Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are you a Licensed Private Investigator?

Are you a Licensed Private Investigator?

If you are a Licensed Private Investigator, Attorney, Bail Bond Agent, or sworn active civilian Law Enforcement Officer who has the standard free Level 1 Regular password, you may wish to request a free Professional Upgrade to Level-1 Professional.

To request your upgrade, do the following:
    1. Click on the CONTACT US link at the bottom of any forum page.

Or, click here:
      http://www.ipiu.org/forums/sendmessage.php

2. Choose the item titled Password Access to Level 1-Professional (Licensed PI's Only) - which is also good for licensed Attorney, Bail Bond Agent, or sworn active civilian Law Enforcement Officer.

3. Type in your full name, contact information, email, license number, and all other details needed to verify your license.

4. After you have been upgraded, click on the following Level 1-Professional Link to test out your new password access:

http://www.ipiu.org/forums/forumdisp...sprune=-1&f=14

Want to provide your Email/Website to other PI's?
    Go here: Instructions Link

New to the Private Investigators Forums?
    Go here: Newcomer Instructions Link

INVITATION:
    We invite you to read the following quote about accessing the other 200+ private forums here:

Thanks for your interest in IPIU and the Private Investigators Forums.

Level 4 access is for those who are IPIU fraternal union members who have signed their Oath & Code of Ethics and have chosen a membership option (some of which are free to certain agencies).

Level 4 benefits are detailed in the Union News Forum.

For licensed professionals, the benefits of union membership also include an upgrade in their approved signature and User Title to advertise themselves or their agency to clients and other agencies that wish to retain their services.

Presently, you are at Level 1-Professional - which gives you limited access to the agency who sponsored you recently to conduct their assignments. The remaining 200 private forums would be open to you upon your signing the IPIU Oath & Code of Ethics and choosing a union membership (some of which are free to certain agencies who qualify).

Here are some free links and details:

Level Access details:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...&threadid=3062

Details on membership here:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...&threadid=6542

Online membership options here:
    http://www.privateinvestigators.cc/i...254149effa6152

Online Electronic Registration for non-licensed private investigators:
    Click here for standard and priority options:
    http://www.privateinvestigators.cc/i...254149effa6152

Union Membership Benefits:
    http://ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=625

Unsolicited Testimonials Forum:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/forumdisp...?s=&forumid=48

Home Page:
    http://www.ipiu.org/

Again, we thank you for your interest and look forward to a long and rewarding professional relationship.

Great quick reference guide Cynthia! Answers every question I had after recieving my initial e-mail invitation.

I am a licensed Private Investigator in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in excellent standing since 1993. I This is such a different venue in the investigating world, I really am very motivated to get my "feet wet" on these new assignments.

Darlene
    Licensed Private Investigator

This information is helpful. When a PI is already licensed and joins IPIU does he/she receive a new identification card from IPIU, or just keep the one they already have?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Naquin
    This information is helpful. When a PI is already licensed and joins IPIU does he/she receive a new identification card from IPIU, or just keep the one they already have?
    The Preferred Membership and Management Membership does not include the photo-credentials. It is an option that amounts to about a $29 set up fee, and then is free every year thereafter on renewal.

Hello, I am a licensed Private Investigator in West Virginia, I am operating on my own business license as a private business.

Hello Everyone, found this site last week and have read a Forum Topic every day since joining...Excellent Info.
    I am a Licensed Surety Bail Bond Agent for State of Ohio, goal is to become a Licensed Private Investigator, getting ready to be a registered P.I. Just sent the Link for this sight to an 2 Associates already in the P.I. Field...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin L White
    Hello, I am a licensed Private Investigator in West Virginia, I am operating on my own business license as a private business.
    Hello, Kevin.

For some reason we do not have your PI License number or details.

Please click on the following link:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12764

In the link there are instructions on how to get some free passcode and title upgrades.

Thanks,

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Benninger
    Hello Everyone, found this site last week and have read a Forum Topic every day since joining...Excellent Info.
    I am a Licensed Surety Bail Bond Agent for State of Ohio, goal is to become a Licensed Private Investigator, getting ready to be a registered P.I. Just sent the Link for this sight to an 2 Associates already in the P.I. Field...

Thank you for the comments, Dean.

I would also invite you to become a fraternal union member.

Here is the details link:

http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...&threadid=6542

Thank you,

Robert

John G - is offline Retired Forum Moderator

Private Investigators Forums
    Sponsored by the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Robert, I just wanted to thank you for your hard and patient work with all of us. Thanks, and I hope we can all make your job easier and you can do the same with us. If I can be of assistance to you, please let me know.

Johnny

Thank you for the good info. I just mailed back my paperwork for my cridentails. I hope to have them soon so that I can have access to the higher levels

Phillip Torrence is offline Licensed Private Investigator
    Agency Owner
    Private Investigator Union Member
    Hello
    I am a lic PI in Ca. and awaiting lic in NY. At the present I am in Nj on matters of inportance. NBT systems Investigations

HI Phillip Good luck on your important business I hope it turns out OK for you.

Agency Owner
    Thank you Rafael , I love Florida, I am taking the family Dizzy World in april for a break from the Rat Race. I noted that In Fla with my Ca. PI lic they let me do up to 60 days on an Investigations case . I have Friends there who share Polygrath bonds with . I am a Polygraph examiner also. Tell me a little about you Rafael You seem to be a nice guy. Let stay in touch.
    Phil
    of
    NBTsystems

Agency Owner
    I am a lic PI with my own agency and a Federal Police office with my Denver officer Requesting to advance a code
    Phillip Torrence
    nbtsystems
    Ps all you have copies of

Hi Phillip Nice of you to write As for me I was Military Infantry 75-83 In 87-88 I worked for Lincoln Control as an undercover Investigator I got cancer Gone now thank God. BUt I"ve worked as a security Guard in Florida from 97-99 but I did not keep up my license. I've been a store manager, and mostly customer service for the Phone company and a couple of cell companies. I am back as a security guard now but I an looking to become a PI but I can not find anyone to hire me right now. I need to do 2 years as an intern for a LIcensed PI. Good luck at the mouse house. when you come.

Agency Owner
    If get something in your city I will help you get the experience you need. ok

Even though I am not a licensed PI, I will become one one day. Thank you for the helpful tips on the other forums to help me on the way. My goal is to become a licensed PI and own my own firm, but the state of Md. is more complicated. So I'm going to get all I can get out of the union. So far, so good!

Agency Owner
    Hey My Brother
    Learn all you CAN and CAN all you get!!!!
    There are High times and low times but stick with it.
    I am sure you will be Great because you have a mind to learn.
    I started out in 1963 as an uncover Investigator then an Shopper and Believe if a theift is working in a store I will caught him. Shopping services not like they use to be. I then became a Chain Store Detective I a pro caughting thiefs. But then I went to work for the NYC Correction Dept from there to Federal Gov. during all this time I was in school even Polygraph school. Part time Minister. I just wish this sight was out in my younger days. So to all of you out there in PI land take advange of this blessing.
    Peace
    Phillip

Hugh Brown Jr is offline Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigator Forum Member Corporate Agency Owner

Professional Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Hi are you doing today Phillip. Is it hard to get into being a Store Detective?

Agency Owner

Smile Easy

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Goodwyn
    Hi are you doing today Phillip. Is it hard to get into being a Store Detective?
    It is east ,Most Store Detectives are called Loss Prevention Officer. All chain stores security Dept. hires. Just go to personnel office of a chain or security Manager and request
    the position. This is the time of year when they need the help.
    Call Large chain stores .

Professional Member of:
    Thanks Phillip, I did not know it was that easy.

Very interesting Phillip, that seems like good niche' or avenue
    of PI work I'd not thought about thanks for tip/info.
    Matt C

Ms. lewis,
    I'm in your same boat and also plan to utilize IPIU forums,etc. immensely. I'm sure the rules are somewhat different in GA, where I reside, but If come across anything helpful/new I'll let you know. I'm still green, but if I can help don't hesitate to ask. Best of luck and difinately USE the forums.
    Matt C.
    Dem., GA

I have a family acquaintaince that has his Master's in Int. Business. I was offered a job at Woolworth's I believe, as Loss prevention Manager. Is it ,I know this is probably a dumd ?, ok to pull strings a see if he could help me with a job since my experience is difinately at the level as his nor the same field. How much different would his work be than say your proto typical PI?
    thanks,
    Matt

Matthew,

For starters, I don't believe in "dumb" questions... Ask... if it’s been ask and answered before, someone will direct you to the right forum/thread.

(Or you can always try a search)

Were you offered the Manager position or was your friend offered the position?

As for speaking with the family friend and having him "pull strings", I say go for it. From what I am seeing / reading a good portion of the business is all about who you know. Use your sources and contacts.

I worked for Sear Loss Prevention for a couple years doing undercover floor surveillance, and camera work. I must admit, that was a blast. I held a full time job in computers at the time, but I loved working there so much I stayed until I moved. I miss it to this day.

Rich

thanks

Rich,
    Thanks for the info, sounds like I niche' I'd difinately be interested in trying. I believe my friend's husband was in management.
    thanks,
    Matt

Thanks for the info on the loss prevention. I was thinking about finding a position in in a majot chain doing loss prevention and its good to hear some feedback on how you liked the job. Now I will try my hand at it!

Is there an information packet on training schools. If so how can I receive a packet.

My name is Cheryl Abbott. I am a licensed investigator in Washington State. I am currently working for an agency. I love the job.
    Just because you paid for the ticket, it doesn’t
    mean you have to stay for the second act.

Professional Member of:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Abbott
    My name is Cheryl Abbott. I am a licensed investigator in Washington State. I am currently working for an agency. I love the job.

Hugh,

Which law in VA are you thinking about? I am sure there are some the same and yet many different. I would be happy to discuss whatever law and compare it to the law in VA.

Cheryl

John G - is offline Retired Forum Moderator

Private Investigators Forums
    Sponsored by the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Hey Cheryl. If you give your license details to Agent Relations, they would love to upgrade your user title to "Licensed PI."

Thanks for being part of IPIU.

Thanks Johnny,
    I just passed it on.
    Just because you paid for the ticket, it doesn’t
    mean you have to stay for the second act.

I am lic. Private Detective #8013, please upgrade my status to level 4

Professional Member of:
    Hugh,

Which law in VA are you thinking about? I am sure there are some the same and yet many different. I would be happy to discuss whatever law and compare it to the law in VA.

Cheryl
    I am talking about the law that says that if you were a shopper then you could do investigations (9.1-140, line 9). I have asked people about this line to see if it was still good but I am getting different answers. When I ask people in the agency that talks about these laws they just get angry and hositile to me. I check it out again and the law is still on the books so I assume that it is still good.

Nancy Leathers

I am a licenses PI from RI. Are there any other RI's out there?

Dominic Bolchi is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:

Re: Are you a Licensed Private Investigator?

hi iam a licensed bail fugitive ivestigator please upgrade me to a new leve and i own a p.i. compney in michigan its called paranormal investigations we have a dba licenson.

Petra Post - is offline Retired Administrator
    ***** Certified SPI

Former Insignio Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Bolchi View Post
    hi iam a licensed bail fugitive ivestigator please upgrade me to a new leve and i own a p.i. compney in michigan its called paranormal investigations we have a dba licenson.
    Looks like it's been done

Dominic Bolchi is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:

Hi nancy Leathers iam a a licensed private investigatior in michigan and what's RI if you want to call me at my office heres my number [edited] thanks
    Last edited by Petra Post -; 02-28-2009 at 10:55 AM. Reason: forum rules

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast