Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Want to get your Free Private Investigator Training Manual and on the job cases Now?

David Copeland is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Sponsored by:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Arrow Want to get your Free Private Investigator Training Manual and on the job cases Now?

A New Policy

Starting 2004!

1) For non-licensed private investigators or trainees who have chosen to register for their clearances and personal Private Investigator Photo-Credential (which currently is a one time amount of $89.50 for 3 years), and includes your federal documents FBI fingerprint card, CRR, and photos, we typically wait until you receive your photo-credential before billing you for your union dues, which includes the signing of your Code of Ethics to receive your free training manual and subscription to PI Journal. After the manual tests are returned, then you are typically upgraded to the private Level 4 forums for job and assignment opportunities.

2) The new program allows to you immediately go to our online website for credit card payments and choose either a Preferred Membership or Management Membership now, while you are being processed at the same time for your photo credentials.

By making this second payment in advance of receiving your photo-credential, you can receive your free operational training manual, test, certificates, and begin receiving your free subscription to PI Journal ahead of the normal time table, and save a month waiting time!

This new program and our new online website is another first in processing new private investigators much quicker and more efficient. IPIU remains the leader in professional associations worldwide by using the technology of the 21st century to better benefit it's union members.

Here is the online link to choose your union dues options:

Includes FREE PI JOURNAL Subscription and FREE TRAINING MANUAL, and all other DETAILED FREE BENEFITS!

Click here: Online Union Membership Options Link

(Note: If you have never purchased from the above store link, you will need to choose "New Customer" when checking out)

To read additional details about the different membership options,

Click here: Membership Option Details Topic

Note #1: If you have already received your photo credential, then do not use the online option. Use the preprinted return envelope to finalize your Code of Ethics and membership choice.

Note #2:
    Only the most popular membership options are available online at this time. They both include the free subscription to PI Journal!

Note #3:
    You are free to post any questions or comments in this topic, but do not post any personal file information. Your comments should be of a "general" nature to benefit all members.

Sincerely,

David
    David Copeland
    Administrator
    Private Investigators Forums

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    Official BBB Accreditation Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 32nd Year Serving 48,373 Members

CONTACT LINK HERE TO JOIN IPIU

Sponsored by:
    Some members who mailed in their Membership documents decided to choose the Economy 6-Month Membership, which is $69.00 for 6 months. This option does not include the free subscription to PI Journal, but does include the free training manual and other benefits for 6 months.

Most union members choose the Preferred Membership for only an extra $30.00. The extra benefits give you:

1) A full year of union membership instead of only 6 months;

2) 10% OFF all advanced training books and videos from our book store;

3) A FREE subscription to PI Journal;

4) And a lower average per month of union dues.

If you wish to UPGRADE your Economy 6-month Membership to a Preferred Membership, then call in your credit card number to 800-548-1526 and ask for department 44.

If you do it now - you may be in time for the next free issue of PI Journal!

OTHER QUESTIONS & ANSWERS:

Originally posted by Donna Coleman
    David, I have already mailed in the $69 which I thought was for the preferred membership and the remaining $39 will be billed after we sign the code of ethics.
    If you mailed in your CRR (Criminal Records Registration application), the letter stated the amount was $69.00 for the CRR and that you would be billed $39 for the fingerprint validation. The letter also states that union dues would be billed to, which ican average as low as $5/month.

This process is the slowest process for those who have chosen to not use a credit card. It is:

1) CRR mailed in $69
    2) Fingerprint Validation mailed in $39
    3) Union dues mailed in (from $69 to $149, depending on options)

Your express options at this point:

1) Wait until your fingerprint documents is mailed to you (which should be within 10 days) - and then complete the final $29 for that one process to receive your credential.

2) Go to the online link that Mr. Copeland posted titled Online Union Membership Options Link and choose your union membership option. You will probably receive your free training manual within 10 days. This process will save you about a month in waiting time.

Any other personal file questions, email usa@ipiu.org .

Originally posted by Michael Harris
    David,

Where was this program when I joined. I guess you needed lots more bodies roaming the forums to give you the impetus to do this.

Thank you on behalf of all the 2004 newbies.
    Actually, because the union dues are so low, the cost of providing this new express program was too time consuming because of the old method of mail and phone. But now that the new ecommerce website at http://www.privateinvestigators.cc/index.php has been launched, the technology saves payroll costs of offering this.

There are many more time saving items to be posted soon. Look for them under different Topic titles.

Originally posted by Michael Levy
    I did the electronic payment for $99. I sent in my fingerprint card as well as the other paperwork. Is there anything else I need to do because my credential and I guess my photo ID is supposed to be mailed to me by Jan 23. Do I need to pick a membership or is it taken care of through this process.
    You could select your union dues option today, and then get your training manual, test, and certificates earlier.

Details on membership here:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...&threadid=6542

Online membership options here:
    http://www.privateinvestigators.cc/i...254149effa6152

This will save you about a month.

Originally posted by Ken Proffitt
    I am getting the management membership, will that include both the trainee and advance manual's? I am somewhat a book worm in my spare time.
    Always learning
    The managagement membership is the best for building your PI Book library, which comes with a 25% discount on over 800 items at http://www.privateinvestigators.cc .

The managagement membership includes the free Basic Training Manual too.

Originally posted by Frank Martinez
    Hello, I am ready to join and get started training as a P.I. Is it safe to assume that I first need to register electronically? ($99.00)

Then after that pay for a preferred membership? ($99.00)

I just want to be sure that ELECTRONIC REGISTRATION and MEMBERSHIP are both separate but essential requirements. Any thing else I might be missing? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Frank Martinez
    Membership is required to get beyond the Level 1 access. You can click on the online link and choose either Management Membership (which gets you 25% off all advanced training books, plus a free training manual, and free business cards - or Preferred Membership.

The other electronic registration link is for those without a PI License, such as a trainee starting out, which is one time amount of $89 (or $99 for Priority) for your clearances for 3 years. After 3 years, there is no further cost to an active member.

If you do both today, then you will save a month in processing them separately. Or do the registration today and they will bill you for the membership dues.

Originally posted by Donna Coleman
    What if you will be getting your paperwork in the mail to fill out along with your photo and coe to sign should I just wait for the paperwork to arrive then mail back the money with that or go online and do the credit card I don't want to be double billed.
    Go online today and save a few weeks in getting your training manual and tests.

When the paperwork comes, fill out everything and add a note you paid online. Mail back the hard copies.

The optional custom badge/wallet coupon comes only though the mail because it is a restricted item and not available on the web site to order.

Originally posted by Paul Franco
    I have not received my package yet. ( I should be receiving it in 3-5 business days, I chose the electronic processing option) Can I pay my union dues now or should I wait until I send in my fingerprints and other paperwork? If so which option do you recommend?
    Membership is required to get beyond the Level 1 access. You can click on the online link today and choose either Management Membership (which gets you 25% off all advanced training books, plus a free training manual, and free business cards - or Preferred Membership).

The other documents you will receive in 3-5 days (as you said) are prepaid docs for your photo credentials. (See my earlier comments for when you receive your other docs)

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Martinez
    Thanks Lance, for responding. Since I don't have a PI license, then am I correct in assuming I can ONLY register electronically at this time?
    No.

You can go to the following link and join as a union member of IPIU without a PI License:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6542

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Montgomery
    From reading the replies, it seems that regardless of your status of trainee or licensed PI you need to choose and pay for a membership. Is this a correct summary? Confirm please.
    No, we have a free forum membership for a Guest Level 1.

Details are here:

Originally posted by Martha Montgomery
    1. If I signed up using the electronic method do I now need to sign up for a membership.
    IPIU will bill you for your membership dues after you receive your private investigator photo credentials. Or, you may choose to go to our ecommerce site (see above link) and choose your membership plan now, and have your benefits, free PI Magazine, and training manual processed earlier (which saves about a month).

2. If I signed up as a trainee using the $89 electronic method, do I need to sign up for a membership also.
    If you called in, then you listened to the recorded message about the optional electronic registration for same day versus having a mailed application sent out. The recording also says IPIU will bill you later for union dues, which can average as low as $5 per month.

If you received a mailed application, then the letter mentions IPIU will bill a potential member for dues after the initial processing.
    3. If I did not use the electronic method to sign up can I now change and do so.
    If you mailed in your initial paperwork with a check, and you have not received your photo credentials, then you can now go to IPIU online site and choose your membership plan. That will save you a month.
    From reading the replies, it seems that regardless of your status of trainee or licensed PI you need to choose and pay for a membership.
    Yes, for the most part to gain Level 3 and 4 access to the other 100 private forums. But a Level 1 Forum membership is free.
    Also if you did not start your process electronically you can choose a membership electronically.

Is this a correct summary? Confirm please.
    Correct!

Originally posted by Thomas Harris
    I have a question about the following:

I just mailed in my application (fingerprint card, etc.) yesterday, Feb 3. Does that mean I can get my membership on-line TODAY, Feb 4??? Theoretically then I could be mailing back my examination before receiving my id card.

This would be great, as I am extemely eager to get back to doing PI work for a licensed firm, having just relocated with my family halfway across the country. So far, ipiu seems to be a great resource. Just wish I'd found it 6 months ago!
    Yes, you can go online and choose either Preferred or Management Membership now. That will save you a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Luna
    This applies to me! Typically speaking, How long is it going to take for me to accomplish this?

"For non-licensed private investigators or trainees who have chosen to register for their clearances and personal Private Investigator Photo-Credential (which currently is a one time amount of $89 for 3 years), and includes your federal documents FBI fingerprint card, CRR, and photos, we typically wait until you receive your photo-credentials before billing you for your union dues, which includes the signing of your Code of Ethics to receive your free training manual and subscription to PI Journal. After the manual tests are returned, then you are typically upgraded to the private Level 4 forums for job and assignment opportunities." Quotation marks added
    From application to assignment can be as quick as 4-6 weeks or as long as 8-10 weeks depending on the use of a credit card or personal check and using the online order versus mail.

Sponsored by:
    This topic announces a new express program available to everyone new.

Read the first comment posted about the two links available on line.

Then either go foward with both payments for express,

Or, only do one payment for a single express, wait for the other later in the mail. It's that simple.

If you have already started one of the two items listed, then just use the online form to make you second payment now and enjoy your free training manual, PI Magazine subscription, and other benefits.

Last year you had to wait to order your manual and membership. Now you can do it now.

Using both links and both payments will save two months in mail processing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia Gibbs
    Good afternoon

I have mailed in my fingerprints and my photos on January 20, 2004 and today (Jan. 25, 2004) I chose to select my membership which is Preferred Membership for $99.00. I also chose to do this by credit card. Now what I am wondering is does this speed up the process a little, I mean, do I automatically go onto to level 2 and 3 or what. I know that now I can expect my code of ethics and my traing manual and test in the mail right or wrong. Please help me understand it gets a little confusing all at once but I think I have somewhat of an understanding I just need to know if my understanding is right.

Thank You
    Peace
    Just allow a few days, and then email usa@ipiu.org for the upgrade tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert A Rodriguez
    At the risk of sounding dense, I have to ask: after having paid the one-time fee over the phone to get access to the boards, will I automatically be billed for the membership dues, upon receiving my pack in the mail?
    No.

You will receive your credentials in the mail with a billing statement for you to choose which Membership Option you want. We no longer automatically bill a credit card without specific authorization.

Quote Originally Posted by Prem Prasad
    I have already send in my fingerprints and the photos. The $59.00 and $29.00 has already been received by the IPIU. As I am being told that I will be receiving the more information after mailing those, can I still ordr the free magazine or have to wait.
    You do not have to email Agent Relations. You can simply go online to the credit card site and choose your membership now, rather than wait for the membership form to be mailed to you. That will save you a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Darlene Holzworth

My question is "How long after I make this transaction will I recieve my training manual, P.I. Mag, and photo cards,finger printing ID's, etc?"
    If you use the online ecommerce link with your credit card, you will receive your items within 10-14 days, depending on whether you are a licensed PI or trainee. PI Magazine can take 8-12 weeks for the first free issue to arrive, and is good for a year.

At the risk of repeating myself it was stated somewhere that License Private Investigators also have to pay this fee as well as receive this package in the mail?
    Depends what type of license you have.

Alabama PI Licenses are not issued by a board of PI Licensing. They are nothing more than a state business license, and Alabama does not monitor it's PI's for wants and warrants to insure their professional conduct.

Other states have no PI Licenses issued by the state, such as Colorado. For those members, they can obtain Level 3 membership access to most benefits. But if they wish Level 4 access they must provide us with an identifcation card that is monitored regularly for wants and warrants. If they choose, they can have IPIU issue them a card for $79 for three-years (or $93 for Priority Handling to save a month in processing), after which the remaining years are free.

For regular licensed PI's where there is a government board that issued your PI License, then there is no further cost (other than Preferred or Management Membership) to gain access to Level 4. We use the PI License number to verify that the state is monitoring your conduct. Also, no fingeprints are required (as the state licensing board already has your prints).

However, if you wish to have IPIU issue you their photo credentials, then there is only a nominal amount of $29 in addition to your choice of union Preferred or Management Membership.

Summary:
    Licensed Private Investigators can receive all of the benefits a Trainee unlicensed member has, and save approximately 2 months in processing and $64.00

Am I now in a different pay level?
    You may be confusing Pay Grade with the Federal Anti-Piracy firm that hires investigators and pays them on several pay grades, which the highest is Paygrade 5 at $400. See their private assignment forum for details.
    What is the next procedural step from there?
    Click here to choose your membership plan:

You stated that For regular licensed PI's where there is a government board that issued your PI License, then there is no further cost (other than Preferred or Management Membership) to gain access to Level 4. So since I am a licensed P.I. in Mass. & you use the PI License number to verify that the state is monitoring my conduct, what exactly is my fee?
    Just Click here: Online Union Membership Options Link

Quote Originally Posted by Prem Prasad
    Thank you for your information. Do I have to wait to get my free training manual?? I have already send in all my paperwork including COE with monthly dues - $5.00 a month and my badge fee.

What is the next step from here?? I will appreciate your reply.
    Prem,

The Dues average $7/month, but they are billed at the full price of whatever membership plan you choose. You need to contact Agent Relations regarding the amount you sent for your Membership dues. There email address is usa@ipiu.org

Please vist this link as it explains the price for the dues
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...=&threadid=625

Sponsored by:
    So since I am a licensed P.I. in Mass. & you use the PI License number to verify that the state is monitoring my conduct, what exactly is my fee?

Regards,

Darlene
    Go to the following link that describes the different memberships and costs (including a free agency membership option):

Or, go the following credit card link and choose too:
    http://www.privateinvestigators.cc/index.php?cPath=67

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Bell
    Thank you for the help, it just seems as though it takes forever..... was also wondering about the free manual for training
    Please read the first comments posted above in this topic that allow you to pre-purchase your union membership while your electronic registration and photo credetnials are being processed. The credit card links above will save you a month in processing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara Bell
    i was wondering it has been about 4 weeks and i did my electronic registration over the phone for $79.00, how much longer should it be before i get my paperwork? anyone who can assist w/this, thank you!!!!
    Ask this question in your Introduction Topic in the Forum Member Introductions Lounge. A moderator will help you with the time tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Mercer
    Darlene,
    Quick question; if you are already a Licensed Private Investigator, why are you requesting a manual? I am relatively new and I don't understand.

Julie Mercer
    Julie, many licensed private investigators choose to continue on with their academic training from different authors to better prepare themselves for a different view on the profession. If a licensed PI does not wish to have the free training manual shipped, they can choose another title from a list of Advanced Books.

Quote Originally Posted by David M Larance
    I was wondering what I needed to do to receive my free training manual.
    Welcome, David.

Please read the instructions in the first comment in this topic and the available links provided.

Also, please post your Introduction in the Forum Member Introductions Lounge. A moderator will help you wth Newcomer Instruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie Campbell
    I think I may have goofed! I signed up for a Preferred Membership thinking that would include a manual and the necessary docs to move forward. I have read and reread the Forums and now am wondering if I should have done something different. Help!
    Thanks.
    The free manual is included with the Preferred Membership.

The other item would be for unlicensed Private Investigators who wish to obtain Level 4 access. You would choose the other option for Electronic Registration here:

http://www.privateinvestigators.cc/index.php?cPath=68

Any other questions, please ask them in your Introduction Topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Holm
    There are so many books and videos available at the International Private Investigators Union Online Bookstore .
    Over 800 items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrina M Wessel
    I'm confused. Does this come in our packet of do we have to wait for another package after we send back our finger prints and ect.?
    After you send back your prints and photos you will will be billed for union dues, which includes the free training manual and other benefits. If you wish to save a month in processing, then you can click on the links posted in the first comment to choose your union membership now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Walker
    Am I correct that I have to purchase a membership before I can get the training manual/exam free?
    All free benefits are available to paid members.

Example 1: In my country, citizens (or members) have benefits such as free health care, free doctor visits, free hospital, free safe drinking water, free police protection, free prisons.

Example 2: In some countries, there is no free health care, no free safe drinking water (have to pay extra for it), no free police protection (have to pay per police report), and no free prisons (criminals serving time have to pay for their own room and board).

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Walker
    How about the badge/wallet? I realize I have 30 days to use the discount but I just really don't have all that $$$ now Is it possible to send in a deposit or initial installment and be billed for monthly payments?
    Possibly. The custom badge alone takes 3-4 weeks, and the custom made leather wallet takes 3-4 weeks. A deposit with a few extra payments in full may be approved, but you should privately email betty@ipiu.org who works in that department. Or, ask her for an extension on the coupon you have.

Sponsored by:
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Moran
    I called the number and requested a Referral Application.

Can I still do this on-line even though this paper work will take another week or two to receive?
    Yes.

You can click and join as a union member (see first page where the link is), your union dues ($89 or $129 for a year) will be added to your current file. That alone will save you a month in processing.

You can click and register for your electronic registration ($79 to $93, depending on priority) and that will be added to your file which will over-ride your request for a referral application. They will then contact you via email and mail for photos, etc. This option will save you a month. They will bill you later for union dues after you receive your photo credeintials and Code of Ethics to sign.

To save another month in processing, you can also click and join as a union member (see first page where the link is), your union dues ($89 or $129 for a year) will be added to your current file. That alone will save you a month in processing.

Sponsored by:
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta A Bryant
    If I have paid for the express with all my fees paid should I not of received the manual also?
    No. The membership dues options does not have an Express Option because Agent Relations needs a signed Code of Ethics before releasing the manual and all of the certificates. The Express Option you are referring to is for unlicensed private investigator trainees who wish to have their federal documents (fingerprint card, etc) expressed mailed to them rather than snail mail. That item leads to you receiving your private investigator photo credentials, which is not your manual or certificates.

Therefore, trainees usually opt for both of the following:

1) Membership

2) Photo Credentials in lieu of no PI License.

And this topic announces a new program where both #1 and #2 can now be ordered at our secured ecommerce site.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta A Bryant
    My husband signed up through the internet express and did not receive his manual either could you please explain why or tell me how to look into this
    Thanks
    Roberta Bryant

Husband is

Charles Bryant
    Please have you husband, using his own User Name and passcode, ask this question by authoriing his own Introduction Topic where the trainers can better direct his inquiry to the existing titled topics that answer his question. Even though both of you may share the same computer, his record of progress and yours must be separate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Tammy Ramirez
    I truly have no clue at where i'm at in the process right now. I don't have access to anything or a job referral due to not having any money. Money is what is stopping me.
    This topic is for general information on how to achieve an express method of getting quickly credentialed, trained, and access to the on-the-job assignments. It is not a topic for personal financial issues. If you have a personal question that does not pertain to the general union membership, you should privately email usa@ipiu.org to inquire.

Or, you can simply continue with the regular time table afforded you and not jump into an express option you cannot afford.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Tammy Ramirez
    So are you guys saying with out dues paid in full you get no job referrals and no training manual.
    Again, your process is not the path everyone chooses.

A Licensed Private Investigator simply makes a one year annual payment of $89 to become a Union Member and have access to all four accesses. The same goes for all licensed attorneys, law enfocement officers, and any others who meet the NCIC waivers.

An Unlicensed private investigator will make two payments. One for union membership, and the other for either a state issued PI License or the IPIU Photo Credentials Card. That's it. There is nothing more.

If you wish to know whay you can do over the next few weeks, post your inquiry in your personal Introduction Topic where your online trainers and moderators can direct you. There is a ton of training you can do before you ever see a manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric J Smith
    This is great information, but it should probably be more visible to newcomers. I have already done the things listed in number 1 and 2, after 2 days of reading the forums. I didn't find this post until after I had already completed both of those tasks.
    Yes, the information is here, but members need to "investigate where the information is located".

Quote Originally Posted by Lisette Amaro
    You may have received this question before but, I paid my 89.50 and 99.00. How long before I can view the job openings? Also, the training manual is included with the managment membership, but how much is it with the preferred membership?
    Hello Lisette,

After receiving your manual and taking the test, you will reach Level 4. You will then be able to receive assignments. Please follow the guidelines in the Newcomers link I posted in your introduction. Your introduction is located at the link below. Keep the link handy and post further questions for help there.

Lisette Amaro

Brenda

Sponsored by:
    You may have received this question before but, I paid my 89.50 and 99.00. How long before I can view the job openings?
    After you pass the exams.
    Also, the training manual is included with the managment membership, but how much is it with the preferred membership?
    The free training manual is included with both Preferred and Management Memberships.

However, you have the option of upgrading to a Management Membership which includes a very BIG discount on over 500 advanced training books and programs, plus free private investigator business cards, and many more benefits that are being added every week to the Management Membership. If you wish to upgrade, email usa@ipiu.org and provide them with your day time phone to go over the details.

B Ann Craig - is offline Administrative Forum Trainer

Sr. Certified Distinguished Member:
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine Perry
    Hello Everyone,
    I wanted to say thanks for all questions and postings in this thread. After reading everyone's postings I decided to go ahead a pay for my membership and now the manual and test are on the way. "Look out level 4, here I come!"
    Catherine, the fast track is the best way to get to level 4. Good luck on your test when you get it. Don't forget to post your score, also. Good luck in all you do.

Have a wonderful weekend. Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Montalvo
    How exactly do I send in my fingerprints and photos? Who/where do I mail it to? Will I receive any information through the mail? I did the electronic sign up and have done everything else. All including COE agreement and posted my introduction. What else do I need to do and what else do I need to wait for?
    Diana, please ask your questions in your introduction topic by clicking here:

http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21660

Can anyone tell me exactly how to order the preferred membership? I have tried several times and each time , Im directed to signin. After doing so, Im directed to sign in again or directed to new products Im not interested in.
    Im getting a little frustrated going in circles.

Thank you.

Free Training Manual

Hi:I have a few questions about the manual.
    I filled out the membership paperwork,COE,etc. and sent them in along with the checklist.
    I don't remember checking a box requesting the manual with tests you are talking about.Does this come automatically if I sent in all the paperwork?
    If I had to specifically request it and I didn't check a box requesting it,how do I get it now ?
    Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Free training manual

Please go ahead and send me my free training manual.

Thankyou
    Scott

Just a suggestion: People who call in to apply should be informed that they have this express option

Hi, Lisa:
    Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it. Have a great day !

Julie Radermacher

hello,

What is this training manual you refer to here.

I have received my operations manual and taken the test (passed).

I am waiting for my badge

and I still have not received my PI magazine

Whats up?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey L Kauffman
    Hi:I have a few questions about the manual.
    I filled out the membership paperwork,COE,etc. and sent them in along with the checklist.
    I don't remember checking a box requesting the manual with tests you are talking about.Does this come automatically if I sent in all the paperwork?
    If I had to specifically request it and I didn't check a box requesting it,how do I get it now ?
    Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.
    Answer: Yes, it is sent after you mail in your membership dues. This topic gives others an option to pay over the internet link provided above.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Radermacher
    hello,

Same manual.

Whats up?
    Please ask this question by posting it in your Introduction Topic where the trainers can better direct your inquiry to the existing titled topics that answer your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Guerin
    Can anyone tell me exactly how to order the preferred membership? I have tried several times and each time , Im directed to signin. After doing so, Im directed to sign in again or directed to new products Im not interested in.
    Im getting a little frustrated going in circles.

Thank you.
    Scott,

If you have never purchased from the above store link, you will need to choose "New Customer" when checking out. What you are probably doing is typing in your Forum Password and email address.

The PI Store is a different website then the PI Forums.

Or, you can call 800-548-1526 and ask for Department 22 to make a telehpone credit card order.

Thank you for this Thread. The information is very helpful, and I am amazed at how much is available on this website.

Thank you for the reply. I wil try it.

Scott

How and where do I go to download a free training manual?

Lisa Frye - is offline Certified SPI
    Licensed Private Investigator

Moderator (On Leave of Absence)
    Sr. Distinguished Union Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Peraza
    How and where do I go to download a free training manual?
    Michelle,

I think you misunderstood. There is no training manual to download. Please see the first post in this thread.

Hope this helps.

Lisa

Thanks.

Good program.

Congrads on passing!

undefined
    hello,

Whats up?
    Congradulations on passing your test,,, how many test do you have to pass in order to get your badge (if you are just a trainee and not liceinced)? THANKS FOR ANY INFO.....
    Sherry Osborne
    PI Trainee

Question about PI License

Quote Originally Posted by Technical Support
    This topic is for general information on how to achieve an express method of getting quickly credentialed, trained, and access to the on-the-job assignments. It is not a topic for personal financial issues. If you have a personal question that does not pertain to the general union membership, you should privately email usa@ipiu.org to inquire.

Or, you can simply continue with the regular time table afforded you and not jump into an express option you cannot afford.

Again, your process is not the path everyone chooses.

A Licensed Private Investigator simply makes a one year annual payment of $89 to become a Union Member and have access to all four accesses. The same goes for all licensed attorneys, law enfocement officers, and any others who meet the NCIC waivers.

An Unlicensed private investigator will make two payments. One for union membership, and the other for either a state issued PI License or the IPIU Photo Credentials Card. That's it. There is nothing more.

If you wish to know whay you can do over the next few weeks, post your inquiry in your personal Introduction Topic where your online trainers and moderators can direct you. There is a ton of training you can do before you ever see a manual.
    Above it states an unlicensed PI will make 2 pymts. which will be for union membership, and the other for either State ISSUED PI LICENSE or the IPIU Photo Credentials Card. My question is does that mean that IPIU issues STATE PI LICENSE? And sorry one more question, what is the requrements you have to do before getting your issued badge? Thanks so much for your help !

Sherry Osborne

Wink Licensing laws

Hi,Sheila:
    You could click on the search button at the top of this page.
    Type in licensing laws and it should take you to the right forum.
    Scroll down when you get the results and look for your state.
    Have a great day,and good luck in your new career.

Lisa Frye - is offline Certified SPI
    Licensed Private Investigator

Moderator (On Leave of Absence)
    Sr. Distinguished Union Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey L Kauffman
    Hi,Sheila:
    You could click on the search button at the top of this page.
    Type in licensing laws and it should take you to the right forum.
    Scroll down when you get the results and look for your state.
    Have a great day,and good luck in your new career.
    Go to public forums and scroll down til you see Licensing laws. After you click there, it will have the laws for each individual state!

Help-Confused about payment

Hi to anyone that can answer - I already paid $89.50 via the telephone and received the Criminal Records Registration. Do I need to submit $69 with the application as it states and then once I get my fingerprints need to pay another $39? I thought the $89 dollars covered all this plus the manual. What other expenses will there be other than what I've already paid.

Thanks in advance for any clarification of my questions

I would like a free training manual.

Roberta, I am with you I would like to get a free training manual now, could someone help me and Roberta with this and tell us how we get it? Thanks !

I would like a free training manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry Osborne
    Roberta, I am with you I would like to get a free training manual now, could someone help me and Roberta with this and tell us how we get it? Thanks !
    Greetings Sherry

The training manual that is being referred to is the manual you get which contains the test that allows you access to Level 4 and is only obtainable once you have become a member of the IPIU, paid your dues and return the paperwork that will be sent to you.

Once you've sent back your signed COE, fingerprint card, photos for ID, etc. they will mail your manual and test to you. Generally it will take a few weeks after receipt of your documents before the manual is mailed out to you.

If you have any questions regarding membership go to Membership Options and if you have any other questions concerning this same topic you might want to take a look at From Application to Assignments Forum.

Some very basic questions may also be accessed by utilizing the FAQ link that is located in the blue toolbar that is at the top of every page.

Hope this answers your questions. Good luck!

Edward Taguba is offline Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forums

Professional Member of:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gail Zito

Thanks in advance for any clarification of my questions
    Please ask this question by posting it in your Introduction Topic where the trainers can better direct your inquiry to the existing titled topics that answer your question. Thank you for your support.

I would like to have a free training manual!
    Thanks,
    Todd

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast