Thread: New Forum Registration Policy

Arrow New Forum Registration Policy

The following is a current copy of the new forum registration page regarding the requirement of a first and last name:

WELCOME TO YOUR FIRST ASSIGNMENT!
    You may spend 2 minutes on this one page to test your skills as a private investigator, and to prove that you know how to follow written instructions!

If you succeed, you will be awarded a special User Name and Password good for over 15 forums. And then later, you will be invited to access several confidential forums where inside strategies, training, and assignments take place.

(If you fail to follow these instructions, your User Name and Password will be deleted by Technical Support)

So please take your time . . . and complete your first assignment perfectly!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You MUST have an Email Address to Proceed:
    After you register, your password will only be activated if you have a valid email address. Make sure your email address is NOT shared by anyone else outside of your immediate family. If you wish to obtain a FREE email address, FIRST go to www.yahoo.com and sign up for your own personal email that we will use to send your password to. Then return to this registration page later to complete your application for a free User Name and password.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FIRST & LAST NAME REQUIRED:
    Because most website forum members are also private investigator members of the International Private Investigators Union, we required you to register using your legal name as it may appear on your identification. Remember, this is a private forum website and your name will not be used for any other purposes by the Private Investigators Forum other than to allow you to participate in the discussions, topics, training, and assignments.
    When choosing your free User Name, please type it as you would on your typewriter (with proper spacing and capitalization), and choose from the following User Name Examples of what to use, and what NOT to use when completing this registration page.

Examples for choosing your Forum "User Name":
    As an example, if your real name were “Stephanie Marie Randall”, you could sign up as:

Stephanie Randall
    Stephanie Marie Randall
    Stephanie M. Randall
    Stephanie M Randall (with no period after the middle initial)
    Ms. Stephanie Marie Randall (Ms. or Mrs. for women, or Mr. for men)
    Ms. Stephanie Marie Randall
    Ms. Stephanie M. Randall
    Ms. Stephanie Randall
    Ms Stephanie Randall (without period after Ms)
    Ms Stephanie M. Randall
    Ms Stephanie M Randall (without the period after Ms or the middle initial)
    Ms Stephanie Marie Randall

If you find someone else is using your name, please send an email to technical@ipiu.org for help. In most cases, you can choose your User Name using a combination of middle name, middle name initial, or the addition or lack of periods.

You may NOT choose a User Name such as:
    stephanie randall (we do not permit all lower case User Names)
    Stephanierandall (we do not permit two names running together)
    STEPHANIE RANDALL (we do not permit all capital letters in a User Name)
    STEPHANIERANDALL (we do not permit two names running together with all caps)
    Stephanie (we always require a last real name)
    M. Randall (we always require a first real name)
    Stephanie Randall386 (we do not permit numbers in User Names)
    Randall (we do not allow last names only)

Nicknames are NOT allowed, such as:
    PrivateEye Fanatic
    GumShoeScott
    MetsFan
    As with the other forum rules, signing up with a real name is very important to us to help keep our board on a personal and professional level. Please respect our request to register with a real first and last name as outlined in the samples above. If you cannot or will not do this, you will not be allowed to post to this forum.

You MAY sign a Nick Name in your individual letters, posts, and replies on the forum each time, or add a nick name to your "signature file" below. (If you need help with the signature file, email our Technical Support and they will get you set up).

Please take the time to read our Forum FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) for answers to most of your questions on the link at the top of each forum page. Or, send an email to tutor@ipiu.org for free tutorial links.

Note: All of the information provided on this page (with the exception of your password) will be viewable by other forum members. Thus, if you don't feel comfortable about completing certain fields, just leave them blank. Or, return later to your personal User Control Panel (User CP located at the top of each forum page) to make any changes you wish to add or delete.

Posted on the Introduction Page/Need Technical Assistance

To Technical Support:

I made a posting on the Introduction forum and received a reply from Kate stating I was not properly registered.

I tried to register again, and the system is telling me my full name is already in use. I used it when I registered the first time, but only my first name us showing up on the page.

Please assist me, I dont want my account to be deleted.

Thanks, Chanelle Stevenson

Re: Posted on the Introduction Page/Need Technical Assistance

Originally posted by Chanelle Stevenson
    To Technical Support:

I made a posting on the Introduction forum and received a reply from Kate stating I was not properly registered.

I tried to register again, and the system is telling me my full name is already in use. I used it when I registered the first time, but only my first name us showing up on the page.

Please assist me, I dont want my account to be deleted.

Thanks, Chanelle Stevenson
    Hi Chanelle,

I added your last name to your User Name - which is now Chanelle Stevenson. Your password is the same.

Michael Harris is offline Lifetime Professional Management Member

Distinguished Insignio Colleague of:
    International Private Investigators Union (IPIU)
    Chanelle Stevenson,

I, too, am new to this and it is confusing. Take heart, you will get the hang of it soon enough.

I think IPIU has grow so quickly that some things are a few days behind what we expect. I have a few questions myself.

Welcome!
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

Thank you Tech Support.

I wish all posts were this clear and unambiguous. Even I got this one the first time through.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

My name is Willona Miller and my signature signs as WD Miller. Is that alright? I got a little confused after reading this again.

God Bless
    Willona Miller
    God Bless,
    Thanks

WD Miller-Fontenot
    Associate Member
    Case Examiner #5730

I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.
    Phil 4:13

Thumbs up Trying out new posts!

Hey Willona,

You'll soon get the hang of everything. It is really wonderful to have access to this forum and to get the chance to meet all of these wonderful people.

Good luck, I will see you in the forums.

Chanelle Stevenson
    Computer Forensics Private Investigator Trainee

Originally posted by Willona Miller
    My name is Willona Miller and my signature signs as WD Miller. Is that alright?
    Hi Willona,

Yes, your signature is fine.

Willona,

Welcome to the IPIU and the IPIU forums.
    Michael E. Harris

Badge #6718

Thank you all for welcoming me. I am having a great time. Chanelle, forensics, I love it. I watch forensic files 24/7. That is a very interesting field. How did you get into it?

God Bless
    Willona Miller
    God Bless,
    Thanks

WD Miller-Fontenot
    Associate Member
    Case Examiner #5730

I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.
    Phil 4:13

Willona,

The TV series such as CSI and CSI: Miami are helpful, but the documentaries are more accurate. Watching both kinds of show gives us a balanced perspective. We see the truth in its gruesome tedium and the lure of getting the bad guys behind bars in under an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Technical Support
    The following is a current copy of the new forum registration page regarding the requirement of a first and last name:

Mike Petrosky