Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SUGGESTION BOX: Post any ideas here!

Eloisa Mooney is offline Certified

Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum
    Suggestion:

Make you "Availability Assignment Form" interactive (Adobe function).

So it can be filled out on line and emailed all in one breath.

Eloisa

Michael Vincent Tang Guest
    An "Edit Post" button would be very useful here on the forum. Unless of course I'm missing something, and it already exists.

B Ann Craig - is offline Administrative Forum Trainer

Sr. Certified Distinguished Member:
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Vincent Tang
    An "Edit Post" button would be very useful here on the forum. Unless of course I'm missing something, and it already exists.
    Michael, there is an Edit button at the bottom, right of every post. One button says Quote, and the other one says Edit. The image of the buttom is below.

You may not be able to edit your posts yet, or maybe you just haven't seen it before. I hope this will help. Good luck in all you do.

Have a wonderful week. Take care.

Michael Vincent Tang Guest
    Ahh thanks for the response... I see it now. It didn't exist until today (and i'm not blind either!). I think it had something to do with my registration process.

Quote Originally Posted by Eloisa Mooney
    Suggestion:

Make you "Availability Assignment Form" interactive (Adobe function).

So it can be filled out on line and emailed all in one breath.

Eloisa
    Of all the suggestions I have read this is my favorite. In my previous life (career), I specialized in improving work flow and decreasing process time. I can truly appreciate Eloisa's suggestion. Online forms are a big plus!!

Cheryl Hays

Hello:

I have read several comments regarding some of the forum members wanting to have the capability of viewing other member profiles as we were once able to do.

Please read below:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Les Reid
    the ability of members to access the public profiles of other members, while although not crucial it assists members in determing the skills set and common purposes or goals of others.
    Was ther a reason for that change in policy?

I realize that some would prefer not to have their profiles veiwed publicly, fine, they do have that option.
    However ther may be members who would like to stay in touch with others for info sharing on a private level.

Any members or staff care to add their views?

Les Reid
    -----------------------------------------------
    Les,

I agree with you. I do miss being able to view the profiles of my fellow IPIU members here in the forum.

It would be nice to have the option where if we wanted our profiles viewable to other members, it would be viewable; and for those who do not want their profile viewable, it would not be viewable.

IPIU, can this be looked into and possibly implemented?

Thanks for allowing us to submit our suggestions for your consideration.

Last edited by Bridgett Brown -; 05-19-2004 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Vincent Tang
    Ahh thanks for the response... I see it now. It didn't exist until today (and i'm not blind either!). I think it had something to do with my registration process.
    Michael, you are very welcome. Now you are on your way.

Eloisa Mooney is offline Certified

Distinguished Member:

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Hays
    Of all the suggestions I have read this is my favorite. In my previous life (career), I specialized in improving work flow and decreasing process time. I can truly appreciate Eloisa's suggestion. Online forms are a big plus!!

Cheryl Hays

Thank you Cheryl,

My previous life was making documents interactive so they could be filled out on line and emailed to the receiving party. Adobe Acrobat has an editor software that walks you right through how to make this happen.

The forms can be revised or changed when needed. You just need to make sure all the cells are made interactive (so they can hold data) everytime you change up the form.

I appreciate your comment.

Hi. My suggestion is to have a spell check built into the posting box instead of having to go to another webpage such as spellcheck.net and copy and paste your text to that site. It would cut down on steps and encourage all members to spell check their work. Thanks.

James,

I like your suggestion of having a spell check. It would be really nice to have a spell check feature within the IPIU forums.

Bridgett,
    One way I got around not having spellcheck here is, I type my message in Outlook, spellcheck there and then cut & paste into the Forum. Works for me and makes it much easier on the reader!

Julie Mercer

This message is directed to the IPIU Marketing Dept. or anybody with a different perspective than mine,

I had my first interview w/ USIS last week, and I was MILDLY shocked with the HR Recruiter's question of "Are you able to work away from home one month at a time, for a minimum of 3 months in any one year?"

Please excuse my forwardness -- how up-to-date are we in terms of understanding the prospective employers' demanding schedules and workload?? My comment is this -- if we can understand their hiring requirements it would save time and energy on both sides with a realistic perspective whether we should apply to this company or not.

Looking ahead, I was wondering if IPIU has done any OUTREACH to insurance companies (for identity fraud) or financial companies (for credit card fraud) for us Newbies?? It's similar to a claims adjuster doing "property damage" reporting and fraud detection at Visa or MasterCard.

Any comment is appreciated and will be welcomed with an open mind and an open heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Yee
    I had my first interview w/ USIS last week, and I was MILDLY shocked with the HR Recruiter's question of "Are you able to work away from home one month at a time, for a minimum of 3 months in any one year?"
    MILDLY shocked? I would be too. How referred you to USIS? What does that stand for? When they were asking that question were they referring to a particular line of investigation?

Julie Mercer

To know someones gender...

Sonny, I am wondering exactly how this information could help you in any way in the forums and discussions?????
    Just trying to understand your perspective.
    Jackie

07 07 04 Congratulations you have a new member on your list As I have been assigned to your group as my trainer and tutor. Looking forward to walking thru the doors of a new career. reguarding to member profile as being public should maybe consult with member at time of request???? Thanks Elmer Branch

Quote Originally Posted by Eloisa Mooney
    Adobe Acrobat has an editor software that walks you right through how to make this happen.
    Do you have this software?

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Yee
    Looking ahead, I was wondering if IPIU has done any OUTREACH to insurance companies (for identity fraud) or financial companies (for credit card fraud) for us Newbies?? It's similar to a claims adjuster doing "property damage" reporting and fraud detection at Visa or MasterCard.
    Along with the others, this suggestion has been added.

Tammy Rose is offline Moderator (On Leave of Absence)

Distinguished Member:

Level Access

I was just wondering if I could make a suggestion here? I have read alot about the accessing of different levels but I was thinking about a better clarification for us newcomers. I was thinking in stead of getting the screen that we get when we don't have a high enough access that maybe you moderators or technical support could outline in the margin what is accessible for level 1,2,3,4 by putting the categories by levels. That way it would clear the way for anyone wanting to read more. That way also we wouldn't have to keep running into the you don't have access or permission screen. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Tammy Ramirez
    I was just wondering if I could make a suggestion here? I have read alot about the accessing of different levels but I was thinking about a better clarification for us newcomers. I was thinking in stead of getting the screen that we get when we don't have a high enough access that maybe you moderators or technical support could outline in the margin what is accessible for level 1,2,3,4 by putting the categories by levels. That way it would clear the way for anyone wanting to read more. That way also we wouldn't have to keep running into the you don't have access or permission screen. Just a thought.
    Ms Tammy, I have merged your post into this SUGGESTION BOX: Post any ideas here! thread. Someone from the office will be able to read your suggestion here, and see if they want to use it. Thank you for your imput. Good luck in all you do.

Have a wonderful weekend. Take care.

How about the "edit" button that was lost for many of us that are "digitally challenged"?

Lisa Frye - is offline Certified SPI
    Licensed Private Investigator

Moderator (On Leave of Absence)
    Sr. Distinguished Union Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Budde
    How about the "edit" button that was lost for many of us that are "digitally challenged"?
    I second the emotion Fred!!

Christmas is coming soon. The EDIT button is #1 on my wish list.

Brenda
    "The climb to the top is arduous and long. People become exhausted, frustrated,
    and disenchanted. They often are tempted to give up. Leaders must encourage
    the heart of their followers to carry on." .....by Kouzes and Posner

Introduction Link In Drop-Down Box On Name

On my wish list...

I would love to have an introduction link added to the drop-down box you get when clicking on a member's name. Using the "Find All Posts" is very helpful, but if the member has a lot of posts, it is hard to find their introduction.

I believe this would cut down on questions asked in other forums that should be asked in the member's intro. And it would definitely be easier to find an intro that is buried in pages and pages of other posts.

Brenda

Brenda, you have a very good suggestion there. Maybe we can get that introduction in the drop down some of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenda Templin
    On my wish list...

I would love to have an introduction link added to the drop-down box you get when clicking on a member's name. Using the "Find All Posts" is very helpful, but if the member has a lot of posts, it is hard to find their introduction.

I believe this would cut down on questions asked in other forums that should be asked in the member's intro. And it would definitely be easier to find an intro that is buried in pages and pages of other posts.

Brenda
    Now that's a really great suggestion

Edward Taguba is offline Certified Distinguished Member
    Private Investigators Forums

Professional Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Brenda,
    This is pretty easy to fine the introduction when doing the above task. It would be the last page really because that would be the 1st or 2nd post someone does when they first join the forum. Hope this hint help.

Aloha,

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Taguba
    Brenda,
    This is pretty easy to fine the introduction when doing the above task. It would be the last page really because that would be the 1st or 2nd post someone does when they first join the forum. Hope this hint help.

Aloha,
    That's what I had thought, but not necessarily. If they are someone else has posted to the introduction after they have done many other posts, it ends up on some page in between.

Brenda

Grrr...I will be SO happy to get #1 on my wish list...the EDIT button. I meant to post another suggestion before hitting submit. And yes..."are" should have been "or". I thought I reread that before sending.

Anyway...#3 on my wish list...

When displaying with "Find All Posts", it pulls up only 500 of a member's most recent posts. I would love to have it pull up "all" posts by that member. Several times I've wanted to read a senior member's intro, but was unable to find it because it was lost in one of the 13 pages or not among the most recent 500.

Another point about my #2 wish (introduction link in the drop-down box)...

Because "Find All Posts" brings up only 13 pages of posts, if a person has posted more than 500 AND no posts have been made to their introduction topic during the time that they posted the last 500, it will not bring their introduction topic up.

Ok...I guess I've hit my limit of 3 Wishes. Thanks for the BEST forum on the internet!!!

Oh! And thanks for listening to the members so that we can help make the best even better!

Brenda

Flora Porter is offline * Certified SPI
    Distinguished Member of Private Investigators Forum

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Hello,

We all can really use the EDIT function.
    Can we have it back??

Flora Porter is offline * Certified SPI
    Distinguished Member of Private Investigators Forum

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Suggestion

Maybe if we had the post number# it will cut down on search through pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Flora Porter
    Hello,

We all can really use the EDIT function.
    Can we have it back??
    Puleeeeeze?

Hi
    I would also like to see the level of a person next to a name. I think it would save people from asking what level they are. Just a suggestion
    Thanks
    Penni

Lisa Frye - is offline Certified SPI
    Licensed Private Investigator

Moderator (On Leave of Absence)
    Sr. Distinguished Union Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Penni Rogers
    Hi
    I would also like to see the level of a person next to a name. I think it would save people from asking what level they are. Just a suggestion
    Thanks
    Penni
    Thats a good suggestion Penni! The upper levels would be more aware of what information they could give or not give to aparticular member asking a question.

Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa Frye
    Thats a good suggestion Penni! The upper levels would be more aware of what information they could give or not give to aparticular member asking a question.

Lisa
    Lisa, the best way to know what information can be given to the members, is just to remember what level forum you are writing your reply in. Only give level 4 replies in the level 4 forum. This way you will not run into any problems. I hope this will help. Good luck in all you do.

Have a wonderful weekend. Take care.

DJ Moran -- is offline Sr. Moderator:
    (On Leave of Absence)

Certified Distinguished Member

Wink Edit

Puleeeeeze?
    Frederick, this is why we can not "edit" at this time, Hopefully it will be fixed soon. "DJ"

http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18700

I agree with the one that suggests that there's a level of privacy for each and every person here!

Anyway...#3 on my wish list...

When displaying with "Find All Posts", it pulls up only 500 of a member's most recent posts. I would love to have it pull up "all" posts by that member. Several times I've wanted to read a senior member's intro, but was unable to find it because it was lost in one of the 13 pages or not among the most recent 500.

Brenda
    I see that when searching all posts by a specific member, it now brings up all...not just the most recent 500. Thank you!

Now...if only I could get those other Christmas wishes!

Hi,
    Following Brenda's cue, I am too late for a Christmas wish, but I think a modification would be easier on-the-eye, namely this page -- http://www.ipiu.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=324 -- by having the Executive Agency's name EMPHASIZED or in BIGGER BOLDER PRINT, or have the Employment Opportunities and Ongoing Investigations and Office of the President "indented" as sub-topics.

I'd suggest that (if possible) we get the website software enabled so that members can take advantage of the "Send a private message" function. I'm not sure what downside there might be, but if it were a matter of members' privacy there's always the option of turning it off in the user control panel. I can think of many instances in which that would be a great benefit. Just my 1.5-cents.

/Jan

Jerome O Isaac-- is offline Sr. Distinguished Member:

2007 Honorary Ambassador of Good Will
    Greetings IPIU, I've seen many members joined IPIU with just a dream, but through lack of funds was unable to continue this wonderful journey.

And, I longed for a number #7 Membership Plan that, would help new members that cant pay all the membership fees all at once. Maybe one with a small downpayment and a contract that wont start until the full fee is payed, sort of like a layaway Plan.

Just a thought. hmmmmmm

Have a happy holiday all.
    JoI

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast