Thread: Licensing For An Already Existing Home-based Agency

Trenell Blanks is offline **
    Former Moderator:

Distinguished Member:
    Prior Union Member 2006 - 2007

Question Licensing For An Already Existing Home-based Agency

I am aware it takes 3 years to obtain a PI license. What if you already have an existing agency, specializing in missing persons and skiptracing (investigations), that's been operating for a year, would I receive a years' credit?

Eventhough I just now enrolled in this program, I already have a dba, LLC, federal /state tax id, first operating date and clients, would that count as verifiable work experience and history?
    Trenell Blanks

Re: Licensing For An Already Existing Home-based Agency

Originally posted by Trenell Blanks
    I am aware it takes 3 years to obtain a PI license. What if you already have an existing agency, specializing in missing persons and skiptracing (investigations), that's been operating for a year, would I receive a years' credit?

Eventhough I just now enrolled in this program, I already have a dba, LLC, federal /state tax id, first operating date and clients, would that count as verifiable work experience and history?
    Hi Trenell,

The answer to your question really depends on the laws of your state. You can find them by scrolling up above this thread.

In my state, I can open an Agency, but have to hire "C" licensed investigators to do the cases. I can then have the "sponsorship" form filled out and sent in to the state. I would work under the "C" licensed investigator's supervision and receive "credited hours"

Read the laws for your state and I am sure you will know what you have to do.

Let us know if we can be of more help to you.

Have a Happy New Year.
    Deborah Siehl

Disclaimer:
    Comments are not intended to be and should absolutely not be taken as legal, tax, financial, or any other professional advice. If you should require professional, legal, tax, or financial advice, you must first enter into a written agreement with only a licensed professional for such services, signed by both you and the licensed professional, and paid a retainer in good funds. The posted comments herein are not, nor do they intend to be, a solicitation to be your licensed professional. Members accessing comments by any member of this website are required to be bound by their Terms of Use Agreement regarding Administrators.

Former Moderator:

Distinguished Member:
    Thanks Deborah for replying.
    I didn't know if the question was too personal and should be directed to my assigned e-mail personnel or could be posted here. I will read Texas laws more carefully again, and see if I can locate the answer. But for what I could come with, Texas doesn't require a license for a large number of things--but I have been reading alot of material here and possibly over-looked the answer.
    I be back in contact should I need additional assistance, thanks again...
    Trenell
    Trenell Blanks

Hi Trennell,

While looking at the laws in the Texas link in this forum, please scroll down to members replies and read that info too. There is links to the Texas licensing also.
    Deborah Siehl

Disclaimer:
    Comments are not intended to be and should absolutely not be taken as legal, tax, financial, or any other professional advice. If you should require professional, legal, tax, or financial advice, you must first enter into a written agreement with only a licensed professional for such services, signed by both you and the licensed professional, and paid a retainer in good funds. The posted comments herein are not, nor do they intend to be, a solicitation to be your licensed professional. Members accessing comments by any member of this website are required to be bound by their Terms of Use Agreement regarding Administrators.

Former Moderator:

Distinguished Member:

Wink

Will do thanks again Deborah.
    Trenell Blanks