Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: In the News: Female Private Investigators

regular schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Mary A Young
    I can tell you how I get so many posts. IPIU has become a regular part of my day. Currently, I'm working on it happening at the same time every day. I don't have as many as Donna, however. A lot of that is because the flu bug has been through this house twice in the month I've been here! So I have had several days of not being here.

When I log onto the main Forums page, I always do a "VIEW ACTIVE TOPICS" search and that tells me where to start each day. I don't always get through all of them. But I go as far as I can. I do a lot of welcoming of newbies because I really do like that sort of thing.

And I try and keep my posts personal, but when I get to the other levels, I very well may have to resort to something a bit more canned. I'm going to fight doing that until I have to. As we gain forum accesses that are higher, it will get to be too much.

Hope that helps ya!

Mary
    Mary,
    when I took online classes I found it better to try and get my posts done at the same time during the day preferably in the morning and then check for responses in the evening, I started to do that here but I made a move and was without internet for 3 weeks I am trying my best to get back in the same habitl One you break a pattern it is hard to get back into the swing of things
    Roberta Bryant

I think it is wonderful that so many women are getting strong enough to take on a "man's job". I think people have this picture that PI's are supposed to be big burly men. But in reality it's just us little women doing a better and more precise job than men.

Quote Originally Posted by Amalia Martinelli
    I think it is wonderful that so many women are getting strong enough to take on a "man's job". I think people have this picture that PI's are supposed to be big burly men. But in reality it's just us little women doing a better and more precise job than men.
    Amalia,
    I worked construction for 4 years and I went to cut a peice of steel for the house and the guys all said that I would not be able to perform this task, turned out not only did I perfrom the task I ended up being the top rod buster on our crew and held this position for most of the four years. Not only was I strong enough I was more accurate and faster. I not only am a women I was old enough to be most of these guys mother! I hate when someone tells me I can not do something because I am a female. It makes me try all the harder!
    Roberta

I have 3 sisters who said if I get my P.I. license they will come to work for me. My Mom even said she wants a piece of it. She wants to find the cheaters. She said she knows where to find them, I think she's had a bit of experience. With our woman's "intuition" I think we will make good P.I.'s. I know getting started I want to work every aspect of the business that I can until , I know what I like and what I'm good at.

Is it just my pet-peeve or what? This forum has so many type errors, spelling errors, and bad speech that I am having an awful time reading it just because I find myself wanting to correct the I's that need capitalized, or the mix-ups in proper language usage! The reading was okay, seems no one has been here for months or something though. I think this is a good place to show your proper type skills,grammar, and professionalism. Plus, it's good practice.
    Girl Power is Awesome! I have to agree there. I will be a great P.I. and I am so close!
    Thanks to all whom have helped.

Never let them put you down!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta A Bryant
    Amalia,
    I worked construction for 4 years and I went to cut a peice of steel for the house and the guys all said that I would not be able to perform this task, turned out not only did I perfrom the task I ended up being the top rod buster on our crew and held this position for most of the four years. Not only was I strong enough I was more accurate and faster. I not only am a women I was old enough to be most of these guys mother! I hate when someone tells me I can not do something because I am a female. It makes me try all the harder!
    Roberta
    Not all men are that way!! I feel more power to you!! There are very few things a woman can not do that a man does.........and have worked with a lot of women who did the job very well! DO hate the ladies who try to "charm" the men into helping them all the time though!! Keep up the good work and hope all is well with you!

I agree!!

Quote Originally Posted by Judith Bray
    Is it just my pet-peeve or what? This forum has so many type errors, spelling errors, and bad speech that I am having an awful time reading it just because I find myself wanting to correct the I's that need capitalized, or the mix-ups in proper language usage! The reading was okay, seems no one has been here for months or something though. I think this is a good place to show your proper type skills,grammar, and professionalism. Plus, it's good practice.
    Girl Power is Awesome! I have to agree there. I will be a great P.I. and I am so close!
    Thanks to all whom have helped.
    Ladies are awesome and keep up the good work!! I also agree that some of the post are hard to understand and not very well thought out! Take care.
    Ricki Smith
    Badge 10279

Tracy Perez

I agree with the woman's intution.. It is good to see woman in here. I am so glad to be a part of this . Go ! Girl Power!

That is so awesome of you Roberta! I love it when I hear about women like you. I hope I will always have strength and courage like you do!

Amila,
    It really wasn't courage it was determination. No man is going to tell me I cannot do a job he can and have proved it many times. In most instances women actually do them better because of the fact we are told we can't and it seems women are more perfectionists when it comes to a lot of tasks
    You will be trust me
    Roberta

That is so Roberta! That's probably why they don't want us to do "their" jobs, cause they know we will do them better.

Cynthia Keating

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta A Bryant
    Amila,
    It really wasn't courage it was determination. No man is going to tell me I cannot do a job he can and have proved it many times. In most instances women actually do them better because of the fact we are told we can't and it seems women are more perfectionists when it comes to a lot of tasks
    You will be trust me
    Roberta
    Good for you Roberta!
    The minute we start believing we cannot do something or that we are somehow less capable, we become helpless.
    It's all about confidence and determination and I personally despise the word "cant". I think this is a phenomenal business for women and I am thrilled by the current statistics.
    Best Wishes to All!

Quote Originally Posted by Adonieve D Stoley
    Just a thought:

With women's percentages rising in this field, I wonder how many of that percentage are single mom's.
    Adonieve,

I would think the percentage would be fairly high if you combined single moms/women and moms with older or grown children. My thinking?........OK you guys', now it's MY turn to do what I want!

How about single dads??

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo Evans
    Adonieve,

I would think the percentage would be fairly high if you combined single moms/women and moms with older or grown children. My thinking?........OK you guys', now it's MY turn to do what I want!
    I am a single dad of two girls and have been since they were 1 and 3. My mom was a single mother of three so I see both sides of it!! More power to all that take on more than the average!!

cynthia,
    even around the house hubby is always telling me something needs to be fixed. I seem to know more about the house then him. I was single for a long time maybe that had something to do with it. When your single with kids you learn to do for yourself and not depend on anyone else
    Roberta

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Amalia Martinelli
    That is so Roberta! That's probably why they don't want us to do "their" jobs, cause they know we will do them better.
    Amelia,
    I think that in a lot of instances we would have the advantage. When it comes to insurance fraud I can go to construction sites and do many tasks and blend in even ride around as if I am an inspector all I need is that white truck or act as a homeowner checking on the progress of how my home is coming. There are so many different things that a guy would never even suspect.
    Roberta Bryant

Yeah we do have a lot of advantages. I guess if guys actually paid attention other than that one thing they might realize what's going on. But I'm glad they are that way. Better for us women!

Girls Rule & Boys Drool

Patti

LOL!!! That's right Patti!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricki Smith
    I am a single dad of two girls and have been since they were 1 and 3. My mom was a single mother of three so I see both sides of it!! More power to all that take on more than the average!!
    Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, Ricki. This never made it to my email.

Glad to see you can be objective on the subject. Thanks for your vote of confidence! It goes a long way.

Have a great day!

Cleo

Always good to hear a story on how well women are doing in the field. However, the statistics that I have been hearing have been contradicting. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I can find a valid statistic on the number of women who are involved in private investigating?? Thank you.

Thank you Donna for sharing that information. It's good to know that a percentage of women are interested in the field.

Katrina

Lightbulb 65%!?

I just can't get over that statistic! 65% are women! That is so awesome, and so encouraging! Thanks for the great info! YOU GO, GIRLS!

Samir Tulic - is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Nothing without females:O)

I would like to read that story as well. I always believed that women could do anything as good as a man and better. One of the high schools I played football for even had a woman who played on the boys team. She is in our hall of fame. I seen here play before I got in high school. She was as good as anybody on the field and just as tough. I give my props for all you women out there that prove the theory of women being as good as men. My wife and I talk about this all the time. For the wages, don't believe everything you see on the t.v.. I think you make as much as you want. You just have to work for it. I've read how some P.I.'s made as much as $300,000 a year. It just takes someone who is willing to work for it to earn it.

"It's true!"

Every job is not a man's job.There is no such thing as a man's job.Anything a man can do a woman can do and in some cases even better.There is no point in stereotyping any job because you can do anything you out your mind to.It's your choice to det the trend!

[B]Laughing in Texas!! Hey ladies. Remember, "men are from Mars and women are from Venus." Poor guys being picked on....grinning....hey pick on me. I bite...just kidding...

I just wanted to add-I definetly can appreciate the comments within this forum. I would like to share that I have always wanted to inquire more about this field, and I am approaching a point in my life where I may need to change employment due to a corporate merger. I had my AHA moment when a local paper here in Delaware published an article on women private investigators in the state and nationwide. The article reported today's percentage of women in the field, and the opportunity for growth in the future. In addition, there were comments from local licensed female investigators describing their experience and excitement. I was overjoyed to read about their careers.
    I thought, yes, women can rock too!
    If anyone would like to read it, I am searching for the link now to share.
    All the best,
    Debbie

Hi Deborah,

I'm interested in reading this article. I actually read a good one right here at the top of the page,where it says..PI Stories or PI NEWS.....check it out!

Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Rose O'Bryan
    However, the statistics that I have been hearing have been contradicting. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I can find a valid statistic on the number of women who are involved in private investigating?? Thank you.

Hi Jessica,

Did you ever get anyone to send you a valid statistic on the following subject? I would like to know since I've heard different as well. Have a great day!

Debbie R.

Hello everyone! This forum has been very enlightening. It's nice to see that so many females are getting into this field. Good Luck to everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Stacey Lawalin
    Hello everyone! This forum has been very enlightening. It's nice to see that so many females are getting into this field. Good Luck to everyone!
    Stacey - I was just about to say the same thing after reading these posts,
    so....... DITTO . Good luck to everyone in their endeavors and keep us posted as to how you're doing out there
    Thanks,
    Patti

I am anxiously waiting for my training materials in the mail. I have enjoyed all of the forums, especially this story. I am 23 and have been out of college for about a year. I always intended to go to law school, but I worked for an attorney as his assistant and lets just say it was not a good experience. We used a PI service to search for clients who did not want to pay their fee or clients who had disappeared. I was so interested in their line of work, that I looked into it and here I am. Its reassuring to hear that so many other women are entering this feild and succeeding. I cannot wait to start this new chapter. Good luck to everyone. Male and female.

Hi Kathry and everyone else-funny we've got alot in common. I graduated college a few years ago and also started working for a lawfirm, here in Fort Lauderdale, Florida with the intentions of going to law school. Needless to say here I am too! I just found myself grabbing all the investigative duties that came up at work. I would get on whatever needed to be found instead of contacting the investigator we use. I've been there for over two years, learned everything there is for me to learn and its time to move on...its been a learning experiences, I'd even say that I've obtained the information we've needed at work probably 8 out of 10 times. So leaving only 20% to our investigator. Its time--good luck to you and all.
    Diana

If anyone knows how we can get more women involved with federal law enforcement career opportunities, please let me know.

Amen Renee!!!!

single mom here!!!!!

Todd Heddleson - is offline Sr. Member:
    Private Investigators Forum

2005 - 2007 Professional Management Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Thumbs up woman pi's

as far as women being pi's I only have one thing to say about that/ ok a couple of things, first WONDERFUL!! and IT'S ABOUT TIME!!

Todd Heddleson - is offline Sr. Member:
    Private Investigators Forum

2005 - 2007 Professional Management Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Thumbs up woman pi's

some of you woman say that you can do things as good as us men i'll be the first to admit on my last job there were girls that could do things better then me. there were girls that could out work alot of men there, and they were about it. so ladys { male shovenistic pigs } belong in a pin!! you belong were you are happy if being a pi makes you happy then work were your happy,if your not happy were your working!

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie Richardson

Hello Mary,

Hey thanks for the tip on the "View Active Topics". I had no clue to go there...thanks to you I do now. I have just been pretty much replying to my email messages and then go from there. It depends on whether or not I have time, but I also jump around using the pull down menu of forums. I'm still trying to figure out my way around and I'm still overwhelmed. I just hope I am doing the processes right and doing something I'm not suppose to.

I guess if I messed up somewhere I would have been notified by the proper authority. So far, so good! Whoosh…Thanks for replying to my message and I also appreciate you sharing your info with all of us. Have a great day and keep up the good work!
    Yes Thanks! Now the first thing I do after logging on is view the active topics. But I'm afraid I read a great deal more than I post. I have gotten such great info on such a variety of subjects. Who knew there were so many P.I.'s willing to cooperate andhelp each other! Wow! This is a great place!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast