Thread: International IPIU Convention

Networking Conventions for PI's

Are there any networking conventions or dinner affairs for PI's and associates to gather and meet on occassions? It would be nice to actually have an affair for PI's and associates and get to match the face with a name. I think it would be good for all of us.

What do you guys think?

I would like to know as well.

Excellent idea, Meronda

I would be delighted if the first convention would be in California.

Hi everyone, this would be a great thing to happen. It seems we would have to have a few different ones at different locations throughout the country. As much as I enjoy California, it would be difficult to make the time for that. Looking forward to more info on this thread.

Cherie L. Bruni - Michigan

It would be nice if there were some sort of job fair around that we could go to. But every job fair that I can remember attending, did not have anything in regards on how to become a PI. I would love to attend a convention that could be held somewhere and we could all meet. How exciting that concept is.
    Kisha Drill
    Badge Number 6988

Meronda,

The following link to a discussion about the IPIU convention that is planned for 2004 in California. I don't have anymore info on it than that- I believe they'll keep us posted via the forums and e-mail.

http://ipiu.org/forums/showthread.ph...ght=convention

The Northeast Super Conference was held in October.

As far as networking opportunities, you could check out state associations. They usually hold meetings and get-togethers for members.

I pulled the following Pennsylvania URL from the NESC site.

Pennsylvania Association of Licensed Investigators

Unfortunately I don't have any first-hand experience with conferences or state meetings as I'm new to the field as well. But, I thought that I'd at least share some of my research with you.

Good luck.

Kristen,

Welcome at IPIU Forums

As a new member you are surprisingly well informed. Congratulations.

It seems that my comment posted on Oct.30, 03 was a premonition, wasn't it?

Dragos,

Thanks for the kind words.

I guess it was a premonition. You're one of the lucky ones who won't have to travel that far for the convention. It'll be a little tougher coming from the east coast.

Best of luck,
    Kristen

Kristen,

I intend to attend the convention. It will be a pleasure, put into shade only by the possibility of not meeting some people of IPIU Forums that I consider already friends. Amazing friends, yet never seen, from this amazing environment of
    IPIU.

I wish you success. Your postings are growing and this is one of this kingdom's keys. I am sure (reading your posts) you have the other keys too.

Good Luck.

Thumbs up Networking

Hello Everyone,

I am so excited to hear that a Conference is being scheduled for 2004 in California. That will be a hop, skip, and a jump away from my Arizona stomping grounds. Can't wait to hear some more info on this so I can plan to attend. Hope to see ya there!

Kristen Godot

Conference

Hey! I am excited about the prospect of an IPIU conference, even if it's in CA. Hopefully there will be "breakouts" for hot topics which will give us foundation information. I have much experience in building tradeshows and conventions, if anyone would need my help! Update us please. Thanks!
    My best,
    Val
    Badge #6860

Endless Possibilites -
    Unlimited Potential
    /cpr

Thats great to hear that IPIU has a Convention 2004, Kristen I tryed to get into that fourm you provide but I am only at level 1, so level 1 must not be aloud to read that info. But I well soon, I just turn in my Photos,Fingerprints,Paper work,etc. But thanks for the info!

Will there ever be a convention in Las Vegas or the mid west?

I am very interested in the convention for 2004. I think it would be awesome to finally meet our fellow members face to face!

Hopefully, my schedule will allow me to attend!

Have a great weekend!

Frank Shields

Frank

DITTO ! I, too, would love to meet some of the smiles that we exchange with on these forums. What a delight that would be. And can you imagine how many hours you could actually network during this event...wow!

My best,
    Val
    Badge #6860

Endless Possibilites -
    Unlimited Potential
    /cpr

Thumbs up

Networking! Valerie, I couldn't have said it any better myself! That would be the ultimate networking opportunity for all of us. Hope they really do get this planned and scheduled for this year!
    Kristen Godot Badge #6931

Kristen

Hey, I'm staying tuned to this forum for more info on the convention...I'm holding my date planner in limbo!
    I expect to see you there!
    Val
    Badge #6860

Endless Possibilites -
    Unlimited Potential
    /cpr

Talking

Hey Val,

You know I'll definately be there in a heartbeat! Can't wait to see ya there!
    Kristen Godot Badge #6931

It would be great if there were something like that in Las Vegas....I live in Henderson which is right "up the road a piece"!

Anthony Bonner is offline Private Investigator Forum Member

Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    It would not matter to me where it was held....i would make it my business to be there.I'm very excited about my career in this field,and look forward to networking with you all.

Convention in CA

I tryed to get into that fourm you provide but I am only at level 1, so level 1 must not be aloud to read that info.
    I have turned in my Fingerprint card, Photos, Paper work, ect. But I have not yet been raised to a Level, to be able to find out where it is going to be held at in CA. Maybe some one can post the dates, time, and place, for us who are still in Level 1, who would like to attend. How about it?
    Bill Van Meter
    Badge # 10038

Petra Post - is offline Retired Administrator
    ***** Certified SPI

Former Insignio Distinguished Member:
    Private Investigators Forum
    yiepphiiieee... convention, here we come...lol
    I would love to make it to a IPIU convention, no matter where it is... We travel a lot anyhow. I will keep my (trainee) Peyes and ears open for the date.

Guess I'm glad to hear that no date has been set for the convention. Hopefully those of us who are not at Level 4 will be allowed to attend as well. Of course, if no date has been set yet, maybe I will be at Level 4 by convention.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragos Sfinteanu
    Excellent idea, Meronda

I would be delighted if the first convention would be in California.
    I concur Dragos.

It would be an excellent way to network with other PI's, especially those in my local area. Hope one is set to go in 2005 and I can manage to attend!

Flora Porter is offline * Certified SPI
    Distinguished Member of Private Investigators Forum

Member of International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    International IPIU Convention,

I will attend once the date and time is set.

This is good news. Keep us posted to where and when?

PI FPorter

That is an excellent idea to get together at one location. I believe this would allow members to get one on one feedback on the different areas of Private Investigations. Goodness, maybe the next one could be in Texas???

Question Convention Reality!!!

Fellow PI's,

What would be the cost to host such an event put on by IPIU and labor hours to organize such a gathering for all to come? If the IPIU ever was to put together a convention of sorts I would be one of the first to sign up.

However, keeping in mind how much time and cost it might take to really put together a quality convention, makes me wonder if it would be conventional enough to organize.

I look foreward to the reality of one day hearing of such an event offered to IPIU members who wish to go to what I feel would be a remarkable time to net work.

Vince,

Meeting in Arizona?

HI,

I was wondering if people are meeting in their areas yet to get to know each other before the convention. If so, I live in Arizona, and would love to attend a meeting

I would love to meet the people here, and gain wonderful friendships with people who do the same thing as me!

Let me know!

Sincerely, Sarah Crandell

I belong to some non-PI organizations that have regional(several state affliations) an annual national convention, and a bi-annual international convention. Sounds like a good structure for IPIU.
    Jerry E. Hargrove, PhD
    Badge # 11155

I think this is a great idea! IPIU provides a forum for the newbies (like me) to learn from the old schoolers. It would be great to network face to face exchanging ideas and information. Please don't let this idea die.

Re: International IPIU Convention

I concur! I am eager to put a face behind the name with everyone. I beilieve the convention would not only be a great place to network, but it also could constitute a meeting ground for: continuing education, the latest PI tools, jobs, promotions etc.... This should be done every year!!! Thanks

Joy Gambrell - is offline Certified SPI
    Private Investigator Forum Member

Professional Management Member of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)

Re: International IPIU Convention

Hello,
    Does anyone have any idea if there is a convention coming up anytime soon. I would love to attend & also maybe I could be able to meet & greet my fellow IPIU members. Any info concerning the next convention would be appreciated. Thanks!