess it really depends on where you are from, but my training Manual came in 10 days after I sent my check. I am guessing the IPIU waits until the check clears (typically 7-10 days) and then ships it to you. Good Luck with all you do.

I have a question? They have new fingerprinting out with a laser. It cost about $85.00 Does anyone know anything about it yet?

Laser Fingerprinting

Scott

I heard about laser fingerprinting while in crime scene school when dealing with DNA fingerprinting. We slightly touched on the subject during my two fingerprint courses. Not sure about any specific information. I'll see if any of my former professors or colleagues followed up on it. I will post any information they give me. Have a good one.

Thank You

I have to get it done in NJ. It just takes a while to get an apointment

Lisa Frye - is offline Certified SPI
    Licensed Private Investigator

Moderator (On Leave of Absence)
    Sr. Distinguished Union Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanie Morrow
    I have sent in for my membership package, training manual and such. I have already gotten my id card after doing the fingerprints and background. My check cleared for $99 for the membership package, training manual, magazine subscription and business cards two weeks ago, but I have not received materials to date. how long does this usually take?? And when can I go on the Job openings?
    From application to assignment can be as quick as 4-6 weeks or as long as 8-10 weeks depending on the use of a credit card or personal check and using the online order versus mail.

It takes about two weeks to get the material. Did your access change to a level 4?

Scott

You Get The Training Manuel With The Test, After You Send That In Everything Goes Pretty Fast From That Point. I Just Got Word I Passed The Test :d , I Have Already Gotten My Level 4 Access, And Already Applied To Some Job Offers. I Suggest That When You Send Your Test Back, To Due Delivery Confirmation Through Post Office, I Am In Tx And It Go To Ipiu In 2 Days, I Got A E-mail 2 Days After That Of My Test Results And 3 Days After That Got A Copy Of My Test To See Exactly What I Missed,....even Though It Is A Open Book Test The Questions Are Spread Far And Wide From One Another. (ex. You May Answer ? #1 And Then ? #11, Just Make Sure You Read).... Good Luck To Everyone Who Has Not Taken Test.......

I received my manual several weeks ago, it took me awhile to read the information and take the exam. I am now waiting for my results.

What's this free manual I see everyone is asking about? I would also like to receive one.
    I have just started working with an investigator that does criminal defense investigations. It's going great. I do need to do more reserch about the laws. I am looking for a good book for this. Easy to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa Merced
    What's this free manual I see everyone is asking about?
    The manual will arrive along with the test.

I have just started working with an investigator that does criminal defense investigations. It's going great. I do need to do more reserch about the laws. I am looking for a good book for this. Easy to understand.
    Hi Melissa,

If you need some good books for more research about laws, check out our bookstore. They have alot of great books that will benefit you.

IPIU Bookstore

Todd Heddleson - is offline Sr. Member:
    Private Investigators Forum

2005 - 2007 Professional Management Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    i sent in my payment of 69 dollars, can i pay the differince to upgrade my membership to 3 years, instead of 6 months? any help will be appriceated.

John G - is offline Retired Forum Moderator

Private Investigators Forums
    Sponsored by the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Hey Todd.

If you contact Agent Relations, they may be able to help you with the upgrade to your CWR registration. The email address is usa@ipiu.org. You could also call them directly. I don't have the phone number memorized, but it's written down somewhere in the forums under the Membership threads, I believe.

Have a great day.

John

Information

Please send me test information.

Hello Gregory. In order to obtain your test, you need to: 1. Register for your Criminal Warrants check, and submit your fingerprints, photos, and other forms that Agent Relations will mail you; 2. Sign up for IPIU membership. If you reread this thread, Mr. Copeland tells you exactly how it's done, and provides the links to do it with. If you are able to do the electronic registration and sign up for the union via the website using a credit card, the process will go faster. Thank you for your time, and welcome to IPIU.

John

I realize that i am very new here...but i would like to know how much it will be for:

3 year membership, manual, all paperwork, everything needed to get the badge?

from reading all these post...im starting to get a little confused on billing and how much will be billed.
    P.S. Do you need a PI badge to become a Bounty Hunter???

Oh and also the age requirement, I am, at the moment, 18 years of age..Thanks for any info!

Good Morning Jerrad :)

Hello. I will see if I may be able to help you.

1. If you go to the start of this thread, the Membership options links are highlighted. Please click on these links to check out the different membership options.

2. I don't believe you actually need a badge for becoming a bounty hunter/bail enforcement agent, but if you do decide to obtain one, it will give you a more professional appearance. The requirements for this area are in the Licensing Laws forum under the subforum bounty hunters (I think.) which you should be able to access at Level 1, which is your level at the present time.

3. 18 years of age is the minimum age requirement to access the forums. The Licensing Laws forum will give you the other information you need.

If you have further questions, please feel free to post them in your introduction thread in the Forum Member's Introduction Lounge, and a moderator will be able to help you. Please have a good day.

John

Thank you for the information, now I have an idea about how long it will take to start working as a PI trainee.
    Jack Heinen
    Trainee Private Investigator

Thanks much!

DJ Moran -- is offline Sr. Moderator:
    (On Leave of Absence)

Certified Distinguished Member

Smile Jerrad

Quote Originally Posted by Jerrad Stamm
    Thanks much!
    Jerrad,

Please post an Introduction in the Introduction Lounge. The link is here:

Introduction Forum

Also, you need to agree to the COE. Here is that link:
    Code of Ethics

Hope this helps, After posting your Introduction, and agreeing to the COE, other members will come to your Introduction and welcome you and give you other valuable links, to get started. "DJ"

So, after reading as much as possible in the last 24 hrs since I was given access do I have the following correct?
    To work and progress as quickly as possible & receive my manual without delay the best way to go is to register for my Criminal Warrants check, fingerprints, etc plus select & pay my union member dues online? I already requested the application for my criminal check & fingerprints to be sent by mail. Can I do it online instead since it hasn't arrived yet? I want to progress with the least amount of time wasted using the mail system, so online would be the best option correct?

Hello Kathy. :)

If you go to the first post in this thread, you will see that Mr. Copeland spells it out pretty clearly. However, to answer your question, you may go ahead and file onlinefor your CWR and Join IPIU. All you need is a credit card-Visa, Mastercard, Amex, and Discover are accepted. Doing them both online will save you some time. (About a month or so.) The links to do so are in the first post in this thread. Have an awesome day, and I hope this is helpful.

John

DJ Moran -- is offline Sr. Moderator:
    (On Leave of Absence)

Certified Distinguished Member

Smile RE: Kathy

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy Aldridge
    So, after reading as much as possible in the last 24 hrs since I was given access do I have the following correct?
    To work and progress as quickly as possible & receive my manual without delay the best way to go is to register for my Criminal Warrants check, fingerprints, etc plus select & pay my union member dues online? I already requested the application for my criminal check & fingerprints to be sent by mail. Can I do it online instead since it hasn't arrived yet? I want to progress with the least amount of time wasted using the mail system, so online would be the best option correct?
    Kathy,

You have a couple options here, if you have sent in a check, with your registration, you can do this:

Call the credit card line at 800-545-1526 and ask for department 44. Ask them to flag your account to not deposit the check. Then proceed to give your credit card to save the processing time.

If you receive your packet in the mail, and still want to go with the electronic, to save time, then you can:

Email usa@ipiu.org and ask for a conversion from a free app to electronic.

For any other questions, please ask them in Your Introduction topic .Thanks for your support.

Hope this helps. "DJ"

Thank you for the quick responses. I'm on my way to the other link provided.
    I think I'm just too excited right now,I've been reading since I was given access. So many forums so little time.
    I was most concerned with the request I'd submitted to receive my application and if I could just do it online instead. I now realize that until I pay I still have all of the options available.
    I've wanted this for a long time and now it's actually happening!

Hang in there Kathy! I felt that way also. All the steps required are for a productive future. It's more important to take the time to be "fully qualified" now, then later your concerns will be devoted only to your assignments, knowing you are a true member of IPIU!

Have a great day! Lisa

David Copeland is offline Administrator

Sponsored by:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathy Aldridge
    So many forums so little time.
    And there wil be more, including more free training manuals and books.

I'm lost - Can somebody help me...

Quote Originally Posted by David Copeland

A New Policy

Starting 2004!

1) For non-licensed private investigators or trainees who have chosen to register for their clearances and personal Private Investigator Photo-Credentials (which currently is a one time amount of $89.50 for 3 years), and includes your federal documents FBI fingerprint card, CWR, and photos, we typically wait until you receive your photo-credentials before billing you for your union dues, which includes the signing of your Code of Ethics to receive your free training manual and subscription to PI Magazine. After the manual tests are returned, then you are typically upgraded to the private Level 4 forums for job and assignment opportunities.

2) The new program allows to you immediately go to our online website for credit card payments and choose either a Preferred Membership or Management Membership now, while you are being processed at the same time for your photo credentials.

By making this second payment in advance of receiving your photo-credentials, you can receive your free operational training manual, test, certificates, and begin receiving your free subscription to PI Magazine ahead of the normal time table, and save a month waiting time!

This new program and our new online website is another first in processing new private investigators much quicker and more efficient. IPIU remains the leader in professional associations worldwide by using the technology of the 21st century to better benefit it's union members.

Here is the online link to choose your union dues options:

Includes FREE PI MAGAZINE Subscription and FREE TRAINING MANUAL, and all other DETAILED FREE BENEFITS!

Click here: Online Union Membership Options Link

(Note: If you have never purchased from the above store link, you will need to choose "New Customer" when checking out)

To read additional details about the different membership options,

Click here: Membership Option Details Topic

Note #1: If you have already received your photo credentials, then do not use the online option. Use the preprinted return envelope to finalize your Code of Ethics and membership choice.

Note #2:
    Only the most popular membership options are available online at this time. They both include the free subscription to PI Magazine!

Note #3:
    You are free to post any questions or comments in this topic, but do not post any personal file information. Your comments should be of a "general" nature to benefit all members.

Sincerely,

David
    Hi... I have just joined online selecting the Preferred Membership, and I still don't see how I can get the free manual right away... Can you get it online, or do I just wait the 10 days... I have followed the suggested links but have not found it anywhere.... Also, am I eligable to access any of the other forums besides Level 1... Can I get two or three... HELP....

John

Hello David,
    You seem to be the guy to ask all the questions. I have recently recieved my badge and have had my photo-credentials for quite some time. I have signed my code of ethics and paid my Union dues. However, I have not recieved my training manual or any tests. It has been about three or four weeks since I sent my COE back. Does it normally take awhile to recieve those items? I appreciate feedback from anyone, but you seemed to have all the answers. Thanks for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Anthony Russo
    Hello David,
    I have not recieved my training manual or any tests. It has been about three or four weeks since I sent my COE back. Does it normally take awhile to recieve those items? .
    Hello Anthony,

Remember that searching for your answer and learning to navigate the forums is part of your training. Try using the search button in the blue task bar above. Type in a few words pertaining to what you are looking for. (say....time table) and see if that helps answer your question.

Hope this helps

Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Anthony Russo
    Hello David,
    You seem to be the guy to ask all the questions. I have recently recieved my badge and have had my photo-credentials for quite some time. I have signed my code of ethics and paid my Union dues. However, I have not recieved my training manual or any tests. It has been about three or four weeks since I sent my COE back. Does it normally take awhile to recieve those items? I appreciate feedback from anyone, but you seemed to have all the answers. Thanks for your time.
    Joseph,

I might add to the advice given,

If you have general questions and cannot locate the proper topic or forum, please post your question in your own personal Introduction Topic where the trainers and other moderators can guide you. However, MOST Frequently Asked Questions are answered in the Trainee Questions & Answers Forum. Go there and then look down the long list of Topic Training Titles to determine which questions you have an interest in.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast