Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to Avoid Getting Lost Here!

Charles Blount - is offline Licensed Private Investigator
    Private Investigator Forum Member

Union Member of International Private Investigators Union

Re: How to Avoid Getting Lost Here!

Yes! I agree wholeheartedly. It's like a maze I try to stick with one site and for whatever the reason, I find myself off into another direction. Reading other interesting sites and when I try to get back to where I left off, I'm bewildered. Maybe I'll do the list thing...

Robert;
    Thank you for the information. Being new here I can use all the help I can get. Navigating the various forums will require time and practice and like any skill the more you practice the better you become. Thanks again.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge A Rodriguez View Post
    Thanks everybody,

My problem is not that I get lost, but I get easily side-tracked. I go into a certain forum that interests me, then I see something equally as interesting that distracts me from my original search. Anyway, I think I just have to learn to focus on one topic at a time.
    I agree with you on this point.

Marsha

David Turner - is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

2008 - 2009 Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Does anyone know if there's a way to mark the posts and threads that have been read?

Monalisa Miguel is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

2015 Member of:

Quote Originally Posted by David Turner View Post
    Does anyone know if there's a way to mark the posts and threads that have been read?

Hi David, the only way for the Unread Posts to change to Read Posts is to mouse click on the post (or topic).

You can also send email alerts to the post you have participated in, please see post 1.

http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=13656

Still a little lost, I keep getting the "you do not have access..." message.

Donna Reagan is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Licensed Private Investigator
    DHS Certified

Quote Originally Posted by Shawna McSpadden View Post
    Still a little lost, I keep getting the "you do not have access..." message.
    Hello Shawna,

Right now you have Level 1 access, which is good for about 22 forums you have access to.

Please read the following:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...d=1#post480753

Donna

Donna Reagan
    Licensed Private Investigator
    DHS Certified

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    Official BBB Accreditation Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 32nd Year Serving 48,373 Members

CONTACT LINK HERE TO JOIN IPIU

Ramona Rue- is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:

tutor email does not work

Ramona Rue- is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:

Hi, I just passed my test last week, and I am having major problems getting around the system,I am totally very confused and don't what I am really doing,and how to really apply for a job and the eg. and replies I am getting back is making no sense to me, i am looking al over for messages and I am completely lost, very lost how to move around the system, seems like whenever I do that I end up in another paragrapy and get lost again. Please help me here, I do wish you had a coach or someone who can walk you through, and how to apply to some of the assignments. Thanks

Ramona

Petra Post - is offline Retired Administrator
    ***** Certified SPI

Former Insignio Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Ramona Rue View Post
    Hi, I just passed my test last week, and I am having major problems getting around the system,I am totally very confused and don't what I am really doing,and how to really apply for a job and the eg. and replies I am getting back is making no sense to me, i am looking al over for messages and I am completely lost, very lost how to move around the system, seems like whenever I do that I end up in another paragrapy and get lost again. Please help me here, I do wish you had a coach or someone who can walk you through, and how to apply to some of the assignments. Thanks

Ramona
    Ramona,

You're already doing the best thing you can do, to get to know the forums better. The more you browse around, and also post some yourself (as you are already doing), the easier it will get. We all have been there at one time.

Every time you post in a particular topic, the system is set to 'automatically' send an email notification to you, when someone else posts in that topic after you. Then you want to click on that link in your email, to see if someone posted an answer for you (in case you've asked a question). At one point, you can learn how to 'unclick' for instant email notification and you won't get emails then (for a particular topic where you posted)... I would suggest against that for now though (unless it's the COE topic), so you will get notified and you won't miss any 'training' answers...

If you have no background in PI work, I would also suggest against applying any place unless you got yourself some experience. Our forums can and will help you get that experience, if you get involved. The software we are using, is used world wide in many areas, ergo, if you do well here (and don't let yourself get frustrated), you'll do well in other forums also.

One of the best advices I can give you, use your 'go advanced' button before submitting your posts. Read over what you have written before posting it, to see if there are any mistakes. Many agency owners will look around in the forums, to see how professional someone 'acts' or 'posts' before possibly giving or offering a job. We also have a free spell check you can download.

Be patient, it will come to you soon. Just keep on posting and browsing and you'll get there before you know it

BTW... the coaching is going on and it's going on right here. For FAP jobs (like this weekend), I will talk to you about some of the 'needs' but first you have to do your reading on it or it makes no sense for me to talk to you about any of it. It would only confuse you more then. Make sure you will post in the proper area (no shop talk in public forum).

Good luck and I'll talk to you soon.

Jeffrey Barbieri - is offline ***

Professional Management Member of:

How do I know what level of membership I have? I see some of these postings are very old as well.

Jeffrey Barbieri - is offline ***

Professional Management Member of:

I'm actually trying to figure out what to study for this test? Is it the Detective.pdf that I downloaded. Is that what the test will be from? Anyone? (thanks)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Barbieri View Post
    How do I know what level of membership I have? I see some of these postings are very old as well.
    Jeffrey, please ask this question in your official topic titled "Jeffrey Barbieri" in the following link:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?38846

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Barbieri View Post
    I'm actually trying to figure out what to study for this test? Is it the Detective.pdf that I downloaded. Is that what the test will be from? Anyone? (thanks)
    Jeffrey, please ask this question in your official topic titled "Jeffrey Barbieri" in the following link:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?38846

Also, SAVE the above link in your Favorites of Bookmarks.

Thank you.
    Judy Carter
    Agent Relations - IPIU

START WITH TRUST
    When you see the Better Business Bureau Seal, it means the
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU) has agreed to:

TELL THE TRUTH, KEEP ITS PROMISES, BE RESPONSIVE
    www.ipiu.org | IPIU Web Store
    BBB A+ Rating Link | Contact IPIU
    Founded in 1989 - Celebrating our 28th Year Serving 47,932 Members
    CALL IPIU TODAY TO JOIN: 406-534-0251

What I found to be useful for me so that I don't get lost on here is make a list of the threads that I have visited and commented on so that I do not repeat it. I have also made a list of threads that other have suggested or talked on so that I can go there as time progresses. It makes it easier to find the threads and saves me time from having to search for them.
    In time, I am sure that I may not need the list to help me but for the time being, it is a great tool to keep me focused.

Re: I'm so Lost

I feel your pain. I'm glad to know that I'm not alone. Unfortunately, I don't have any useful information to offer, but I'm sure if you keep surfing- you will find your answers. There's so much information here. I guess that's why it is so overwhelming to many of us. Good luck with your journey.

Rhoni Lahn is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of: International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

I'm glad I am not the only one who was very over whelmed with the shear volume of information on this website. It took me a few tries to figure out that the document or item I was after was usually the first posting and everything after were comments or suggestions. If I got lucky, then someone along the way would re-post the hyperlink.

Whew! Finally getting the hang of this!
    Rhoni

Jacob Hall is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

2014-2015 Corporate Agency Member of:

I am glad to see that I am not the only "child in this candy store". I am constantly looking around and finding useful information that expands my knowledge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2