Thread: PA Bounty hunters

PA Bounty hunters

If anyone has any info on PA Bounty Hunter Licenses and/or Laws could you please help me out here?

Talking Bounty Hunting License

Currently there are no required STATE license in PA for BEA!

However you do need training given by the PSPOLICE and HACC.

The ACT is called ACT235 it's a state law. You also need some training in regards to Bounty. GOOD LUCK.

Re: Bounty Hunting License

Welcome, Miguel.

If you are a professional and wish to have your Level 1 Access upgraded to the Bounty Hunters Forum, send an email to bounty@ipiu.org and follow the instructions on the automated return email.

For newcomer instrcutions,
    Click here:
    http://www.ipiu.org/forums/showthrea...&threadid=5008

I was informed for my Act 235, to go to the local target shooting establishment, and see if they offer Act 235 training and test. I am in the process of certification with NABEA (National Association of Bail Enforcement Agents, Inc.), here I will gain knowledge, but will be looking for some hands on experience. PA might not need licensing, but I think it is a good idea to have some book smarts to bounty hunting, in turn, it will keep me sharp!
    Acquiring the Skills to Succeed!

Vincent Sasso
    Badge# 10291
    U.S.M.C
    Private Investigator Case Examiner
    Certified BEA

To receice your Act 235 you may want to try your local community college. I've recently contacted mine and the cost in not so cheap! The weapons unstructors are very demanding of your accuracy as well. You figure, every police officer or armed guard must obtain this act.

Info

If you are in the State of Pennsylvania you will not need any training - but is always good to have, if you are looking for a good way to call your local Bail Bonding Agent in your area.

I am a Police Officer here in Pittsburgh and have worked directly with Liberty Bail Bonds. They have their own teams which are called FRT's (Fugitive Recovery Teams). Call them. They can always use more help and am sure that they will be more then willing to help you out.

If you are not in the Pittsburgh area, do the same in the areas of PA that you are from. Find out which of the closest town or city that you are from and find out which is their most popular Bonding Agent. The reason for this is that they have more clients - which means more skipped clients they'll have for you to track down.

You can also check with your local magistrates. Sometimes in a busy area they can hook you up with their constables or could even make you a deputy.

These are ways into this area, but I highly recommend an ACT 235 class.

Also one last thing - if the Magistrate was to make you a deputy, they will send you to a school.

Hope this helps you out a little bit and good luck. If you have any other questions feel free to ask anytime.