For The Private Investigators Forum Website:
The Private Investigators Forum Website, sponsored by the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU), has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy. This Privacy Statement discloses the privacy practices for this site, www.ipiu.org and www.ipiu.org/forums .
- We do not rent our mailing list to 3rd parties.
- Our Online Forum Registration Application (see the item at the top of this page titled REGISTER) requires applicants to prove they are an Adult through the use of their Driver's License. All information provided to us is secured and not available to the general public. The information is also protected under all local and federal laws.
- Undercover investigators and others who wish not to use the online registration method may request a forum registration alias User Name and Password by sending an email with their full contact details through the CONTACT US link at the bottom of any forum page.
Or, go here:
(Other guests who have unusual names may also request an alias User Name to be assigned to further protect their identity).
- We only send email and postal mail to those who have elected to receive it from us by virtue of their original application and consent.
- You can opt-out of receiving our weekly or monthly notices by canceling your Private Investigator Forum privileges altogether. Simply send an email through the CONTACT US link at the bottom of any forum page.
- SPAM is defined as Unsolicited e-mail, sent indiscriminately to multiple mailing lists, individuals, or newsgroups. Further definition defines SPAM as causing an individual or newsgroup to be flooded with irrelevant or inappropriate messages, especially used when the email addresses have been culled from network traffic or databases without the consent of the recipients. Therefore, consent is different than unsolicited.
- APPROPRIATE email content rules: Defined by: "If what you intend to email will not make a positive contribution to the recipients at large and be of interest to several readers, then don't email it!"
- This site and it's sponsors only send email that is based on the personal application criteria of each forum member subscriber who has subscribed to an account through a double-email opt-IN application. All forum members in their original online application agreed (known as opt-in) to receive our weekly or bi-weekly or monthly email announcements as they occur. Therefore, these email announcements are not to be considered SPAM. If a forum member wishes to cancel our emails, simple request a cancellation of your Private Investigators Forum account by sending an email to the CONTACT US link at the bottom of any page.
- If we find that any account with us is being used for the purpose of sending spam, we take action to shut it down as soon as possible.
- Domain name registration information legally has to be available to the public. Since domain name registration information is available to the public, anyone can access it through "whois" searches. The Whois database is a publicly accessible database that lists the domain name and contact information of each registrant. The domain name registration you provide is hosted by us to the public. At times our members may have been included within searches of the whois database. However, the spam they receive does not in anyway come from IPIU.
- We will never give any information about you to others without your express permission. Our site uses forms in which you give us contact information (including your name, address, and email address) so you can place orders, request information and support, and make service and product suggestions. We use your member information only when it will be important for us to contact you regarding functionality changes to our service and products, our web site, new IPIU services, and special offers we think you'll find valuable. If you would rather not receive this information, please see the "Updating Your Information" section below on how to change your preferences.
- We use information gathered about you from our site statistics (for example your IP address) to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Web site. We also gather broad demographic information from this data to help us improve our site and make your browsing and participation experience more enjoyable. This is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
- This site also contains links to other sites. Unfortunately, IPIU and this site is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other Web sites.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Please view our Secure Ordering page for further details.
Updating Your Information:
As a member of IPIU, you may alter your member information or opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners at any time. We have the following options for changing and modifying your customer information.
- You may send an email by clicking here:
- You may call our office phone at 406-534-0251
- You may send mail to IPIU at the following international postal address:
International Private Investigators Union
Post Office Box 1172
Bigfork, MT 59911-1172
- Or you may fax us at 775-997-0432
We use emails to communicate with you, to confirm your emails sent to us, placed orders, and to send information that you have requested. We also provide email links, as on our Contact IPIU page, to allow you to contact us directly. We strive to promptly reply to your messages.
The information you send to us may be stored and used to improve this site and our service and products, or it may be reviewed and discarded. However, your information will only be shared with third parties with your explicit permission.
Only If We Have To -
As stated previously in this policy, we will never give out your information without your permission. The only exceptions to this are, when we are required by law, in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the edicts of the law, or we must comply with a legal process served on our web site.
Changes In Our Practices:
If we change our information handling practices or other privacy aspects, we will post those changes on this privacy statement, at least 30 days prior to their implementation. We will also notify you directly via email.
We use a credit card processing company to bill users for memberships, goods, and services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes.
Contacting the Web Site:
If you have any questions about our privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact:
International Private Investigators Union
Post Office Box 1172
Bigfork, MT 59911-1172
Contact Email Link
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to serving you.
All Forum Member Opinions and Comments should not be construed as Licensed Advice. For additional terms, go to the following link:
Discussion Forum Information Automatically Logged
We log IP addresses to discourage users from registering under false identities and for multiple accounts in the forums. We also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Web site.
Optional Online Discussion Forum Registration Application:
Our site's Optional Registration Application requires Forum Members to give us contact and identification information, including their email address. We use this data to tailor the Forum Member's experience at our site, showing them content we think they might be interested in, and displaying the content according to their preferences. The Forum Memberís contact information is also used to contact the member when necessary. Forum Members may also opt-out of receiving future mailings (see the choice/opt-out section below). Unique identifiers (such as first and last name) are collected from Web site visitors to verify the Forum Member's identity.
Contact information from the Optional Registration Application is also used to contact Forum Members whenever there has been a problem with some material they have posted, or if they have violated the forum rules.
We offer IPIU Union Members optional free agency assignment referrals and opportunities on our site in which we ask them for contact information (such as their email address).
Contact information from the optional agency assignment referrals is used to notify the investigator member of additional updates from the agencies.
This site contains links to other sites. The Private Investigators Forum, sponsored by the International Private Investigators Union (IPIU), is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites.
Optional Discussion Forums
This site provides optional forums, message boards, news groups, and chat rooms to its members. Although our posted Forum Rules forbid any forum information from being displayed outside of our private forums, please remember that any information disclosed in these areas may become public information through no fault of our own, and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. Questions or inquiries regarding an IPIU member's personal file, progress, and assignments should only be conducted through direct private contact with Agent Relations or via email. Our contact information is posted on our home page at http://www.ipiu.org/
We use third-party advertising companies to serve our ads on the Internet. These third-party advertising companies employ cookie and 1x1 pixel .gif technology to measure and improve the effectiveness of ads for their clients. To do so, these companies may use anonymous information about your visits to our Web site and other Web sites. This information can include: date/time of banner ad shown, the banner ad that was shown, their cookie, the IP address. This information can also be used for online preference marketing purposes.
If you want to prevent a third-party advertiser from setting and/or reading cookies on your computer, you may either visit each ad network's web site individually and opt out. Or, visit the NAI Gateway Opt-Out Website directly to opt-out of all network advertising cookies. Click Here: NAI Opt-Out Link . The NAI site will also allow you to review the third-party advertising companies' privacy policies.
Our site provides all users the opportunity to have their membership and email address removed from our records. To request removal of your privileges please send an email with your User Name and the email address you registered with by clicking here: CONTACT US link
This site gives Forum Members an option for changing, modifying, or updating their User Name, Password, and Profile information previously provided. Go to the top of this page and click on the item titled USER CP to access your personal User Control Panel.
We are not responsible when information that otherwise would be private becomes public due to software errors, security flaws, or external attacks. We will never voluntarily disclose any information about any visitor to this site. However, computer networks are inherently insecure and each user needs to take all precautions necessary to protect his or her own privacy. These precautions range from the use of proxy email boxes (such as www.yahoo.com), proxy servers, encryption software, and the selection of an Internet service provider.
Use of the Private Investigators Forum website is undertaken strictly at the user's own risk.
For more information about Internet security, please follow these link:
CLICK HERE FOR: The Electronic Frontier Foundation
Contacting the Web Site
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your participation with this Web site, you can contact us at the following ink:
To choose the option to register as a Forum Member,
Click Here: Register Link
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form or Access your Private Forum.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or Assigned Password.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
; To personalize your experience
(your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
; To improve our website
(we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
; To improve customer service
(your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
; To process transactionsYour information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
; To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
; To send periodic emailsThe email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to?keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will be kept on file for more than 60 days in order to maintain required fraud protection records .
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone or by contacting customer service.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into their control panel and going to the 'My Profile' page. They may also privately email email@example.com
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Private Email to IPIU
Both IPIU and you agree not to share the contents of any private email correspondence without written consent.
Private Personal Forum
Both IPIU and you agree that a private forum between you, IPIU, and other designated members you agree to participate in - will not to share the contents of forum discussions without prior written consent.
Office of the President Forum
Both IPIU and you agree not to share the contents of of the Office of the President Forum without written consent. The Office of the President Forum is to be accessed only by IPIU and the president of a corporation and no other parties. A shared private forum can be requested for multiple members agreeing to participate (see "Private Personal Forum"
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?2914
PO Box 1172
Bigfork, MT 59911
PRIVACY STATEMENT FOR:
The International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
- IPIU does not provide any restricted services without a prior written and signed *release by the union member or prospective member.
- IPIU does not issue the union's Private Investigators Photo Credentials without a prior written and signed CRR (Criminal Records Registration) *Release Authorization by the prospective applicant or union member. The CRR information may be verified by third-party licensed vendors who require a prior written and signed release before the submitted request can be verified.
- A mailed in IPIU application or memberís Criminal Records Registration application, Code of Ethics, Case Examiner Application, and all other items remain the property of IPIU, and are securely archived to prevent theft or misuse as required by all provinces, state, and federal statutes.
- Personal information is never provided to outside sources for any reason except as specified in the prior specific written and signed consent by the applicant or prospective member.
- In the event the applicant or member has an open legal and/or law enforcement issue, the applicant/member's file may be released to an authorized court upon execution of a valid order.
- All personal information provided to IPIU is protected under all provincial, state, and federal statutes and will not be used, resold, rented, or otherwise compromised to sales, promotion, or marketing organizations, which includes contractors, agents, affiliates, or mirror enterprises which IPIU or any of it's principles may have a vested or financial interest in.
*Release: Original Signed Releases and Agreements are safeguarded to provide legal proof of the signed release, and to prevent potential theft. They are maintained under federal guidelines for a period of seven (7) years, at which time they are subject to safe destruction by a licensed vendor.