Thread: Phoney ATMs

Phoney ATMs

Did anybody catch 60Minutes last sunday. They talked about phoney ATMs and how people are information by stealing your personal info from your bar code on your bank card.
    Very, very interesting. In one case the scammers had a telephoto lens on a camera from behind you stealing you Pin #.
    Every one be SMART and pass the word on. Always be aware of
    surroundings, and be smart about ATM usage.

Thanks Chris for the Info buddy, I well pass it on.

Lightbulb

Chris,

Thanks for the important info, I hadn't heard about this scheme tactic yet until just now. I will gladly pass it on!

Kristen Godot

Thank you I just read about the ATM machines Myself I never go into a bank that has a ATM machine when someone else is in there and if someone does come up around me at all when I am at a ATM machine I can tell you I have been known to stop what I am doing and leave and go to another. Its getting that its not save anywhere these days.

Chris

Thank you for reminding us of the dangers. Please everyone just use ATM"s that are attatched to a bank. Please when you push any buttons, make sure your other hand is covering what you put in to avoid being photographed. Even when you put your pin # in the machine at the grocery store, shield the machine with your other hand so the person behind you can't read what you are entering. The same goes for making a phone call with a credit card.

I use to work for Brinks Inc. and was in charge of replenishing the ATM machines. There is always a camera focased on the person at the machine and in various other areas. It is surprising how many people "mouth" their pin numbers while they were putting them into the machine. It is also unnerving, the amount of people who forget to take their cards with them after the tranactions. They are in such a hurry, they forget. The cards then go into the pouch that I returned to the bank.

In this day and age of computers etc., we have to take so many precautions.

Please play it safe, all of you and pass the info on to your friends.

Karen Kiely

ATM's

Karen

Great input, thanks your comments are very helpfull. Thank you for sharing.

Exclamation getting careless

I am guilty of such carelessness as well. We shouldn't wait for a theft to occur to remind us to use caution when entering pins and credit card information. The naive actions of some support the unscrupulous actions of others. Heed notice and let us not be among the statistics.

It's a Jungle out there.
    Anthony

Re: ATM's

Originally posted by Chris A Brandt
    Karen

Great input, thanks your comments are very helpfull. Thank you for sharing.

Hey we all ***** up once in a while. Please be safe!

Karen

Chris

I can't beleive they edited my last message. Do you know how to put a ***** into a piece of wood? That's it.

OK this is getting absurd. (sp?)

This is really nuts. I can't believe it . (s)

Re: getting careless

Originally posted by Anthony R. Davis
    I am guilty of such carelessness as well. We shouldn't wait for a theft to occur to remind us to use caution when entering pins and credit card information. The naive actions of some support the unscrupulous actions of others. Heed notice and let us not be among the statistics.

It's a Jungle out there.
    Anthony

Just as long as you and your friends are safe.

Please be safe.

Karen

as much as I try to be careful in what ever I do I guess at the same time whats the difference anyway? If someone wants to get any information on you it can cost as little as FREE or 29.99.

we can be as careful as we can and with the computer and people selling our names and everything else for a $1.00 then what can we do?
    I am on a NO call List and thats getting to be a joke too.
    also I try and and try never to give my phone number out when I am trying to get some information and the forums will not go through unless I have a phone number. so whats a person to do?
    all I know is there is to much information out there for anyone to get and it needs to Stop

Much needed reminder

No matter how much we think we are aware of our surroundings, we can never be reminded enough as to the dangers and pitfalls of the electronic age. Sometimes it's really hard to keep in mind how many dishonest people can be within our close proximity while we go through day to day activities. This is great advice that I appreciate hearing over and over again.
    Thank You;
    John D. Tremblay
    John D. Tremblay
    Private Investigator Trainee

I know just what you are saying John