Thread: Snoop in the loop, gets the poop (Female PI leads the pack)

Donna Reagan is offline Administrator
    Private Investigators Forum

Licensed Private Investigator
    DHS Certified

Snoop in the loop, gets the poop (Female PI leads the pack)

Snoop in the loop, gets the poop

Debbie Seiden is a snoop. Says so herself.

She'll dig up the goods on your ex, his exes or, well, whoever the heck you want. For a price. The Miami private investigator has just launched CheckMate. Company motto: Assure your future, check their past.

''You never know,'' says Debbie. But she does. The 49-year-old worked as an investigator with the Miami-Dade County state attorney's office for two decades before going to work for herself.

Your cheapest check can run about $53.50 and covers the basics, including birth date, address and who else lives there. A more detailed search fetches up to $150 and covers everything from their criminal history to their assets.

''I just verify what people claim,'' says Debbie.

And don't claim. Like rap sheets longer than the couple's first date, she says.

''I've found some pretty shady stuff,'' says Debbie. ``Real red flags. People who conveniently forgot to mention they were married.''

Oops.
    Source: http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...al/7112110.htm

Originally stated by Debbie Seiden

"...Real red flags. People who conveniently forgot to mention they were married"
    At the topic "Dirt Digging as a Profession" (General News Forum) Michael Harris launced, very inspired, the "gray zone" of PI .

Considering the present topic, I think Debbie Seiden operates in the lighter area of the gray zone.

snoop

I could really get into this type of work. It sounds fun and exciting!

Thanks
    S. Philbrook

Lightbulb

I would like to know if "the snoop" works from her home (operates her business from her home).

Can you find out it the Missies to be is the right one for me. HA HA HA. I'm glad to see that your hard work is paying of.

Sounds like an exciting use for my naturally inquisitive i.e., nosy, nature.

Donna,
    Get tag line! She cuts to the chase doesn't she? You know what she is all about.
    Julie Mercer

In my opinion, I can see this being a good thing/bad thing.

On one hand, it's good to know who you're getting involved with, especially if you're a woman with young children. You don't want to bring any shady characters into your children's lives.

On the other hand, if you your client's a gold-digger and he/she has no real interest in the person other than what income and assets the other person has, it's scary.

I think if were going to do this, I'd want to know a little about my client before accepting the job.

Just a thought.

Wendy:

Check out the client before checking out the client's assignment? Difficult to determine motive from public records, other than what someone was caught doing in the past. Comes down to one's personnel assesment of the client, no?

Sid Jolly

[QUOTE=Wendy Brown]
    I think if were going to do this, I'd want to know a little about my client before accepting the job.
    QUOTE]

I agree. There does seem to be some ethical dillemas that could arise doing this type of work. You could actually inadvertantly aid someone in a goldigger ****! I would definatley check for red flags in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney J Jolly
    Wendy:

Check out the client before checking out the client's assignment? Difficult to determine motive from public records, other than what someone was caught doing in the past. Comes down to one's personnel assesment of the client, no?

Sid Jolly
    Sid,

Yes, I'd have to agree with that. Thanks for pointing it out.

Wendy

Past behaviour is a good predictor of future behaviour.

Tracy Perez

It does sound exciting ....I have always been good at finding things out . Just a nosy nature i guess ! I can't wait to get start in this and actually have my first assigment of on the job-training .

This field really sounds interesting and I would like to learn more about it. You just have to be careful it could turn around on you to. Just let your first instinct kind of guide you.

Sounds like a very interesting line of work. Just make sure you have your back covered.

Patti

You just never know what people are up to. In some cases I would check for red flags.

Ms Minta Thomson is offline *** Certified SPI

Retired Moderator - Private Investigators Forum
    Professional Management Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Thumbs up This isnt just for "date info"...

Many organizations which will be investing large sums in new employees for training,credentials, and insurance will contract out to this type of PI firm to ensure the information on an applicants resume and the tidbits communicated during the interview are valid.

Some of these orgs. pay big bucks to "in-house" fact-finders if the nature of the position is confidential. If this type of work interests you.....there are jobs out there.

Minta

I would be very interested in this! Does anyone use an alias when doing this kind of work to protect their own identity? The investigated could also be vindictive.

There is a wealth of information on people if you know the spots to go to and you do not have to invoke the freedom of information act to access any of them to complete your investigation.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Vaughn
    I would be very interested in this! Does anyone use an alias when doing this kind of work to protect their own identity? The investigated could also be vindictive.
    Interesting, Dixie. Frankly, I'd never considered that aspect. For the most part, the investigated wouldn't know which of the many sources put the nail into his/her coffin. Most background checks use a variety of sources; it's just too big a job for one individual (if it's done properly).

Thank you for your responses. I'm very excited about this kind of work, but I have someone who needs reassurance that it can be a safe career.

Smile

Thank you for your responses. I'm very excited about this kind of work, but I have someone who needs reassurance that it can be a safe career.
    Dixie;
    Boyfriend or husband?

Very intuitive and got a big chuckle! Husband.

Wink

Very intuitive and got a big chuckle! Husband.
    Dixie;
    Like any career, you can always turn down an assignment you don't feel comfortable with. Be sure and tell that to hubby!