Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Celebrity Private Investigator heads to prison.

Exclamation Fact or Fiction?

Quote Originally Posted by Yolanda Quizhpi
    Hello Jolene Devries,

Many juveniles today, are probably the ones that are filling the court systems, more faster than an adult. I, for one would like to see a census done, on the juvenile system, and see why many are there in the first place, many do lack the necessary parenthood, most were probably born out of weblock. This are the children that deserve a second chance.

They will learn bad habits from others that could care less one way or another, they know they are there for life.

We as investigators are the gatherer of facts and not of our own opinion or hearsay.
    The facts speak for themselves.
    The facts though, according to a variety of experts who have written volumous books on criminology and the criminal mind, do not support this view.

When I first arrived at IPIU, I had little to no knowledge of criminolgy. Spurrred on by my association with IPIU and the credentials of accomplished investigators including the esteemed John Grogan to name just one, led me to my local library.

I did a subject search on "Criminlogy" and went to the section of the non-fiction books where any and all books related to this were located. I checked out at least 8 books on the subject, and began my self-study.

Unfortunately the experts do not support this view of bad parenting and illegitamacy spawning criminals. What I surmised is that this particular justification of criminal activity in young people is both unfounded, widespread, as well as erroneous.

To say that we as investigators are gathers of facts, and not of our own opinion and heresay, but to not support the gathering of facts by a solid understanding of the subject matter will only result in an ineffectual and partial gathering of facts due to an inability to ask the right questions.

Even if one cannot afford a college education in criminal justice, there is no reason why one can not access relevant information and establish self education by putting out the extra effort to become an expert.

As I have said before, go the extra mile and do your homework. IPIU is a great starting place and what you put into it, you will get out of it. Half measures will result in half results. Do your homework and be all you can be. Life and IPIU are all about learning. Be prepared by preparing. There is much to gathered and IPIU is only a starting point in stimulating the desire to become a professional. It is work, but it works.

I wish all of you, all the best in your new endeavors. Just remember that successful Private Investigators are well armed with knowledge and fact, and that is the single denominator which will either make or break you and I.
    Dabra J Grant "DJ"
    "Knowledge is Power." Francis Bacon

Too many questions left unanswered. It is absolutely a good thing he is uphlding the client confidentiallity theing. But, the article, as one sided as it may seem, does indicate questionable business practices and character. However, like I said....too many questions. I don't know anything about this guy but it sounds like some of his practices and techniques should be looked at a bit.....

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Hennessey
    but I can't think of too many times off the top of my head that I would need to use hand granades and military explosives!!!
    Come on Chris! Don't tell me you've never had pans in your kitchen with baked on grime? Toilet bowl or bathtub that ordinary cleaners didn't work on? I can think of a dozen reasons to use explosives. I just don't, because they create an even bigger mess. (Not to mention....legal problems)

On a more serious note, the link posted by John is an excellent source of insight into Pellicano's character. All things considered, it makes you wonder if his stand on confidentiality is really an issue of ethics or self-preservation.
    Wendy Brown

What was the outcome on this article? I respect him to a point, but if the shoe was on the other foot, would the same ones he is protecting do the same for him?

I commend him on keeping the confidentiality of the client, but the law is the law. He was sworn to uphold it and he didn't.

Patti

Great story with allot of unanswered questions. I'm happy to hear that the PI is keeping his clients confidentiality.

Thanks for sharing,

Katrina

Tammy Rose is offline Moderator (On Leave of Absence)

Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum
    That was a great story. Now are there any job openings to those stars he helped? lol

TJ

I really enjoyed the article but a feeling that a lot is missing with more questions.

Ms Minta Thomson is offline *** Certified SPI

Retired Moderator - Private Investigators Forum
    Professional Management Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Thumbs up Great Thread....

Not sure where to start doing a cut and paste ?? so I did the whole thing haha

THis is a great example of how older cases --can still be a great study.....and jumping off point to investigate current changes in the laws, current repercussions for those involved and find out if there are people out there-->just not satisfied with the answers.........

Minta

Wire tapping

It says in the article that he also had "illegal wiretaps." What makes it illegal. I thought that it was illegal to use it as evidence against someone in court. What if you record someone as proof in a domestic case to show the spouse employing you that their significant other is cheating on them. Is that illegal?

Unhappy Doh

Let me be the first to correct myself and say that I misunderstood the article about the wire taps. It doesn't say that they were illegal. My question about them still stands though.

This story tends to leave me leaning towards the guy being guilty(I know innocent until proven guilty) but explosives? And to think I was just wanting to know if a P.I. needed to be able to carry a concealed weapon by that I mean a handgun. HaHa Don't think I would would want to train with this guy!

says alot about him, keep his client confidentiality. Too bad he has to serve time but at least it not to long. Good guy, and one of the things I believe it takes to be a good PI.

Wow another one serving his justice I'am quiet sure that the celebrities that he work for will look out for him when he does his time. He must not have been a bad guy other wise he would have really been all over the news we should have been had this kind of detective work so that we could have prevented 9/11.

One good thing (confidentiality) doesn't negate or cover all the bad things. None of us knows all the details but on the surface most of us can properly judge that his own decisions and actions have lead to his downfall. If a doctor or lawyer breaks the law does he/she retain their licenses? Or does ones actions violate or revokes their "agreements" ?

There is a lot to learn from this.

RT

You know what Ralston I have to agree with you on that because that is totally true. They have so many people cover with doctors and lawyers it is rediculous so now whan this man is release from prision he can not go work for anyone man where is the justice? we never know when a doctor perfoms surgery if he screwed up.[QUOTE]

Thanks Theresa,

We need to take responsibility for what we do. Have you seen the movie "Good Fellas"?They congratulated a young Henry Hill for not squealing on his people.Later in life when he felt his life was threatened,he did what? He SQUEALED!!!

Just a thought.

RT

0000 You took the word's right out of my mouth. I was just letting my son watch that movie an that is so true. We have to all reep what we sow when we do wrong.

sorry about the curse word please don't fire me

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Greiner
    I do respect the part about keeping confidentiality between the client, but we got to understand one thing he broke the law a PI is supposed to uphold the law. But again a Catholic Preist is also supposed to keep confidentiality also when it comes to confessions. But if he whats to take the blame and the fall for the whole thing there is nothing no one can do about it. So I don't know what to thank.
    It was very honest of him to admit to his wrong doing. I dont' why someone would put their career on the line by concealing military firearms.
    And i'm not that surprised about allegations of Steven Seagal being apart of some mob.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2